AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2019-01-02, 20:50   Link #12581
Joshua Joestar
Ripple Grand Master

Pls help I can't remember the Title of this WN.

Hi, I just need some help guys, I can't remember this novel that I read a few months ago, I thought that it might already piled up so I was gonna read it now but it seems that I forgot to bookmark it so can someone help me find is cause I'm having a hard time using the Novel Update finder.

Here is what I remember:
The Hero is a reincarnated person who save a girl and that girl is so grateful to him that the goddess(?) Said that he earned the right to reincarnation and gave him cheat(pretty cliché). He has a dad with 3 wifes, 1st was a cuddly and bubbly type, 2nd was a strict and proper lady but not a bad mother rather a kind one and last is a sword saint, oh and all has big boobs. They are nobles and high rank(forgot the rank) and he is the 1st born of the 1st wife, he has sibling from the other mothers, 2nd wife has 2 boys(1 is a asshole) and 3rd wife has 1 daughter and later in the story he will have a more siblings from his 1st mom which is 2 girls. He has a cat maid that treats him like she is his son and that maid had a daughter that she wants to get together with him even if its just a concubine.

List of the girl he smite:

Kingdom Princess- has large boobs and strong dual wielder of sword, promise to marry the one who defeat her, like young boys, wants to fight heroes father but dad push it to hero, result is he wins and didn't realized that he is engage now.

Princess friend/assistant- small boobs (has complex with it). Really smarts and helps hero at learning common sense of this world and study, has a crush on hero and it seem hero notice ithero so its not one sided.

Princess from another country-wolf girl, has medium size boobs(still growing), at first hate hero cause he stole her fiancée(princess) but princess didn't know she propose to her so she forgot about it. She then fell in love with hero when he save her from a pudding like name noble who harass her, she told him her trauma and why she fell in love with princess but found it silly cause it was only one sided and not mutual. Officially engage with hero without him knowing at first, really great cook even though she is a princess.

Sword sister- half sister of hero, has big boobs(fast growing even though still a child), daughter of sword saint an has the potential to supass her mom, loves her brother too much and totally fell for him when he saves her from orc during a annual monsters march in his territory, has a sense of rivalry with the princess who snatch her brother. It seem you can marry your sibling in this world.

Sister from another world- heroes sister in the 1st world but technically her cousin who got adopted to his family, was really devastated when brother died and consoled by BF, got summon by empire(bad people) and train hard to be used in war doesn't know brother is in this world.

Cat Maid imouto- Cat maids daughter and concubine candidate, take cares heroes little sister who has spirits eyes, has rub her scent to hero to claim his hers, back fires at her cause wolf princess smelled it and confront her with other harem member but yelled her resolve to want to be in heroes side getting the acknowledgement of harem members.

Additional Important Characters:

Dad- known hero in kingdom as gale spear(?) And gigolo and conquered lots of brothels that dismayed his wives.

Kingdom's king- very fond of hero and already treats him as son
Kingdom's queen- very fond of hero and wont relent that hero must address her as mother.

Beast king- has bowed against hero for her daughters rudeness to him but forgives him cause there is really no harm, likes hero cause he is strong and help wolf princess to overcome her trauma.

Beast prince- idolize hero and wants to spar with him.

Elf Master- current master of hero, kingdoms strongest and academy's headmaster treats king as her kid cause she saw him grow till young.

Elf court magician- has heterochromia which is a bad omen in this world, was fired when discovered but was offered to work in heroes territory, potential harem member? Breast size unknown.

Pope- also king of holy kingdom and wants to engage his daughter to him.
Holy kingdom queen- warn hero to not make her daughter cry, or else she will do something terrible to him. Scary mother.
Pope's daughter- do not know much about her cause this is where I caught up but a potential harem member? breast size unknown.
Pope's daughter maid- ask hero to stop the engagement cause it might hurt her mistress if hero reject her mistress. Really love her master.

Here all the things I can remember, ask me if you guys need more info and sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance.
Old 2019-01-03, 02:49   Link #12582
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
What manga is this from?
Images
Panel
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Did you ever figure that one out?

Keep forgetting my credentials as I'm not so active here, and the image is now down after being on mobile for the holidays, but -

She's from:
・Title:「わたしのために脱ぎなさいっ!」(Take off your clothes for me!)
・Serial in「コミックキューン」(Comic Cune); February 2018 issue.
・Wikipedia: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/わたしのために脱ぎなさいっ!#%E7%99%BB%E5%A0%B4%E4%BA%BA%E7%89%A 9
Creator:
・Artist: 九郎 (クラウ) (くらう) (Kurou) (maybe other variants/names)
・Pixiv: ID=136872 (mostly NSFW ecchi works; See NSFW spoiler below for link)
・Circle: 0000(クアドラプルゼロ) (quadruple zero)
※ may also be listed in places as participating as「なまえかえたい」or「ナマエカエタイ」(Namae Kaetai) ^_^;
Character:
・Character: 白川 心菜(しらかわ ここな)(Shirakawa Kokona)(hiragana is official) (see wikipedia link above for character description); you'll likely see listings as 'original' character
※ may show up in a few different places like 'Comic Cune' and 'Dengeki Moeou'. Artist should be on the usual non-Japanese image boards, but titles of works or character names may not be.

Samples:
Your image's raw source (with narrower cropping) is the 4th image in Pixiv manga entry.
・Also available officially for free currently on Comic Walker (japanese language only)
NSFW
Proof&Convenience Links (to ecchi underwear/poses/self-censored-nudity)

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-01-03 at 04:12. Reason: add wikipedia link + official free comic walker raw link (distracted reading)
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 03:35   Link #12583
anime2004

I wrote my last reply without refreshing and seeing the other question, but it looks like Joshua Joestar figured out the desired title at Novel Updates; but I'm posting it here in case others find this past in future searches.

Light novel with title:

「転生少年の成長記 〜努力すればするほど強くなれる!?〜」(Tensei Shounen No Seichouki ~Doryoku Sureba Suru Hodo Tsuyoku Nareru!?~) ("The Reincarnated Boy’s Growth Log ~The Harder I Work The Stronger I Can Become!?~")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Joestar View Post
Hi, I just need some help guys, I can't remember this novel that I read a few months ago, I thought that it might already piled up so I was gonna read it now but it seems that I forgot to bookmark it so can someone help me find is cause I'm having a hard time using the Novel Update finder.

Here is what I remember:
The Hero is a reincarnated person who save a girl and that girl is so grateful to him that the goddess(?) Said that he earned the right to reincarnation and gave him cheat(pretty cliché). He has a dad with 3 wifes, 1st was a cuddly and bubbly type, 2nd was a strict and proper lady but not a bad mother rather a kind one and last is a sword saint, oh and all has big boobs.

((Lots of omitted text here))
That was very detailed, haha.
Old 2019-01-11, 04:28   Link #12584
jardenblack26

Looking for a certain anime!

Hey, I hope I'm right here.
As being said, I'm looking for a certain anime, but I don't remeber the name. XDDD
The story is that there is a boy that is kinda a looser in everything. He fails in everything he tries. So he has two possibilities to stand up and go further or to give up. A remember a youtube describing this. He said the moral is that everyone can reach smth if he tries hard enough. Can't find the video either xD Pls let me know if you got an idea.
Thanks
Jarden
jardenblack26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 03:51   Link #12585
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardenblack26 View Post
Hey, I hope I'm right here.
As being said, I'm looking for a certain anime, but I don't remeber the name. XDDD
The story is that there is a boy that is kinda a looser in everything. He fails in everything he tries. So he has two possibilities to stand up and go further or to give up. A remember a youtube describing this. He said the moral is that everyone can reach smth if he tries hard enough. Can't find the video either xD Pls let me know if you got an idea.
Thanks
Jarden
1. Do you happen to know when the YouTube review was made or when you watched it? Or around what time frame the anime was from? Was it a full review after the show was complete or the video created part way through the season?

I suspect I don't know (or forgot) the anime you're searching for (else it may be obvious from the description) but the above and below may help narrow things down for others.

I might say there are several shows with weak characters; sometimes they stay that way but develop or discover redeeming values, others that are zero-to-hero at varying paces. Otherwise I would guess I've not seen it and maybe it will be more apparent to others.

Some random titles to toss out (maybe helps by elimination by describing why not)
- My hero academia? I'd heard of character with weak quirk that can't do much but not seen but one episode a while back.
- Attack on Titan? I doubt, but main character is fairly useless but this may change over time depending on your perspective and with plot-advancement. Dire circumstances. (he does have not much but to drive forward, and or let his situation carry him, not that being there is easy) This is likely too well known to be your title or might have already been found before asking here, I would guess)
- Darling and Franxx? Main character appears mostly useless up front, or without assistance, or without back history. (I can't say that fits the single moral too we'll, though)
- Evangelion you could say fit it by the common depiction of Shinji. (Ie. As you stretch the description it might fit more and more shows.) (I can't say this fits as having that single moral at all.)

Would you recognise it if seen or was it just a description of the story in passing when comparing it to another show?

2. If you have an idea of the genre (shonen, seinen, magic powers, etc) or setting (fantasy, war time, etc) then it may help guide others that have other guesses that they might otherwise hold onto.

3. Is that the single moral/message of the show and it has complete focus on that aspect? Certain that is the single focus? (If you try hard enough you can do something?) And the show plays out showing that? For example, One Punch Man 'got good' with just pushups and hard training but none of the show is about how he got to that point, but that is a common joke. Hajime no ippo is a 'weakling' that finds boxing and majority of show is him boxing well in competitions, but he was not at Rock bottom struggling in the beginning nor constantly the whole show. I mean, Naruto is a bit untalented up front, but grows with hard work, and the luck which he's cursed with, but against past discrimination etc. (Neither of first two are a 'boy' but those are as examples for what I mean regarding the whole show and if the focus is on rock bottom and scraping by and growing little by little over the show's time, versus faster zero to hero, etc.)

4. How young is the boy and is he likely that way the whole show, or he only a boy in backstory/flashbacks, and he's "older" for most of the show?

Maybe some of that clarified will help others if possible to confirm further. Not sure I can be of much help beyond that myself. I don't mean to not go by just want you described initially (or dismiss it being the core of the show) but also feel it's good to confirm so we don't end up skipping over something that might actually be the title.
Old 2019-01-15, 01:54   Link #12586
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Lookin for the name of this anime that involved a male and female protagonist involving chivalry and knighthood. Anime isn't too old, probably came out with the last few years. I do remember an earlier episode where the male protagonist wants to become a one of the powerful beings or whatever (he's not a noble) and goes to this academy. He comes across the female protagonist at that academy and I think they duel and he ends up losing and he promises to be her knight instead of fulfilling his dream. Something like that. I do believe magic is involved too.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 13:38   Link #12587
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Is it this?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30296/...shi_no_Cavalry
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 20:42   Link #12588
Kurohane

^ That was my first thought too, but barcode mentioned the MC lost to the heroine, when in Rakudai, he doesn't.
Old 2019-01-16, 00:25   Link #12589
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Rakudai Kishi checks off a lot of the boxes, but if you're talking about a loss (granted, it doesn't happen until around the end), there's an older anime called Prism Arc that also fits

Absolute Duo might fit, but probably not it

And the other one that might fit is is Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu/Blade Dance

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 07:07   Link #12590
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Lookin for the name of this anime that involved a male and female protagonist involving chivalry and knighthood. Anime isn't too old, probably came out with the last few years. I do remember an earlier episode where the male protagonist wants to become a one of the powerful beings or whatever (he's not a noble) and goes to this academy. He comes across the female protagonist at that academy and I think they duel and he ends up losing and he promises to be her knight instead of fulfilling his dream. Something like that. I do believe magic is involved too.
Maybe 'Boarding school Juliet' (Kishuku Gakkou no Jurietto) (Wiki|ANN|Site(jp)) from autumn 2018?
(sample trailer on site)

EDIT: or am I mixing it up with "Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry" in my vague remembering below, since quick review of "Rakuden Kishi" synopsis has same trope different situation "... When Ikki walks into the room while she is changing her clothes, it causes a huge misunderstanding that eventually leads to a duel between the two." but I remember bushes+fountain and dog ear lock... I could have been shown both in same sitting, while uh slightly inebriated, and still working, while subjected to it playing in background.... ;;;>.> If so sorry, but worth taking quick look at below if not Rakudai Kishi. EDIT 2: nope, I'm remembering right, after all.

A friend watched a bit of this; the bit I remember hazily -
TL;DR…

Just came to mind due to 'recent'. I've not watched Rakudai Kishi, so can't say in comparison to Haak/Kurohane/Magin's distinctions.

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-01-17 at 01:23. Reason: extra air quotes when referring to some nobles as "chivalrous"; and confirmed my memory
Old 2019-01-16, 10:36   Link #12591
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

What anime is this?
Images
Screenshot
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-16, 14:34   Link #12592
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
What anime is this?
Images
Screenshot
It's Knight & Magic.
Old 2019-01-19, 17:24   Link #12593
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Identifying the Higurashi Light Novel....

I am a big collector of higurashi stuff, I am trying to identify the yellow book in this picture. I do not have any other source for this picture, since it was an auction that ended, the picture is just too blurry. Maybe someone has that A.I gigapixel program or just better at noticing what the characters are.

My collection, light novels start at the 2 min mark
Old 2019-01-20, 04:55   Link #12594
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ That was my first thought too, but barcode mentioned the MC lost to the heroine, when in Rakudai, he doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Rakudai Kishi checks off a lot of the boxes, but if you're talking about a loss (granted, it doesn't happen until around the end), there's an older anime called Prism Arc that also fits

Absolute Duo might fit, but probably not it

And the other one that might fit is is Seirei Tsukai no Kenbu/Blade Dance
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
Maybe 'Boarding school Juliet' (Kishuku Gakkou no Jurietto) (Wiki|ANN|Site(jp)) from autumn 2018?
(sample trailer on site)

EDIT: or am I mixing it up with "Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry" in my vague remembering below, since quick review of "Rakuden Kishi" synopsis has same trope different situation "... When Ikki walks into the room while she is changing her clothes, it causes a huge misunderstanding that eventually leads to a duel between the two." but I remember bushes+fountain and dog ear lock... I could have been shown both in same sitting, while uh slightly inebriated, and still working, while subjected to it playing in background.... ;;;>.> If so sorry, but worth taking quick look at below if not Rakudai Kishi. EDIT 2: nope, I'm remembering right, after all.

A friend watched a bit of this; the bit I remember hazily -
TL;DR…

Just came to mind due to 'recent'. I've not watched Rakudai Kishi, so can't say in comparison to Haak/Kurohane/Magin's distinctions.
Sorry for such a prolonged reply. It's none that you all mentioned . I THINK it also involved summoning some sort of combat companion/pet. Honestly, not really sure up to this point except that I just really remember it fully involving this knighthood and all and that the male MC ends up forgoing his dream and serving the female MC (as I had mentioned). I also just recently finished watching Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry prior to my original post which is why I remembered the unidentifiable anime

Old 2019-01-21, 22:16   Link #12595
anime2004

Quote:
Sorry for such a prolonged reply. It's none that you all mentioned . I THINK it also involved summoning some sort of combat companion/pet. Honestly, not really sure up to this point except that I just really remember it fully involving this knighthood and all and that the male MC ends up forgoing his dream and serving the female MC (as I had mentioned). I also just recently finished watching Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry prior to my original post which is why I remembered the unidentifiable anime
No worries. Thanks for verifying. Hmmm.. beyond the other suggestions in the thread-

First, just to be sure, because it would be bad to overlook it: It's not 'Fate/Stay Unlimited Blade Works' or one of the Fate franchise, right? (there is master-slave but it's opposite)
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014)(Wiki|ANN)(2014,2015,movie:2010, non UBW series earlier)
I wouldn't say your description matches perferctly (who's master/slave or fought who), but just need to make sure to ask since it's been a while, but might be considered close. Note there are several Fate works.)
TL;DR…
premise/world explanation for 2014 season
(It's pretty popular and well known so I figure that's not it since you might have seen it or someone might have thought of it first; though different from what I'd think was being described.)

** Was it medieval setting with the Knights, and they wear traditional looking armor?**
(by traditional i mean they wear a significant amount of armor, plate/mail/etc, not design specific. Possibly in a fantasy setting and not modern day cityscape, etc)

I checked with the friend that is more into the genre, and "Absolute Duo" was also mentioned (but confirmed not it, I guess), but also a bit further back...

Some of these don't "fully involve traditional-like knighthood" but may have knights in their universe or as their main characters, others don't but I'd started watching some things with friend prior to the confirmation, so tossing them in because some match in other ways described. I tried to indicate where knights weren't as big of an aspect. Ones with starts just generally seem closer then others.

*Lance N' Masques (Ransu Ando Masukusu)(2013)(Wiki|ANN)
Guy has a White Knight complex and can't help saving damsels. The knights have a rich history but he really doesn't want to be a knight but he can't help himself when someone is in need. Most girls think hes weird and run from him, but he helps one girl and she gets stuck to him as he's a cool hero. He learns she lives alone and only has a father that left her alone, so he decides to dedicate himself to protecting her instead of wandering avoiding being/studying-as a knight but helping people sometimes (not exactly forgoing a dream of normal life. Guy and girl don't battle each other... but some knights do summon their weapons into existence. Guy doesn't loose to anyone initially but does later to some male knights. The Chivalry is heavy in this one.

Regarding the "I THINK it also involved summoning some sort of combat companion/pet", the main girl in the below show summons a giant fist from her stuffed animal she caries all the time; and their team often summons/release plant/tentacle.. monsters or cute blob things to help them cause a ruckus. It's not really about knighthood (but is about 'justice' enforcement) and there is no academy (just a secret organization and sprinkling of school life).. so maybe that is not it, but there are some aspects that are similar.

World Conquest Zvezda Plot (Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda) (2014) (Wiki|ANN)
TL;DR…
general description + first episodes / premise

My friend was going down a list of shows to make some guesses, one similar but likely not it- guy with goal of become pope meets righteous girl on way to magic academy, to everyone's surprise (including his) he is instead placed in career path of Demon King due to his aptitude test; guy does fight girl with swords and magic burst except he always wins when trying not to fight or hurt people, does get beat up by her a lot (hence less like what you're looking for; and no summoning of familiars, just magic circle imagery attacks). Very heavy fanservice... No knights, just desire to be pope/chivalrous More specific notes below in case it is not accessible to review.

Demon King Daimao (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou)(2010)(Wiki|ANN) (per above, guy wanting to be pope, is guided to be demon king due to apptitude test; but this is older. no knights)
TL;DR…
general description + first episode / premise

Actually, few others in that list - It's likely most of these are not close enough, but it may help to eliminate things -

*Dragonar Academy (Seikoku no Dragonar)(2014)(Wiki|ANN) (kinda close in ways..actually?)
Guy with troublemaker reputation is at Academy for dragon summoning, each person has a Pal/par(tner)/slave dragon that can be summoned but his is late and he has not summoned one yet. He is harassed a bunch, looses some practice battles and angers princess on a borrowed dragon mount (actual dragon) and gets in a dragon race bet with a princess, then some things happen and looses race by dropping out, his dragon is summoned (a little girl) and she claims she's the master and not him. Opening lyrics say "Even if i die, i'll be your knight" and something about "Knight Country". No 'forgoing his goal' that I could see but he did sacrifice his arm just for a girl's wish to go see a dragon in the backstory intro of the first ep.

?GRANBLUE FANTASY: The Animation(2017)(Wiki|ANN) (knights and some similarities, but not much about chivalry)
Special Girl falls from airship, running from the empire knights, Guy saves her, protects her, Girl's normal female protector knight shows up. He forces himself on them to continue helping after initial battle. He has a little talking flying dragon pet that follows him. He finds bigger baddies and they call/summon a dragon, and he looses the battle, mortally wounded, special girl heals him sharing her magic power with him. They together they summon their own dragon and win. He doesn't fight the girls, however. He wanted to become a Skyfarer, no one believes such tales are real/tangible. But ep2 spoiler, she shared her lifeforce and now they permanently share the same lifeforce/bond, and he must travel with them. He admits his 'death' was his own fault, that special girl is not to blame and has no qualms following them (he must regardless). He forgoes his life in his town to travel with them, and follow his dream.

*Tales of Zestiria ....(2014,2016,2017)(Wiki|ANN(2014))
I've not seen or played this(nor has my fiend) but I think the guy that can see seraphim that others cant, meets girl and she needs his help and later he ends up squire/servant to her? Could be close but I don't know as much of the series. It may not be correct; maybe lack of
TL;DR…
quote snip from wikipedia about game's story

World Break: Aria of Curse for Holy Swordsman (Seiken Tsukai no World Break)(2015)(Wiki|ANN)
TL;DR…
general description - first episodes + premise

*Knight's & Magic(Naitsu to Majikku)(2017)(Wiki|ANN) (Academy for knights in mecha; I'm guessing you'd probably remember the mecha aspect, and he doesn't fight a girl, but..)
TL;DR…
general description -first episodes + premise

The Irregular at Magic High School (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)(2014)(Wiki|ANN) (not likely, not really about knights just protectors)
TL;DR…
general description - first episodes + premise

?Twin Star Exorcists (Sousei on Onmyouji)(2016)(Wiki|ANN) (closer; exorcists that take role of protectors, but not exactly knights, but quite the standard heros against evil)
Guy really doesn't want to become the best exorcist, but when confronted with evil baddies a girl exorcist claims to want that goal and she almost defeats monster with two swords and magic talismans, but he is forced to step in when she is loosing and defeats it (he's actually really powerful... but previously gave up being an exorcist due to bad past event); then tells her he never wants to do this and refuses to work with her; second episode a head priest forces them to dual to demonstrate their power, intense battle of wills commence a back and forth, she pushes harder just at the end (neither wins; I'll leave minor spoiler out) but he was not shown to have lost. She does have some sort of familiar that is summoned but I did not see it in a fight in the couple episodes I was shown. He's paired up with her, but doesn't want to fight - later he asks for her to help protect things he cares about, there is a servant aspect with his male friend but I don't know if that ever happens later with her or not. He's not part of the exorcist linage, but at a school/orphanage so he became one. The exorcists wear white outfits similar to knights and use swords but aren't exactly knights, just good people killing evil monsters to keep peace. So not exactly knighthood, but priesthood. He had forgone being strongest exorcist, but after meeting girl, he ends up going back to that path.

*Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arch and the Alchemist Knight (Yurishiizu Jan'nu Daruku to Renkin no Kishi)(2015)(Wiki|ANN) (forsakes soul to become immortal alchemist to protect female knight, with help of fairy; instead of staying at Knight school)
TL;DR…
general description - first episodes / premise

If something else comes to mind that is closer in the future, I'll stop back by and reply and send a PM to you. Though others may not PM directly so good to check back if wondering in the far future. I don't have much else to suggest currently that is not further off from the description one way or another.

This was a good excuse to sample a few shows my friend had seen and had within reach.
Old 2019-01-22, 03:08   Link #12596
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
*Dragonar Academy (Seikoku no Dragonar)(2014)
That's it! Thank you so much for taking the time to look for it. Also, sorry again if my info on the anime was off. I only remember watching a few episodes before stopping. Much appreciated!

Old 2019-01-22, 05:05   Link #12597
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post

I am a big collector of higurashi stuff, I am trying to identify the yellow book in this picture. I do not have any other source for this picture, since it was an auction that ended, the picture is just too blurry. Maybe someone has that A.I gigapixel program or just better at noticing what the characters are.

My collection, light novels start at the 2 min mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY-ADDED-TEXT
EDIT1: That is a very awesome collection. While you likely don't need me to confirm that; I would like to remind you "AH!" You actually already have that book, I think (Youtube @5m52s at the top left corner?); I had only looked at the novels around the mentioned time after doing the search and identification; so on full review I can retroactively note it is very likely the Bunko version is there (not sure about the older TJ Mook version but they should be 'effectively' equivalent. Links I provided are mostly regarding Bunko, but some are Mook. -- Do check your collection if that one is accessible and let us know as I think the spine should confirm for your own collection.
It was a bit too bury, though I thought maybe the imprint logo or cross referencing your list with internet to try to find a more complete list might work. Not quite a Super Dash Shueisha logo and wasn't fully sure, kinda looked like「百」(but darker on left is bad) really can't tell for blurred kanji as there others close (spoiler: it was 名), but 9 characters total, maybe a fu or ke... duno, so some digging around..

I believe you're looking for:
・Title: ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル
・Publisher: 宝島社文庫 [文庫](Takarajimasha Bunko)(wiki(jp)|wiki(en)|site)
・Released: August 5th 2008 (per publisher's site)
・Page count: 205 (vs 113)
・ISBN: 978-4-7966-6572-8 (search-result-details)
Looks like it contains character intros, original art/scenes, and some staff interview questions. Seems like a revised printing, where a Mook version was revised and renamed from『ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル100』TJ MOOK to your Bunko version. The Mook version may be listed as associated with「07th Expansion」in places whereas the Bunko as with「別冊宝島編集部【編】」(publisher's re-edited version). Thus, neither is in the List of Higurashi novels english wikipedia (not listed); but the Mook version is in the japanese wikipedia entry (see below).

For a TL;DR (ie. a bunch of images in one place to quick confirm this is what you're looking for, see this ----> imgur link <---- further below; and the section directly below for Publisher & 07th Expansion's official product listing pages.
Some Japanese Online Store links are also below, and a couple English based Stores, did not search all or proxy services.

Official Publisher/Creator Book info Page:
・Your book: ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル https://tkj.jp/book/?cd=70657201&path=&s1=
Search for both books (includes the original, TJ MOOK version).
Official 07thExpansion page listing both Bunko+Mook ISBN and details.

Quick note about wikipedia listing (of Mook version):
TL;DR…
wikipedia(jp) lists Mook(magazine+book) version but NOT your revision
NOT to be confused with『ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル100』which has a black spine (with the caution tape theme cover), and a magazine number 66483-22, whereas the Bunko just an isbn. And some doujin novels (not doujinshi) listed elsewhere for future reference, though the book you seek is official+comercial.

Confirmation notes to keep in mind:
Your source picture shows:
・Spine: Bright Yellow; with Green top border.
・Obi: Red; with white text; black lined logo.

Quick online photo examples (ie. confirmation of spine):
***Many of these sample images pushed to imgur in one place for convenience. ***
・Has a Dust Jacket (otamart(en) product page samples, one of inside pages) (.webp image format!, converted images are on imgur link above.) I'm not familiar with this site.
・A bunch of misc auction pages/photos at Mercari.com
・... more images if you search for title or look at store pages below.

Some online store product pages (image/info) references:
TL;DR…
Japanese/English Store/Marketplace pages (for image samples/verification/purchase)

For Reference:
・Regarding the term (Mook)(ムック)(Magazine+Book: Magazine-like that stays in circulation longer.
Wiki(jp) | Wiki(en). English wiki have english articles that go into details.

I'm also a fan of higurashi but have not gone to collect any commercial books; even if you decide you don't want that specific book, I hope that it eases the concern over what it was, and that this helps with your quest!

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-01-22 at 07:50. Reason: (watched whole youtube video!)
Old 2019-01-22, 05:20   Link #12598
anime2004

Quote:
That's it! Thank you so much for taking the time to look for it. Also, sorry again if my info on the anime was off. I only remember watching a few episodes before stopping. Much appreciated!
Awesome! And no problem or worries about your description. Sometimes we just can't quite remember, or remember incorrectly, or it takes a bit to recall details, and by that point it certainly can't be helped (though I've never tried hypnotism :P).

I also got to use it as an excuse to hang out with my friend and watch a few of those that I'd not seen (a quick review of the genre), and we found at least one we may continue watching that both of us hadn't already watched (my friend enjoys those genre/tropes and had already watched some or all episodes of many of them. ^_^; making that a bit easier). We over were a bit more loose in the listing just to be safe (and had started watching some before the 'definitely has Knights; maybe a summon' follow up.

Enjoy the watch/re-watch if not already!

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-01-22 at 05:30. Reason: (sorry for double post but it doesn't make much sense to attach to the last comment and have this lost)
Old 2019-01-22, 09:49   Link #12599
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Turns out I already have the book, once I knew it was game hint book. Book so small that got buried in my collection with artbooks of all things. Forgot I even had that. Thanks so much. My book collection still complete

Quote:
It was a bit too bury, though I thought maybe the imprint logo or cross referencing your list with internet to try to find a more complete list might work. Not quite a Super Dash Shueisha logo and wasn't fully sure, kinda looked like「百」(but darker on left is bad) really can't tell for blurred kanji as there others close (spoiler: it was 名), but 9 characters total, maybe a fu or ke... duno, so some digging around..
Old 2019-02-21, 04:00   Link #12600
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

wheres this from and who drew this??
NSFW
NSFW
NSFW

Spoiler:

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel