AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-03-14, 13:08   Link #521
Sides

Nothing new.
Sony did pay Epic a large amount for a cell optimised version unreal engine.
Both microsoft and sony are customers, so it is in Epic's interest
that people support those plattform and hope that more 3rd part use their engine.

So if you want an independent option, look somewhere else.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 22:52   Link #522
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I'd say Sony had a pretty darn good week. On top of all the Home hubbub, did anyone hear that:

1- A PSP redesign is definitely on the way (though I love mine)
2- The God of War game for the PSP will be all original content.
3- A God of War III is HIGHLY likely for the PS3
4- Rumble-enabled controllers appear to be on the way (not something I care about).

SOURCE: Gamespot
Old 2007-03-15, 01:01   Link #523
Zoe

Roaming Remote Play has been confirmed for the 1.6 firmware

(expected to hit next week)
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 01:16   Link #524
Lebron
I hear voices

They're all nuts
PSP can get redesigned all it wants, still won't stop the beast that is the DS. *runs*

and yea GOW3 for PS3 is pretty much a given. I mean what else is Jaffe going to work on? Calling all Cars 2? :P

He'll probably do another TM game too, I would assume.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 03:59   Link #525
Sides

Other story,
Yesasia aren't shipping NA version of PS3 games to the EU(EEC) anymore.
Futhermore Japan and Asian versions are not VATfree to the UK and Germany any longer.
So it is pretty much back to the pre online prices for UK and german importers.
There are few exporters left, but they tend to charge more or will in future,
since they have less competion now.

BTW, same applies for PSP stuff as well.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 06:55   Link #526
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
PSP can get redesigned all it wants, still won't stop the beast that is the DS. *runs*
Really, Sony needs to address the price and portability issues of the PS3. If they can do something about those issues, even helping a little, it will be good for them. If they're just making it "sleeker and sexier" or worse yet, upping the price with this redesign, then they're not really going to be any more successful.

Sony may be trying to make the machine more profitable for themselves by making the hardware cheaper to produce. In fact, I'd say that's the most likely reason behind a redesign. Whether or not they drop the price along with their costs remains to be seen, and depends on whether or not Sony sees recouping costs through software as being viable. A lot of people buy PSPs and then only get a couple games, using the machine's other capabilities for the most part. At least, it seems that way in my experience.
Old 2007-03-15, 08:35   Link #527
Zoe

Quote:
and yea GOW3 for PS3 is pretty much a given. I mean what else is Jaffe going to work on? Calling all Cars 2? :P
Jaffe isn't in charge of GOW anymore, it's Cory Barlog. There was an interview where Barlog complained about people making this mistake

Folding@Home will be included in the next update. Who's going to participate?
Quote:
Tokyo, March 15, 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment systems will have the capability to connect to Stanford University’s Folding@home program, a distributed computing project aimed at understanding protein folding, misfolding and related diseases. Stanford University is leveraging PS3’s powerful Cell Broadband Engine™ (Cell/B.E.) – and what will be an even more powerful distributed supercomputing network of PS3 systems – to help study the causes of diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, cystic fibrosis and many cancers.

Because the process of folding proteins is so complex, computers are used to perform simulations to study the process. Since these simulations can take up to 30 years for a single computer to complete, Folding@home enables this task to be shared among thousands of computers connected via the network, utilizing distributed computing technology. Once the data is processed, the information is sent back via the Internet to the central computer.
Old 2007-03-15, 12:43   Link #528
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Jaffe isn't in charge of GOW anymore, it's Cory Barlog. There was an interview where Barlog complained about people making this mistake
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Actually, maybe that means after he is done with Calling All Cars, he will work on a new Twisted Metal perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
A lot of people buy PSPs and then only get a couple games, using the machine's other capabilities for the most part. At least, it seems that way in my experience.
Yeah, that seems to be the case. I remember back in HS they had a good number of people who had one, but didn't own a single game. Now, they still either have 1 or 2 games, or none at all.

Anyway, seems Warhawk will also now come on a Blu-Ray disc, as well. I swear, I have no idea wtf is going on with this game anymore
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/772/772517p1.html

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-15 at 13:23.
Old 2007-03-15, 20:41   Link #529
Zoe

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Actually, maybe that means after he is done with Calling All Cars, he will work on a new Twisted Metal perhaps
I dunno, from the way he keeps talking in interviews and other forums, it seems like he's perfectly content with developing PSN games...
Old 2007-03-15, 21:04   Link #530
Lebron
I hear voices

Hot Shots Golf 5 demo is now up on the JPN PSN. Looks pretty good visually, but still, can't get excited about a golf game.
Old 2007-03-15, 23:12   Link #531
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Relax, play it cool and just wait till the game come out. Try not to anticipate it so much.

"Warhawk, wtf is Warhawk?"

Until it's in my hand it's just a whisper in the wind.
Uh...kayos did you get Lebron and I confused for one another for a second?
Because I'm the one that needs to play it cool, relax, and smash my PS3, anyway I think it's too late to make the conversion to download-only to download+disc.
They need to figure out what the're going to do with this game, and if it's going to be MP only then they shouldn't even waste the money on putting it on a disc.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 14:47   Link #532
Lebron
I hear voices

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/10000
Ratchet and Clank PS3 debut Trailer

looks awesome, much better in motion I see. Also, the game will be out Fall '07
Old 2007-03-16, 22:38   Link #533
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
NGS looks pretty nice. I've never played it on the xbox
This is Madness!

I thought about buying it again, but I'll just borrow it from one of my friends. I ain't paying money for a game that I've already bought and played twice before, NG and NG Black
Old 2007-03-16, 23:22   Link #534
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:

Anyway what was the big difference between NG and Black? Since I haven't played both of it.
Different stuff here and there, like new difficulties, new outfits, cut scenes, etc. Pretty much like a Director's Cut. Sigma does have way more added stuff than Black did, but still, overall it's the same game. So no point in me buying it, but you should enjoy it. You'll probably throw your controller a few times too. Game can be a B!
Old 2007-03-18, 17:44   Link #535
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
So pretty much, NG, Black and Sigma are the same game but with more added features in each one.
Pretty much. Its like a SNES port on to DS. A bit more than a directors cut. But not really enough to buy it again.

I still expect Sigma to go to 360 also. Same with DMC4. Even if they say it is exculsive...There are just some games that are obviously not going to be. It was kind of those people that thought Merc's 2 would be exculsive.
Old 2007-03-18, 18:31   Link #536
Lebron
I hear voices

Why would they release Sigma on the 360? It's pointless, they've already released the same damn game twice on the Xbox, why a third? We're getting NG2, so I doubt they would bother porting Sigma over.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-18 at 19:06.
Old 2007-03-19, 17:33   Link #537
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Why would they release Sigma on the 360? It's pointless, they've already released the same damn game twice on the Xbox, why a third? We're getting NG2, so I doubt they would bother porting Sigma over.
Its Ninja Gaiden...They need to milk it more!!!
Old 2007-03-19, 20:46   Link #538
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Wanna know what is funny...
DMC4 is now multiplatform after I just said that yesterday lol

Offical Link to Capcom's page
Old 2007-03-19, 20:56   Link #539
Lebron
I hear voices

Damn you, Shinoto! You lucky son of a B!

and it seems the 360/PS3 version are releasing on the same sale day, as well. Well Capcom loves money confirmed :/

Guess I'll be getting the 360 version now
Old 2007-03-19, 21:36   Link #540
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Wanna know what is funny...
DMC4 is now multiplatform after I just said that yesterday lol

Offical Link to Capcom's page
I wonder how you can play DMC4 on the Pc.... you gotta really like... push alot of buttons(Well from my experience lol).

Tags
console, ps3, sony