AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-05-14, 09:21   Link #56801
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
And which Don Juan?
- ...why do I get the feeling it's not the Don Juan from my childhood stories?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibong_Adarna
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 10:10   Link #56802
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
* PTR-3 кабан (Wild Boar): While the KMD-2 Uchigane was the first successful mass-production 2nd-Generation, it was not the best-seller. The crown belong to the PTR-3 кабан, or “”Cheburashka” as NATO designation. For more than 6 years of service in the Russian Army, it has proven itself as an adequate and reliable platform, not only for current service but also in developing future units.

- Technical Overview: It included the major advantages of 2nd Generation: Simplicity and Modularity. However, unlike Uchigane the forerunner, it has a much more loose tolerant, lacking intricate, dainty parts, and more adaptive to extremely harsh conditions. Even in the case of damaging, components (much fewer than other IS) could be produced and replaced quickly. The frame is also a major step-up, aerodynamically-superior to all IS before its appearance - and might even comparable to latter Ulysses (but losing by quite a margin to Rafale-Revive.)

But it has its flaw: Big, uneconomically fuel consumption, and everything unrelated to direct combat is less-than average. In short, it requires smart piloting.

- History: The Cheburashka fame is forever linked to two people and their friendship: Sergeant Zoya Kirill Mametova and Major-Pilot Ekaterina Mikhailovna Dashkova. The first was an engineer at Amur Shipbuilding Factory that shared a life-long companionship with the then-Junior Lieutenant Ekaterina, who was the Russian Representative in the 1st Mondo Grosso. While only made it to the Quarter-final, she showed great piloting skill and soon became a prominent figure in the IS world and Russia alike.

The pair shared a vision about using the IS as backbone of the military However, their view, like many of that era, met with scorn of the generals. So they hatched a plan to "make something that will change the world." - The blueprint was conceived in a computer 10 years old.

About that time, the new of the Uchigane came as a shock to the world. Once again, Japan had led the race of IS development with their adaptive model, capable of equipping a wide array of weapon. So, the pair went with a pragmatic approach: They studied the Uchigane - or mostly made assumptions about it. However, they did had the most important point right: Simplicity. Previous IS were bulky, intricate designs but overdone what is needed. Not many had fully grasped the doctrine of IS warfare, or the concept itself.

Zoya was not a genius. She simply hold an innovative idea of "The less is better". Taking the Uchigane (the pair luckily had access to an unit bought by Russian government), stripped it, rethought and redesigned the parts while synthesizing them with latter developments. The result is a walking piece of technologies.
The initial test went smoothly (an abandoned mine was blown up above it, and the unit escaped within 1 second without a dent on the shield), and the project became official. Working together with Sarashiki Heavy Industry, which also manufactured weapon for the Uchigane, the duo got hands onto invaluable data. The second test unit, -2, was avionic-superior and could handled Equalizers better. It'd be the basis for the mass-production units.

Cheburashka truly became famous because Ekaterina's unexpected advancement in the 2nd Mondo Grosso. Although first saw as an underdog, she only kneeled before Orimura Chifuyu and Kurazakura in the semi-final. The pair kept coming back even when all hope was lost. That 2-hours battle had given both the nickname: магма (Magma)
6 years since its introduction, the unit has became the official IS of Russia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Nigeria, Venezuela, Cuba,... half of the world, in short.

- Armaments:
+ AK-1035: A Russian-made assault rifle of the Japanese Type 56 (but by the same company that produces the former.) It’s a modular rifle with internal system derived from the AEK-973S, but replacing the hammer with a striker. Fires the 8.0x72 mm armor-piercing round in semi-auto, 4-round burst and full-auto. Quite accurate for its class, but the size and weight make it quickly became unpopular with pilots.
+ GP-205: Mounted under the or used individually with stock (in this case, it’s designated as GP-205S), it launches the 50mm caseless grenade. Ammunitions include fragmented, smoke, high explosive, flare, thermobaric and infra-red.
+ Multi-purpose, knife. Hand-carried or mounted on the AK-1035 rifle.
So Raphael was mostly popular in European region?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- ...why do I get the feeling it's not the Don Juan from my childhood stories?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibong_Adarna
I remember a different Juan during my younger online days. Good times.

I now do less thing online(contribute less to the Community) than the past.

Nowadays I just lurk around internet.

Hopefully, one day I will upgrade to Creeping Lurker of the Internet. (Meh, sounded better in my mind....)
Old 2015-05-14, 16:52   Link #56803
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
So Raphael was mostly popular in European region?
America uses it (several samples were brought because their 3rd generation still hadn't bore fruit yet, while the 2nd was considered inadequate.)

It's very much like the MiG-21 or Su-17 - In early generations, it's better to have "something works".

... Even if it has been ten years, the fact that IS technology jumped from the bulky, space-suit 1st Generation to sleek, fantasy-looking 3rd Generation is quite unthinkable. Who know, maybe remote control, beam weapons, air-pressure shot,... have been conceptualized before IS was made?

And it's this Don Juan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tri...he_Stone_Guest
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 20:39   Link #56804
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Who know, maybe remote control, beam weapons, air-pressure shot,... have been conceptualized before IS was made?
The concept for such already exists though. Infancy, not as powerful or flashy as they are in IS but it is there, waiting for technological enhancement.

Flying drones.

Beam weapons.

Air-pressure equipment.
Old 2015-05-14, 20:54   Link #56805
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Fire, can I borrow that spaceframe for Anya's IS? It's far better than my placeholder FMP expy.

In the Meisterverse, I had the Russians invent deflection shielding. Which is simply using the standard forcefield, but applying a angular deflection to all incoming particles as opposed to outright repulsion, allowing the shield to resist attacks Much better than the slight increase in power consumption. And since Russian IS are very simple in design, they have that capacity and still can produce that frame easily to all 60 of Putin cores.

Basically, spaceage sloped armor.
Old 2015-05-14, 22:25   Link #56806
The 48th Ronin

Funny idea: what if Tabane created boob-mounted guns for personal IS users?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 04:24   Link #56807
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

BURESTO FIYAAA

(Which reminds me of this character. )
Old 2015-05-15, 07:14   Link #56808
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Fire, can I borrow that spaceframe for Anya's IS? It's far better than my placeholder FMP expy.

In the Meisterverse, I had the Russians invent deflection shielding. Which is simply using the standard forcefield, but applying a angular deflection to all incoming particles as opposed to outright repulsion, allowing the shield to resist attacks Much better than the slight increase in power consumption. And since Russian IS are very simple in design, they have that capacity and still can produce that frame easily to all 60 of Putin cores.

Basically, spaceage sloped armor.
Help yourself.
Old 2015-05-15, 21:39   Link #56809
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Raphael Revive is more like F-16 or F-15, it's not the most advanced machine but one of the most versatile even in modern days, and with well proven service history (as I mention before, Russian aircraft has really shitty engine). And unlike say, Uchigane, it still have a lot more room to develop because modularity means you can just switch outdated part and jam the new ones.

Raphael Revive is basically the embodiment of grandfather's axe.
Old 2015-05-16, 04:38   Link #56810
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Help yourself.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Raphael Revive is more like F-16 or F-15, it's not the most advanced machine but one of the most versatile even in modern days, and with well proven service history (as I mention before, Russian aircraft has really shitty engine). And unlike say, Uchigane, it still have a lot more room to develop because modularity means you can just switch outdated part and jam the new ones.

Raphael Revive is basically the embodiment of grandfather's axe.
Just adding on:

The limit of Raphael's modularity is however the core. The frame itself has a maximum output lower than what 3rd Gen wizardry require.

That being said, that edge is not required given the majority of warfare is still fought with conventional force. The tech for 3rd Gen certainly not feasible, given the difficulties of mass producing 3G spaceframes at this point in time. Raphaels, with as you said, their proven record, upgradeability, excellent after-market service and widespread adoption by the conventional armies of EU ensure that the frame remains relevant in spite of the challenge posed by newcomers, like the Russian T-92 дикарь, its derivative the Indian Arjun, and its clone by the Chinese, the Type-35 Shenlong.

Together with the ASEAN's continuing use of Vandam, Rafale remains the bulwark of the Free (rich) World.

(In the Meisterverse, the US is stated to be equipped with Fang Quakes after their withdrawal from the NATO agreement essentially cut them off from Rafale spaceframes.)

The KMD Hyaku-nii-shiki (Type 102) Uchiganes are found almost exclusively in Japan as a result, but many small organizations also have derivatives of the Uchigane by virtue of them being samples delivered all over the globe when the Alaska Treaty was first inked. This makes them the 2nd most common frame used in the world (losing by quite a margin, though).

TL;DR, in the Meisterverse, if you couldn't afford the Rafale contract, you didn't have a working defence industry, and you didn't curry favor with Rasputin, you grabbed an Uchigane and it worked just fine.
Old 2015-05-16, 08:00   Link #56811
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Thanks.

Just adding on:

The limit of Raphael's modularity is however the core. The frame itself has a maximum output lower than what 3rd Gen wizardry require.

That being said, that edge is not required given the majority of warfare is still fought with conventional force. The tech for 3rd Gen certainly not feasible, given the difficulties of mass producing 3G spaceframes at this point in time. Raphaels, with as you said, their proven record, upgradeability, excellent after-market service and widespread adoption by the conventional armies of EU ensure that the frame remains relevant in spite of the challenge posed by newcomers, like the Russian T-92 дикарь, its derivative the Indian Arjun, and its clone by the Chinese, the Type-35 Shenlong.

Together with the ASEAN's continuing use of Vandam, Rafale remains the bulwark of the Free (rich) World.

(In the Meisterverse, the US is stated to be equipped with Fang Quakes after their withdrawal from the NATO agreement essentially cut them off from Rafale spaceframes.)

The KMD Hyaku-nii-shiki (Type 102) Uchiganes are found almost exclusively in Japan as a result, but many small organizations also have derivatives of the Uchigane by virtue of them being samples delivered all over the globe when the Alaska Treaty was first inked. This makes them the 2nd most common frame used in the world (losing by quite a margin, though).

TL;DR, in the Meisterverse, if you couldn't afford the Rafale contract, you didn't have a working defence industry, and you didn't curry favor with Rasputin, you grabbed an Uchigane and it worked just fine.
You know, if the Indian make anything, the result would be fusion of many designs - they are the first to put French electronic on Russian jets.

And Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran,... If they do possess an IS, who know? Israel would not be happy if US or any NATO members give the Muslim world something.
Old 2015-05-16, 08:15   Link #56812
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> India
> making their own I.S.

It would be the joke character in any I.S. based game.

Their military procurement is fucking horrible.

Putting that aside, I'm also reposting Mirrorverse in other site

Being able to add illustration makes things 3 times better

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2015-05-16 at 12:22.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 13:01   Link #56813
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
> India
> making their own I.S.

On the bright side... it might turn into Lethal Joke character if the result turn out to be rather quirky.

=

I am still trying to get myself into the mood of doing IS fanfic again. But I got exam so... it will take awhile again.

Not to mention, I have a 4 stories backlog(including IS) waiting to be typed out. (1 To Aru, 1 original high-fantasy, one Sci-fi original, one IS)

I am rather pleased with Sci-fi story, because it is more of a Super-hero story.
Old 2015-05-16, 16:20   Link #56814
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
> India
> making their own I.S.

Putting that aside, I'm also reposting Mirrorverse in other site

Being able to add illustration makes things 3 times better
... I wave my hat for your salvaging ability.

Say, in Ichika Quest, how the heck did the Orimura and Shinonono parents met?
Old 2015-05-16, 20:02   Link #56815
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
And Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran,... If they do possess an IS, who know? Israel would not be happy if US or any NATO members give the Muslim world something.
I doubt they'll use it. You know, Sharia Law and etc.

Quote:
BrahMos says hello.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 21:28   Link #56816
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I doubt they'll use it. You know, Sharia Law and etc.
Some ME nations recently allow women to pilot transport helicopter and aircraft.

Considering I.S. world... I don't see how even die hard Islamic country don't change.
Quote:
BrahMos says hello.
Broken clock etc.
Quote:
Say, in Ichika Quest, how the heck did the Orimura and Shinonono parents met?
Mostly Tabane.
Old 2015-05-16, 22:09   Link #56817
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
I just thought of the idea of the IS crossover fanfiction. The story that has Ichika and his harem competing in the Olympic Games against the other great teams. It would be a great way to test their bond as well as their teamwork. Madoka could be one of those boss rival characters that Team IS will be facing in one of the Olympic Showdowns. It will be a crossover fanfic. For instance, Ichika's team will be facing against the other great harem team(s). As for the opposing harem team(s), its depends on the other harem series that we really like. I thought about as it can give their IS battling a break.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2015-05-17 at 05:12.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 00:53   Link #56818
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh and just to give you guys how bad Indian military can get

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...-issue.340235/

I've seen South African backwater warlords more organized and well trained than them
Old 2015-05-17, 00:54   Link #56819
demino_hellsin
That one guy

can't be worse than the current middle east regular army.
Old 2015-05-17, 03:16   Link #56820
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Say, what is the IS equivalent of SBR and SBS (Looking at Charl's Saturday shotgun make me want to compare)?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest