AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 12:22   Link #7441
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I've noticed one thing that World of Tanks and War Thunder seem to have in common.

RUSSIAN BIAS!
Old 2013-06-19, 12:32   Link #7442
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Not surprising, as they are both... uh... Russian companies.

Even though WarThunder is developed by a company with a Japanese name, Gaijin...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 12:42   Link #7443
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The game feels....weird since the patch hit like they have added some camera bob or something. I'm also sometimes getting a weird jerky movement almost like lag accept with a ping below 40.

That said I like the new sound effects...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 13:06   Link #7444
Gravitas Free Zone

Turn off the dynamic camera setting?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 13:14   Link #7445
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've tried that already but to no avail so I don't think the jerkiness is related to the camera, its not constant either and just seems to come and go but my ping always seems stable.

Strange, maybe server side ?

Anyway in other news I'm finally starting to clear the red out a bit now.

Old 2013-06-19, 13:14   Link #7446
Tak

Hmm, reading over the 8.6 patch again... its really making Cold War era MBTs shine. I do not believe this is a pure coincidence...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-19, 13:24   Link #7447
Sumeragi
Banned

In what way, Tak?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 13:26   Link #7448
Tak

Eh, MBTs had always been better damage dealers. The 8.6 nerf of heavy tank pen easily makes me desire more MBTs.

Of course, unless WoT's alleged future patch to rebalance armor makes a difference.

- Tak

Old 2013-06-19, 13:27   Link #7449
Sumeragi
Banned

Except.... those MBTs use APCR as their standard round, and those have a normalization nerf. It's even worse than the simple penetration nerf of the heavies.
Old 2013-06-19, 13:31   Link #7450
Tak

Hmm, reading the TLDR patch notes, I know premium HEAT rounds are getting nerfed, but I am not seeing anything about APCR getting a normalization nerf. Unless I missed it.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it... a very small fine print. Well played, WG, well played.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2013-06-19 at 13:42.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:16   Link #7451
Blaat

I really like the critical hit/critical damage sound effect, along with seeing the modules you have damaged in the post match screen.

Some of the other sound effects will take a while to get used every time I get hit in the BDR G1B it sounds like the entire thing is about to fall apart.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:50   Link #7452
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I really like the critical hit/critical damage sound effect, along with seeing the modules you have damaged in the post match screen.
How lucky of you people. In spanish there's no sound that tells you that you did a critical hit against an enemy tank, so the only clue to get it is to have a commander with eagle eye.

Also... buy the Bison, Grille and Sturmpanzer 2 before the patch. You could get between 70k-100k on credits refund with the tier normalization when the patch goes live. As well better to sell the Priest before the patch because it's get moved to tier 3, and / or buy a M37 cause it get moved to tier 4.

Also, no tanks for me until tomorrow or friday. No money to pay the internet bill right now.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 15:50   Link #7453
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Also... buy the Bison, Grille and Sturmpanzer 2 before the patch. You could get between 70k-100k on credits refund with the tier normalization when the patch goes live. As well better to sell the Priest before the patch because it's get moved to tier 3, and / or buy a M37 cause it get moved to tier 4.
For each or all of them (70k-100k credit refund)?
Old 2013-06-19, 17:57   Link #7454
Gravitas Free Zone

Bug in EU, hopefully will be fixed by the time 8.6 rolls to NA: Artillery numbers not always even on each team. Hilarious at Tier 10.
Old 2013-06-19, 18:01   Link #7455
Tak

I been reading reports about MM being excessively drunk on the EU servers. The results are horrible.

I dread the coming of 8.6... I really do. WoT outdid itself this time.

- Tak

Old 2013-06-19, 18:31   Link #7456
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The MM really need tightening up, theres only so many matches 2 tiers up that I can take in and its been getting worse lately and I remember me and blaat went nearly an entire evening without getting any same tier matches.

Having matches 2 tiers up occasionally I can deal with but 7 out of 10 matches is a bit excessive.

Old 2013-06-19, 18:43   Link #7457
Sumeragi
Banned

Old 2013-06-19, 20:32   Link #7458
Gravitas Free Zone

Saw another note suggesting that 8.6 will hit NA next Tuesday... it's funny how WG makes me appreciate Valve Time.

But yeah, maybe they'll sort out the Tier 10 arty = Tier 10 heavy in MM in the meantime.
Old 2013-06-19, 20:38   Link #7459
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The MM really need tightening up, theres only so many matches 2 tiers up that I can take in and its been getting worse lately and I remember me and blaat went nearly an entire evening without getting any same tier matches.

Having matches 2 tiers up occasionally I can deal with but 7 out of 10 matches is a bit excessive.
You miss the good old days when tier 6's would see tier 10s all the time

Back then it would be a great matchup if you were "only" 2 tiers down from the highest tier tank :P
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 21:26   Link #7460
Gravitas Free Zone

My streak of consecutive shots fired with no misses has ended at 65.

The tank that has that record? The T-44 with the LB-1.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks