AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 13.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 34.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 20.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 13.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-23, 06:31   Link #101
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
woah now thats shounen genre right there
but anyways...limiters...i guess its good to have them??
but what if there is a time in the future episodes that they will need to bend the rules of the limiters...and go all out??
i wonder if they can destroy the limiters themselves just by overpowering it with magical power....
I don't think overpowering the limiters is necessary. Since it is a TSAB installed limiter, I'm sure that the top brass have overrides for their limiters (Chrono I heard, having the key for Hayate) allowing them to unleash their full power unto whoever is unlucky enough to warrant such an action

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-23, 06:31   Link #102
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Although I'm fine with the limiter and all, but it's still feels kinda weird for them to nerf Hayate down to nothing, there shouldn't be a problem leaving it around the same level as Fate/Nanoha...

... Not to be rude or anything, but are you sure thats what they said Darco_emp?
The limiting of Nanoha, Fate and Hayate was quite easy to get. since they did said it in English "four rank down" :heh
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
I don't think overpowering the limiters is necessary. Since it is a TSAB installed limiter, I'm sure that the top brass have overrides for their limiters (Chrono I heard, having the key for Hayate) allowing them to unleash their full power unto whoever is unlucky enough to warrant such an action
I should think of its dire emergency and such and TSAB/Chrono can not be reached, I assume they can overpower it. Heck I'm waiting for it to happen if the enermy is within the top brass of TSAB
Old 2007-04-23, 06:32   Link #103
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Although I'm fine with the limiter and all, but it's still feels kinda weird for them to nerf Hayate down to nothing, there shouldn't be a problem leaving it around the same level as Fate/Nanoha...

... Not to be rude or anything, but are you sure thats what they said Darco_emp?

btw Ultima_Rasengan05? Chrono's 5 years older than the girls ...
oh....never knew that...i thought Amy stated back in the first season when they first saw Nanoha that she was about the same age as Chrono...oh wells, Amy was just exaggerating i guess
Old 2007-04-23, 06:56   Link #104
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Since it is a TSAB installed limiter, I'm sure that the top brass have overrides for their limiters (Chrono I heard, having the key for Hayate) allowing them to unleash their full power unto whoever is unlucky enough to warrant such an action
Err....I wonder what's the key looks like and how he will unlock the limiter .
Old 2007-04-23, 07:00   Link #105
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i think this is where the limiter comes into fault...what if it malfunctions, causing the limiter to stay lock and thus Nanoha and company not having to use their full potential due to the malfunctioning of the limiter...i wonder if this will ever happen.....hhmmm

other than that, do you guys think that attacks like STARLIGHT BREAKER and Baldiche's ZAMBER form will need the limiters to be unlock in order to execute the attack???
Old 2007-04-23, 07:06   Link #106
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Suddenly Hideki (one of Tomokazu Sugita's previously voiced character) comes to mind...

"D-Down there?!"

Old 2007-04-23, 07:06   Link #107
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
I'm guessing that the reason Hayate got the bigger nerf is because she's bonded with a Lost Logia that caused the Bureau and the worlds they're supposed to protect no end of grief over the years. Since the TSAB probably hasn't seen that happen too many times before, and since the YnS was destroyed but came back countless times before, the higher ups were probably a little paranoid about assuming that YnS would stay gone this time. (Even though it certainly looks 100% certain that the original Reinforce and the defense program are permanently gone.)

(And a rank of A or higher does NOT constitute "down to nothing"! )
Old 2007-04-23, 07:08   Link #108
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
*mind in gutter*
Somehow Fate/Stay night and a certain "mana recharge" scene came to mind...
*hides*

So... does this make Rein about as powerful as Hayate ?
Old 2007-04-23, 07:14   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
LoweGear, this post made me grin like an idiot, you know why?

Quote:
(Chrono I heard, having the key for Hayate)
1, That 'key' could be taken literally or figuratively (), and if he has the ''key'', where's Hayate's "lock" ?

2, In a sense, doesn't the phrase "Having the key for Hayate" also means... That He owns her?

Hayate: Signum!
Signum: Hayate! What happened!
Vita: Why are you crying! Is it Nanoha? It's Nanoha isn't it!?
Zafila: Vita...
Hayate (Shaking her head): N-NO it's...
Shamal: It's...?
Hayate: C-Chrono... M-Mine, body belongs to him!

(10 minutes late, Chrono barricaded himself in his office by pushing all the furniture to the door...)

Vita: We know you're in there Harlaown!
Chrono: I'm telling you! It's NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE!
Shamal: We believe you!
Signum: We just want to talk...
Chrono: I may be younger but I'm not stupid!
Vita: That's it! No more huffing and puffing! This door's coming down!
Chrono: Hayate! Where are you!? This is NOT funny!

(At the Yagami's residence...)

Hayate: Hmm... Maybe I overdid it alittle...
Nanoha:
Fate:

Quote:
...unleash their full power unto whoever is unlucky enough to warrant such an action ...
This reminded me of what Kyon did at the end of "The disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi"

Spoiler for MAJOR MASSIVE spoil-ish ending...:

If all goes well, it'll happen again

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
(And a rank of A or higher does NOT constitute "down to nothing"! )
Okay, I sort of over Exaggerate
Old 2007-04-23, 07:16   Link #110
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
i think this is where the limiter comes into fault...what if it malfunctions, causing the limiter to stay lock and thus Nanoha and company not having to use their full potential due to the malfunctioning of the limiter...i wonder if this will ever happen.....hhmmm
Might. It also could be used in conjunction with Nanoha's other problem...

Fate: Nanoha! I KNEW you weren't "OK"! Now stay there and rest!
Nanoha: I'm... f-fine, Fate. This isn't enough to stop me.
Hayate: Well, THIS is. Limiter, full power. *click*
Nanoha: Wahhhh! No fair!
Hayate: I'm not listeninnnnnnnng! :P Now either you go see Shamal on your own, or I'll have Zafira carry you.

Quote:
other than that, do you guys think that attacks like STARLIGHT BREAKER and Baldiche's ZAMBER form will need the limiters to be unlock in order to execute the attack???
Not Starlight Breaker - that, as has been discussed previously, uses the magical energy strewn around the battlefield. If the what the limiter is actually limiting is the output of the mage's own linker core, it shouldn't have any effect on SB.

I don't know about Zamber form. It might be useable and just not be as powerful. There's been nothing published that I've seen about how much power/how difficult specific moves/spells are other than the whole "must be A rank to fly" thing.
Old 2007-04-23, 07:29   Link #111
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

hahaha...lol @ Chrono having Hayate's "key limiter"....
but a malfunctioning limiter could be possible...
but for some reason, i find this whole "limiter" idea suspicious.....since Hayate's the commander of the Forward Stars and Lightning brigade, shouldn't she have the limiter keys to Nanoha and Fate??...not some other higher ops dude in an office, pushing the limiter removal on his own accord...
If the aces have limiters, then Chrono must have one also yea?

and i guess Zamber form is possible without the removal of the limiter, but just weaker...and yea i forgot that Starlight Breaker uses the surrounding area to gather power (genki dama copycat move??)
Old 2007-04-23, 07:35   Link #112
Flar

Quote:
Heh, the "limited" accel shooter looked more like a genocide shift than a watered down version of young Nanoha's spell.

So, if anything, I expect the limited aces to be able to use all their spells at a slightly higher level than when they were young.

Now, remove the limiters, and they become flying, breathing, blushing tactical nukes. Unison Hayate could probably do more damage than a H-bomb, if her little demonstration at the airport is an example of what she can do under limitation, without Rein and while trying to contain the strength of the spell to avoid freezing grunts.
Old 2007-04-23, 07:38   Link #113
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
but for some reason, i find this whole "limiter" idea suspicious.....since Hayate's the commander of the Forward Stars and Lightning brigade, shouldn't she have the limiter keys to Nanoha and Fate??...not some other higher ops dude in an office, pushing the limiter removal on his own accord...

and i guess Zamber form is possible without the removal of the limiter, but just weaker...and yea i forgot that Starlight Breaker uses the surrounding area to gather power (genki dama copycat move??)
Since Zamber Breaker uses energy discharged from a high level lighting spell and personal power too, If its usable its should be weaker then norm.

Thats why SB is so overpowered. I remember reading somewhere that at end of Season 1's fight with Fate, Nanoha had 6% magic reserves left before firing that overkill SB.\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar
Now, remove the limiters, and they become flying, breathing, blushing tactical nukes. Unison Hayate could probably do more damage than a H-bomb, if her little demonstration at the airport is an example of what she can do under limitation, without Rein and while trying to contain the strength of the spell to avoid freezing grunts.
I was under the impression that the Aces was not under the limiter durning the airport fire. since the grunts commented "This is the power of a S class mage"
Old 2007-04-23, 07:41   Link #114
Aaron008R

Quote:
1, That 'key' could be taken literally or figuratively (), and if he has the ''key'', where's Hayate's "lock" ?

2, In a sense, doesn't the phrase "Having the key for Hayate" also means... That He owns her?

Hayate: Signum!
Signum: Hayate! What happened!
Vita: Why are you crying! Is it Nanoha? It's Nanoha isn't it!?
Zafila: Vita...
Hayate (Shaking her head): N-NO it's...
Shamal: It's...?
Hayate: C-Chrono... M-Mine, body belongs to him!

(10 minutes late, Chrono barricaded himself in his office by pushing all the furniture to the door...)

Vita: We know you're in there Harlaown!
Chrono: I'm telling you! It's NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE!
Shamal: We believe you!
Signum: We just want to talk...
Chrono: I may be younger but I'm not stupid!
Vita: That's it! No more huffing and puffing! This door's coming down!
Chrono: Hayate! Where are you!? This is NOT funny!

(At the Yagami's residence...)

Hayate: Hmm... Maybe I overdid it alittle...
Nanoha:
Fate:
HAHAHAHA! *wheeze* As usual, nice work!
Though after reading this (and remembering your fanfic), I've come to realize that Hayate seems to be a girl who would actually do things similar to what you have been portraying her in your fics. (i.e. teasing Chrono rather impishly) This is because after listening to some of the sound stages, it is obvious that Hayate has quite the mischievous streak in her. I can only hope that they would at least show her antics at least once in StrikerS. Her being a commander won't stop her from doing something playful sometimes, ne?
Old 2007-04-23, 07:43   Link #115
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I guess no one liked the "Chobits" humour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
~ Unison Hayate could probably do more damage than a H-bomb, if her little demonstration at the airport is an example of what she can do under limitation, without Rein and while trying to contain the strength of the spell to avoid freezing grunts.
Hayate didn't have her Limiter yet at the airport incident. Recall that the token Enforcers there commented on how it was her power as a S+ ranked Mage at that time (Fate and Nanoha were AAA+ ranked four years ago).

Currently, according to the official character-information webpage; if Hayate does not have her Limiter, she would be SS-ranked.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-23, 07:46   Link #116
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Finally saw 4.

Happy to see 'white devil' in action again.

Spoiler:

Needs subs to comprehend what was being said...Never wanted subs so much..

I am loving Fate's car more and more...I never knew it could transform into 'police car' Better watch out...Not that I would mind if she pulled me over
Old 2007-04-23, 07:47   Link #117
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Of which, did they mention who has the ... Erm... "Key" (HAHAHA!! S-Sorry, can't help myself...) to Nanoha and Fate?
Old 2007-04-23, 07:53   Link #118
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Of which, did they mention who has the ... Erm... "Key" (HAHAHA!! S-Sorry, can't help myself...) to Nanoha and Fate?
Ero boy Chrono who else , I did hear the name Carim metioned by Rein too so maybe she also can unlock the limiters
Old 2007-04-23, 08:00   Link #119
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Ero boy Chrono who else , I did hear the name Carim metioned by Rein too so maybe she also can unlock the limiters
...SERIOUSLY?!

Must be the power of Sugita... To have that much control over women like that...
Old 2007-04-23, 08:06   Link #120
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
...SERIOUSLY?!

Must be the power of Sugita... To have that much control over women like that...
3 ladies, 1 guy? Name starts with a "C"? What do you get?

Chrono's Angels... or should that be Devils?

Nanoha: The White Devil
Fate: The Speed Demon
Hayate: The Angel of Darkness

Cheers.