Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-05-11, 18:21   Link #761
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Isn't Aqua playing Ryoske, not Kamiki? Also, Aquas full name is also not in kana, just that unlike Ruby he also shortened it for his stage name.
They said he was playing "the culprit". In his mind, the culprit has always been Kamiki. If he's playing the stalker that would leave Taiki to play Kamiki which would still be incest anyway (just without Ruby knowing).
Old 2023-05-11, 18:38   Link #762
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, it's written 瑠美衣. The "Ruby" in katakana is her stage name/nickname. You can look it up on the wiki.
That's Ruby's given birth name, just like Aquamarine 愛久愛海 is Aqua's given birth name.
Japanese birth names are generally written in full kanji, and we've only seen Ruby and Aqua's birth to know their kanji names.

For public purposes they generally stick to katakana or hiragana so that it's easier for other people to read.

Quote:
One night stand still implies getting intimate. And they can't just COMPLETELY imply it.
With a timeskip, sure they can. No way they're going to include a sex scene in a movie if they want to be mainstream anyway, and if they want to demonize Kamiki then I doubt they're going to include anything that makes him look good.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-05-12 at 10:14.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-12, 12:38   Link #763
Twi

Quote:
They said he was playing "the culprit". In his mind, the culprit has always been Kamiki. If he's playing the stalker that would leave Taiki to play Kamiki which would still be incest anyway (just without Ruby knowing).
Ohh, he still hasn't told her about that. I mean, Taiki would know since he knows Aqua is his half-brother, but...

That's going to be real awkward.
Old 2023-05-12, 18:21   Link #764
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Ohh, he still hasn't told her about that. I mean, Taiki would know since he knows Aqua is his half-brother, but...

That's going to be real awkward.
Aqua never tells Ruby anything. At all. If not for the crow loli she'd still be completely clueless.
Old 2023-05-15, 17:13   Link #765
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is huge...

Spoiler for 118:
Old 2023-05-17, 12:17   Link #766
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Both twists can lead to something big but it is hard to say yet what would it be.

Spoiler for plot:
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-17, 16:01   Link #767
GDB

Spoiler for 118:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-17, 16:31   Link #768
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter's officially out so no need for spoiler tags anymore.

It looks like we're going to learn more about Ai. I'm guessing that stuff about her mom isn't made-up but extrapolated from things she said in Gotanda's documentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for 118:
All I know is that she's a sadist. She really enjoyed twisting the knife in this chapter.

As a side note, I watched the latest anime episode and it's so weird to see how meek and vulnerable Akane was (even before the cyberbullying thing) in her introductory arc compared to how she is now. Anime onlies have no idea what's awaiting them, I hope they make the scene where she researches Ai even more creepy than the manga.
Old 2023-05-17, 16:33   Link #769
GDB

I always felt it was odd how she went from being portrayed here to how she gets compared to Kana later. It felt like they intended a large time skip or something but didn't do it.
Old 2023-05-17, 18:32   Link #770
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I always felt it was odd how she went from being portrayed here to how she gets compared to Kana later. It felt like they intended a large time skip or something but didn't do it.
She still is Kana's opposite. Everything that has happened to her has a parallel with Akane.

Akane nearly fell apart from her scandal and had to adopt Ai's persona to get over it. Kana emotionally got over hers on her own.
Akane is obsessive and proactive when it comes to Aqua, but Kana kept her distance.

Akane practices the Stanislavski Method, where she analyzes the character to become that role, while Kana practices the Meisner technique, focusing on improvisation and emotion.
Old 2023-05-18, 02:25   Link #771
Sixth
Hu Tao

Am I wrong to think that kind of movie they made will flop big time if it is in our world?

Aqua knew Crow Girl all these times are definitely a big twist to me.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-18, 03:23   Link #772
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Am I wrong to think that kind of movie they made will flop big time if it is in our world?
Probably would turn out similarly well to the Freddie Mercury or Elvis movies that have come out in recent years. Except this one is telling untold history and such, so it'd probably do much better.
Old 2023-05-18, 11:45   Link #773
Shadow5YA

Seems like the crow girl is set on keeping them hellbent on going after Kamiki. 

Even if they tried to move on or if they lose Kamiki's trail then I feel like the crow girl would lead them back to him anyway. It doesn't look like they'll have any chance of failing to me.
Old 2023-05-20, 11:19   Link #774
GDB

Rereading some chapters, and I noticed two things:

1) A crow appears when Ruby is at Ai's grave just as her father arrives
2) When they arrive in Miyazaki, they talk about the god of the arts (songs and entertainment specifically) that the town worships. Aqua says its name is Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto, she's worshiped at the Aratate Shrine, and he "knows it very well".

For the second point, I think most assumed he was talking about the fact he lived and worked in the area, but now that we know he'd been in contact with crow-girl (likely Ame no Uzume), that could be what he was referring to.
Old 2023-05-20, 18:49   Link #775
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Rereading some chapters, and I noticed two things:

1) A crow appears when Ruby is at Ai's grave just as her father arrives
2) When they arrive in Miyazaki, they talk about the god of the arts (songs and entertainment specifically) that the town worships. Aqua says its name is Ame-no-Uzume-no-Mikoto, she's worshiped at the Aratate Shrine, and he "knows it very well".

For the second point, I think most assumed he was talking about the fact he lived and worked in the area, but now that we know he'd been in contact with crow-girl (likely Ame no Uzume), that could be what he was referring to.
Nice find. That would make sense. I really wonder how much unfolded off-screen. He may have been in contact with her since his childhood for all we know. She appeared before Ruby after Aqua had deluded himself into thinking his revenge was over.
Old 2023-05-24, 10:57   Link #776
Twi

Manga updated. People's reaction to the events have been... a bit visceral, but I think I'll wait for more context before declaring Aqua needs to add to his kill-list.
Old 2023-05-24, 11:16   Link #777
Shadow5YA

I'm curious what Kana will make of Ruby's expression. She doesn't know about Sarina's past life I wonder if she'll misinterpret it as Ai neglecting Ruby instead.
Old 2023-05-24, 11:31   Link #778
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm curious what Kana will make of Ruby's expression. She doesn't know about Sarina's past life I wonder if she'll misinterpret it as Ai neglecting Ruby instead.
Without context, Kana would draw the opposite conclusion. That Ruby was loved so much by Ai that she can't understand the idea that a mother could neglect / not love her children.

The problem here is that Sarina lied to herself, convincing herself that her mother loved her, even though she knew this wasn't the case. She lied to herself because if she admitted that her mother didn't love her, her heart would have broken and she couldn't keep on living.

Now Ruby is having problems moving on from that lie. The script requires her to cast Ai's mother away, to admit that she never loved Ai, and Ruby can't do that, because that would be the same as admitted that Sarina's mother never loved her.

I bet the resolution of this conflict will be Ruby meeting Sarina's mother and realizing she's a major peace of shit. Confronted with this reality, Ruby won't be able to keep her lie, and will have to come to terms with the fact she was never loved, just like Ai (supposedly) did.

From what Kana says, Ai coming to terms with the fact her mother never loved her allowed Ai to move on. I wonder if that's how Ai really felt or if it's just Gotanda and Aqua's interpretation.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-05-24 at 11:41.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-24, 11:47   Link #779
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Without context, Kana would draw the opposite conclusion. That Ruby was loved so much by Ai that she can't understand the idea that a mother could neglect / not love her children.

The problem here is that Sarina lied to herself, convincing herself that her mother loved her, even though she knew this wasn't the case. She lied to herself because if she admitted that her mother didn't love her, her heart would have broken and she couldn't keep on living.
Kana picked up on the desperation and denial. What if Kana thinks Ruby is forcing herself to believe that Ai loved her but really didn't?
Old 2023-05-24, 11:51   Link #780
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Kana picked up on the desperation and denial. What if Kana thinks Ruby is forcing herself to believe that Ai loved her but really didn't?
That seems a little convoluted for Kana. If it was a Akane, I would agree that she could draw such a conclusion. But Kana, I doubt it.

Besides, I don't think the story is gonna waste time in petty misunderstandings with Kana when we have Sarina's mother here to play with. If there's something that can help Ruby get over this, it's meeting that woman. It has to happen.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy