AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-02-22, 02:27   Link #181
auggie98
§†R!P†§

Send a message via Yahoo to auggie98
can anyone make a screen saver of kairin? i really like her and would love to have her screen saver
auggie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 23:15   Link #182
Zukurah
BOKU!

Send a message via AIM to Zukurah
T-t

ALLLRIGHT ANIME SUKI! you've won, i've signed up and im sitting handy with my tablet getting ready to make magic
Zukurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 04:37   Link #183
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Wow. Lucky us!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 11:36   Link #184
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

*walks into the thread*

Man it's been a while since I was in here last.
Sorry about my long absence all. I was busy with some real life stuff.

*checks calendar*

Hmm...it's March 21...that's the first day of spring...I guess I'll have to put up a Kairin drawing then.

So here's a new picture of Kairin to celebrate the coming of Spring. I must say though that this is without a doubt the best and hardest picture I have ever done, Kairin or not. And it's the first picture of Kairin that shows her full body - head to toe. On top of that I wanted to have Kairin show of her "casual self" so she's wearing just t-shirt and jeans for a change instead of fancy dresses. Oh and the Japanese writing on the pillar says "Shiawase ni naru" which means "Be happy" basically. Which is kind of the theme I had in mind when I drew this.

So without further a due, here she is back from 3.5 months of absence, the lovely Kairin-chan ~Spring Edition~!

Oh if someone could make me a better avatar using that picture I would appreciate it. I'm not good at that stuff.

Last edited by Kiva128; 2007-03-22 at 10:05.
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 12:50   Link #185
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128 View Post
*walks into the thread*

*checks calendar*

Hmm...it's March 21...that's the first day of spring...I guess I'll have to put up a Kairin drawing then.
Haven't posted in a while here myself.

Very pretty as usual. Chibi Kairin is still my favorite, but this younger version ranks very high as well.
Old 2007-03-21, 14:28   Link #186
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
how cute :3 i like the detail youve put into the background and such...and ofc kairin herself ~ only flaw is that her left hand seems a bit weird

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 14:36   Link #187
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
*walks into the thread*

*checks calendar*

So here's a new picture of Kairin to celebrate the coming of Spring. I must say though that this is without a doubt the best and hardest picture I have ever done, Kairin or not. And it's the first picture of Kairin that shows her full body - head to toe. On top of that I wanted to have Kairin show of her "casual self" so she's wearing just t-shirt and jeans for a change instead of fancy dresses. Oh and the Japanese writing on the pillar says "Shiawase ni naru" which means "Be happy" basically. Which is kind of the theme I had in mind when I drew this.

So without further a due, here she is back from 3.5 months of absence, the lovely Kairin-chan ~Spring Edition~!
Thank you for the new Kairin pic. <3 It's always lovely to see more Kairin, especially since you always have a new take on her. I notice that your style has evolved and it make it even more wonderful to see her again. I'm thinking that it just doesn't seem like a new season until you release a Kairin wallpaper to commemorate the turning of the cycle.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 16:10   Link #188
Green²
It's bacon!

You're getting better at this at every new drawing Kiva128. And this one I think is the coolest one yet. Good work as always.

P.S.
Don't give up on the chibi Kairin though!
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 21:20   Link #189
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Hehe thanks for the comments everyone. I know, I know, chibi Kairin is very popular. I promise the next Kairin picture I do is going to be chibi. I could use something easier to draw after that month of working on my latest picture.

Btw, did anyone notice the little easter eggs in the picture? Like the "08" on the chest...I wanted to put "128" but 3 numbers didn't look right and 08 is my next favourite number (also happens to be my birthday number).

Also the "K" on her sneakers (the tongue part) stands for Kairin of course. :P
Old 2007-03-22, 13:15   Link #190
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Kiva-san
I love the buterfly thing on her left leg :3
Do you have a big version of it?.. :)

----
> "Btw, did anyone notice the little easter eggs in the picture? Like the "08" on the chest...I wanted to put "128" but 3 numbers didn't look right and 08 is my next favourite number (also happens to be my birthday number)."

> "Also the "K" on her sneakers (the tongue part) stands for Kairin of course. :P"
Uhh?! what? where?
Old 2007-03-22, 15:05   Link #191
ElderKain

Arrow

I love the Spring edition pic of the AnimeSuki Mascot ^.^
ElderKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 15:37   Link #192
Furudanuki

WOW! Kudos to Kiva128 for some splendid work - the spring version of Kairin looks wonderful. Nice new look for her, and the background has sort of a Kamichu! vibe IMO.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 15:53   Link #193
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Minor gripes about the new Kairin picture:
Japanese may be wrong. I think it should be 幸に成る, provided you're trying to write "To become happy."
Her hands look a little funky. Her right (our left) thumb looks to be a bit far back on her wrist, and her left hand looks a tad wide. It may be intentional, but her fingers seem a tad stubby for a girl.

Other than that, it looks great.

An alternative for what you could have done with the number: 1+2+8=11
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:13   Link #194
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
----
> "Btw, did anyone notice the little easter eggs in the picture? Like the "08" on the chest...I wanted to put "128" but 3 numbers didn't look right and 08 is my next favourite number (also happens to be my birthday number)."

> "Also the "K" on her sneakers (the tongue part) stands for Kairin of course. :P"
Uhh?! what? where?

You got to look upon her (just a bit more) with a clear mind. That is, once you get past the distraction of the lovely figure, it is then that you'll be able to observe the other many fine details.

...Unless you were thinking Cadbury bunny, then you went too far in clearing it.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 18:34   Link #195
seng_ook
Unit 03

Location: Milky way -> Orion arm -> The Sun's solar system -> Earth
you make me full of jelousy lol. very nice picture, lovin the chibi pics ;p

EDIT: >< everytime i come back and see the main page now that pic looks beter and better lol for some reason or another...

Last edited by seng_ook; 2007-03-22 at 22:30.
seng_ook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 21:15   Link #196
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Minor gripes about the new Kairin picture:
Japanese may be wrong. I think it should be 幸に成る, provided you're trying to write "To become happy."
Her hands look a little funky. Her right (our left) thumb looks to be a bit far back on her wrist, and her left hand looks a tad wide. It may be intentional, but her fingers seem a tad stubby for a girl.

Other than that, it looks great.

An alternative for what you could have done with the number: 1+2+8=11

I think you're right about the Japanese. I do this every time and I think I should stop now with the kanji...I'll fix it tomorrow.
Old 2007-03-23, 00:03   Link #197
auggie98
§†R!P†§

Send a message via Yahoo to auggie98
WOW!!! another Kairin wallpaper... HOw about making a Calendar wallpaper of Kairin????
auggie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 12:07   Link #198
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I agree with what already stated, you're providing better works each time, and your art keeps improving. In this case, I'd have to say I love the casual clothes and also the whole scenario is beautifully drawn, so good that it seems almost real

If a wallpaper will be released, it will go straight on my pc (I was just seeking a springy outfit for the desktop ^^)

Quote:
Oh if someone could make me a better avatar using that picture I would appreciate it. I'm not good at that stuff.
I hope you haven't got some complexes about it now .. j/k ... I don't see what's wrong with your current avatar, perhaps it may be cropped closer but that would be all about it and even like this, it's more than fine, imho
Old 2007-03-24, 08:49   Link #199
blazerushmore
Proud Dragon Affiliate

Send a message via MSN to blazerushmore Send a message via Yahoo to blazerushmore
New front page pic...

Not to bust on Kairin, cause she's really cute...

But the current pic on the front page (animesuki) is so unproportional that it makes me cringe. I'm just being honest.

Her head looks great.

The left arm by itself is fine, but it starts to far in... there is very little separation from where the neck connects to the upper torso and where the shoulder and arm begins. This, in turn causes the torso (as a whole) to be too narrow, and thus even her breast (which look like they are sagging) are not evenly spaced out.

The right arm... is short... way too short. the length of the entire arm is as long or shorter than the left upper-arm (from shoulder to elbow). The wrist is too wide, making it look like the wrist of an obese woman.

The torso... is way too short. Does she even have enough room for all of her internal organs to fit in there? Even if it was intended that it look short on the basis that she was bent over, it's still incorrectly proportionate (coupled with the fact that that would mean the rest of the body was drawn incorrectly).

The hips are too high and not wide enough to justify the legs being so wide and far apart.

The right leg (thigh and knee) are about 1/3 the size bigger than the left.

The calves look fine.

Her feet. Is she really meant to be a men's size 15?

A lot of the other Kairin artwork is really nice. The old frontpage mascot and a lot of the stuff by Kiva128 is really nice. I love the chibi stuff. Some of the submitted stuff in this thread is really great.
I just felt the need to critique the front page pic because I feel if you are going to have a mascot pic on the front, it needs to be something that doesn't just "look" good, but is admirable from an artistic perspective as well (and a huge part of that is having good proportions).
blazerushmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 13:07   Link #200
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

No offense taken blazerushmore but I will disagree that the proportions are as bad as you say they are. I didn't just blindly make that pose I looked at a few reference pictures of real people first. The torso looks short because she's bending over. The feet are not too big since a foot is as long as your forearm and they're the same size in this case. The right arm is also fine, elbow is at the waist, hand is mid-thigh. The hips were referenced so they're not too high.

And what may I ask are you basing all this "incorrect proportions" on? If you're also an artist could you post some of your work? Because right now all I see is opinion on things being wrong.

Side note: woot 200th post in the thread. Go Kairin-chan!

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate