Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 06:45   Link #6461
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
He has 8 "hits received" already. Let's give him Steel Wall and beyond!
I gave him hit #11. Didn't get to see what that jealous idiot said as it's been mod removed.
Old 2013-05-15, 08:20   Link #6462
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

It will be good if they finally balance mm, cuz right now mm sux. u can even ask ES and pen about last night's run even tho pen was on a tier 9 and we tried the best we could playing as tier 8s but its crap players that can't hold their line.

I can see now why teru dislikes anything higher than tier 8..... but even tier 8 games will suck when everyone does what they want to do.

There was one game where i had trouble penning the chinese wz 111 and is 8 with my 155mm on th t30. it says green yet it bounces..... so i found sometime you can dmg even when it yellow orange if ur shot is lucky. quick shots work best at close quarters.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-05-15 at 08:57.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 09:23   Link #6463
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
It will be good if they finally balance mm, cuz right now mm sux. u can even ask ES and pen about last night's run even tho pen was on a tier 9 and we tried the best we could playing as tier 8s but its crap players that can't hold their line.

I can see now why teru dislikes anything higher than tier 8..... but even tier 8 games will suck when everyone does what they want to do.

There was one game where i had trouble penning the chinese wz 111 and is 8 with my 155mm on th t30. it says green yet it bounces..... so i found sometime you can dmg even when it yellow orange if ur shot is lucky. quick shots work best at close quarters.
Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid. '

And also, the penetration indicator calculates only the raw thickness, not slope. So that's why it shows green and won't pen. Sure, it's 100mm, but angled so that it's effectively 300mm? You ain't going through that unless you have a lucky roll.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 09:39   Link #6464
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.
Ha...

There was a Murovanka game yesterday where no one made any comments at the beginning, but once the score had gone deeply into the "curbstomp" range, someone said "But XVM said this team had a 75% chance of winning!" to which I answered "Stats don't replace brains."

I'm still relatively happy that I don't have any XVM stats monitoring installed (and, to answer one other concern, the latest version of Locastan's enhanced minimaps mod has the "last tank position" functionality running, even if you don't have XVM). I've seen quite a few allegedly-smart teams/players fumble around uselessly, or be so overconfident that they do stupid stuff; top this off with people who blindly follow the blue/purple guys and it gets ugly. I think I've done acceptably well looking at the overall situation and treating every tank as a threat.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 09:45   Link #6465
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I think the problem is xvm, ppl rely too much on stats to predict the outcome when it involves what tanks they use and how stupid the players are.

Mow they need to make mm better by placing players in at least a tier higher or lower in their own otherwise it will give ppl unbalanced games... some rare occasions they might give u an arty as ur highest tier player. I've been in games like that.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:06   Link #6466
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I'm going to have to disagree about XVM. Information is just that, information. If you personally feel that you will play worse with it installed, then fine, don't install it, but to make the case that more information (as long as it is not information overload, which it clearly isn't) is a bad thing is bizarre to me. It's one of the things I agree with the super-duper-unicum players about -- to purposely reduce your own strategic information is not a handicap that people will give you a gold star for.

That said, I don't have "overall win chance %" turned on, nor will I ever turn that on.

On another note: So happy with potential HEAT nerf and armor buffs.. will have to see how the penetration mechanics change but generally pretty damn excited!

Last edited by willx; 2013-05-15 at 12:58.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 13:10   Link #6467
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Thete is a thing called too much good isn't. and i never had xvm. Anyways knowing good player's stats can be a duble edge sword. over confidence will be ur down fall.
Old 2013-05-15, 13:29   Link #6468
willx
Nyaaan~~

Yes, "too much of a good thing isn't" -- but XVM is very little information. For that little to be information overload or induce overconfidence feels like it'd be a bit spastic.

Just saw this over on the wot forums, interesting back-and-forth from some super unicums. Good tips to live by.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....to-beyond/#top
Old 2013-05-15, 13:40   Link #6469
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Hahahahaha no.

Heavy tanks have better armor and superior firepower in general. Yes, this makes them the definite winners in one-on-one static engagements with mediums or lights. Note how I said "static", by which I mean "not moving".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
That's not what I was saying at all. I just want to be in a tank where I don't get one-shot by a heavy when I'm halfway across the map.
Heavy tanks work to an extent. Unfortunately, the Cold War era eventually becomes inevitable, and you will find most heavy tanks outclassed by a vast majority of mediums. They will neither have the firepower nor mobility to keep up.

Heavy tanks are indeed quite devastating up to certain tiers, but once you approach Tier 8, they begin to show their age and become nearly obsolete as soon as you hit Tier 9.

All Tier 10 mediums have equal to, or better pen & dps than tier 10 heavies, with very few exceptions. If 8.6's supertest stats are to be believed, T10 heavies will be nerfed even more in the firepower department. I now play the IS-7 for the fun of it, but I think it will be saved only as a last resort for tournaments & CW.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 14:23   Link #6470
Pen3

I just hope the heavy guns that are similar on TD variation does not get the nerf.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 14:23   Link #6471
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

anyways what i mean is you can still play a good game without xvm, which was the way i did it when i had less than 3000 battles, i kinda regret gettin over 7k battles now. i should have stayed around 4 or 5k, would make climbing up my WR better.
Old 2013-05-15, 14:50   Link #6472
Gravitas Free Zone

Another reason people make alt accounts... to pad their win rate once they know better.

So, people are speculating that this image means that the premium German Tier 10 TD will be coming out in July. Or to drink more Ovaltine.

HE/HEAT nerf: I wouldn't mind putting the 75mm back on my PzIV. The game at Tier 5 has limited interest when it devolves "Who can lay the reticle on the other guy first." There is still skill required for the Single Stroke Battle, but it doesn't breed good habits.

XVM: My opinion remains that far too many people just look at the win chance and decide that they're doomed so they give up, or that they're going to curbstomp and then slack off. I don't mind not knowing because it makes sure that I treat everyone equally... and fools with huge tanks and money can kill you in far more unpredictable ways.

M103: Survived the first game having only unlocked the first 120mm. Tank feels maneuverable enough with only the stock engine and tracks. As usual, I'm annoyed at the crappy stock radio range.
Old 2013-05-15, 14:57   Link #6473
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well i didn't have to use the stock radio, cuz i had it unlocked from previous tanks. and i agree xvm is a burdensome mod to install, i just play bare min info, and base my win on the player and tanks, see if they got good tanks and see if their good players judgin from their clan tag, but sometimes you can't trust clan tags.

we kill havok platoon with me ES and big mac or Pen, i forget..... anyways they died and and us 3 lived.
Old 2013-05-15, 14:59   Link #6474
Gravitas Free Zone

There was a Widepark game where the enemy purple platoon did almost nothing, and an Abbey game where our purple platoon screwed around too much and we were capped out.
Old 2013-05-15, 17:31   Link #6475
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

My crew on the E5 is the most experienced crew, its got 90% on the 2nd perks so in a few more days i think i will have my 3rd perk, or maybe in a couple weeks cuz i start my job on Monday, I won't be playing less and less..... anyways i might be on friday nights and saturday nights and sundays.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-05-15 at 19:28.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 21:42   Link #6476
Gravitas Free Zone

Unconfirmed: EU may ban the last known position map feature.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...3#entry4777963
Old 2013-05-15, 22:39   Link #6477
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Mow Mow got interviewed.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....yer-interview/

Last edited by Kimidori; 2013-05-16 at 00:24.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 23:14   Link #6478
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Well, I managed to play a whole two games before my roommate started streaming movies. Ah well.
Old 2013-05-16, 00:28   Link #6479
Gravitas Free Zone

Some of my recent amusements:

Images
The tank that gets no respect versus the tank that no one likes.

Images
Okay, so I don't doubt the moneymaking potential of a Super Pershing.

Images
I think that's illegal.

Images
Ambitious, aren't you?
Old 2013-05-16, 03:19   Link #6480
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

So hey guys, you know those times where you hop in an SPG and can't hit anything then you either get counter-arty'd or flanked by a light tank?

Well, this wasn't one of those times.
Spoiler for Yeah, I can't believe they stood still this much, either.:

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks