AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-10, 10:30   Link #101
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Great ep as always, but felt a little lonely. A couple of important things are clearly missing. Maybe those two are taking a break now that she's figured out just what her heart's been telling her all this time.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-10, 18:46   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She was also one in Aquatope, I believe ?
You're right! I had forgotten that one.
Old 2022-09-11, 12:46   Link #103
James Rye

So poor Rin missed her senpai for a whole year just to finally meet up with him again and him having fallen completely for another girl. And she still wants to help him over his depression for not seeing Urushi for four days. Damn, girl, you've got a good heart (and a big stomach), never change, Rin, never change. T_T
Old 2022-09-16, 13:49   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Darn it Rin! I tend to like your character overall, but stop getting in the way by dragging Takeru to shogi club! We're getting too little of Takeru and Sakurako anyways. The last thing we need is interference getting between them.
Old 2022-09-16, 13:56   Link #105
grecefar

Rin is helping takeru indirectly by making sakurako lonely so she miss takeru more since they aren't spending that much time together now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 14:15   Link #106
James Rye

Damn, she is the perfect wingwoman, working to make two couples a reality at the same time. And at the expense of her own feelings.
Old 2022-09-16, 15:18   Link #107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Rin is helping takeru indirectly by making sakurako lonely so she miss takeru more since they aren't spending that much time together now.
That's really indirect . Since they just spent time at the library the next day anyways.

I definitely consider her just getting in the way. But at least she's making life harder on herself. So not like she's not taking a hit in all this.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2022-09-16 at 15:29.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 16:10   Link #108
grecefar

Ehh sakurako was getting spoiled too much, a day or two without takeru should make her think he isn't for granted.
Old 2022-09-16, 18:29   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Almost no Sakurako but more Maki than ever! It's a fair trade-off. It was good to see Urushi in a different environment too.
Old 2022-09-16, 23:34   Link #110
Frontier

Maki has big breast problems. Urushi wishes she had big breast problems…but at least she’s enjoying herself on the class trip with her gal pals .

Poor Takeru. Just being a nominal member of the shogi club doesn’t get him out of Rin’s competitiveness and strict running of the club. He’d rather spend time with Sakurako !

Can’t have a class trip without some bathing ladies! Too bad Urushi doesn’t have as much to show off as her friends, and Maki’s big breast problems sound like she’s still bragging about them .

A temple for praying for bigger boobs is the most anime thing ever. Of course, maybe the majesty of Maki’s chest can fulfill the hopes and dreams of the flat chested .

Oh hey, one of Urushi’s friends actually has a boyfriend! And he’s older !

Man, poor Urushi. Ayumu is on the phone talking to Rin about shogi late into the night while Urushi keeps waiting for him to message her…only he doesn’t because he’s trying not to bother her. The one time Ayumu should make a move !

Urushi should just be honest about her feelings. Although praying for Ayumu to beat you in shogi at a love temple is like basically praying for him to confess to you .

I really have to admire how far Rin is willing to go to help Ayumu succeed in his love knowing she once had feelings for him herself .

The best gal pals play with you to help you feel better and make sure you dress up nice for a late-night “date” even if it’s just a shogi match over the phone .

Kimono fanservice! But Urushi on cloud 9 because she’s going to talk to/play Ayumu is the best. Also Maki totally sent that picture to Ayumu, I’m betting .

Leaving off on a cliffhanger of Ayumu and Urushi’s phone match…I’m betting something happens during it that’ll be swoon-worthy .
Old 2022-09-21, 15:10   Link #111
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I didn't liked the whole breast talk and the bath scenes. They were REALLY unneeded in this show. I liked that Maki actually shows that she's a really good friend to Urushi. I didn't liked that Ayumu didn't even messaged Urushi, but was only thinking "I don't want to bother senpai on her trip". All while Urushi was pissed and had "When the hell he will text me?!" all over her face.
Old 2022-09-22, 19:53   Link #112
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 11:34   Link #113
Frontier

Urushi finally realizing how it feels when you're away from someone you love to the point where three days feel like ages since you first spoke with them. And just look at her glow-up when she finally hears his voice! And that's before he gives her a literary love confession. Girls' got it bad for Ayumu .

It's very Urushi to buy gifts that are shogi based for her clubmates, but Maki can at least take pleasure in knowing Urushi and Ayumu will be getting matching Pawn pieces, considering she wasn't satisfied with the lack of progress their late-night shogi match .

Rin is really committed to training Ayumu and getting him ready to defeat Urushi so he can confess, not letting her past feelings for him get in the way, thought for a split-second you can see she has some mixed feelings. And then eventually she talks about a "friend" to make a point to Ayumu about how she regrets holding onto feelings she was never able to realize or properly convey to him, and how she doesn't want him to end up the same way, but Ayumu won't be deterred and even manages to cheer Rin up in his own way. I wonder though if his understanding of Rin goes as deep as he implies .

The only major "drama" of the episode is Urushi losing her charm from Ayumu and having to chase a cat after it, but being so desperate to get it back and realizing how much she wishes Ayumu was there with her, amidst the ever romantic cherry blossoms, finally gets her to realize her feelings for Ayumu and admit she likes them. And that's all Maki has been waiting to hear .

So now Urushi is aware of her feelings which makes her even more anxious and nervous around Ayumu, but also makes her doubly cuter .

We couldn't leave off without one last Takeru and Sakurako moment in the library! Did Sakurako legit kiss him? They never showed us what happened, so I'm just going to imagine it's a "yes" .

It's the final shogi match of the series...and Ayumu wins! Except Urushi was still giving him a handicap so I guess he's not going to confess after all. And Rin even went to the trouble of leaving the room and giving them privacy so Ayumu could confess and she could finally move on, calling him "Tanaka-senpai" one last time...and he doesn't confess. I can only imagine how ticked off Rin is going to be when she finds out he didn't actually confess .

The series ends in a fitting way with Ayumu vowing that, even once he surpasses her (and confesses) he'll still play shogi with her every day...which frankly sounds like a marriage proposal to me! These two will be playing shogi together until their old and gray with grandkids! I mean, they've even got matching keychains on their bags! They're practically dating already !
Old 2022-09-23, 12:13   Link #114
Alchemist007
*Author

Was alright, but little in the way of progress; even if that's the author's MO, it's a lame one.

6/10
Old 2022-09-23, 14:14   Link #115
grecefar

Finally urushi throw a bone to maki at the end lol.

Now the only thing left to watch is takagi-san movie, I don't doubt we will get another season of ayumu or tsubaki, but I think what is coming next will be motto takagi-san.

8/10.
Old 2022-09-23, 18:45   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Definitely the worse series in the FAU (Forehead Animated Universe) for me. Already stated why so I'll spare you from repeating my complaints.

As for the last episode, I kept waiting for them to come back to Sakurako and Takeru since it was obvious Ayumu wasn't going to confess, but they never did. Second time this week an anime has blueballed me hard.
Old 2022-09-23, 20:12   Link #117
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Finally urushi throw a bone to maki at the end lol.

Now the only thing left to watch is takagi-san movie, I don't doubt we will get another season of ayumu or tsubaki, but I think what is coming next will be motto takagi-san.

8/10.
Tsubaki really only got an adaptation because it's Yamamoto (it's his Majimoji Rurumo, if you like), so that won't be getting a sequel. Ayumu might but they treated this as if it was a one and done. I don't doubt there'll be a Motto Takagi adaptation someday but I think we get one more season of the parent series when the manga finally ends.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 20:32   Link #118
Frontier

I definitely wouldn't mind getting more .
Old 2022-09-23, 21:23   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Believe I can sum up my feelings on this episode pretty simply...Oh come on!

This episode is a bundle of "oh come on" moments just packed in there nice and tight. Takeru and Sakurako having a moment in the library? Let's cut away from that when things are getting interesting. Ayumu wins a game? It's another one where she had a handicap so apparently that still isn't good enough for him to confess. Does anyone remember that there's a countdown to her graduating? Sure, they can meet up as life goes on. But the opportunities are dwindling here.

Took a long road to get there. But thankfully the late bloomer Urushi figured out her feelings...that have been apparent for over a year! That's some impressive lack of self-awareness to be sure. I'm with Maki in giving an over the top reaction because Urushi figuring that out for herself is basically a world changing event!

The show definitely wasn't bad. There was some good moments and the cast is overall pretty likable. But the best pair are still the side pair that don't get nearly enough moments to lift the show up into being really good.

Yeah, 6/10.
Old 2022-09-23, 23:08   Link #120
Frontier

I just want to see Rin's reaction when she finds out he didn't confess .

Tags
shogi, slice of life