AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 00:53   Link #3901
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It was completely over done, and pulled out every possible pity card it could, to the point of being absurd. If they had just kept it to her parents and uncle, it would have been fine, but no, they had to pull out a horrible orphanage, too, like it was some after-school cartoon. It's like the creator didn't even know what the answer was to the mystery behind her.
Because Higurashi is known for being reserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
I know. I know. We know if understanding is not the same as forgiving. Of course we know that their purpose is clear. But that makes me can not forgive them is they have no sense of remorse. As if pain, suffering and grief they experience, it was replaced with arrogance, selfishness, and excessive pride. Even their conscience as if sealed and their goal is to satisfy their desires. In a way, they forget themselves.
That's the thing with people like them. They have to lock away the grief and guilt or else it would be too much for them. It's a defense mechanism. They're also victims of the circumstances.
Old 2011-08-30, 00:56   Link #3902
Justin_Brett

And that approach didn't work out in its favor that time. Same with a lot of Umineko scenes: what should have been scary was just ridiculous or cheesy.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 01:13   Link #3903
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
That's the thing with people like them. They have to lock away the grief and guilt or else it would be too much for them. It's a defense mechanism. They're also victims of the circumstances.
It's no longer a defense mechanism, but the mechanism of mental and moral deterioration.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:14   Link #3904
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Umineko is just ridiculously convoluted. Higurashi actually makes sense.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:19   Link #3905
Justin_Brett

I didn't mean in terms of plot, just a lot of scenes that were hit or miss.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:32   Link #3906
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Timing always matter. And I will always use the Nakago example for how to badly do it, because really Watase Yuu? You've grown fond of his leather pants so you hastily added a sob story add the end without any foreshadowing? Yeah, putting sob stories only in the end is epic fail.

Quote:
Who said anything about justification? It's all about understanding.
I've been hearing that for a while. So let me ask you something: What should the Huckebein at the end? Should they go into villainous breakdown before being brought into prison a la Miyu? Or should they got power overload and do a last minute world-saving sacrifice as a form of redemption like Lucy?

What kind of ending (just generally; detailed description unnecessary since) would satisfy that a) They have a sucky past, and b)they've killed people unrelated to aforementioned suckiness? Because if you're answering with "they're cured, and now their going to be released just because their past is tragic and they've gotten befriended"...well, that doesn't cover b

Color me interested.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:36   Link #3907
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Personally I see them getting cured after helping to defeat the final boss and then flying off into parts unknown to live a quiet life of obscurity, never causing trouble again.

Of course everyone else would hate this ending.

The other possibility is that they'll end up like the Wolkenritter and the Numbers.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:47   Link #3908
Justin_Brett

Them not being in the story ever again? I'd LOVE that, man.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:49   Link #3909
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I figured the idea of them going free and not being punished for their crimes would piss people off.
Old 2011-08-30, 01:54   Link #3910
Justin_Brett

As long as they get beaten up sometime by someone, I could deal with that.
Old 2011-08-30, 02:09   Link #3911
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
then flying off into parts unknown to live a quiet life of obscurity, never causing trouble again.
That doesn't satisfy b at all, y'know. If you really believe that sympathetic != justified, then they must receive some form of punishment, because the murders they've committed were, as you admitted, understandable but unjustifiable.

To have them go scots-free would turn their (yet to be hinted) tragic backstory from a source of sympathy to a source of justification, which you claim isn't the case.
Old 2011-08-30, 02:24   Link #3912
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Wasn't particularly interested in fulfilling your requirements, I just said what kind of ending I foresaw. They'd still be considered fugitives, though.
Old 2011-08-30, 10:16   Link #3913
Dark Wing

I believe almost all of them will die except the loli...
Old 2011-08-30, 11:06   Link #3914
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I've been hearing that for a while. So let me ask you something: What should the Huckebein at the end? Should they go into villainous breakdown before being brought into prison a la Miyu? Or should they got power overload and do a last minute world-saving sacrifice as a form of redemption like Lucy?

What kind of ending (just generally; detailed description unnecessary since) would satisfy that a) They have a sucky past, and b)they've killed people unrelated to aforementioned suckiness? Because if you're answering with "they're cured, and now their going to be released just because their past is tragic and they've gotten befriended"...well, that doesn't cover b

Color me interested.
Let's face it, this is Nanoha. As long as they say they're sorry and will never do it again, B is going to be swept under the carpet no matter how often we debate how impossible that is.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:18   Link #3915
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Wasn't particularly interested in fulfilling your requirements, I just said what kind of ending I foresaw. They'd still be considered fugitives, though.
Yeah, well saying that they can go without any consequences whatsoever for their killings is what makes it difficult to believe that you guys actually do gave distinction between merely sympathetic and actually justifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Let's face it, this is Nanoha. As long as they say they're sorry and will never do it again, B is going to be swept under the carpet no matter how often we debate how impossible that is.
I've already realized that horrifying possibility the minute they showed the loli.
Old 2011-08-30, 11:36   Link #3916
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I've already realized that horrifying possibility the minute they showed the loli.
Not only the loli, Tsuzuki also allowed the Hucks to make funny faces. You can't be harshly punished if you make funny faces, i'ts a law of nature xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 14:53   Link #3917
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I thought that this might happen too, but seriously, what kind of excuse can get those people out of life imprisonment? I'd love to meet the lawyer that can get them off.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 15:06   Link #3918
Kuze

I hate making parallels like this, but the only "good end" I'd accept would be for them to disarm, and ask to be put down.

Not meant to be sad in the same way as Eins, but as a act of mercy. Not a happy scene, but one meant for final closure.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 15:53   Link #3919
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

That's like expecting the Smufs to execute Gargamel at the end of the movie. Ya know, for closure.
Old 2011-08-30, 16:01   Link #3920
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I also don't think the TSAB would execute the Hucks in a "Death Penalty" fashion. If some of them die i think it will be more because the hero in question has no other option, after all these guys are resilent to almost anything. you fight them with all you got or you simply die.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force