AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-13, 13:34   Link #101
grecefar

the suit it's a good idea, it's great that he kept it. It worked as we saw.

the zombie shark was cool but the feets were hilarious.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 17:41   Link #102
Strahan

I love that this show gives absolutely not a single damn about making any kind of sense, lol. That shark thing was silly as hell, but pretty funny. The fact that power is still on is also amusing. Boy, those people sure zombify fast. The girl on the bus turned in less than a minute.

Glad to see they are moving on to a new location. Should make it interesting. I'd be half tempted when the chick was like "well, I guess I can give you my contact info now" to just be like "nah, changed my mind. Don't want it, we're leaving town anyway" since she's been a bit bitchy lol. It's like seriously... I saved your life, and you're still kinda brusque with me? Also you'd think miss preparedness would have went looking in the aquarium for another suit before leaving. I'd think that would be an invaluable thing to have. Maybe they did and there just weren't any others (shrug). If so, I think I'd be checking Google Maps for other aquariums and hitting them too.

What they said about going in the back of the aquarium is so true. If I had an anti-bite suit like that so I could be relatively safe, I'd so go nosing around all the places you aren't supposed to be

Since he has the suit now, he needs some good melee weapons. My first thought was a shotgun, but A. noisy and B. requires replenishment. A good, solid wood bat would be handy. I'd say a sword so you could cut legs off to prevent further chasing, but if you haven't been trained in their use you could end up hurting yourself too heh. Maybe one of those long pitchforks like farmers use for hay; long reach to keep them at bay and with the tines maybe snag and twist to break legs. Dunno.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 17:57   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, that's the part I found retarded in the live action movie. There's being silly and then there's this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Glad to see they are moving on to a new location. Should make it interesting. I'd be half tempted when the chick was like "well, I guess I can give you my contact info now" to just be like "nah, changed my mind. Don't want it, we're leaving town anyway" since she's been a bit bitchy lol. It's like seriously... I saved your life, and you're still kinda brusque with me? Also you'd think miss preparedness would have went looking in the aquarium for another suit before leaving. I'd think that would be an invaluable thing to have. Maybe they did and there just weren't any others (shrug). If so, I think I'd be checking Google Maps for other aquariums and hitting them too.
Kencho mentioned there was only one suit. The suit is great, but feeling the bites is a major flaw. Actual chainmail would be more effective, but that's not something you'd find lying around.
Old 2023-08-14, 06:38   Link #104
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Maybe I'm weak to that type of female characters, but I enjoyed this episode far more than the previous. Akira finally shows more humanity and realism by caring about his family but insane theme of the story is still ongoing with the guy wanting to be a superhero fighting zombies in tokusatsu fashion. They keep making Kencho striptease for the most meaningless reason but I guess they gotta balance fanservice. Also, zombie shark....

EDIT: No episode next week due to timeslot airing some sports competition. Still, it seems the series is popular in Japanese television considering its rating made it next to Jujutsu Kaisen with both being ridiculously violent series sometimes

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-08-14 at 07:52.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-14, 12:37   Link #105
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Kencho mentioned there was only one suit. The suit is great, but feeling the bites is a major flaw. Actual chainmail would be more effective, but that's not something you'd find lying around.
The mention of chainmail suit reminds me a documentary from decades ago. An old lady dived into ocean with chainmail suit. They used a slice of beef(?) to attract a shark. The suit didn't break, but her hand has a long knife like cut.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-14, 13:42   Link #106
HandofFate

loved this episode. The girl being so blunt and attempting to be pragmatic just makes the moments where she blushed at the end so much better, lol.
Old 2023-08-14, 20:42   Link #107
Strahan

Quote:
True, but then, I'd rather deal with excruciating pain than actually get infected
Old 2023-08-23, 06:36   Link #108
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So I watched the liveaction. At first I liked it but then I noticed several big differences.

Spoiler for content:
Old 2023-08-23, 07:01   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

More delays announced. I'm dropping this, not worth it.
Old 2023-08-23, 12:01   Link #110
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's shame about it. I actually got into friendly talks with people when describing the premise that led to the discovery that it's quite popular in adults who I work with. Especially, since the series actually made it to the timeslot rating once competing with none other than Jujutsu Kaisen season 2.
Old 2023-08-24, 11:42   Link #111
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So I started reading the manga.... it seems Shizuka is the biggest victim of character assassination when the the series is adapted. She is really emotive and adorkable with Akira already in the beginning. The anime made her gloomy but at least it's trying to keep the crush she has on the guy the in the last episode just like the manga. Liveaction Shizuka.... Don't watch her.
Old 2023-08-27, 13:59   Link #112
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
More delays announced. I'm dropping this, not worth it.
Yeah, apparently they don't even know when ep10~ will be released. Man, don't think this anime should be complaining about overworking. Can't even deliver the work.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-27, 21:15   Link #113
Strahan

I usually try not to read the manga for an anime that is currently airing, as I like to not know what's coming, but with the delays I said screw it and went ahead and read up. Too frustrating to have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
So I started reading the manga.... it seems Shizuka is the biggest victim of character assassination when the the series is adapted. She is really emotive and adorkable with Akira already in the beginning. The anime made her gloomy but at least it's trying to keep the crush she has on the guy the in the last episode just like the manga. Liveaction Shizuka.... Don't watch her.
Now that I've read up, I'm curious by this; for as far as we've seen in the anime, it doesn't seem like Shizuka is handled all that differently. Other than changing it so she isn't an asshole who steals his bike, lol. She still seems standoffish either way, unless there is a scene I missed when I read it.
Old 2023-08-27, 23:32   Link #114
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.201692

Anyone noticed?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-28, 06:38   Link #115
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wow

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.201692
Old 2023-08-28, 10:57   Link #116
Frontier

I guess in a zombie apocalypse, no one will complain if you abscond with high-priced, fancy, watches and take pictures like you're a big shot .

Oh, I guess all it took was running low on water and the city blacking out for these two to finally take things seriously...not that Akira seems to want to, but at least they've got the stars totally unobscured to bask in. Which reminds Akira that it's high time he visits his parents back in Gunma, and no time like the present to do so .

Riding a bike is cool and all...but you really can't beat the vibe of an RV, right ?

Shizuka returns! It's like fate wants them to keep meeting, almost like she and Akira are in a romcom. Not that she wants anything to do with them, but she needs wheels and she doesn't have a license, so it seems like they're stuck with each other .

I love how Shizuka just watched 100 zombie movies for intellectual reasons but still denies being a fan of the genre .

Figures Shizuka is the only one being practical and safety-oriented while Akira and Kencho just gush over all the cool RV amenities they could have...but Shizuka has her own tastes too. Of course then the zombies show up and make their choice of RV for them .

Shizuka sciencing up the zombie outbreak and the possibility that people are working on a cure! Not sure if it'll have anything to do with this gang, but it's nice to think about .

Didn't expect the spike strip, or Akira's old chief turning up with his evil baseball team gang to basically forcibly recruit him into working with him again with Kencho's injuries severe enough that Akira doesn't have a choice. Even though Akira's still feeling the mental trauma and it's obvious Kosugi is still as bad as ever .

It looks like they've got a little community going in their truck stop, but it's clear that some people are being used as a put upon labor force while Kosugi and his elites get to relax while they're busting their butt for them. It's basically Akira's office all over again .

And as if to add insult to injury, Kosugi steals Akira's idea to treat his favorites and is using zombies as a labor force too (though I'm sure that won't end well). Akira has basically become a labor zombie again .

Seems like Shizuka has had her fair share of emotional abuse in her past. But hey, Smol Shizuka !
Old 2023-08-28, 19:14   Link #117
grecefar

the worst enemy in a zombie apocalypse is not the zombies, it's the humans themself.

scum will always survive the apocalypse but they will get what they deserve.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-28, 22:12   Link #118
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I did actually. It's by pure chance I happened to let ED and credits play for this episode.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-29, 06:39   Link #119
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
the worst enemy in a zombie apocalypse is not the zombies, it's the humans themself.

scum will always survive the apocalypse but they will get what they deserve.
Even the zombies are being exploited to work. Poor Kencho got the axe a lot while I suddenly found Akira relatable due to that fear involving jobs. Seems Shizuka also has something to share
Old 2023-08-31, 09:00   Link #120
zztop

Apparently Ep 7 will be delayed on streaming services due to production issues:
https://twitter.com/Zom100_anime_JP/...PpKqhZ5bA&s=19

Personally I think the biggest culprit for this happening is poor time scheduling on the part of the production/creative leadership who think they can pump out a masterpiece within a few months.

When ideally the production should have started like at least a year or more ago in advance so everything could be wrapped up in time for airing. Like how when Tsuburaya animated SSSS Gridman, their advance prep led to production wrapping up in the same month the anime started airing (and even then they regretfully said their original plan was to wrap up the previous month had it not been for delays on their end.)
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote