AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-03-19, 18:48   Link #6441
Arcorann

New spinoff "Saki re: King's Tile Draw" starting 25th on Gangan Online - looks like a genderflipped version this time around. As someone pointed out on Akio's page that will make six Saki series running at the same time (main, Achiga, Shinohayu, Toki, MakoMeshi, and this).

EDIT: Also Ritz's blog updated with art for the volume bonuses. That's a remarkably specific caption for the pic of Ryuuka - gives me an excuse to test out DeepL translator's new Japanese capabilities:

合宿所に向かう途中で竹野浜海水浴場に寄るので制服の下に水着を着てきた千里山女子メンバー。直前に去年の 水着が合わないと気づいた清水谷さんは仕方なく母親の水着を借りてきたが恥ずかしくて脱げないでいた。そこ に園城寺さ -> "The Senriyama girls wore swimsuits under their uniforms as they stopped at the Takeno-hama beach on their way to the camp. Last year's swimsuit didn't fit, Shimizuya had no choice but to borrow her mother's swimsuit, but she was too embarrassed to take it off. That's where Sonjo-ji is."

Last edited by Arcorann; 2020-03-19 at 19:04.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-23, 16:19   Link #6442
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcorann View Post
New spinoff "Saki re: King's Tile Draw" starting 25th on Gangan Online - looks like a genderflipped version this time around. As someone pointed out on Akio's page that will make six Saki series running at the same time (main, Achiga, Shinohayu, Toki, MakoMeshi, and this).

EDIT: Also Ritz's blog updated with art for the volume bonuses. That's a remarkably specific caption for the pic of Ryuuka - gives me an excuse to test out DeepL translator's new Japanese capabilities:

合宿所に向かう途中で竹野浜海水浴場に寄るので制服の下に水着を着てきた千里山女子メンバー。直前に去年の 水着が合わないと気づいた清水谷さんは仕方なく母親の水着を借りてきたが恥ずかしくて脱げないでいた。そこ に園城寺さ -> "The Senriyama girls wore swimsuits under their uniforms as they stopped at the Takeno-hama beach on their way to the camp. Last year's swimsuit didn't fit, Shimizuya had no choice but to borrow her mother's swimsuit, but she was too embarrassed to take it off. That's where Sonjo-ji is."
That's just incredibly odd to me.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 10:03   Link #6443
tsunade666

Teru had use rinshan kaihou to win. op.
Old 2020-04-04, 09:11   Link #6444
KasumiZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Teru had use rinshan kaihou to win. op.
Well teru did teach saki that move
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-05, 20:43   Link #6445
King-Slayer

Who can stop her now? Also the male Saki was pretty much a 1 to 1 remake.
Old 2020-04-07, 19:17   Link #6446
Bladezer

Honestly, I like Achiga but I dont get why they are getting a continuation, especially when they are a monthly series and not a weekly, where you could have it run concurrently with the main manga. To help show a different perspective on the finals.

Also, having the Achiga spin-off taking all of Achiga's stuff from the main manga, may make them look bland, like Esui did, only this time it only being their deepet stuff going to be in supplementaru material instead of barely any. And well, I feel, someone shouldnt have to read both books to get the full

Well, I can only hope they'll adapt all the Achiga spin-off stuff into the potential 3rd season, so no one misses any of it.

Also I hope we get flashbacks of Harue explaining Kiyosumi to each member, cause it'll be neat to see someone finally give full through in depth knowledge on them. And possible counters to Kiyosumi's playstyle. Plus be fun to see Harue's analysis of Rinkai as well, least I hope they do, since Harue will look bad if briefed them all on Shiraitodai, but not Rinkai.

Also on male spin off, I can only ask one thing. Why is Kyoutoro still a guy? Cause bit of a plot hole I feel, since Hisa was looking to recruit one more member so they could enter the team tournament.

Unless male spin off going to have 6 member team instead of 5, cause that'd be different.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-09, 23:36   Link #6447
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Honestly, I like Achiga but I dont get why they are getting a continuation, especially when they are a monthly series and not a weekly, where you could have it run concurrently with the main manga. To help show a different perspective on the finals.
Main manga release schedule is too inconsistent to make that possible.

I think they realize that if they wait for Ritz to complete the main series, it will take forever to reach the end of final round, so they make this continuation of Achiga.

Believe it or not, this continuation of Achiga will mange to finish the whole final long before the main manga will.
Old 2020-04-27, 19:08   Link #6448
Marina2

Shinohayu 78 and Achiga 22

Achiga chapter is the expansion and the alternate POV of Saki chapter 190. You can clearly see the different drawing style here (especially the boob area..). Still, Is that woman with a phone in the first page Shino??? Oh...I see this how they will introduce Shino in present time.

Meanwhile, nothing really happened in this chapter of Shinohayu. Shino had to go home early to recover from heatstroke. But next chapter will start Shino's second time at the national.

Last edited by Marina2; 2020-04-27 at 19:21.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 20:43   Link #6449
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, that is Hayari and her lackey with her, so that does seem likely. Fun times. It would be a fun convergence series if after the finals the next arc involves an all japan team she coaches.

Imagine. A post inter-high Saki world. Between this and the Akagi vs Washizu game Mahjong based series seem to be on a league of their own time dilation wise
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 21:13   Link #6450
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

New shinohayu chapter. Shinohayu has been doing some pretty decent character development chapters recently which I really appreciate, but I hope we move onto something more action oriented soon... and it seems we will get just that as we enter the individuals.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 21:12   Link #6451
Arcorann

Vanguard match is officially over. That was a pretty bad hanchan for Yuuki.
Old 2020-06-20, 22:36   Link #6452
AP24

Kiyosumi was leading in the beginning but ends up last place
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-23, 11:02   Link #6453
The Green One

That's pretty much the story of Yuuki's career in the series, start out really strong and build a lead and then get utterly roflstomped by the end.

Only two more years to go until it's Saki's turn.
Old 2020-06-27, 15:42   Link #6454
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Lots of cute moments in latest shinohayu. Shino's gang of rivals are all fun characters, especially Kokoro.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 17:08   Link #6455
tsunade666

WTF! An accident happen and it's just before her match. The rip is minor but that injury is bad.
Old 2020-07-19, 07:19   Link #6456
Arcorann

Had im@s Jankiden flashbacks for a moment there with that injury. Wonder if we'll see all of Mako's play or not.
Old 2020-07-19, 07:37   Link #6457
The Green One

Wow....Hisa had a really rough break in this chapter. What the heck is she going to be able to do with this.

Too bad it'll take over a year to get to her match lol.
Old 2020-07-23, 20:26   Link #6458
KasumiZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Wow....Hisa had a really rough break in this chapter. What the heck is she going to be able to do with this.

Too bad it'll take over a year to get to her match lol.
I would be faster if the author didn't keep taking breaks
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-23, 22:18   Link #6459
The Green One

Well at least our Grandkids can enjoy the final round someday....
Old 2020-08-07, 20:31   Link #6460
King-Slayer

Can't believe my girl Hisa is hurt! She's going to meet Mihoko next chapter so hopefully she convinces her to see a doc or something.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri