AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-26, 12:41   Link #101
scififan

At last, she is doing a right job. She should be a superhero bodyguard, not an assassin.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 17:16   Link #102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spy X Family Season 2.

CODE XII: The Symphony Upon the Ship

Author's note: An assassin with a heart of gold pursues something above money and love for the country. The true professional excels more than just posessing strategic, combat skills, a clear & analytical mind, and aloof disposition powered-up by an iron will.

The assassin is more than just an orchestrator and entombers of corpses raining on the stage while the coworker is busy helping cleaning out the mess. It is more than just a beautiful, choreographic spectacle of dazzling knives, swishing swords, rain of bullets, and brute force disguised and silenced in the midst of a display of colorful fireworks.

The professional makes the choice to kill in order to protect the innocent smiles of those who cannot defend themselves against the cruelty of the world and those craving hunger to oppress the innocent.

An assassin rises from the tribulations and the banalities of the world to tame the chaos that lies within the heart and keeps on piling upon piling mountain of corpses to ensure that those innocent smiles won't be silenced.

The professional with a heart of gold will ensure that dinner is served so that the deed be acknowledged and praised by the innocent.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 17:45   Link #103
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wow, the fireworks setpiece was animated so well. They looked almost real at times with the residual smoke effects.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-27, 17:46   Link #104
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've wondered if there are sub-contracting studios that have a specialty in fireworks. Fireworks scenes appear fairly frequently, and you'd imagine there's a competitive drive to outdo other companies' work.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-27, 19:17   Link #105
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I've wondered if there are sub-contracting studios that have a specialty in fireworks. Fireworks scenes appear fairly frequently, and you'd imagine there's a competitive drive to outdo other companies' work.
This was easily the best display of it I've seen in recent memory for TV anime.
Old 2023-11-27, 21:50   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This definitely tackled Yor's dilemma directly. How should she be living her life now and what is she even fighting for? And I think she can solidify herself with this rationalization. It's just the only way she knows to try and make life a little safer and peaceful for those she cares about. Cleaning up the mess so that less unreasonable horrors can be visited on good people.

And I appreciate that she feels like Loid could accept that. Embracing the words he said a long time ago before that fake marriage got rolling. Of course things are far more complicated than Yor could ever imagine with her and Loid's true careers. But I think on some level it still works. Because both she and Loid are pushing themselves through difficult jobs for at their core similar reasons. Obviously Loid's organization isn't exactly aligned with Yor's organization. But their emotional motives as people feel aligned.

The fighting was great and had plenty of impact. Yor and the Director doing a pretty great job out there. Showing some great fights, but also balancing it out with some pure comedy. Those poor killers not even getting to fully show off their skills or introduce themselves before getting obliterated.

Unfortunately for all of them they are up against a pure beast. And the only reason they have survived this long is because Yor was struggling with her inner conflict. With that shaken off...she's going to be terrifying.

Honestly it was great though to finally get to see Yor in her element. The series has had way too little of it. So I'm going to embrace this utter treasure while we have it! Just purely fun seeing Yor just rip into these guys and shake off absolutely deadly attacks.

And hey. Props to Zeb. He protected the woman he cares about. Even if he found the strength...to complain about how it hurt after .

Fireworks were nice .
Old 2023-12-02, 12:00   Link #107
Frontier

Is there anything more hardcore than Yor fighting a guy with a katana bare-handed? And that's before the insert song kicks in !

Anya in true Anya fashion totally forgot about trying to help her mom becuase she got too caught up in the fireworks...but there's no time for that, there's a bomb on the ship! And Loid is probably the best trained to defuse it! So Anya will just check herself into day care to free him up! And for once she didn't get completely distracted by playing in the daycare .

Anya's mama needs her stabby thing! That means it'll take all of Anya's throwing ability to get it to her...RISING HOPE!!!! Which is also funny because that was the first OP to The Irregular at Magic High School where Saori Hayami (Yor) played Miyuki .

I love how Anya's throw managed to slip up one guy who shot another guy and the stabby thing ended up in that guys' butt for Yor to grab. It always comes back to butts this season .

It's ex-navy man Loid! Actually compared to his other disguises this one looks the most like him in a more rugged and built kind of way. I think that's even still Eguchi doing the voice .

Yor ended the fight in a single stroke! As befitting her decisive and efficient style. And the director gets one last shot in to ward off the glasses assassin with the good nose .

It always comes back to trying to start a war again to make trouble or money, huh ?

Thank you incognito Anya! With her help Loid is able to find the last bomb, and what better way to chuck it than right where the remaining bad guys are so they get blown away and become shark chow? All it cost them was an antique clock .

Respect to the daycare lady for probably wandering across the entire ship looking for Anya .

Olka, Zeb, and the baby are no free to live new lives in peace, and that was peace brought to them through Yor's efforts. She fought so they could live, and Olka is eternally grateful. She only wishes that Yor can someday find the same with her own family .

The director is as dispassionate as ever, but even he thinks Yor deserves some time to spend with her family for all her hard work .

A bit of a bummer we won't get to see Yor in a swimsuit, but she probably does need to hide that chest wound .

Ha! Loid thinks he's casting aside his family too much during missions, he can't help himself from thinking of a family man even when it contradicts his Twilight identity. And what better dad moment than by catching his daughter as she falls from her bunk after a well-earned sleep !

It's a new dawn for the Forger Family! And now it's high time they get to enjoy their vacation together .
Old 2023-12-02, 13:13   Link #108
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This arc proved that Anya is the true Eminence in Shadow this season. She was going all out this episode running around the ship getting shit done.
Old 2023-12-02, 16:01   Link #109
grecefar

Mission completed. Everything went according anya's plan, too easy for her.

Now, to enjoy a forger family chapter next.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-02, 19:35   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
This arc proved that Anya is the true Eminence in Shadow this season. She was going all out this episode running around the ship getting shit done.
It's nothing new, she was doing the same in the first season, mostly notably during the Bond arc. If she didn't have very understandable abandonment issues and was willing to share her secret with Loid, she could accomplish even greater things. Regardless, for someone her age she's doing extremely well handling all this spy and assassin business.
Old 2023-12-02, 20:55   Link #111
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's nothing new, she was doing the same in the first season, mostly notably during the Bond arc. If she didn't have very understandable abandonment issues and was willing to share her secret with Loid, she could accomplish even greater things. Regardless, for someone her age she's doing extremely well handling all this spy and assassin business.
That's assuming Loid doesn't report her to his superiors and gets ordered by the upper chain of command to hand her over...
Old 2023-12-03, 07:30   Link #112
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
That's assuming Loid doesn't report her to his superiors and gets ordered by the upper chain of command to hand her over...
I don't think he would do that, but this possibility is part of the reason Anya is keeping her abilities a secret.
Old 2023-12-03, 08:07   Link #113
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
She will never share her secrets. The burden is too great to bear.
Old 2023-12-03, 15:31   Link #114
Frontier

Quote:
I don't think he would do that, but this possibility is part of the reason Anya is keeping her abilities a secret.
I think maybe if it was Loid from episode one he might be tempted...but now? Nah.
Old 2023-12-03, 15:38   Link #115
Decel

But it's a non-zero risk.

Loid's default mode is to follow orders. Loid and Yor's devotion to their respective causes coupled with Anya's fight for survival, for which she experienced previous setbacks, makes the non-disclosure dynamics a reasonably believable premise.
Old 2023-12-03, 16:31   Link #116
AC-Phoenix
Detective

And now the question for everyone who has ever seen a woman with broken heels:
Where the heck does your get her heels from? And what are they made of?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-03, 21:29   Link #117
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
And now the question for everyone who has ever seen a woman with broken heels:
Where the heck does your get her heels from? And what are they made of?
I'm guessing she gets them custom made.
Old 2023-12-04, 00:16   Link #118
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm guessing she gets them custom made.
I'm extremely sure most of her Thorn Princess getups are custom-made.

On the question before this: I'd have to admit my view on A'nya is affected to some degree by my memory of Haruka of Kotoura-san, and pretty much sees her motive for most things in the series is to avoid Haruka's fate before meeting Manabe, i.e. having the telepathy-driven drama extended for a significantly longer period.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-05, 09:50   Link #119
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I really like the dynamic this arc had which reminded me of one of my funniest comedies action series: Full Metal Panic! What worries is that if the characters are gonna be benefitted of everything that happened. I mean it's common for comedies to stay to the status quo rather than developing them.
Old 2023-12-05, 12:26   Link #120
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
She will never share her secrets. The burden is too great to bear.
Quote:
To be fair before what happens in episode 1. of the series Spy X Family Anya probably lost her parents and escaped from being a lab rat she has very good reasons to be scared about what could happen to her if she tells anyone about her power. Not to mention that (probably) one (or maybe more than this) of the involved who made her a lab rat is the father of one of her friends.
TURI123456 is online now   Reply With Quote