AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 16:13   Link #1081
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Great episode not only do we get to see a great race in which they pay homage to Lavie and Claus's victory from the 1st season but we also get to see potentially what is happening behind the scenes in Augusta's name.

When taking over a country the best way is from the inside out. Getting rid of the noble families is a very intelligent move. Not only have potential threats and ships been removed from Luscinia's path but using Augusta's name to justify the purge will keep it legitimate all the while that little girl knows nothing and all the same the chess pieces are being moved in around her to remove her from power. Im starting to see the bigger picture here and its a bloody and ugly one much bloodier than i had anticipated. Luscinia seems to hold a grudge against everyone and everything. However Milinia Gov in Exile posters and Fam stealing of Ades ships served as a perfect backdrop for his Purge little does she and Fam know they made his plans go even smoother. Perfect way to have an excuse to Purge troublesome Royals

Im starting to wonder if the reason Anatoray sent the Silvius into action is because they some how obtain information about this plot knowing they couldn't stop what was going to happen they decided to recon and plan for the the future. Sophia was not only a good 2nd in command but if i remember she was also a good tactician. Sending out Tatiania and the Silvius has her name written all over it. There is no way Ades can hold so much territory effectively. Its bound to suffer the same problem Rome had at its decline too much territory and not enough men to defend it. Ades has a lot of ships but once you spread them thin you can hit and run forcing them to have to redeploy over and over. Given that a group left the Silviuswith a bunch of the stolen ships gives me the impression that something very huge is being planned. I am sure those ships were taken to Anatoray and Sophia.

Love the talk Giselle had with my waifu Alister in her sexy new voice lol. Its very easy to see how Alister could offer such advice given she was in the same position not long ago. I think Sophia and Fam are more alike than they think similarly to how Alex Row and Claus were similar but it took time for both of them to see it. I love Giselle her attention to detail and the ability to retain information is an asset. She instantly looked up when she heard Tatiania say Anatoray. There is no way she is going to forget that name she looked very curious. Its only a matter of time before she asked about the name.

I am also on board with the Silvana+Urbanus=Silvius it may be the best of both platforms plus some extra goodies to make it the ship it is. I find it to be a very logical theory.

I get the feeling the shit is about the hit the fan and when the battle lines are drawn and we see who take whats side and Anatoray enters the mix i think we are going to have one hell of a war.
Old 2011-11-21, 17:27   Link #1082
TheKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
(the A-D Prestar was Europe and Russia I think).
Yup. Eastern Europe and Russia so a little less were on the A-D Prester.

It's very possible that it may be retconned. Augusta Sara seems to be really interested in making sure her people have wheat. Luscinia implied that there's not enough resources to sustain the old people on Earth and the relatively recent returnees so it's my thought that it would be retconned or else we'd see the Anatoray returnees have gotten caught up with the Ades Federation much faster or the Anatoray returnees were able to get wheat to grow somewhere else. The latter is far less likely in my opinion.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:05   Link #1083
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Love the talk Giselle had with my waifu Alister in her sexy new voice lol. Its very easy to see how Alister could offer such advice given she was in the same position not long ago. I think Sophia and Fam are more alike than they think similarly to how Alex Row and Claus were similar but it took time for both of them to see it. I love Giselle her attention to detail and the ability to retain information is an asset. She instantly looked up when she heard Tatiania say Anatoray. There is no way she is going to forget that name she looked very curious. Its only a matter of time before she asked about the name.
I think you mean Tatiana and not Sophia. Although, they have a huge difference when it come to express their emotions. Fam goes for the "hyperactive" style to hide how she feel, while Tatiana stay in ice mode. They both want to fly in a free sky though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
Luscinia implied that there's not enough resources to sustain the old people on Earth and the relatively recent returnees so it's my thought that it would be retconned or else we'd see the Anatoray returnees have gotten caught up with the Ades Federation much faster or the Anatoray returnees were able to get wheat to grow somewhere else. The latter is far less likely in my opinion.
Considering Turan have returned 118 years ago, if there was such a lack of resources, it would be more common knowledge. Also, Lusciana used Turan as an example of what happen when you go against them. Take note that in this episode (6th) the other leaders claim Turan was foolish to stand against Ades, yet from Turan point-of-view that day was supposed to be about signing a peace treaty not getting destroyed.

Lusciana's speech at the time doesn't match the goal of the Federation. That's when you know something is fishy...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 19:22   Link #1084
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
It's very possible that it may be retconned. Augusta Sara seems to be really interested in making sure her people have wheat. Luscinia implied that there's not enough resources to sustain the old people on Earth and the relatively recent returnees so it's my thought that it would be retconned or else we'd see the Anatoray returnees have gotten caught up with the Ades Federation much faster or the Anatoray returnees were able to get wheat to grow somewhere else. The latter is far less likely in my opinion.
It's also possible Luscinia is making all that bullshit up, seeing as he didn't tell Augusta he was going to have their nobles executed. My guess is your theory that Anatoray found another place where wheat can grow is the most likely thing to happen.

I'll just wait till Hourglass tells me more detail.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:30   Link #1085
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, Luscinia hasn't shown the levels of dickery that Delphine showed in the first season, but the wholesale slaughter of dissidents under false pretenses shows that he's willing to do anything to get what he wants. Sara's reaction to learning about his methods (if and when it happens) will be interesting, to say the least.
Old 2011-11-21, 20:34   Link #1086
KoroshiyaX
X

I speculate that the stolen ships would be used more for covert missions than anything else, pretending to be the enemy, etc...

I suspect that Anatoray and Disith's original fleets are hiding somewhere. I always like a good fleet slugging battle.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:42   Link #1087
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
I suspect that Anatoray and Disith's original fleets are hiding somewhere. I always like a good fleet slugging battle.
The Exile can only carry two Claim Solais-type ships in its hold at a time. Even if we consider Prester's Exile doing multiple trips back and forth, the expatriates are still at a numerical disadvantage fleet wise. Also the Anatoray and Disith designs aren't exactly the most heavily-armored things in the sky when compared to the stuff flying around in Earth.
Old 2011-11-21, 21:37   Link #1088
TheKage

Anatoray's and Disith's ship designs were to combat each others' fleets. They have to refit their fleets to combat the stuff on Earth.

Augusta Sara has mentioned on more than one occasion (the two times we see her at work as the loli-Augusta) to make sure that the people who were driven from the lands when returnees came to make sure they had food and resources like wheat lands. It's also possible that the generals (or just Luscinia) misled her on that too...
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 22:07   Link #1089
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Anatoray's and Disith's ship designs were to combat each others' fleets. They have to refit their fleets to combat the stuff on Earth.
Could they perhaps have used Exile tech and remodeled their ships to travel through space? Because Silvius' design is something new to me, being an amphibious ship.
Old 2011-11-21, 23:36   Link #1090
Shadow X
Stargazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Could they perhaps have used Exile tech and remodeled their ships to travel through space? Because Silvius' design is something new to me, being an amphibious ship.
Doubt so, that will be a little too much imo.

Another possible reason why they want to steal the Ades warships may be because they want to know how to counter these warships (creating new tactics, upgrading the current Anatoray warships etc.) since I suppose it is just a matter of time before Ades engage with Anatoray in a battle.

Somehow, I have a feeling that the people of Disith may have merged with Anatoray.
Old 2011-11-21, 23:50   Link #1091
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Just finished episode 06 great episode as usual.

Spoiler for Thoughts on Episode 06:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I wonder if the Baroness would have given them her ship if she knew the punishment for 'supporting' Turan is death lol..
I get the impression she would have even if she knew. I kind of doubt that Ades would normally look kindly on gambling with warships normally anyway. I get the impression she really doesn't have any real loyalty to Ades, it just turned out submission was her only option at one point.

Quote:
Augusta Sara has mentioned on more than one occasion (the two times we see her at work as the loli-Augusta) to make sure that the people who were driven from the lands when returnees came to make sure they had food and resources like wheat lands. It's also possible that the generals (or just Luscinia) misled her on that too...
I do not think there has been any misunderstanding. Luscinia has said before the mass destruction of the returnees has been the goal all along. The other generals have go along with it so far because he is ordering it.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2011-11-22 at 00:06.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 00:19   Link #1092
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Oh certainly. While I'm sure some of them hold to the high ideals they supposedly espouse, I think it's a given that most, if not all, are more than willing to get their hands dirty to achieve it. You don't become a general otherwise, and I thought it was telling that they greatly insinuated that the demure Vasant was once quite the bloodthirsty conniver herself. It'll be interesting to see whether Luscinia has any of them in his confidence, or if he's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes that aren't members of the Guild. It's a certainty he's keeping our loli-empress out of the loop.

It's less certain how many of the Generals he's keeping in the dark. Since some of them, it seems, were conquered by Ades...then put into a position of power, I wouldn't be surprised if Luscinia has taken some of them into his confidence if it turns out he doesn't give a rat's arse about world peace, and it's all a smokescreen for something else.
Thats one of the things I realy want to find out about, how much the Generals know about his plans. Of course Luscinia wants peace... after everyone else is dead.

Quote:
What I'm most curious about after watching this episode is to find out how the Guild was downgraded to mere servants/bodyguards of the Ades Federation. It's a very different social relationship that we're used to seeing concerning the Guild from the first series. And, a bigger question: why just Ades?
Theory: Ades were able to overthrow the Guild and make them submit to their will and their will alone.

Quote:
Anyways, seems we'll be returning to some fleet battles next episode. Probably high time for Ades to strike at the Sky Pirates, considering how many supplies/ships they must have lost to them over the years, not even counting what Fam is currently stealing.

Oh, and Giselle may start to question why they are doing what they are doing, but I can't see it actually resulting in a whole lot. That said, my secret hope is that Fam/Giselle/Millia end up being their own faction that ends up in direct confrontation with BOTH Ades and Anatory, as I think it'd spice things up if our heroes from the previous series end up being antagonists down the road in this one.
I think Gisey is already starting to question why Fam should do such dangerous things. I agree I love your idea that it will turn out that Fam/Gisey/Millia will be their own faction. Actually I get the impression that they really are right now. They are using Anatory for their own purposes, and Anatory/Tatiana are doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Also, I think Gisey is showing a bit of unease at how much more love Fam is giving Millia right now. Love triangle!
Gisey really needs to follow Alister's advice, and tell Fam how she feels. Hoping that this will lead to some nice shipping development.

Still wanting Fam/Gisey/Millia to become cannon.
Old 2011-11-22, 00:40   Link #1093
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Meanwhile I sit here shipping Dio/Lucciola's ghost.

Quote:
Does anyone else maybe get the impression that she figured out the "pretty boy" with Fam was actually Princess Millia?
Oh I think she knew. The way she spoke to Millia directly about the word going around re: exiled Turanian government. And her words at the end about being okay with them getting away with the ship.

Quote:
I wonder, how many of Roshanak's pretty boys are actually "boys."
Looks like all of them to me. The first thing I did when they panned to the two sitting down was go OMG SHE HAS CROSSDRESSERS?

I actually loved the back and forth in this episode and how it really connected. At the start was Millia and Fam working on their goal, and the episode is them working toward it even more with the race. But at the same time, the repercussions of them sending out all of those fliers ended up in the slaughter at the end while they were at the race... So even while they're going, Luscinia is trying to cut them down when he gets any word or piece of information - to the point of what he did at the end with no solid proof.

Quote:
What I'm most curious about after watching this episode is to find out how the Guild was downgraded to mere servants/bodyguards of the Ades Federation. It's a very different social relationship that we're used to seeing concerning the Guild from the first series. And, a bigger question: why just Ades?
It almost seems to be like Ades in a way IS the Guild and those guys were just the same as the grunts we saw in the first series. Of course after 600 years they're not "the Guild" anymore, but they seem to have the same sort of organization. The creepy-looking killers obeying the orders of the (prettier because they're a main character) higher-up (which was Delphine in the first series).
Old 2011-11-22, 01:22   Link #1094
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
I think Gisey is already starting to question why Fam should do such dangerous things. I agree I love your idea that it will turn out that Fam/Gisey/Millia will be their own faction. Actually I get the impression that they really are right now. They are using Anatory for their own purposes, and Anatory/Tatiana are doing the same.
That is why I stated somewhere before: Turan is a government in exile that has four employees: The Queen is Millia, Fam is the Minister of Defense and Finance, Gisey is the Secretary while Teddy is the Prime Minister. XD

Quote:
Somehow, I have a feeling that the people of Disith may have merged with Anatoray.
Highly unlikely unless there had been negotiations, since they had been to war against each other. And those would have been announced at the beggining.... Or would be at the manga.

Quote:
Does anyone else maybe get the impression that she figured out the "pretty boy" with Fam was actually Princess Millia?
Yup.

Quote:
Looks like all of them to me. The first thing I did when they panned to the two sitting down was go OMG SHE HAS CROSSDRESSERS?
Oh? Those were cross-dressers?
Old 2011-11-22, 01:27   Link #1095
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
Meanwhile I sit here shipping Dio/Lucciola's ghost.
Not much of a yaoi fan, but I am too.

Quote:
Oh I think she knew. The way she spoke to Millia directly about the word going around re: exiled Turanian government. And her words at the end about being okay with them getting away with the ship.
Heh, I am glad I am not the only one.

Quote:
I am convinced at 100% of the pretty boys we saw there were reverse traps.

Quote:
I actually loved the back and forth in this episode and how it really connected. At the start was Millia and Fam working on their goal, and the episode is them working toward it even more with the race. But at the same time, the repercussions of them sending out all of those fliers ended up in the slaughter at the end while they were at the race... So even while they're going, Luscinia is trying to cut them down when he gets any word or piece of information - to the point of what he did at the end with no solid proof.
I think he used the charge of Treason to justify killing all those nobles. I do not think he actualy believed it. Still I realy did like the back and forth setting of this episode.

Quote:
It almost seems to be like Ades in a way IS the Guild and those guys were just the same as the grunts we saw in the first series. Of course after 600 years they're not "the Guild" anymore, but they seem to have the same sort of organization. The creepy-looking killers obeying the orders of the (prettier because they're a main character) higher-up (which was Delphine in the first series).
Like I said in a eailer post, I think sometime in the past Ades was able to bend the Guild to their will.
Old 2011-11-22, 01:33   Link #1096
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
That is why I stated somewhere before: Turan is a government in exile that has four employees: The Queen is Millia, Fam is the Minister of Defense and Finance, Gisey is the Secretary while Teddy is the Prime Minister. XD
Hah! Love that idea. By the way, I wonder how much of the Silvius Millia has taken over by now? Also when Fam and Millia where flying around, I wonder if the villia we saw below was the one Fam was originally suppose to take Millia too?

Quote:
Highly unlikely unless there had been negotiations, since they had been to war against each other. And those would have been announced at the beggining.... Or would be at the manga.
I don't know if Anatoray and Disith have actually merged yet, but they are at least close allies. It might all remain to bee seen.
Old 2011-11-22, 01:38   Link #1097
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The Exile can only carry two Claim Solais-type ships in its hold at a time. Even if we consider Prester's Exile doing multiple trips back and forth, the expatriates are still at a numerical disadvantage fleet wise. Also the Anatoray and Disith designs aren't exactly the most heavily-armored things in the sky when compared to the stuff flying around in Earth.
We can't a judgement on firepower without a common reference target.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 01:42   Link #1098
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Hah! Love that idea. By the way, I wonder how much of the Silvius Millia has taken over by now? Also when Fam and Millia where flying around, I wonder if the villia we saw below was the one Fam was originally suppose to take Millia too?
I think that's not the villia: It must be either another town, port or the Silvius' base. Remember that Luscinia somehow got hold onto a copy of the fliers?
Old 2011-11-22, 01:44   Link #1099
encia

Quote:
It depends on the applied material/applied science capabilities of Anatoray and co.

With our current level of science, we can't even construct our own biological machine i.e. treat all living organisms as advance machines.

Last edited by encia; 2011-11-22 at 02:00.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 03:16   Link #1100
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Not much of a yaoi fan, but I am too.
I'm not a big shipper period but there was something so heartwrenchy about how it ended for them (the flashbacks didn't help :P) which just. Blew up even more in Fam with the reference all this time later. But then again, as I've mentioned before I wasn't a big fan of how they handled any of Claus' relationships (save for Lavie) in terms of characterization, so Dio and Lucciola just seemed a lot more there and not out of the blue (hi Sophia making out with Claus). But then meanwhile I am shipping everything in Fam because of dis character development...

(it's also a fun contrast too because it's the guys in the first series I ship, and now the other side of the coin is just as cool)

Quote:
I am convinced at 100% of the pretty boys we saw there were reverse traps
Could be! I just kept staring like I CAN'T TELL!!! She did say cute boys, but ... my brain...

Quote:
I think he used the charge of Treason to justify killing all those nobles. I do not think he actualy believed it. Still I realy did like the back and forth setting of this episode.
Yeah, he did. Which is like. SIDE-EYE. Up until that part I was more for the idea of his past just messing with him and him not being that much of a douche. But after this ... it was really extreme what he did. So it's like eeeeeeven if they try to go for that view of him after this it'll be a little tougher to sympathize. Unless of course there's a twist within the twist.

Quote:
I don't know if Anatoray and Disith have actually merged yet, but they are at least close allies. It might all remain to bee seen.
It didn't seem like, even though Disith was still capable, that they were completely evenly tied with Anatoray. IMO their weather problems were worse than Anatoray, so that left them at a disadvantage and as the weaker of the two. So I wonder that as well-- if they merged or if Disith is either somewhere else, alongside them or something else entirely.

Tags
adventure, science fiction