AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-31, 18:17   Link #1061
Top Sergeant

I could see the US asking for permission for a small unit of Rangers or SF to enter, or perhaps a handful of observers. However if Japan refused Gate access to Battalion and larger units, then aside from serious threats or outright coercion I don't think the US could get them through. Talk about a tenuous supply line! Just my $.02.

I am interested in seeing where the author goes from here. Itami has been pretty laid back, although he has certainly demonstrated he was paying attention in tactics class, and he seems to be level headed and make good tactical decision quickly. That is usually a good combination in a military leader. His subordinates all seem sharp and professional too. IIRC he was heeding advice from his senior NCO, wasn't he? (Its been a few chapters!) That is always a good sign in a young officer.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 05:24   Link #1062
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I could see the US asking for permission for a small unit of Rangers or SF to enter, or perhaps a handful of observers. However if Japan refused Gate access to Battalion and larger units, then aside from serious threats or outright coercion I don't think the US could get them through. Talk about a tenuous supply line! Just my $.02.

I am interested in seeing where the author goes from here. Itami has been pretty laid back, although he has certainly demonstrated he was paying attention in tactics class, and he seems to be level headed and make good tactical decision quickly. That is usually a good combination in a military leader. His subordinates all seem sharp and professional too. IIRC he was heeding advice from his senior NCO, wasn't he? (Its been a few chapters!) That is always a good sign in a young officer.
well the SIA operative did acknowledge his skills and that weird ass ability of being the slacker.
Old 2014-02-02, 15:28   Link #1063
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
source? like in the end of book 10? that would be good news. (any hint of story direction?)
Just got my copy of volume 5-1 and 5-2, so I confirmed it.
It's in the atogaki of 5-1 (book 9)

Per author after these two final volumes, the story heads to several gaiden books, then to Second Season.
No details on what to expect in the 2nd parts, and not even any info on whether or not the gaidens will be published in light novel format. (since he even says if you want to read the gaiden, buy the already published novel format...)

I'm gonna give alphapolis a few month to see if gaidens are going to be planned, and if not, just gonna buy the original format novels for it.
Old 2014-02-05, 20:31   Link #1064
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

You know what i just realized that the logistics for using this gate must be a headache for all party involved. I mean the gate itself is located in ginza and considering existing infrastructure it is one of the most congested traffic areas in japan. the novel mentions the gate as being relatively small that a single modern MBT can just about squeeze through. This here is a time consuming logistical nightmare for getting troops and equipment into the other side. It would literally take days to move a brigade BG through a corridor that small, and the supplies needed to keep that BG combat capable is going to be time consuming on a daily basis. Large equipments like jets and transport planes will have to be disassembled and driven in by trucks further complicating issues. and i m sure you can imagine the logistical problem it would cause to have to move that much military asset through a living bustling city on a daily basis.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 22:14   Link #1065
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
You know what i just realized that the logistics for using this gate must be a headache for all party involved. I mean the gate itself is located in ginza and considering existing infrastructure it is one of the most congested traffic areas in japan. the novel mentions the gate as being relatively small that a single modern MBT can just about squeeze through. This here is a time consuming logistical nightmare for getting troops and equipment into the other side. It would literally take days to move a brigade BG through a corridor that small, and the supplies needed to keep that BG combat capable is going to be time consuming on a daily basis. Large equipments like jets and transport planes will have to be disassembled and driven in by trucks further complicating issues. and i m sure you can imagine the logistical problem it would cause to have to move that much military asset through a living bustling city on a daily basis.
And some politicians and other countries want to plunder the resources of the other world and expect it to come out the gate like a hose. The gate like you said is a bottleneck. And the most ridiculous idea is sending half of China's population to the other world. Imagine the logistical and infrastructure nightmare to transport and immigrate 600 million people from China to Japan and thru the gate...
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 00:05   Link #1066
Znail

While there is still a lot of Chineese people so isn't it a major problem anymore. They solved it with draconian birth control and are now in a major economic boom due to that. Places like Aftica and India has larger issues with overpopulation, but it's still a case of ignorace and over breeding, rather then a geographic one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
I'm not inferring that the United States is going to attack Japan; I have just been noting that in reality, the JSDF wouldn't have been the only ones that went through the gate. Under existing treaty, nothing would have stopped the United States from deploying along side with the JSDF in the initial incursion through the gate, back when they were unsure what was really on the other side, nor would it have stop the US from establishing at least a minor observation force along side the JSDF expeditionary force.

Even afterwards, there is plenty of precedence for the United States to deploy across the gate without resorting to overt coercion, even if Japan wanted to keep the land across the gate to itself. Right now, Japan is using her treaty with the United States to get the US fleet to interfere in their island debacle with China; such things could go both ways. However, the author is admittedly and understandably rather Japancentric; such things would be a lot more complex in reality.
I am pretty sure that the defence treaty involves US troops deploying at the request of the Japanese goverment, not US troops deploying when they feel like it in Japanese cities. That would make the US troops an occupying force, if it could do what it wanted against the local goverments wishes. There is most likely some self defence paragraph in there, but I doubt anyone would agree with some medival forces in ginza being an actual threat to the US troops far away.

Last edited by Znail; 2014-02-09 at 00:18.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 08:49   Link #1067
Kamui04

Well ch. 33 scanlations are out now and ch. 34 raws should be out on Feb. 28th. I'm guessing dragonsense's two deleted post were about that? But really how many times do people need to be told that currently the manga comes out monthly on the last day of each month. As for the scanlations they don't have any fixed date, it's up to the translators/scanlators when it's ready.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2014-02-16 at 09:17. Reason: grammar
Old 2014-02-16, 09:05   Link #1068
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Actually the user kept asking for raws which was why it was deleted by the mods.
Old 2014-02-16, 09:21   Link #1069
Kamui04

Umm so the quake was a 3-4 on the Shindo scale (the one used in Japan) which measures how it's felt unlike the magnitude/richter which measure energy released. No direct conversion chart, but from some reading it seems to be in the ballpark of M4-6... Itami and Sugawara are non-chalantly talking about epicenter and magnitude. Guess they're pretty used to quakes of that magnitude. I guess I'd act the same in that situation since I'm used to earthquakes too.

As for the emperor, it's already been previously discussed here or somewhere else that he knew Japan had an emperor, most likely information from his recon/scouts. But since the japanese emperor's sovereignty was stripped by his people he didn't need to fear such a 'weak' country, lol.
Old 2014-02-16, 10:26   Link #1070
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i read the scanlations from a group with an unfortunate name.

So i finally get to read the chapter. So the Emperor thought because Japan was a Constitutional Monarchy, it was weak. A he got a nasty surprise for that.

The prince is such a bastard on how he treated his sex slaves. He drags them like they were his toys.

And we also found out of the Japanese girl who was captured during the attack at Ginza, Noriko.
Old 2014-02-16, 12:17   Link #1071
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So i read the scanlations from a group with an unfortunate name.

So i finally get to read the chapter. So the Emperor thought because Japan was a Constitutional Monarchy, it was weak. A he got a nasty surprise for that.

The prince is such a bastard on how he treated his sex slaves. He drags them like they were his toys.

And we also found out of the Japanese girl who was captured during the attack at Ginza, Noriko.
And she's one of the surviving from a bunch the Empire kidnapped. So there were other less lucky or luckier however you want to interpret that.

Spoiler for Some spoilers about her from reading the JP wiki:
Old 2014-02-16, 12:32   Link #1072
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

....just read 33, wasnt the girl the one who punched him in the novel? i saw an illustration before for it.
Anyway they better not leave her with them next chapter
Old 2014-02-16, 18:55   Link #1073
John117xCortana

Actually if my memory is right she was ordered to interrogate him.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 23:14   Link #1074
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Actually if my memory is right she was ordered to interrogate him.
interrogate who?
Old 2014-02-16, 23:36   Link #1075
Pesti13nce

I hope that prince gets disemboweled Braveheart style. To think one waste of sprem is going to undo all the work his sister did in trying to work with Japan.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 01:08   Link #1076
Velsy

Well even tho this will cause major diplomatic problems, I kinda liked how Itami just snapped and hit him one. Shame Rori isnt around, I am sure she'd get high seeing Itami like that O_o

*edit*

The king also seemed alot more welcoming than I thought he would be?

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2014-02-17 at 03:07.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 05:46   Link #1077
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
The king also seemed alot more welcoming than I thought he would be?
Check again, for as long as I can't remember the king hasn't been welcoming at all to the people from the other world; he even stated some chapters ago that he was relying on his stupid son to somehow hamper the peace talks with Japan.
Old 2014-02-17, 05:58   Link #1078
Breimoon

more than welcoming it is more that he has now learned japan's military strenght so he does not want to risk more than necessary
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 06:27   Link #1079
SineMora
Wait for it...

Crush him under the threads of our tanks in the palace in front of everyone!!!
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 09:27   Link #1080
John117xCortana

Judging the military strength of a nation he knows nothing about just from the fact that The Emperor of Japan isn't really in charge of the nation is.....well foolish.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction