AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2019-08-31, 09:38   Link #1
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Space Battleship Yamato 2205: New Voyage

Yamato Fan club magazine confirmation of a "Space Battleship Yamato 2205 New Voyage"(宇宙戦艦ヤマト2205 新たなる旅立ち) to be out in fall of 2020 by Harutoshi Fukui.

So far that's the only source that I am aware of.
Old 2019-08-31, 11:30   Link #2
TZoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Yamato Fan club magazine confirmation of a "Space Battleship Yamato 2205 New Voyage"(宇宙戦艦ヤマト2205 新たなる旅立ち) to be out in fall of 2020 by Harutoshi Fukui.

Searching for that title I got these images:
https://blog.goo.ne.jp/gjm1230/e/8c2...7b950cfb024e6d
TZoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-01, 21:46   Link #3
Korol

Quote:

Wait could be the Dark Nebula Empire been the enemies so yeah i was hoping the Dark Nebulan Fleet had newer ships and that Goroba Space Battle Fortress been much deadlier this time around in the remake like it could shrug off the Dessler Cannon without being damaged.
Korol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-01, 22:28   Link #4
YF19EX

Well here it is officially!
https://yamato2202.net/news/1567329258.html
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 02:32   Link #5
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korol View Post
Wait could be the Dark Nebula Empire been the enemies so yeah i was hoping the Dark Nebulan Fleet had newer ships and that Goroba Space Battle Fortress been much deadlier this time around in the remake like it could shrug off the Dessler Cannon without being damaged.
No details yet. They might, they might not. There's a fair gap between the end of Yamato 2202 and the year 2205. Dessler would have made it home not long after the events of the series conclusion. So who knows what they will have for us after a one and a half to two year gap in the timeline. Note that most of Yamato 2202 takes place during 2203, and the series definitely ends sometime during 2203.

For all we know they might jump right to the Bolar or Dinguil or use something else but still relate it to an Aquarius based plot. Aquarius seems to be a persistent thread in the remade timeline. Its where a lot of the supertechnology comes from and has a massive influence on most of the races in some way.
Old 2019-09-02, 02:48   Link #6
Korol

i can imagine the space battles of the sol system like the Arizona and it.s sister ships along with international space battleships like Hood Bismarck Genoa Novik and Prince of Wales been fighting the Dark Nebulan Empire Fleet while the Yamato had to destroy the Dark Nebulan Homeplanet on their side story before those ships later been deployed on Bolar Wars on Finding Habitable Planets. the Dinguil in remake shall been more dangerous on their Radiation Missiles. been used against Earth Fleet and Gamilon Fleet.
Old 2019-09-02, 17:48   Link #7
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could be anything. Though a reoccurring question that comes up from time to time...what about Sasha, daughter of Starsha of Iscandar? Will we see her this time around....and how old will she appear?

Assuming Starsha was actually pregnant in 2199, Sasha should be five or six years old in 2205. Assuming Iscandarians still mature quicker than humans, see can still appear as a teenager if she ages three times faster than normal without it seeming too weird. It still be weird, but not as weird as her growing from baby to teenager within a year like the original.
Old 2019-09-02, 21:28   Link #8
Korol

I Wish the Space Marines been involved on those future series man imagine Space Marines in their Mech Suits vs Dinguil Robo Horse Cavalry would been a nice fights between ground forces.
Old 2019-09-03, 09:26   Link #9
LKK

Is this going to be a theatrical release before being a TV release like the other two were?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-03, 16:46   Link #10
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I image so. That setup has worked out for the Japanese so far. Gives them more time per four episodes and I assume a slightly larger budget since its going to theaters first.
Old 2019-09-03, 16:52   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yes, I think it's safe to assume they're going to do the same thing. Here's hoping it'll be as good as the first season.
Old 2019-09-03, 18:39   Link #12
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they should have more freedom to write if they aren't going for the emotional beats of an existing story this time around.
Old 2019-09-03, 19:21   Link #13
LKK

Quote:
I image so. That setup has worked out for the Japanese so far. Gives them more time per four episodes and I assume a slightly larger budget since its going to theaters first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, I think it's safe to assume they're going to do the same thing. Here's hoping it'll be as good as the first season.
*sigh* I have mixed feelings about a movie run first. I don't want to wait. I appreciate the answer though. Thanks!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-03, 20:14   Link #14
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it also depend, slightly, I they intend to put out a dub from Funimation early or later.
Old 2019-09-03, 23:38   Link #15
Korol

Is it possible the Surviving Andromedas like Achilles Antares and Aldebarran been return since they.re only ones got survived in comet empire war.
Old 2019-09-04, 00:51   Link #16
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is possible. The Earth fleet is not short on ships. People to run said ships, yes, but not ships.
Old 2019-09-04, 02:47   Link #17
GundamFan0083

I'm excited and can't wait. I do hope this is the Dark Nebula Empire arc. So far the new team has done a fantastic job (IMHO) with Yamato 2199, the Celestial Ark, and 2202, I hope 2205 is as good.
Old 2019-09-04, 05:22   Link #18
Korol

the Dark Nebulans would just do mining for planet Gamilon and Iscandar for Energy like the original and Dessler gets pissed off and attack the Dark Nebulan Fleet without hesitation his big mistake he blew up his own home planet i hope he wont destroy planet gamilas and it.s people this time.
Old 2019-09-04, 11:06   Link #19
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering that the planet is populated, center of the empire, and should have a fleet near by, I image they won't do that this time around. In the original version, the planet was dead. It was abandoned, so the Nebulans came as used squatters right to mine ore. Iscandar was not empty, but with a population of three, and not needing to mine there until they finished with Gamilas, they could afford to just blockade the place until they needed it. That is, until Dessler came back.

So I don't think they will do that part of the plot line. Not without a war happening first at least.
Old 2019-09-04, 18:27   Link #20
Korol

Earth in other hand the Humans and Gamilons had found an Asteroid Icarus and been converted into a secret dock for the Yamato to been Refit. just to prevent those pesky Dark Nebulans from knowing it the Automated Fleet shall been having put up a fight before they got destroyed by the Dark Nebulan Fleet.