AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-12-10, 10:18   Link #49081
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A somewhat subtle reference for one of the Athena's less-prominent OCs:

Quote:
“Here I come!” Elijah swings the katana down but Naev evades with a sidestep. The chilling breeze of the strike pecks her cheek.

She turns back to Elijah, swinging her katana across but it falls short of reach with Elijah keeping up her speed.

Hit and run...? In that case... Naev stands ready again as Elijah makes a second approach. Another strike comes in and instead of evading, Naev greets the oncoming katana with her own. The impact shook her as she struggles to keep up her block.

Watching a close-up of the fight via the holographic screen, Rose could immediately tell the difficulty Naev's experiencing via her movements. She switches the view to Elijah, whom is still grinning wide.

Elijah Hale. Granddaughter of the fourth richest man in the world whom is also the CEO of an IS development institute that's responsible for the development of the IS <<Megalania>>. Word has it that he is also very strong and recklessly daring.

Rose checks back on Naev, whom is slowly being pushed back.

I suppose it is no surprise that she's capable of being this strong.
Cookies for those who gets it. ^^
Old 2013-12-10, 12:47   Link #49082
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

... never heard of 'Elijah' being a girl's name before, so, for this part:

Quote:
Elijah Hale. Granddaughter of the fourth richest man in the world whom is also the CEO of an IS development institute that's responsible for the development of the IS <<Megalania>>. Word has it that he is also very strong and recklessly daring.

had me slightly confused when you seemed to be going for having Elijah be a female.
Old 2013-12-10, 13:10   Link #49083
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Mine is still normal.

Anyone done with their fic?
First half.... which is edited version of earlier draft which I wouldn't post until I got the second part out (new content....mostly).

Quote:
No sure if I got it right.... but... so manly that people assume that she is male?
Old 2013-12-10, 16:34   Link #49084
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
... never heard of 'Elijah' being a girl's name before, so, for this part:

had me slightly confused when you seemed to be going for having Elijah be a female.
The he part also refers to her grandfather whom is not only a bigshot CEO but a damn manly person. (Hint: Australian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
First half.... which is edited version of earlier draft which I wouldn't post until I got the second part out (new content....mostly).

No sure if I got it right.... but... so manly that people assume that she is male?
As above it refers to her grandfather. Notice the second part where she addresses Elijah's potential to be just as strong.
Old 2013-12-10, 19:29   Link #49085
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

An Australian IS... How would it be? An offshot/collabration with the UK, or an independence unit? I think the former is more possible. Just look at Australia's Weapon Industry.

Wonder whether how much force an IS will create when it was dropped from the outerspace with PIC disabled?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 20:45   Link #49086
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Alien tech

Also, we don't know how much an I.S. weight, I.S.A. students are supposedly able to wear them unpowered, but they're superhuman so...
Old 2013-12-10, 21:57   Link #49087
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yeah, but the weight of IS plus a Human body. I want to see how much counterforce would be need for it to stop just 10m above the ground.
Old 2013-12-10, 23:37   Link #49088
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It's not the fall, it's that moment when inertia continues to work that split second after your body comes to a complete stop from the 120+ mph freefall or however fast you were descending. Somehow, PIC can completely negate that in a fraction of the time and distance that it is actually required to slow down a human body safely - hence the 'superhuman' label given to the pilots.
Old 2013-12-10, 23:43   Link #49089
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, g-force injury came from sudden rise or fall of blood pressure. Reducing mass of the blood will avoid such incident easily.

PIC is magic, but it's actual working mechanism can be explained by newtonian system.

AIC on the other hand...
Old 2013-12-10, 23:57   Link #49090
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...and that's beyond the scope of my brain to figure out tonight... lol

Although, the plotlines laid out in Vol 8 have got me thinking, but now I think I'll either have to request a better translation or read the past volumes with a microscope but I doubt if I'll learn anything different than that's already out there.
Old 2013-12-11, 00:00   Link #49091
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What do you expect? Ping had to scrub himself clean and made a confession after translating it. Can't expect the result to be optimal, still we owe him a lot.

EDIT; brainfart, will research it again

Anyway Chapter 7 is slow, but at least it's not a deadstop
Old 2013-12-11, 00:08   Link #49092
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That's fine - I, of all people, know how hard it is to keep a series going. It's the reason I try to stick with short stories/drabbles. It's not that I can't think of epic stories, it's just that I lack the patience to write it out.

If anything, just add what you feel is needed in there for now and then let me work on expanding it. Don't worry about writing everything out - it's what having a co-writer is all about. lol
Old 2013-12-11, 00:14   Link #49093
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Alright, the summary of C7 is:
> Tatenashi doing her things again
> Short talk about it, but seeing Icchan's reaction he didn't press the issue
> Hilarity during physical examination
> Training montage of Cecilia and more in depth exposition about BT project
> Male!Tabane appears in I.S.A. basement, talking with Chifuyu. They're talking about doing several test before trying to send Ikkun back to canonverse
> a small glimpse of canonverse cast and their depression

I've almost completed the first three parts, but I'm not confident about the last part so you'll have 100% freedom for that one
Old 2013-12-11, 00:19   Link #49094
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, so it's a MaleTabane... 0.o scary... lol

Yeah, just put down the info and things that need to be in there, I'll try to flesh them out according to what you want. So...dialogue and basic descriptions of the tech-babble...

I'm working on 'Day 1' of [Weekend] myself. It's hard to plan out an entire day of saying, 'Ichika studied'. I wanted to have Chifuyu show him a basic concept by using a sword technique but... I might have to pick your brain for it.
Old 2013-12-11, 00:36   Link #49095
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Male Tabane+Female Chifuyu=Disaster+Catastrophe+Lunatic

Somehow, that go well with the idea of "Mama Chifuyu". But would that make Houki as Ichika's aunt?

Have this idea crossed my mind when some dude said about Ichika should learn to stab: French-style Fencing, anyone?
Old 2013-12-11, 00:44   Link #49096
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
French-style Fencing, anyone?
I give that to female Cecilia, just because

Joking, in Mirrorverse BT development grind to a halt after the robbery, so they have BT revamped hard to counter possible Deployment of Silent Zephyr, including improved close quarter defense.
Old 2013-12-11, 00:46   Link #49097
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ugh, no...Chifuyu would kill him if he went with European style fencing. There are stabs in kenjitsu, but Ichika isn't in a position/good enough to incorporate them into IS swordplay. I imagine that techniques like {Wrapping the Blade} must work differently due to the HyperSensor being in play.

I used this training method once: have a tennis ball launcher and have Ichika work at working his way in while being fired upon within a certain amount of time. Think it's something Chifuyu might try with him?

In the work of training reaction speed, things like table tennis and/or handball in an inclosed space might help. Of course she'd take it a bit far and add in more balls or something like that to really up the difficulty level. ...
Old 2013-12-11, 00:55   Link #49098
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Does IS invisible before Radar? I'm pretty sure that the Barrier could nulified the waves.

Guys, should I mention that so far, Charlotte has the most screentime with her IS?

"And yet she hasn't show any development with her skill. Uncheck from "Compatible with Ickkun's Genetics Codes". Pss... Once again, Chifu-chan topped the list..."
Old 2013-12-11, 00:58   Link #49099
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Hmm... Does IS invisible before Radar? I'm pretty sure that the Barrier could nulified the waves.
They are
Quote:
Guys, should I mention that so far, Charlotte has the most screentime with her IS?
Your point?
Quote:
"And yet she hasn't show any development with her skill. Uncheck from "Compatible with Ickkun's Genetics Codes". Pss... Once again, Chifu-chan topped the list..."
Remember she basically tied with Laura in piloting skill
Old 2013-12-11, 01:18   Link #49100
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

My points? More Screentime=Less Loved by Fanfic Writers.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest