Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-10, 17:24   Link #1
Fronzel
Schmuck

Uncut Yamato, Harlock, etc.?

Will uncut versions of Space Battleship Yamato and/or the Captain Harlock series ever be released? Is it some sort of nightmare for some reason? Should the release of the uncut versions of the Robotech components give me hope?
Old 2004-02-13, 11:59   Link #2
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

The company that released the Star Blazers DVDs is apparently trying desperately to get the rights to the uncut Space Battleship Yamato series. They've already released the movies (currently only available on VHS, but hopefully a DVD release is coming), but I guess they've had some difficulty getting the rights to the series. Possibly the current rights holder wants too much money for them.

Herlock(Yes, I've taken to the recent spelling shown in the Endless Oddesy OVA and the Gun Frontier series), on the other hand I've heard nothing of. Endless Oddysse was apparently picked up by Geneon(Pioneer), and Cosmos Warrior Zero recently got the box set treatment...oh, and the Herlock movie 'Arcadia of My Youth' is out on DVD now from AnimEigo, but that's all I've heard of so far.
Old 2004-02-13, 13:31   Link #3
Fronzel
Schmuck

I prefer "Harlock." Sounds more piratey.
Closed Thread

Tags
yamato