AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-08-24, 07:06   Link #1401
B214

Frieza couldn't maintain the form for long when he first attained Golden Frieza. Probably why he didn't rush this round and took extra time to master the forms properly.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-24, 10:26   Link #1402
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, that bit with Granolah not being able to find Frieza when trying to search for his ki is pretty neat, as it means Toyotaro may have planned this out ahead of time. It may not completely fix how badly it was executed, but it's something.

And yeah, I also think Frieza only trained to become stronger than the strongest level he saw of Goku, as in MUI. Though in that case, one has to wonder why it took him ten years to reach that level given how fast his growth is implied to be (taking 4 months of training to reach a level above SSJ Blue).
the planning is most likely from the guideline given by Toriyama
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 11:46   Link #1403
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Frieza couldn't maintain the form for long when he first attained Golden Frieza. Probably why he didn't rush this round and took extra time to master the forms properly.
It'd be great if he did do that.

@Kanon: True. Though I think 17 having infinite energy may have helped him out in that to some extent.

@azenable: If the Super manga is still following Toriyama's guideline and the said outline didn't only go up to the part where the anime left off. I'm still not sure about that.
Old 2022-09-05, 00:40   Link #1404
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It'd be great if he did do that.

@Kanon: True. Though I think 17 having infinite energy may have helped him out in that to some extent.

@azenable: If the Super manga is still following Toriyama's guideline and the said outline didn't only go up to the part where the anime left off. I'm still not sure about that.
what's there to be not sure about? its a know fact that Toriyama send the guides and beginning and the end. Toyotaro only fill in the blanks. The buzzword now is 'supervised by Akira Toriyama'
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-18, 18:35   Link #1405
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The manga will return next month with an arc set right before Super Hero and featuring Goten and Trunks as the protagonists . It looks like the manga may retell Super Hero but I'm not sure whether that's been 100% confirmed.
Old 2022-11-20, 13:11   Link #1406
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

LMAO
Old 2022-11-23, 11:33   Link #1407
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Ridiculous clothes aside, this might come across as fresh content. The Granolah arc was even longer than the Frieza arc when comparing mangas and most of it was pure fighting even in flashbacks. Let's hope the manga does like Super Hero and prioritize telling a story over having characters fight for 30 pages without any strategy. Even the whole Ultra Ego Vegeta obtained was useless as he lost three fights with it.
Old 2022-11-23, 16:54   Link #1408
Galaxian

All I hope for is a proper Gotenks.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-06, 20:05   Link #1409
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Dragon Ball foreshadowed something Dragon Ball Super brought up some years ago: Goku does not know what a kiss is and will never make one

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status...73230950170624
Old 2022-12-07, 08:16   Link #1410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Dragon Ball foreshadowed something Dragon Ball Super brought up some years ago: Goku does not know what a kiss is and will never make one

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status...73230950170624
I wouldn't call it foreshadowing, he was just a kid who knew little outside of life with his grandpa and training with Roshi back then.

In Super he's a grown ass 40 years old with two kids. He has no excuses.
Old 2022-12-09, 03:08   Link #1411
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Sad, but true. He probably also sees sex as either a fight or training; ChiChi may have told him that to get him in on it.
Old 2022-12-20, 10:57   Link #1412
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The first Dragon Ball Super manga chapter I have ever enjoyed since..... this is the first one!! It had old bs comedy the original series was known for. No stupid neverending battles and color transformations. Just the gags of people punching others around. Still, it's insane how Trunks wants to date a 70 year old woman. It's like Toyotaro took notes from Super Hero
Old 2022-12-20, 12:44   Link #1413
Galaxian

It's kind of surprising that Goten is the "brains" of the outfit while Trunks is the impulsive one.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-20, 14:22   Link #1414
Blaat

I had to laugh when Goten pointed out to Trunks that their fathers were ghosts as well at some point.
Old 2022-12-20, 16:42   Link #1415
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I had to laugh when Goten pointed out to Trunks that their fathers were ghosts as well at some point.
Also Gotenks creates ghosts If the fusion returns, I hope the author tries to give Gotenks a comical battle which is why the Buu arc had the most hilarious part there even though a lot of people kept dying.
Old 2022-12-20, 17:32   Link #1416
GDB

This was a fun chapter, but they really wrote this like it'd been 7-9 years since we last saw Trunks and Goten. It's been what, like 1-2 years? I get that they're finally looking their age now, but still feels super out of character for both of them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-20, 19:05   Link #1417
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, that chapter was really enjoyable. I was never Goten and present Trunks' biggest fan but they were pretty fun in this chapter. Despite being a year younger, Goten seems the more mature of the two. He was great in this chapter. Trunks on the other hand spent his time pissing himself because of the ghosts/Zombies and spilling his spaghetti around Mai. His future self would ashamed of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This was a fun chapter, but they really wrote this like it'd been 7-9 years since we last saw Trunks and Goten. It's been what, like 1-2 years? I get that they're finally looking their age now, but still feels super out of character for both of them.
Them having a sudden growth spurt was hand-waved as it being a Saiyan thing in Super Hero. Goku certainly remained very small for a long time, but Gohan seemed to grow up normally. Not to mention Future Trunks grew up normally as well, so no reason that wouldn't apply to present Trunks. But whatever, at least they finally look their age.

Trunks pinning for a girl who is mentally like 40 years older than him can be seen as odd but:

1. It's manganime, teenagers having the hots for hundred years old vampires happens all the time, this is nothing
2. Future Trunks and Mai were already a thing, anyway

So I don't care at all.
Old 2022-12-20, 19:45   Link #1418
n0m@n
C-Z

It was a great chapter.
Nostalgic due to a reminding me of the beginning of Buu saga when Gohan enrolled in high school.
DBS Super Hero portrayed as if Trunks and Goten cant turn into SS but this chapter showed at least Trunks can transform.
And Dr Hedo already made his appearance!
Hopefully Trunks and Goten dont lose their protagonist status for this arc unlike Gohan in the original manga.
Old 2022-12-20, 21:06   Link #1419
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Trunks pinning for a girl who is mentally like 40 years older than him can be seen as odd but:
That's not weird, period.
Plenty of kids have had celebrity crushes or crushes on their teachers if they were attractive.

The question is what the adult is doing to the underage child. It'd be weird if Mai was crushing on present Trunks, but that doesn't look to be the case.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-21, 08:03   Link #1420
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
It was a great chapter.
Nostalgic due to a reminding me of the beginning of Buu saga when Gohan enrolled in high school.
DBS Super Hero portrayed as if Trunks and Goten cant turn into SS but this chapter showed at least Trunks can transform.
And Dr Hedo already made his appearance!
Hopefully Trunks and Goten dont lose their protagonist status for this arc unlike Gohan in the original manga.
After watching the movie, I thought it was obvious the reason Gotenks couldn't turn SSJ was because the fusion failed. I'm sure Goten can turn SSJ too, and I'm in fact rather curious to see what his hair will look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's not weird, period.
Plenty of kids have had celebrity crushes or crushes on their teachers if they were attractive.

The question is what the adult is doing to the underage child. It'd be weird if Mai was crushing on present Trunks, but that doesn't look to be the case.
You're right, yet I keep hearing how creepy it is that Trunks is crushing on a woman old enough to be his grandma. Trunks doesn't even have any idea how old Mai is. As far as he's concerned, they're around the same age.

That said, they seem meant to end up together anyway, the question is whether Mai will wait until Trunks is an adult.

Tags
donkan mc