AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-05-17, 05:19   Link #56821
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Considering I.S. world... I don't see how even die hard Islamic country don't change.
- It would depend on how advanced said country is. Iran, Iraq, and most other Middle Eastern nations will probably allow it.

Countries that have a like mind to ISIS and Boko Haram (EG anti-western and anti-technology to begin with) will probably ban the IS outright and pretend it doesn't exist---then scream demonic forces at work when women in Is kick their asses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer
Say, what is the IS equivalent of SBR and SBS
- SBR? The only SBS I know are either the British Special Boat Squadron or Australian TV/Radio Special Broadcasting Service. I don't think that's what you're asking.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 07:18   Link #56822
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- SBR? The only SBS I know are either the British Special Boat Squadron or Australian TV/Radio Special Broadcasting Service. I don't think that's what you're asking.
Short-Barrel-Rifle and Shot-Barrel-Shotgun, according to ATF. But then again, Arm Brace is useless with IS, and the only thing matters is the barrel-length.

And Wave, remind me of which company did Iris belong in yours? Too lazy to search.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 07:43   Link #56823
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Short-Barrel-Rifle and Shot-Barrel-Shotgun, according to ATF. But then again, Arm Brace is useless with IS, and the only thing matters is the barrel-length.
- Since IS use much bigger armaments than human size but not nearly as big as full-size mecha, I'm really not sure if there is much of a point for having short-barrel weaponry outside of what we've seen the Rafales pack.

Short-barrelled weapons like Carbines are either means for easier carry in transport (the first carbines were designed so that mounted horsemen could carry them more easily than a full-size rifle) or for close quarters battle (modern carbines like the M4 Mk18 mod and the G36K). Given how big an IS is and much area it takes up with its wings and other equipment, shortening the barrel doesn't affect its movement area by much. With the exception of Blue Tears Beam Rifle and Schwarzer Regen's Railgun (both long ranged weaponry) most of the weaponry on IS aren't so big that they'd be more cumbersome that an IS own equipment/armor/wings. And since weapons get reformatted into quantum data when not in use, carrying the weaponry isn't a problem either.

In short: while there's no reason you can't have short-barrelled weapons, there's really no point.

Quote:
And Wave, remind me of which company did Iris belong in yours? Too lazy to search.
- 101st Air Assault Division, but I didn't specify which part. Since she's an IS user she would most likely be in a Cavalry regiment or else in a newly formed unit for airmobile armor. I don't have a lot of info on the specifid 101st Cavalry regiments so I can't specify--US Army Cavalry Regiments are either armored cavalry (tanks/APCs/Strykers) or air Cavalry (Helicopters) and IS have a bit of both (armor firepower and air mobility).

I've been a bit busy so haven't touched my fic. And I'm having another rethink of the story, mainly because I think it's going in circles with too many characters.
Old 2015-05-17, 08:03   Link #56824
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Funny thing, Charlotte's shotgun is positively anemic for what considered to be I.S. armament, because it use the same shell size as human shotgun. That's why she can use them one handed and seems like she can do it effortlessly. It's really just a human shotgun built with I.S. tech.

That applies with one of her submachineguns as well (she has both compact and full size SMG)

The point of short barrel weapon is more or less recoil management and ergonomic, outside the assault rifle (which more of a battle rifle, really. Damn Izuru) all of Raphael weapon can be dual wielded. This is not the case with say, Cecilia's rifle.
Old 2015-05-17, 08:04   Link #56825
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
- 101st Air Assault Division, but I didn't specify which part. Since she's an IS user she would most likely be in a Cavalry regiment or else in a newly formed unit for airmobile armor. I don't have a lot of info on the specifid 101st Cavalry regiments so I can't specify--US Army Cavalry Regiments are either armored cavalry (tanks/APCs/Strykers) or air Cavalry (Helicopters) and IS have a bit of both (armor firepower and air mobility).

I've been a bit busy so haven't touched my fic. And I'm having another rethink of the story, mainly because I think it's going in circles with too many characters.
A new division is of course needed. But hey, I wonder does she have the command over the techies?
Old 2015-05-17, 08:30   Link #56826
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Funny thing, Charlotte's shotgun is positively anemic for what considered to be I.S. armament, because it use the same shell size as human shotgun. That's why she can use them one handed and seems like she can do it effortlessly. It's really just a human shotgun built with I.S. tech.

That applies with one of her submachineguns as well (she has both compact and full size SMG)
- I don't recall mention of that. Was that in the LN info or in the games?

Also, I was basing it on the weapons size, which is way bigger than an equivalent human weapon--at least for the SMG (my AGP Uniform ver Charlotte comes with a spare SMG). The magazine looks pretty big, though it could be that it loads a lot more ammo:

Although I'd probably agree that the SMG and shotgun don't really do much in the way of damage against an IS defenses individually, but can wear down the PIC over time.

Quote:
The point of short barrel weapon is more or less recoil management and ergonomic, outside the assault rifle (which more of a battle rifle, really. Damn Izuru) all of Raphael weapon can be dual wielded. This is not the case with say, Cecilia's rifle.
- I guess one other thing is that from what's been seen in the Anime and LNs, the only IS that use anything along the lines of conventional firearms are the different Rafales and Kanzashi's missile-laden Uchigane. And of the two, only Charlotte's Rafale Revive gets featured prominently enough. So essentially the only example we're working on for firearms is Charl's IS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer
A new division is of course needed. But hey, I wonder does she have the command over the techies?
- I would hope to god not! Could you imagine her demanding more knives and giant shock knuckles to Fang Quake just for shits and giggles?
Old 2015-05-17, 08:37   Link #56827
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
- I guess one other thing is that from what's been seen in the Anime and LNs, the only IS that use anything along the lines of conventional firearms are the different Rafales and Kanzashi's missile-laden Uchigane. And of the two, only Charlotte's Rafale Revive gets featured prominently enough. So essentially the only example we're working on for firearms is Char
To be fair, isn't Gen 2 IS all about Soup-up version of conventional weapons?

3rd gen is more of the experimental phase of the IS weaponry where weird weapons come into play.
Old 2015-05-17, 08:41   Link #56828
demino_hellsin
That one guy

2nd gen is perfecting equalizers and peripherals. 3rd gen is unique built in function to emulate or achieve One Of Ability. 4th gen is mid battle optimization adjustment with fold-out armor.
Old 2015-05-17, 09:58   Link #56829
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Heh, looks like it's just a case of QUALITY animation at works.

Also, wavehawk, the damn thing fires .61 caliber ammo. It's not really that bad if it's using normal pistol or magnum cartridge, but imagine if it fires PDW ammo instead. That's gross overkill.
Old 2015-05-17, 13:16   Link #56830
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
You know, if the Indian make anything, the result would be fusion of many designs - they are the first to put French electronic on Russian jets.
I was looking purely at tanks. The Arjun IS is localization of the T-92 Dikar IS. Which in turn is a reference to the Indian Arjun MBT itself being little more than a localized hull stuffed with components of T-90.

IE, it is pretty shit by IS standards but even that is enough to wreck conventional forces when used properly.

Which indirectly implies the skill of the SHOOTiNG ST@R idol from India, Vase.

Quote:
And Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran,... If they do possess an IS, who know? Israel would not be happy if US or any NATO members give the Muslim world something.
Pakistan and India are one entity in the Meisterverse, again a result of the Great Wars. As they are nuclear armed in our timeline, this confederation also have IS, and use the Arjun IS whose design was inspired by the Arjun MBT.

In the Meisterverse, ALL those countries have IS, which are Rafales since they can afford the contract. Israel, believe it or not, is on close ties with the West Arab Emiracy, again a blood tie forged in the flames of the Great War when about half of the desert including Israel got glassed to ruins.

Also, the Middle East being glassed into a democratic and secular state helps a lot.

As a sidenote, I see the Silver Gospel shares a few traits with the Merkava MBT. I suppose I could fill in the rest of the blanks in my fandom.
Old 2015-05-17, 16:40   Link #56831
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I'd always like to think that the earlier generation of pilot - Before Mondo Grosso 2nd - never had the same freedom as with the latter pilots. Sure, being the pilot of the ultimate deterrence is great, but you got drafted into it, the Alaska Treaty had not been fully enforced, and your family is in danger constantly.

(Making a fictional summary of each character)

Anyway, wave, if Iris is the best pilot in the Army, she must well be famous - who would send someone like that on a convert mission?

(Of course, "the best" is simply her statement.)
Old 2015-05-17, 18:07   Link #56832
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Has anyone have the ideas of the IS crossover before? I just thought of something that could be fun and perhaps unusual. How about Ichika and his harem go on the field to compete in the Olympic Winter Games to win it all. The opposing team(s) that Team IS facing are the other great harem teams that everyone likes. Let's just say that Team IS would be competing against Team DxD (Issei Hyodou and his harem), Team RV (Tsukune Aono and his harem),and Team Sekirei (Minato Sahashi and his harem). For those who don't know Sekirei, don't be fooled by Minato's appearance. He happened to be very smart due to his own intellect. In fact, Minato proven to be an excellent strategist as he come up with the effective plans to outsmart his enemies. We all know that Issei proven to be a hard worker.Of course that with Ichika's kind attitude, he would probably be friendly with the other harem leads. Due to the part that they have to compete in the Winter Olympic events, he and the others along with their respective harem become friendly rivals. Just think, it will be a great way to test their bond as well as their teamwork.

What do you think?
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 05:08   Link #56833
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Anyway, wave, if Iris is the best pilot in the Army, she must well be famous - who would send someone like that on a convert mission?

Seriously though, it's not like they can send Natasha out. And Iris is probably bullheaded enough to volunteer wihtout knowing what she was in for.
Old 2015-05-18, 06:17   Link #56834
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Say, what is the IS equivalent of SBR and SBS (Looking at Charl's Saturday shotgun make me want to compare)?
I don't think any of the weapons qualify for either of those tax stamps, but I bet close to every weapon qualifies for the destructive weapons device qualification, considering a vast majority are over the half-inch / .50 caliber classification.

That, and, y'know, explosives. explosives everywhere.
Old 2015-05-19, 01:32   Link #56835
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

James Bond is a world famous spy. Doesn't stop him from spying.

Ie THE PLOT

although I have no idea what Iris covert op is about.
Old 2015-05-19, 07:09   Link #56836
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

... Zero, when will you continue with GBF?
Old 2015-05-19, 10:18   Link #56837
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The question is which GBF?

I have 2 GBF fic, Rhapsody is about 3500 words and Legacy is 600 word or so

It's not like I have many readers so I'll just write and then update whenever I have a chance.
Old 2015-05-19, 18:16   Link #56838
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
The question is which GBF?

I have 2 GBF fic, Rhapsody is about 3500 words and Legacy is 600 word or so

It's not like I have many readers so I'll just write and then update whenever I have a chance.
Rhapsody. Don't misunderstand me, but because it's you, I have a feeling that Legacy will be a lost cause.
Old 2015-05-19, 19:23   Link #56839
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really, I'm really at lost what Legacy want to achieve either

It's supposed to be unicorn parody, but the draft refuse to match the atmosphere and concept.
Old 2015-05-20, 20:38   Link #56840
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Wave, do you think any IS pilot could pass the Darby Camp to be a Ranger? Until now, no women have ever passed it, and not only because of their ability: Peer report, patrol absent,...

(Look at this: http://weaponsman.com/?p=22671)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest