Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-22, 18:33   Link #41
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Teio did the thing! SHE DID THE THING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I did have a good laugh at the "Nice Boat" reference that flashed up on the street TV screen at the end of Duramente's interview. 2023 and people are making "Nice Boat" references, who'da thunk it?
that's hilarious.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-22, 21:41   Link #42
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Kitasan is really down after that race but good thing the people in the shopping district really knows how to pick her spirits up

Dia all really making her next move into the France race
Old 2023-11-22, 23:22   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do get Dia being hyped about chasing after future goals. Just got a big win and she's just on a roll. There's something to be said about never being satisfied. Of course that doesn't do much for the people that are still dealing with their defeats right next to that person.

Dia can be a bit tone deaf. She's been friends with Kitasan for years and couldn't read her at all? Even going to the point of inviting her to race in France...so she can beat her there too I guess . Again, a nice offer from a certain point of view.

In the end Dura ended up a bit more helpful. At least in terms of providing a good question. In the end Kita has been fairly aimless. The goal to win of course is there. But she doesn't have the same grand purpose that drives Dia or Dura.

Thanks to Teio and the market people Kita did manage to pick herself back up. It's not easy feeling aimless. In the end she doesn't need a grand purpose to change the world or anything like that. Just needs that warm place that cares about and supports her. She found what she was looking for. A mood and atmosphere created by her efforts.

And hey it was nice to get into Teio's head a bit after all she's been through. Still easily one of the most adorable characters in the franchise. Even for her things hardly went according to plan. But she still pulled through when it mattered and kept chasing the things she wanted for herself.
Old 2023-11-29, 19:42   Link #44
grecefar

adding salt at the wound with cheval was second, dia-chan had no chance.

funny, I didn't know that the races were showing real life races from before, so you can spoil yourself who is going to win next.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-29, 21:41   Link #45
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So a random trip to see the ocean before the big race but it was a fun trip they had playing paper, rock and scissors to decide how they got there

That train they got on in the end look like a fun ride threw the cherry blossoms
Old 2023-11-30, 00:04   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Good thing Kita is better at running than she is at rock/paper/scissors . Cute little trip. And certainly one of the better setups to a race this season has had. Actually put a lot of focus on it between the two main characters and let the race have its moments.

Nice focus from start to finish on how the characters were handling it and choosing their spots to make a move. Kit and Dia did their best out there and put forward some good running.

I want to give Cheval some props. She was right in there despite having no mystical fire effects going on around her . Even managed to score a very solid second place finish. Just kept running her race. She just didn't have the firepower to close the gap enough by the end. Not going to be that satisfying for her. But not bad. Even if she's basically invisible to her competitors (even the ones she finished ahead of ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
adding salt at the wound with cheval was second, dia-chan had no chance.

funny, I didn't know that the races were showing real life races from before, so you can spoil yourself who is going to win next.
I presumed that was the case. But since I know nothing about Japanese horse racing it's all surprises all the time . Though yeah you could totally spoil yourself. And I'm sure it's a different kind of show for those really into those races and that already know the history.
Old 2023-11-30, 11:25   Link #47
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Probably the best episode so far.

Not only the talk between Kita and Dia but also work poured into the race.
Looks like they experimented to make it even closer to camera work for IRL race, nice try, unfortunately some shots are a bit off due to CG and character clothes; Cheval Grand lack of aura doesn't help. Would be nice if Cheval express something, maybe grit her teeth and push harder when Dia shocked as Kita run even faster so that exhaustion looks even more awesome.

Old 2023-11-30, 22:42   Link #48
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The race itself wasn't really a roller coaster of emotions, but I still managed to tear up at the end. Let's go, Kitasan! Her "charge up" sequence before going all out on her final spurt was cool.
Old 2023-12-01, 09:38   Link #49
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-12-06, 15:15   Link #50
grecefar

to be honest I'm happy for crown but I didn't see that coming. There was foreshadowing with that girl who left the school but I didn't take it that seriously.

something is wrong with kitasan and it seems the trip to france will have to wait or won't happen anymore.
Old 2023-12-06, 21:41   Link #51
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got a nice festival and Gold Ship doing her own thing being a sheep while everyone else is a butler and then there Rice Shower in her Halloween costume
scaring El Condor Pasa

Cheval Grand still cant win and something is wrong with Kitasan after talking to the Trainer with that worried looks of his
Old 2023-12-06, 22:34   Link #52
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Great seeing El Condor Pasa again. She was one of my favs from S1.

This episode really gave me a false sense of security by starting with the school festival and ending with Kitasan losing the race.
Old 2023-12-06, 22:52   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I was hope that Cheval Grand would at least get her moment if Kitasan was basically doom flagging herself throughout the episode. But I guess this sort of result was bound to happen for her. She's been stressing out constantly about only finishing third and made her move way too fast. Ended up getting about as far from even third as she could get.

I'm not shocked that Kitasan fell short here. Nothing was more uneasy than having her talk about having run a lot. There's a few possibilities as to what went wrong. But we'd know exactly why if Trainer ever finished a darn sentence in this episode! He's literally Kitasan's trainer. If he's got concerns about her health, stamina, or having run too many races shouldn't he...bring it up to her specifically!? He trying to act cool by keeping it all to himself and leaving everyone in suspense?

Obviously Kitasan in the show has to follow the general career of Kitasan the horse. And obviously racehorse owners aren't always going to rest their horses as much as they should and might put them into races they really shouldn't. But it makes the Trainer in this episode look like an idiot if he expected something like this and still sent her out for this race anyways.
Old 2023-12-12, 20:00   Link #54
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

They're selling very large plushies of Satono and Kitasan. They're so freakin cute

https://spiritale.jp/shop/c/cdoqute/
Old 2023-12-13, 20:25   Link #55
grecefar

I thought that kitasan had some kind of illness but it was more simple than that and they somewhat adressed what happened to those girls that aren't running anymore.

and dia-chan lost pretty badly in france. Maybe she is past her prime too?
Old 2023-12-13, 21:01   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I'm glad they did delve into what was going on. Though funny that it took Gold Ship to be the one to just come out and say it. I get it. Obviously the Trainer didn't want to bring it up. Nothing like crushing someone's hopes by outright saying they are out of their prime.

So this is the wall they decided to put in place. Instead of a tragic injury...it's just an athlete leaving their prime and slowly deteriorating. Which yeah, that's fair enough for drama. Since it's even more difficult to overcome. There's that slight chance for Kita to find a second wind and remain competitive. But she might simply be done.

Her reaction at the end of the race let that sink in. She did win and gutted out a victory. But her biggest opponent was Satono Crown...who isn't exactly the greatest ever. Had to have really hit to feel her current limits and knowing that she just can't hit the level she used to have.

They didn't even have time to show Dia getting crushed over in France! I mean wow...she was utterly destroyed. I guess continually chasing greater heights and goals would eventually put her in a fight she couldn't win. While I didn't expect her to win...I didn't think it would be this bad. Good thing Kitasan didn't go. Finishing near the bottom of that race wouldn't have been worth it.
Old 2023-12-13, 21:46   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Kitasan it looks like she either she hit a very big wall or she pass her prime

What is with that store with getting all those bananas
Old 2023-12-14, 21:01   Link #58
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I must've missed the part where it showed Satono not doing so well in France. Where in the episode was that?
Old 2023-12-14, 21:44   Link #59
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I must've missed the part where it showed Satono not doing so well in France. Where in the episode was that?
it was showed in a news paper when kitasan started to train, it was only a second so it was an easy miss. Dia ended in 15th.
Old 2023-12-15, 02:34   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
It was about the 15 minute and 40 second mark. Just a quick look at the news article covering how Dia did. The picture really captured how crushed she must have felt .