AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-07-02, 10:22   Link #12201
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Who would want to watch a film about Shinn?

He's probably the worst Gundam MC ever, he sucked so much his show got hijacked by Kira. Not to mention that Kira himself is the most popular Gundam MC, the movie was always going to be about him.

I hope Athrun will also have screentime and patch things up with Cagalli because almost 20 years later and I'm still mad at what Destiny did to them.
Even Kenichi Suzumura, his VA, didn't like Shinn until Super Robot Wars .
Old 2023-07-02, 11:39   Link #12202
Blaat

I'm not sure what's more shocking this movie actually happening or brightman posting again.

Is it me or does Lacus' lips look really weird like her lower lip is really fat. It's a shame it's taking place in C.E. 75 I was hoping for a longer timeskip. Still looking forward to it.
Old 2023-07-02, 12:41   Link #12203
Twi

Edit: Someone else posted the movie trailer, never mind.
Old 2023-07-02, 12:54   Link #12204
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Is it me or does Lacus' lips look really weird like her lower lip is really fat. It's a shame it's taking place in C.E. 75 I was hoping for a longer timeskip. Still looking forward to it.
Not just you. I also found Lacus's lips very weird looking. Maybe a coloring error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I hope Athrun will also have screentime and patch things up with Cagalli because almost 20 years later and I'm still mad at what Destiny did to them.
Amen! I'm right there with you!
Old 2023-07-02, 13:06   Link #12205
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm not sure what's more shocking this movie actually happening or brightman posting again.
Hahaha felt like a long hibernation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Not just you. I also found Lacus's lips very weird looking. Maybe a coloring error?
It’s like that in the trailer… seems like she finally discovered lipstick.
Old 2023-07-02, 14:03   Link #12206
justavisitor

welcome back brightman!!

lol so much for the rumors about shinn redemption arc...well the reality is kira is much more popular

The title says freedom to resist...lol so I guess kira will continue to interrupt the fight whenever and wherever he wants.

I really want Kira to downgrade to the original freedom so he will have a uphill battle to whoever the boss will be. I think it will be much more attractive story wise, but toy department will disapprove this idea for sure XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-03, 03:13   Link #12207
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
lol so much for the rumors about shinn redemption arc...well the reality is kira is much more popular
Shinn was a shit stain. The less we see him the better.

Quote:
The title says freedom to resist...lol so I guess kira will continue to interrupt the fight whenever and wherever he wants.
Kira is a ZAFT commander now. I assume he has responsibility & boundary that comes with the rank.

Quote:
I really want Kira to downgrade to the original freedom so he will have a uphill battle to whoever the boss will be. I think it will be much more attractive story wise, but toy department will disapprove this idea for sure XD
Blame Shinn for destroying Kira's Freedom
Old 2023-07-03, 06:39   Link #12208
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

*nervous laughter* Eh, they changed the original Destiny titled in favor of Gundam SEED Freedom. That teaser kinda felt like the movie might be a personal story rather than another big war.
Old 2023-07-03, 06:50   Link #12209
B214

Final boss of the movie, Strike Gundam who's back after continuous getting trashed by Kira & Mu.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-03, 09:52   Link #12210
Frontier

I actually wonder if Kira's final Gundam is going to be called "Seed Freedom" .
Old 2023-07-03, 21:37   Link #12211
Key Board
Carbon

I have no idea what to expect

but I suspect it won't be boring

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-04, 06:26   Link #12212
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Seems the director broke silience in Eiga and Natalie websites:
*First of all, he apologized for the huge delay of the film
*The team behind the movie is a mix between old and new developers.
*The improvements of technology across the years will make notorious changes like more detailed facial expressions and more 3D
*Fukuda had already ideas for more Kira, Athrun and Shinn after Destiny ended.
*A bit of pressure with this movie due to the huge tv rating SEED and Destiny had when they aired in Japan.
Old 2023-07-04, 17:07   Link #12213
cyberdemon

Kira’s pilot suit is interesting. It doesn’t match any of the suits we’ve seen so far. I would’ve figured he’d have a ZAFT pilot suit considering the end of Destiny. Maybe something happened that drove him out. Anyone know the logo on the helmet? Kinda looks like celestial beings from 00 but the wings are a bit higher.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2023-07-04 at 17:34.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-09, 21:03   Link #12214
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Oh wow, this movie is finally coming out. Honestly the long delay will probably mean improvements for the animation and CGI compared to the era SEED and Destiny came out in. Can't wait.

I wonder how my old pal wingdarkness feels about this lol.
Old 2023-07-12, 20:36   Link #12215
justavisitor

well, it makes me think whether we will have updated animation scene on Nicole's slash or Rau getting stabbed XD. The probability isn't low
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 15:32   Link #12216
Mazryonh

Here's a couple analyses of the trailer in English on YouTube:

Enjoy!
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-22, 05:06   Link #12217
n0m@n
C-Z

Next 6 months would a long wait.
We only have a picture of new Freedom’s wing (tip only) and rail gun (also tip only) from the first movie ticket card which is purchasable already.
We might get the whole body within few weeks time since there will be 5 pre advance movie ticket in total which would have different designs and will combine into 1 large design when you put them side to side.

First card has Kira and Lacus (with new Freedom’s wing and rail gun).
Spoiler for Kira and Lacus:

And here is the zoom in of the tip of new Freedom wing and rail gun/knee (tip only lol).
Spoiler for New freedom:

I have ordered all 5 cards since I will be going to Japan and watching it on January (day 1).
I will upload the pictures if the full image isn’t revealed by end of December (which will be the date when they ship the movie ticket cards to me).
Old 2023-07-27, 06:31   Link #12218
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Next 6 months would a long wait.
We only have a picture of new Freedom’s wing (tip only) and rail gun (also tip only) from the first movie ticket card which is purchasable already.
We might get the whole body within few weeks time since there will be 5 pre advance movie ticket in total which would have different designs and will combine into 1 large design when you put them side to side.

First card has Kira and Lacus (with new Freedom’s wing and rail gun).
Spoiler for Kira and Lacus:
They are gonna keep updating the Freedom? And I thought the Strike update from Destiny was unnecessary. I wish the change was just for the designer's desire appeal similar to how the Wing Gundam was updated in Endless Waltz. Guess we need to sell more gunpla
Old 2023-07-30, 03:08   Link #12219
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah, the movie will definitely sell lots of gunpla.
Though I'm still waiting for them to sell the Saviour, Abyss, Chaos, Gaia, and Legend in a 100 scale kit (either MG or FM).

The Gundam Ace Magazine which came out in 2021 included an interview with Fukuda. It was mentioned that Kunio Okawara had completed 80% of the MS design for the movie long time ago when sunrise announced the movie sequel for Seed Destiny in 2005ish.

In the same Gundam Ace Magazine Fukuda mentioned that there won't be too much new MS due to budget reason. Fukuda did say that Shinn would get a spotlight and would be using an "unexpected MS".

In 5chan I dont know where they got the source from but people are saying there are only 8 new MS coming out. So people there are guessing what kind of new mobile suits would appear.

The recent Gundam Ace did not have any new info about the upcoming movie. Though it did advertise that the next issue will include more info about it.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2023-07-30 at 03:24.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 03:48   Link #12220
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
https://www.gundam-seed.net/freedom/

Spoiler:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here we go
I haven't watched any anime in at least six years, but I hope I can watch this if it ever gets an English release.

I wonder if the voice actors will be the same (and if they will sound the same/similar). I can't believe it's been almost 20 years. Seeing this forum still up brings back some memories and also a pleasant surprise at where I find myself at this present stage of my life.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep