AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-29, 06:53   Link #101
AC-Phoenix
Detective

What is it with all the out of context "His parents died so he is suddenly poor and can't pay his employees anymore."?
As if everything just suddenly vanished together with people who died of an illness. Makes zero sense.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-29, 14:44   Link #102
zeross87

well business is based on trust so if the head of your house die without an heir, or if the keir is way too young to be reliable, then you will loose your buniess associate. they won't want to risk their business trussting an unknown person and won't follow you. if you suddenly loose all your business partner your business could colapse very quickly.
its not that far fetched to imagine for me.
zeross87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-29, 17:17   Link #103
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
What is it with all the out of context "His parents died so he is suddenly poor and can't pay his employees anymore."?
As if everything just suddenly vanished together with people who died of an illness. Makes zero sense.
He kept the house if nothing else...? The series as a whole doesn't feel well thought out and its getting kinda bland all things considered. I can't for a minute believe she was a villainess in a previous life either.
Old 2024-02-29, 18:13   Link #104
Frontier

I assume the families' finance fell into ruin because Graham was too young to take care of any of the businesses.
Old 2024-03-01, 17:12   Link #105
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I assume the families' finance fell into ruin because Graham was too young to take care of any of the businesses.
Such things don't happen as fast as shown though.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2024-03-01, 18:44   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Such things don't happen as fast as shown though.
I'm not sure what you mean. We don't know what their income was before the parents' death (except "enough to pay a bunch of servants"), we especially don't know what its sources were.

And we don't know how "impoverished" Graham is. He still has his big house full of expensive books and one servant.

So really, we don't know enough to declare that Graham fell to ruin and that it was unrealistic. I certainly don't see what's unrealistic about a household which suddenly loses all its adults also losing a lot of its income. What did you expect? That his parents could drop dead and child-Graham would have a decade of financial reserves to keep his lifestyle exactly as it was?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-01, 23:39   Link #107
HandofFate

also the employees, even if Graham had some money left to pay them, why would they stay knowing their days are numbered with an uncertain future, they leave before the boat sinks.

Them all leaving is probably more of a flavor, he was able to keep the house, and have enough for his daily expenses plus paying for education as a doctor. +1 nanny.
Old 2024-03-02, 07:13   Link #108
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. We don't know what their income was before the parents' death (except "enough to pay a bunch of servants"), we especially don't know what its sources were.

And we don't know how "impoverished" Graham is. He still has his big house full of expensive books and one servant.

So really, we don't know enough to declare that Graham fell to ruin and that it was unrealistic. I certainly don't see what's unrealistic about a household which suddenly loses all its adults also losing a lot of its income. What did you expect? That his parents could drop dead and child-Graham would have a decade of financial reserves to keep his lifestyle exactly as it was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
also the employees, even if Graham had some money left to pay them, why would they stay knowing their days are numbered with an uncertain future, they leave before the boat sinks.

Them all leaving is probably more of a flavor, he was able to keep the house, and have enough for his daily expenses plus paying for education as a doctor. +1 nanny.
Graham himself said that he was a ruined noble now, so we do know that.

Old 2024-03-02, 07:20   Link #109
zeross87

well ruined from his perspective since he knew his previous wealth. it dont tell us compared to others nobles from lesser status or from comoners.

Last edited by zeross87; 2024-03-02 at 10:33.
zeross87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-02, 09:51   Link #110
Frontier

I wonder if he makes good salary as a doctor...
Old 2024-03-02, 11:24   Link #111
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:

To some degree it depends on the story... I mean Bruce Wayne never really had problems with money and his only family was one servant as well. Maybe even he had to lay off a bunch of people?

Nobles typically have steady income streams from taxes and such if nothing else, and the aristocracy values continuity. Usually in stories like this when a house falls its an issue of mismanagement or corruption.
Old 2024-03-02, 16:28   Link #112
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Graham himself said that he was a ruined noble now, so we do know that.
He's impoverished, but like I said, he still has his big house and his servant. He's not living hand to mouth as a manual laborer.
Old 2024-03-06, 10:02   Link #113
Frontier

It's coming down hard, just as Juliane is reflecting on how famous Elise is becoming, and wouldn't you know it...her carriage nearly runs over Elise! But this is Doctor Elise, so instead of Elise needing medical attention, it's Juliane's carriage driver, and to her credit Juliane is also quick to offer her aid as Elise treats him !

And with the storm hitting hard and Elise liable to catch a Japanese cold, there's no harm in her staying over, despite the tension between their two families. But rather than focus on that, just enjoy the basically sleepover !

Juliane is envious of Elise for all her accomplishments and how she's really moving up in the world, and on-top of that she basically has Linden, the man Juliane loves, to herself. It's why Juliane educated herself in some medical knowledge as a means of trying to catch up (in fact I imagine a lot of women might be inspired to enter the medical field because of Elise). Though even if Elise wasn't famous, it seems like Juliane's family being in Mikhail's faction would've prevented her from being with Linden .

I guess they were too late to prevent Elise from catching a cold! But that just means more hospitality courtesy of House Child! Even if Elise's brother Albert wants her gone as soon as possible. But "unreliable?" Is this dude oblivious to how she's been saving lives practically every episode ?

Doctor Kyle voiced by Toshihiko Seki !

It's cute watching Juliane style Elise's hair. I guess a life as a noblewoman and an orphan, she probably never learned to do anything more than a ponytail or a bun .

Tripping you in your dress or spicing up your tea party...the old Elise was quite the rascal !

So it seems like Mikhail was always the peoples' favorite to win the throne, but Elise's accomplishments are boosting Linden's popularity. Which is doubly dangerous for the Mikhail faction because they think once Linden ascends the throne, their heads will be on the chopping block. Though it seems like Mikhail, his mother, and uncle were involved in a tragedy involving Linden? Like the death of his mother and sister (?) ?

But moving back to more positive and happy things, Elise and Juliane finally have their tea party! Not only boosting each others' confidence and respect in each other by opening up, but solidifying their friendship! Even if their own families don't understand it, the two genuinely like and care about each other, and it's a beautiful thing !
Old 2024-03-13, 09:03   Link #114
Frontier

Nice to see Randall back at work and pretty much fully recovered...less nice is that Linden won't be able to keep up the Ron act around Elise for much longer with the way he's been repeatedly using it .

"Average level of humanity?" Man, Ren is savage towards his sister sometimes .

No surprise Elise is throwing herself into her studies even on her day off, even less surprising is her unconsciously walking towards the hospital. Girl just cannot stop thinking about being a doctor for five minutes! Luckily Ron shows up just in time to take her out for some sweets and a little date just the two of them .

Elise is trying not to let her feelings get away from her, but how can she not when Ron ends up taking her to a romance play? That's not even getting into all the Linden vibes she's getting from him. And while Elise is focused on and enjoying the play, Linden can't take his eyes off of her. She gives him this sense of comfort he hasn't felt since he lost his family .

I guess there was really no way Elise could have a day off without some kind of emergency situation occurring. Like a fire! Luckily she knows how to manage the situation and she has Ron's air of authority to help make the arrogant nobles listen and follow her directions so they all make it out safe .

Say what you will about Linden, that he was willing to stay behind to save a child while Elise saved said kids' little sister is pretty heroic, especially when he does it as a compliment to Elise's own creed as a doctor .

I was really expecting Elise to find out about Linden being Ron when his disguise failed him while he was saving the kid, but he had it back out by the time they made it out of there. Though sometimes it still feels like she sees him as Linden...though now she finds herself falling for him one way or another, even though Linden probably won't be transforming again into Ron any time soon and doesn't want to hold himself back around Elise any more .
Old 2024-03-14, 02:52   Link #115
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know if it was anime original or if the manhwa just decided to skip it, but it was a deeply stupid incident. Bad enough that the theater caught on fire so quickly and easily, but people are so dumb they have to be told they have to evacuate, and and they talk back?
Old 2024-03-14, 09:13   Link #116
Frontier

Quote:
I don't know if it was anime original or if the manhwa just decided to skip it, but it was a deeply stupid incident. Bad enough that the theater caught on fire so quickly and easily, but people are so dumb they have to be told they have to evacuate, and and they talk back?
Obviously the writer at that point did not have a high opinion of regular nobles .
Old 2024-03-14, 21:38   Link #117
Strahan

It would've been great if Linden went to get tickets and they're like "dude.. it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Come back tonight at like 5" lol.

As for the fire, it actually isn't that unrealistic. Fires can spread stupid fast. The curtains and stuff are highly combustible. Reminds me of the Iroquois Theater Fire in the US. The part I thought was kind of unrealistic was them being able to see so well as they argued about evacuating. When my house caught fire, the upstairs was totally filled with smoke and that fire wasn't near as large as what this would've been. They should have had them coughing more too.

Given how often Elise finds herself in situations where she needs to provide medical attention, if I were her I'd start to wonder if I'm cursed and causing this
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-20, 09:03   Link #118
Frontier

It's nice to see Elise being honored and recognized officially for all her achivements! She even got knighted! She also looks absolutely spectacular in that dress !

Of course SOMEONE had to have a medical emergency at the ceremony, and it's none other than the Emperor having a heart attack. I guess it was too much to hope he was out of the woods health wise. Thank goodness, as always, Elise was there .

But poor Linden. The only real family he has left is at deaths door and everyone immediately assumes he's poisoned his father and he's taken into custody and locked up in the same place his mother and sister died like a common criminal. Then again, he's in good company because the same thing happened to Elise .

Mikhail's faction is wasting no time pouncing on the opportunity to besmirch Linden's name and finding an excuse to execute him for a crime even based on circumstancial evidence, while Elise's dad has to weather such excessive accusations and disrespect to his own daughters' credentials. Mikhail didn't poison his dad, and he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to execute his brother, but he doesn't seem against it either .

That's Juliane's dad? I guess she and her brother get their skin color from their mom, but the eyes are the same. And while he's conniving enough to try to frame and kill the man his daughter loves, at least he didn't resort to actual attempted murder. Which is more than I can say for his compatriots .

Elise doesn't want to lose the Emperor again but she just can't come up with a solution, though luckily Graham is there to spot her and get her to take a break before she runs herself ragged. Though even when she takes five minutes she finds out her fiance and one true love is being accused of murder .

When Linden needed someone the most, Elise was there for him, and they shared a tender moment in his cell. Elise still cares so much for him, and his father, and will do everything she can for him .

Y'know, I expected they'd hire assassins, not actually go out of their way personally to murder Elise (and right when the Emperor went back into shock!) but Elise has surprisingly good reflexes! Not that it's enough to keep her hidden from the people killing her! Will Linden bust out of his cell to save Elise somehow !?
Old 2024-03-20, 11:39   Link #119
HandofFate

these assassins are really bad that they can't catch up to her as she's running away like 2 feet in front of them and lost sight of her.
Old 2024-03-20, 12:11   Link #120
Strahan

They should've just listened to whats-his-name and waited. By attacking her, if they fail (and of course they will) they'll just have practically screamed that this whole thing is a noble faction plot.

I'm going to assume Linden will rescue her. He likely heard the disturbance.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote