Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-10, 07:37   Link #341
Tiberium Wolf

And when will the DVDs be out for sale?
Old 2006-04-10, 14:47   Link #342
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

Ep.24 is gana be aired in japan right? cuz if it is, no matter what, theres gana be a raw and fansubs may sub it. so i suppose ep.24 is basically an OVA cuz it isnt connected through ep.23.
elite-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 15:24   Link #343
Keitarou
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto82
From Anime-Reactor Black Cat forum:

Quote:
The DVDs will have 24 episodes (12 DVDs a 2 episodes). The additional episode, 14.5, does show important events which were left out after episodes 12-14 and only shown in a few flashbacks later in the show.
Hmm, how interesting to find myself quoted here. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams
Ep.24 is gana be aired in japan right? cuz if it is, no matter what, theres gana be a raw and fansubs may sub it. so i suppose ep.24 is basically an OVA cuz it isnt connected through ep.23.
It's not episode 24, 24 did already air, it's "14.5" I believe, and depicts events left out after episodes 12-14 - there were several flashbacks in the last episodes which showed events from that episode. It won't air in Japan, unless maybe later in a rerun, but that'll take longer than the dvds to come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
And when will the DVDs be out for sale?
They are being released in a monthly cycle. The next ones will be volume #5 (episodes 9 and 10) and volume #6 (episodes 11 and 12) and are scheduled to be released on 26.04.2006 respectively 24.05.2006. Release dates for the following DVDs aren't definite as of now. So the unaired episode will be released on volume #8 in july. That's of course the release schedule for the R2s. Are there any for US R1 already out anyway?

Last edited by Keitarou; 2006-04-10 at 17:20.
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 01:42   Link #344
CaiSter21

does anyone know if there is going to be a another season?
because i have this lingering feeling that i heard somewhere that this would be 52 eps long.
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 02:20   Link #345
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
does anyone know if there is going to be a another season?
because i have this lingering feeling that i heard somewhere that this would be 52 eps long.
You did hear it was going to be 52 eps long, but that 52 episodes number was a mistake. Someone saw that this was going to be scheduled for 2 courses and mistakenly thought of that as 2 seasons. Then that error got repeated a few times until everyone thought it was the truth.

No second season is currently planned, and never was. Since the manga was completely adapted to anime, any second season would have to be an entirely original story, and that makes it rather unlikely that it will EVER be planned.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 02:42   Link #346
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
um....okay.....i just have to add one thing. Does anyone else agree that Sven's "future eye" was completely and utterly pointless? (except when they threw it in in ep 12).......It seems like this was really un-needed in the series and i have no idea why they threw it in, in the first place. I'm sorry but....yea.....future eye.....r-a-n-d-o-m.........okay, im done
Old 2006-04-18, 03:47   Link #347
SomeWhiteGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
Does anyone else agree that Sven's "future eye" was completely and utterly pointless?
Thought the same thing, but like, I gues they kinda did all they could do with it. I dont really see how a future eye can really be used.... I mean, yeah, it's kina cool.... but not very usefull
SomeWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 03:20   Link #348
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I finally finished this! (I lost everything due to hard drive failure. )

What a low key ending compared to that final fight. So sad...
Spoiler:

Many thanks to those who worked on this title.
Old 2006-07-04, 16:54   Link #349
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished this...what can i say , overall a pretty good anime, but there are 3 things i dislike here

1) Saya dying so early
2) Trains clothes after he quit being a Number - his new outfit is as lame as it gets
3) The ending - this i absolutely hate. i was going like WTF was that crap after watching it . It seemed like the production team had 10 minutes in total to come up with the ending ( and i think i would have done a better job during those 10 min ) Seriousily - the ending was the thing that ruined the series for me. It seemed so unnatural.

First - Train going off on his own - he got quite attached to his partners and i dont see why he went off ( and they gave no reason either )

Second - Eve going to school.....why ? whats the point ? most likely she will end up as a sweeper and she has all she needs for that, and what she doesnt know shes better off learning from her friends ( IMO ofc ) ( and why the hell did she cut her hair ? )

Third - Train and Saya ( was it ment as her ghost ? ) passing each other...after thinking a bit i came up with this - it might have ment that Train is following Sayas words in his dream - she asks him to forget her so that he can move on.... but there is no reference to this in the series, and during the anime he never showed any intention of forgetting her - instead he saw flashbacks and visions of her and her ghost even guided his hand in his battle against Creed... so this scene was a big wtf

Overall the series vere good but the ending really ruined the mood for me, its one of worst endings i can think of ATM
Old 2006-09-04, 16:26   Link #350
xris
Just call me Ojisan

FUNimation have announced the release date for the first volume of Black Cat.

19th December 2006, Volume 1, retail price of $30 so expect an on-line price of under $19.

There's also a Limited Edition release on the same day. Don't know if this contains anything more than the art box.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:47   Link #351
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Does anyone have any idea if there is another OST release out there of Black Cat? There are some BGM's that are missing which I was really looking forward to in the OST...

Take for example, Episode 11 near the end with Train fighting the guy with the Bird Mask and gun.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 02:57   Link #352
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by obentou
Does anyone have any idea if there is another OST release out there of Black Cat? There are some BGM's that are missing which I was really looking forward to in the OST...

Take for example, Episode 11 near the end with Train fighting the guy with the Bird Mask and gun.
BLACK CAT DVD Vol 6 and the soon to be released Vol 10 comes with a special CD (for the special edition version) containing 15 songs each that are not included in the OST Nikukyuu.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 09:53   Link #353
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Ah I see. Looking forward to that then.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 23:23   Link #354
Kazuki Muto
Crazed Ino fan boy

Send a message via MSN to Kazuki Muto Send a message via Yahoo to Kazuki Muto
black cat

So black cat's site has now been opend http://www.blackcat-tv.com/Im really Intrested to know on who is doing the english dub voices and If the dvd will have the uncut Japanese version with it.

Ethier way I cant wait to buy this.
Kazuki Muto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 23:36   Link #355
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki Muto View Post
So black cat's site has now been opend http://www.blackcat-tv.com/Im really Intrested to know on who is doing the english dub voices [...]
An excellent site to keep track of English Dubs is (http://www.crystalacids.com/) (check out their Database). The main English cast is:
Quote:
Brandon Potter - Sven
Brina Palencia - Eve
Jamie Marchi - Rinslet
Jason Liebrecht - Train

Caitlin Glass - Saya
Chris Patton - Creed Diskence
Lydia Mackay - Sepheria
Mike McFarland - Belze
ADR is the always spunky Tyler Walker. Also, you might want to look at the English Track forum over at AnimeOnDVD.com ...it's an excellent resource for English Dubs. Unfortunately, you probably won't find much love for English Dubs here.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:28   Link #356
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Mmmmmeh, slight nitpick is that the site lists Rinslet under Sweepers. Which anybody who has seen the anime or read the manga knows is not the correct affiliation for her. :/
Old 2006-12-07, 12:44   Link #357
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Mmmmmeh, slight nitpick is that the site lists Rinslet under Sweepers. Which anybody who has seen the anime or read the manga knows is not the correct affiliation for her. :/
Well, feel free to send them an email with the correct information. They're only human. Mistakes happen. I'm sure they would welcome your help and information.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 23:12   Link #358
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
does Tao Creed remind anyone else of Sephiroth? i'd swear it's almost a dead on resemblance. the only difference is his hair is shorter.
If you mean Sephiroth minus all his coolness replaced with a bunch of GAY, yes.
Old 2007-01-23, 02:29   Link #359
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I think a combination of Metal Gear's Raiden and RoD's Mr. Joker would be closer.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:45   Link #360
miaka16
*stare*

Black Cat

I am still watching it but the fact that

there's this man that was a cat at first

makes me think I wonder how many

more episodes will there be?

I wonder if it will be like a transformation anime

hm... suspicious...

xo xo
miaka16 is offline   Reply With Quote