AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 09:57   Link #46201
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Cecilia has real excuse of having shitty I.S. with zero support from HQ

If she's using Silent Zephyr, Ichika and Lingyin will be stomped left and right, probably both at once.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:03   Link #46202
demino_hellsin
That one guy

disagree. Again, I want to apply nasuverse logic here. It is not a match of purely power level. You need to take into account good and bad match-ups in type of ability as well as combat conditions. The element of surprise, terrain advantage and such.

Cecilia is still fairly unskilled in terms of CQC and though she is competent in it, her inexperience in actual practice of the craft left her floundering even in the face of an amateur like Ichika. Add to that how she was utterly humiliated by M in a knife fight.

Assuming her control of bits has always been limited to 4 with 2 in reserve. We can observe that she still doesn't have full mastery over her bits. if not only due to her recent learning of FLEXIBLE nor the fact she cannot move when she concentrates on her bits.

Silent Zephyr has shown itself to have 6 bits active. Either that or I'm just imagining M had once launched 2 shield bits and 4 attack bits while firing her rifle at an acceptable accuracy.

Unless Cecilia shows at least that level of proficiency I don't think speaking too highly of her abilities is advisable. Though I myself hold Cecilia in high regards, I believe she is still quite weak in her current state.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:08   Link #46203
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I was exaggerating, though

What I meant is if she has right unit with right configuration for once she should have a chance for victory.

Of course, the fact that she got stomped by schwarzer regen made me facepalm. Once a jobber, always a jobber.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:11   Link #46204
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Fair enough, but still... shame. At the very least it would help with me fic at the later parts where the OC and CCs face off against each other one more time.

Funny enough, the OCs would have Gospel on their side so that would make it OC/CC vs CC, I suppose?
Old 2013-09-24, 10:20   Link #46205
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I believe Cecilia's current blue tears just hasn't reached its full potential yet. I again mostly blame the writer. He can put down basic concepts but he has no ability in terms of expansion. The BT in its basic state can do so much but limited imagination has restricted it in canon to so little. Even with Ichika's energy nullifying weapons and shielding, BT still has a fighting chance as is. For example, if Setsura charges towards the BT, Cecilia still has a choice to launch her missile bits or shoot the Byakushiki from behind. Remember the Reiraku Byakuya is not permanently on. Setsura's shield is only one-sided in where it faces. If the bits would fire from behind, then it can damage Setsura seriously.

Stratos, I think just all out battle damage will suffice to show how badass Inami is. Inami is a soldier right? In a way. I imagine that he would know how to dodge the dragon cannons without resorting to getting out of the way if my imagination is correct.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:33   Link #46206
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

His helmet interface actually detects space distortion, so it's not all sixth sense at that point. There's still technology involved.

Yes, he is projected to be a badass in that fight but due to a romantic complex between him and the Gospel(The AI, not Natasha), he doesn't get to show much with the Gospel unconditionally assisting him in battle. Not that it's an issue, I'm actually looking forward to how to play the fight out.
Old 2013-09-24, 11:02   Link #46207
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I understand stratos but I don't think destroying the cannons is a good way to do what you want to show. I'm not sure why but I just vote against it. It feels like something anyone would think to do I guess. Though maybe how he does it would set him apart.

Those two may be cadets, but they are still young girls. they have the mentality of teenaged girls. Particularly a brat in Rin and an arrogant little girl in Cecilia. Taking advantage of those traits should be fairly simple.
*cough*Nobody take advantage of that*cough*

I observed that most OCs (thankfully none on our side) utilize combat experience (not IS-piloting experience) and technological/weapon advantage rather than playing psychological warfare with the Pilot.

Let's not forget one Advantage of being the Sane man of IS-verse: In IS-verse, Females are quick to anger.
Old 2013-09-24, 11:59   Link #46208
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quest Ichika won virtually ALL his match that way

The moment the girls become sane after the first bout, he got stomped left and right.
Old 2013-09-24, 12:07   Link #46209
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just churning out main development points/events and I'm already seeing 5 arcs, with a 6th in-planning. Is that too long for a fic?
Old 2013-09-24, 12:38   Link #46210
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Depends, how LONG is an arc?

Because I have read few fast paced fic out there, cramming... let's see, one year worth of plot in 10 chapter or so.
Old 2013-09-24, 15:48   Link #46211
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, someone lit a fire in here...

And who mentioned 'Sengoku Era' types!? 0.0 *dusts off old fic idea* A little tweak here...and a twerk there...
Old 2013-09-24, 17:13   Link #46212
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

10 arcs? Nah! My Code Geass/Muv-Luv is 5, Muv-Luv Extra is 6. I've read some 100+ chapters fics, and some 10+ years-old ongoing fics. So 10 arcs is still acceaptable.

Basically, the author is wasting time for Harem antic, instead of invidual girl. And that suck!

Oh, and to win a battle, Ichika just has to show his puppy eyes and the "If you win, my sister gonna kill you!" line.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 00:28   Link #46213
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, the school festival arc will be, ah, interesting

"If you think everyone can and will follow your whim, you are mistaken, senpai"

- Icchan
Old 2013-09-25, 01:02   Link #46214
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Nope! Half follow her legs, and the other for her chest!

Oh, and another snippet:

"Wait! What do you mean you can't dance?

"Well...Last time Dan invited me to do that, I made a mess of myself..."

"Shh...Here go!" (grabbing Icchan wrist) I will teach you to do that!"

(Five minute later)

"Wow! Never know that Tungsen could be bent like that!"
Old 2013-09-25, 01:18   Link #46215
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Dare I ask what Tungsen is?
Old 2013-09-25, 01:47   Link #46216
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Tungsten is a rare metal that doesn't appear freely on Earth.

It's hard and brittle, with the highest known boiling/melting point.

In appearance it looks like a more lustrous iron.

Hmm~ it seems like I mixed up some names.

<<Tsukkuyomi>>'s equipment should be <<Ama no Ukihashi>>.

<<Takama no Hara>> would be <<Amaterasu>>'s.

<<Amaterasu>> is <<Tsukkuyomi>>'s Second Shift.

The appearance is almost exactly the same except for the color which is now all red.

<<Kotoamatsukami>> is the same.

<<Ama no Ukihashi>> x2 were both replaced by <<Takama no Hara>> also x2.

<<Takama no Hara>> is sleeker and more versatile.

<<Ama no Ukihashi>> fires a powerful long-range stream with about 2-3 seconds of charge time.

<<Takama no Hara>> has the same function, but it can also fire automatic with no charge time but less power and range.

It can also fire in a wider area with even less range.

Aside from the equipment, <<Amaterasu>> replaces <<Tsukkuyomi>>'s large hip thrusters with several smaller ones throughout the frame.

There is a decrease in maximum speed, but an increase in agility, maneuverability, etc. while allowing for <<Ignition Boost>> in unusual directions.

I mentioned that Satomi would fight Tatenashi multiple times, but every one of those fights would be with <<Tsukkuyomi>>.

<<Amaterasu>> would appear only in the final battle against Phantom Task.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2013-09-25 at 02:10.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 01:55   Link #46217
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Masuzu: You know Japanese? Cos I need some name.
Old 2013-09-25, 02:06   Link #46218
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hmm~ I might be able to give names, but well we won't know until we try.
Old 2013-09-25, 02:15   Link #46219
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok, here is somethin I need in both Kanji (if possible) and Romanji: "The Fallen Sakura Petal".

And another thing, does flat chest=balance?
Old 2013-09-25, 02:46   Link #46220
HasuMasu
*Artist

As I thought, there are better people to consult.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest