AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-25, 09:27   Link #1401
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Miorine seems to be bidding her time until the SAL investigation catch Prospera, but I get the feeling that investigation will damage the Benerit Group as whole instead since that's what the SAL higher ups are after. In fact, Prospera might have plenty of dirt to trade so they can go after bigger fishes in the company.

I think a small scale version of Quiet Zero will be used on Earth personally (the Delling version to control conflict). Prospera seems to loves testing her tech when the occasion arise.
I wonder if Prospera is going to try and frame Miorine for whatever mess Quiet Zero causes?

Actually it would be kind of funny if this time Suletta is the one having to get Miorine out of jail .
Old 2023-05-25, 09:31   Link #1402
Key Board
Carbon

One possible scenario is the tech for Aerial is intentionally leaked and becomes widespread. Than peace relies on everyone avoiding mutually assured destruction. At least for a while. Eventually it becomes catastrophic and all Permet derived tech in banned.

Another is Aerial gets destroyed/sealed at the end, because its existence is too much of a game changer. Things go back to status quo with someone more moderate at the head of what's left of Benerit Group. Than in a few years some other faction becomes dominant. ... and they try to recreate something like Aerial.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 12:27   Link #1403
azarhal

I rewatched the (r)ejection scene again (yes, I'm a masochist) and Aerial is glowing blue (score 6) at the time, but in the data storm everyone has lost their permet markings which means not filtering, yet Suletta remains unmarked.

Looks like Suletta only gets data stormed by the forced memory upload/unlock and whatever happened when Eri died (which didn't hurt her baby self).

I think permet markings on the pilot doesn't mean the same as on the MS:
- red = download
- blue = upload (in the prologue Eri was blue, but the Lfrith was running at score 3 and under since Antitode worked on it)
- white = 100% synched to the storm (Eri was white at her physical death)
- purple = ? (Sophie's death)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I wonder if Prospera is going to try and frame Miorine for whatever mess Quiet Zero causes?
Prospera needs Miorine to win the presidency, so whatever she planned needs to be a success from the Benerit Group point-of-view. Earthians might not like it at all thought...

I'm also musing the idea that something* might happen to Suletta next episode and Eri learns about which cause a (legit) Heroic BSOD causing Guel/Miorine/Prospera/Aerial to be captured by DOF.

*realistically, she needs to at least attempt to kill herself. Whatever it is like Guel and she stop eating or in a more active way, that's where she should be at mentally after Eri's little speech.

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-05-25 at 12:57.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 12:37   Link #1404
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I rewatched the (r)ejection scene again (yes, I'm a masochist) and Aerial is glowing blue (score 6) at the time, but in the data storm everyone has lost their permet markings which means not filtering, yet Suletta remains unmarked.

Looks like Suletta only gets data stormed by the forced memory upload/unlock and whatever happened when Eri died (which didn't hurt her).

I think permet markings on the pilot doesn't mean the same as on the MS:
- red = download
- blue = upload (in the prologue Eri was blue, but the Lfrith was running at score 3 and under since Antitode worked on it)
- white = 100% synched to the storm (Eri was white at her physical death)
- purple = ? (Sophie's death)
Perhaps purple is deletion?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 13:04   Link #1405
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I took Purple to be.... Red + Blue. She was boosting her permet score to dangerous levels... and then Aerial took control of her/her gundam. Simple color combination as she was being hit by both effects at once.
Old 2023-05-28, 05:05   Link #1406
Key Board
Carbon

Ep 19

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2023-05-28, 05:20   Link #1407
Kazu-kun

Holy shit, Miorine's dumber than a rock. I don't know how it never occurred to her that Prospera wasn't gonna play by her rules. And Prospera was pretty upfront about seeking revenge too. Mio should have seen this coming from miles away. It's so silly how she thinks she's smart but gets blindsided by the most obvious shit.

Anyway, if Mio does win the election, I sure hope she's not stupid enough to think activating Quiet Zero is a good idea.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2023-05-28 at 06:09.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 05:36   Link #1408
Key Board
Carbon

Prospera's secret power is making you go along with her plan even though every neuron in your brain is doubting her (see: belmeria, Miorine)

I wonder if she'll cut a deal with Shaddiq next, actually
he's nowhere near ready to deal with her either, and it might be hilarious to see

//
Old 2023-05-28, 05:44   Link #1409
n0m@n
C-Z

I'm enjoying this series more than I thought I would.
I'm getting gobsmacked every Sunday night.
I guess Prospera is the final villain of this series then?
It will be interesting to see the main "Gundam" being the final boss of a series.
Old 2023-05-28, 06:31   Link #1410
Key Board
Carbon

Aerial is broken and Aerial with Gundnode support is meant to trigger the Gwitch version of the third impact

So yeah. It does seem like Aerial is the final raid boss unless Prospera moves Aerial’s core to another mobile suit

it does make me wonder what will be Suletta ‘s interim ride is. Maybe she’ll gundamjack thr Schwarzette after all? Guel already has the Daribalde if he wants to settle a score with Shaddiq

//
Old 2023-05-28, 06:35   Link #1411
azarhal

OMG!

SAL higher ups are behind the Thorn and Ur! Which probably means Shaddiq works for them too? Since he said Prospera was into us?

Grassley orphanage does reeducation. And Sarius that looked to be the less shitty corpo around. As a note, looks like Dominicus knows a lots of stuff, since Avery knew Prince was Shaddiq's nickname.
Ge
Mommy Char doesn't like people who gets in the way of Eri's future. So she must BTFO SAL gundams, which cause the delegation and protestors to attack each others. Which result in Euphemia 2.0...if Euphemia didn't know, wasn't controlled and didn't give the order to attack.

Godoy killed Feng, who actually wasn't in her higher up plans. One less good guy.

What's going on with the completed Schwarzette? It can't have been more than a day since the last episode. Martin never returned to the dorm. Also, it looks like it's at the school. More Prospera back-up plans....?

Guel going back to the school and knows where to find Sarius (and by default the trio, unless Sabina is moving them since Shaddiq called them back). But Shaddiq is pissed at Guel now accusing him of "defiling Miorine". And people thought Suletta was the biggest simp.

Gearing for Mommy/Arial vs Suletta in a ep or two.

edit: Now I wonder why anyone would leave Suletta alone. They know she is Prospera's daughter.

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-05-28 at 06:49.
Old 2023-05-28, 06:48   Link #1412
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Holy shit, Miorine's dumber than a rock. I don't know how it never occurred to her that Prospera wasn't gonna play by her rules. And Prospera was pretty upfront about seeking revenge too. Mio should have seen this coming from miles away. It's so silly how she thinks she's smart but gets blindsided by the most obvious shit.
To be fair, Mio did this to sway Benerit voters to win the election. And she needs to win the election to be president. And she needs to be president as per Prospera's own request. So, of course Mio didn't expect Prospera to sabotage her own request to her So...does Prospera want Mio to be president or not at this point?

Quote:
OMG!

SAL higher ups are behind the Thorn and Ur! Which probably means Shaddiq works for them too? Since he said Prospera was into us?
Now my question is: Did all SAL higher-ups secretly back Ochs Earth or just a select few? After all, Feng Jun tried to uncover the Gundams and their relation to SAL. So, does Jun work alone or some higher-up from SAL backed her?
Old 2023-05-28, 06:59   Link #1413
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
To be fair, Mio did this to sway Benerit voters to win the election. And she needs to win the election to be president. And she needs to be president as per Prospera's own request. So, of course Mio didn't expect Prospera to sabotage her own request to her So...does Prospera want Mio to be president or not at this point?
Anyone with more than two brain cells would know to not take Prospera as face value. Mio's just dumb.
Old 2023-05-28, 07:08   Link #1414
azarhal

Quote:
Now my question is: Did all SAL higher-ups secretly backed Ochs Earth or just a select few? After all, Feng Jun tried to uncover the Gundams and their relation to SAL. So, does Jun work alone or some higher-up from SAL backed her?
This episode made it sound like Feng was trying to unfold a conspiracy inside her own organization. So nobody from SAL backing her up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Delling might have tipped her off thought, it re-contextualize her interactions in episode 2 (cour 1) .

While we all thought this was a Prospera vs Delling series, it turned into Prospera vs Shaddiq/SAL with Benerit in the cross fire.

Also, can we blame Prospera for the powerkeg exploding? She only had one dude fire a rocket at Aerial so she could leave the area to do her real objective. You could hear the comm telling the units to stop firing too.

And with all this, we still don't know who is Godoy.
Old 2023-05-28, 07:37   Link #1415
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I love how people came up with all those theories about Secelia last week and the only thing she ended up doing was blackmail Martin into being her slave. Pretty tame stuff she had him do too, doing the toe nails of a pretty girl would even be considered a reward for some people...
In the end it feels like she wanted to teach him a lesson. Don't rat out your friends when you don't even know their motives.

I have to say Suletta is a lot more resilient than I would have ever expected. It's not like she's fully recovered but she got back on her feet pretty fast. The members of the Earth house being good friends to her helped. And now she has understood Eri's motives, which may be give her an incentive to stop her mother. To me, it feels like Eri is forced to obey Prospera rather than actually agreeing with her.

I could see Norea and El5n ending up together if they both survive, which is of course very unlikely.

Prospera was just being Prospera. I don't think she intended for it to turn into a bloodbath so much as she doesn't care about the collateral damage as long as she can accomplish her goal. Ended up screwing Miorine over, but ironically she is much more likely to be elected now. Miorine is so out of her depth it's not even funny. I think she needs Suletta more than Suletta needs her. Was even re watching her video... she has it bad.
Old 2023-05-28, 07:37   Link #1416
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Anyone with more than two brain cells would know to not take Prospera as face value. Mio's just dumb.
If, after this incident, Prospera still wants Mio to be the president to help with the Quiet Zero project then she just did such a weird act to support it 😕

If, after this incident, she doesn't need Mio anymore & her Quiet Zero is revealed to be already complete then I guess she did a job well done destroying all those Lfriths after a free ride from Benerit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
This episode made it sound like Feng was trying to unfold a conspiracy inside her own organization. So nobody from SAL backing her up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Delling might have tipped her off thought, it re-contextualize her interactions in episode 2 (cour 1) .
Feng Jun has her male partner after all so...is this The X Files all over again? Here's hoping she has more network behind her. Not just her & "Agent Mulder".
Old 2023-05-28, 07:51   Link #1417
azarhal

I just realized that Suletta lied to Earth House and told them she made up with Miorine since Lilique mentioned it.

Which means, it is possible that even before last ep direct info dump, Suletta might have been lying/hiding things.

On another subject, I find it interesting that Prospera refers to Norea and Sophie has codenames. I get the feeling we might get some more twisted revelations about SAL/Ochs Earth/DoF in the coming episodes.
Old 2023-05-28, 08:11   Link #1418
quagmire

Now who in SAL is running the Och’s Earth backing?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 08:17   Link #1419
ryllharu

I think there's still a mystery to exactly what Elnora's revenge plan entails.

Is it that Ochs Earth never got disbanded or destroyed along with Vanadis during the Prologue, they got folded into the Space Assembly League under the noses of Cathedra and Benerit?

This episode felt more like Elnora is hellbent on ending the "corruption" that twisted the Vanadis Institute's vision (in line with what Miorine intended to sway the Earth Governments with), and nearly succeeded until Elnora launched her very telegraphed betrayal.

But Quiet Zero is still the cornerstone to the plan, so she needs Miorine to win the election yet.

Very confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I love how people came up with all those theories about Secelia last week and the only thing she ended up doing was blackmail Martin into being her slave. Pretty tame stuff she had him do too, doing the toe nails of a pretty girl would even be considered a reward for some people...
In the end it feels like she wanted to teach him a lesson. Don't rat out your friends when you don't even know their motives.
Yes, Secelia treated Martin exactly the way Martin would expect her to, she toyed with him and had him painting her nails, but that's not how the scene ended, now did it?

She continued to press and push him until she finally got an honest response out of him and switched her tone immediately with the, "Am I wrong?" line. It's much softer than the way she normally speaks. Even as she shoved the lollypop in his mouth, she's speaking differently and with a very empathetic expression.

Her bitch behavior up until now has been some degree of an act. She gave him legitimate counseling.

I'll be disappointed for sure if this is the end of her purpose in the narrative, but I still suspect that it isn't.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 08:24   Link #1420
chaosprophet

Quote:
Yeah, Mio didn't even personally care about being President, she is just doing it for her deal with Prospera. It was during this ep that she actually felt like she wanted to become it after the negotiations and based on the ideals of the Gundam Inc company. But just when she started to care, Prospera did her next move.

On making Miorine the president, as Elan said, for the beneritt group, this show of force is even more effecting than negotiations. So prospera actions did actually help mio become the president. Albeit the main reason she did it seems to be, most of all, revenge for them to getting in the way of her plans back on the attack at plant quetta (which equals getting in the way of Eri's happiness in her head). Had the attack not happen, there would be no need for all this president electing and all.