AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-24, 11:30   Link #9221
Homura7

I wouldn't call Bulat and Suu deaths horrible. Even Scheele who had her body ripped in half died with a smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Something big could actually be one of the generals dying, as this whole arc has been about how those two are holding the Empire together.

Just saying.

And if you don't think Budou will die, what about Esdeath?
Good question. The answer would as well be the same as with Budou. But of course, which death would deal a major blow to the Empire? A General that has been in the shadows for most of the plot and just recently decided to enter action, or the strongest in the Capital whose strength alone would be more than enough to trample the advancements of the Revolutionaries. What would make things more interesting than the PM's life at the hands of someone who wants him dead once this is all over, that would likely force him to enact his plan with the alchemist Dorothea and bring out the Ultimate Teigu as a last, desperate resort.

I think the answer to that should be obvious. Now the problem is how you can make that happen, considering who Esdeath is.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 11:35   Link #9222
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Good question. The answer would as well be the same as with Budou. But of course, which death would deal a major blow to the Empire? A General that has been in the shadows for most of the plott and just recently decided to enter action, or the strongest in the Capital whose strength alone would be more than enough to trample the advancements of the Revolutionaries. What would make things more interesting than the PM's life at the hands of someone who wants him dead once this is all over, that would likely force him to enact his plan with the alchemist Dorothea and bring out the Ultimate Teigu.

I think the answer to that should be obvious. Now the problem is how you can make that happen, considering who Esdeath is.
While I think Esdeath would make more sense to kill off as well and Budou is more exciting to keep around, but at the same time she has been the arch nemesis of Night Raid.

I am firmly convinced one of the generals will die in this fight, as it would set in motion the beginning of the collapse of the Empire, but I am completely divided on which one it will be.

I could make an argument for either of them.

Edit: Here is an idea, Najenda is planning to suicide herself and take Esdeath out with her, Najenda is slowly dying and she has been grooming Akame to replace her as leader, and I think she would view it as a victory if they rescue someone with General level potential and take out one of the generals.

And she wouldn't tell anyone because she knows they wouldn't go with it.

Quote:
I wouldn't call Bulat and Suu deaths horrible. Even Scheele who had her body ripped in half died with a smile.
But in comparison to other manga, Scheele's death was horrific. My point is that optimistic manga don't kill off half of the main cast and they don't have children raped.

Last edited by saw2097; 2014-12-24 at 11:56.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 11:38   Link #9223
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
... Akame ga Kill.
Which is not an optimistic manga at all. Berserk I haven't read but from the few chapters that I actually read it's the polar opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
WH were made for fanservice, notice how the rapist died but the killers didn't(Dolo and Izou). Champ was irrelevant like Ran, Enshin was a pirate maybe he and Wave encountered each other? Nah kill him off, some other chick is suffering from retardation, Syura had his own poster with Wave,Kurolame,Weakame and Tatsumi facing him as if he's the main villain of this arc...nah lol kill him off cuz he rape people.

Izou will probably get a cheap death and Dolo will suffer the same fate. 4 WH members were a waste of potential. Never thought wasted potential count would surpass Jeagers but the author out did himself.
Kurome and Ran are hardly irrelevant. Izou has shown to be an alright character when he praised Rabac. Cosmeena is just as much a rapist as the others but hasn't died. Syura indeed was the main antagonist of the WH arc.

AgK isn't the greatest manga when it comes to story telling but your personal distaste of characters clouds your judgement.

The only character that irritates me is Wave, who seems to be a decent person but blatantly ignores all the empire's wrongdoings. Even Budou who defends the empire until death wants to clean it up.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 11:51   Link #9224
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, that stuff JUST happened right before this Execution Ceremony. It'd be unrealistic for anything to have come of that in the course of 2-3 days.
Very true. I'm not knocking the pacing, except that I'm not really sure what the point was of introducing the Prime Minister's son and his group, or the religious group for that matter. They seemed like side elements, much like Esdeath's group seems to be now.

It's a bit like how the title of the story names Akame, yet you don't really learn anything about her. Heck, I know more about Esdeath than I do Mine. That you need to read another manga just to learn about the title character seems odd.

*shrugs* Honestly I'm just reading this because the action is good. The plot....yeah. It's forgettable. There's nothing wrong with that, I think.
Old 2014-12-24, 12:03   Link #9225
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Very true. I'm not knocking the pacing, except that I'm not really sure what the point was of introducing the Prime Minister's son and his group, or the religious group for that matter. They seemed like side elements, much like Esdeath's group seems to be now.
Syura served his purpose. He was never meant to be an action oriented character but a strategyst. He caused many atrocities within the Capital that made others like Wave and Kurome question their loyalty to the Empire. And last but not least, he brought with him a group whose 3 remaining members are true monsters with interesting backgrounds.

Wave and Kurome will get their time to shine very soon, now we are approaching the climax.

Quote:
It's a bit like how the title of the story names Akame, yet you don't really learn anything about her. Heck, I know more about Esdeath than I do Mine. That you need to read another manga just to learn about the title character seems odd.
Originally this manga was supposed to be called "Night Raid", that's why. But advertising works better with an assassin woman dressed in college clothes

Quote:
*shrugs* Honestly I'm just reading this because the action is good. The plot....yeah. It's forgettable. There's nothing wrong with that, I think.
The action may be awesome, but the plot is the main reason I started to read this manga in the first place. I think the misson basis worked really well. It doesn't need to be the best, just make it simple and easy to follow. Personally I think overall the plot is very good, I don't need it to be anything extraordinary to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The only character that irritates me is Wave, who seems to be a decent person but blatantly ignores all the empire's wrongdoings. Even Budou who defends the empire until death wants to clean it up.
Budou is a top General, his authority is irrefutable. What can an underling of another General do in this situation. Wave shouln't be blamed for his reluctant acceptance of the state the Empire is.
Old 2014-12-24, 12:10   Link #9226
Tenzen12

Quote:
And this manga is listed as a tragedy.

Half of the cast is already killed off, and they died horribly.

You are simply making excuses that you don't even believe at this point.
I already said, that's not important part. Yeah people dies when they are killed, but important is for WHAT they died and HOW they lived.

Ps: honest advice, "listed as tragedy" was never argument. It's just tag completely unrelated to author or anyone who has anything to say on that metter. It's just saying " there is some guy out there who think so". Putting aside AkG, for your own good don't use that in discussion.
Old 2014-12-24, 12:11   Link #9227
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I already said, that's not important part. Yeah people dies when. They are killed, but important is for they died and how they lived.

Ps: honest advice, "listed as tragedy" was never argument. It's just tag completely unrelated to author or anyone who has anything to say on that metter. It's just saying " there is some guy out there who think so". Putting aside AkG, for your own good don't use that in discussion.
Every site that lists this manga, lists it as a tragedy, meaning everyone but you thinks its a tragedy.

Your grasping at straws at this point.
Old 2014-12-24, 12:32   Link #9228
Tenzen12

That wasn't argument, but advice. If you don't feel like listening, it's not my responsibility.
Old 2014-12-24, 12:58   Link #9229
Homura7

Quote:
Edit: Here is an idea, Najenda is planning to suicide herself and take Esdeath out with her, Najenda is slowly dying and she has been grooming Akame to replace her as leader, and I think she would view it as a victory if they rescue someone with General level potential and take out one of the generals.

And she wouldn't tell anyone because she knows they wouldn't go with it.
It feels like you're reading my minds, because I had those exact same thoughts. As soon as Akame said Najenda was coming with some danger beasts I had the slight suspicion that wasn't all there's to it, and of course, a few strong danger beasts aren't enough to throw an Empire in disarray.

Last edited by Homura7; 2014-12-24 at 13:13.
Old 2014-12-24, 13:00   Link #9230
Juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Kurome and Ran are hardly irrelevant.
Rans purpose was to kill a clown. <.<
Quote:
Izou has shown to be an alright character when he praised Rabac.
How does praising someone make their character alright? This makes no sense.
Quote:
Cosmeena is just as much a rapist as the others but hasn't died.
She's pretty much a retarded fodder at this point. She's as good as dead.
Quote:
Syura indeed was the main antagonist of the WH arc.
Well he Jobtastically done a good job of fulfilling that roll.
Quote:
AgK isn't the greatest manga when it comes to story telling but your personal distaste of characters clouds your judgement.
Eleborate on my personal distaste to characters, cause a lot of them are dying left and right so they leave no impression on me nor do they have a significant roll in the story.
Quote:
Who likes a jobber anyway.. -_-
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 13:16   Link #9231
Tenzen12

Quote:
It feels like you're reading my minds, because I had those exact same thoughts. As soon as Akame said Najenda was coming with some danger beasts I had the slight suspicion that wasn't all there's to it, and of course, a few strong danger beasts aren't enough to throw an Empire in disarray.
Oh I didn't noticed that edit, while I disagree with Saw about pretty much everything he said, this scenario would indeed work if written well enough.
Old 2014-12-24, 13:16   Link #9232
saw2097

Quote:
It feels like you're reading my minds, because I had those exact same thoughts. As soon as Akame said Najenda was coming with some danger beasts I had the slight suspicion that wasn't all there's to it, and of course, a few strong danger beasts to throw an Empire in disarray.
I am starting to think it makes the most sense.

Najenda has always been Esdeath's counterpart, they have a long standing grudge against each other.

It makes sense that they take each other out.

Also the author wouldn't be hiding Najenda's activities if he wasn't planning a twist with her.

I also have a theory that if Budou survives he will have a sense of respect for Tatsumi and they will have a rematch of some sorts, sort of as a worthy opponent thing.

Last edited by saw2097; 2014-12-24 at 13:34.
Old 2014-12-24, 17:46   Link #9233
Secori

I wonder how the author will make Esdeath feel when Tatsumi and Mine both escape. We know both of them are boyfriend and girlfriend and live together what kind of jealous reaction will author shows us with Esdeath. Will he shows us Esdeath being super jealous and pissed? or simply not caring.
Secori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 18:29   Link #9234
Homura7

More like she'll feel betrayed, even though Tatsumi never belonged to her in first place.

Quote:
I also have a theory that if Budou survives he will have a sense of respect for Tatsumi and they will have a rematch of some sorts, sort of as a worthy opponent thing.
And here I was thinking I was the only one who thought about this. Not only I expect Budou to respect Tatsumi after this fight, if he survives; in the end I think Budou will side with NR once he comes to the realization destroying the Empire is the only way. Especially when the PM brings out the ultimate teigu that will likely put the entire capital in great peril. Najenda might be able to convince him, since they know each other well.
Old 2014-12-24, 21:56   Link #9235
saw2097

Quote:
More like she'll feel betrayed, even though Tatsumi never belonged to her in first place.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who thought about this. Not only I expect Budou to respect Tatsumi after this fight, if he survives; in the end I think Budou will side with NR once he comes to the realization destroying the Empire is the only way. Especially when the PM brings out the ultimate teigu that will likely put the entire capital in great peril. Najenda might be able to convince him, since they know each other well.
I think that if he does turn at the eleventh hour it will be Tatsumi who convinces him, because both of them are similar in that they both are idealists and don't hesitate to kill those who violate those ideals.

Also because I think Tatsumi will fight him again in the final arc during the attack on the capital, assuming Budou survives, I think it would make more sense for Tatsumi to convert him as we already saw them discussing the issue when Tatsumi was tied to the cross.

Also I think Najenda won't live long enough to the final battle, even if she survives this fight, I don't think she will live to see the attack on the capital.

Oh and Happy Holidays everyone.

Last edited by saw2097; 2014-12-24 at 22:26.
Old 2014-12-25, 05:54   Link #9236
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalZel View Post
I still think somebody is going to die here, this fight is too big for it not to happen. Either Budou will die, a NR member will die, or Budou+ a NR will die. I can't even recall the last time NR did a major mission and didn't suffer a casualty
Wouldn't it be a bigger surprise if no one died in this arc at all. From the start of this fight, people have been speculating who will die, i think the surprise now would be greater if no one dies.

And this really isn't a major mission like a mission assassinating Budo and Esdeath, just a simple rescue and run away mission. This type of mission usually focuses more on surviving than attacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secori View Post
I wonder how the author will make Esdeath feel when Tatsumi and Mine both escape. We know both of them are boyfriend and girlfriend and live together what kind of jealous reaction will author shows us with Esdeath. Will he shows us Esdeath being super jealous and pissed? or simply not caring.
Esdeath probably would just wait till the next time she can fight them. I think Esdeath is more interested in fighting Tatsumi at the moment after all.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 08:26   Link #9237
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Wouldn't it be a bigger surprise if no one died in this arc at all. From the start of this fight, people have been speculating who will die, i think the surprise now would be greater if no one dies.

And this really isn't a major mission like a mission assassinating Budo and Esdeath, just a simple rescue and run away mission. This type of mission usually focuses more on surviving than attacking.

Esdeath probably would just wait till the next time she can fight them. I think Esdeath is more interested in fighting Tatsumi at the moment after all.
Its never that simple, if it was going to be so easy as grabbing Tatsumi and running away the fight would have been over in one or two chapters, the fact that he is taking this long means he intends for something critical to happen during the fight.

Also he wouldn't have given away the final phase of the plan before the ending of the fight, if nothing was going to go wrong with it, no author does that as it would be the same as revealing how a book ends to the audience before getting there and would make the fight anti climatic, so either something will go wrong during the final stage of the plan or Najenda is planning something she hasn't told the others.
Old 2014-12-25, 09:23   Link #9238
B214

Quote:
Its never that simple, if it was going to be so easy as grabbing Tatsumi and running away the fight would have been over in one or two chapters, the fact that he is taking this long means he intends for something critical to happen during the fight.

Also he wouldn't have given away the final phase of the plan before the ending of the fight, if nothing was going to go wrong with it, no author does that as it would be the same as revealing how a book ends to the audience before getting there and would make the fight anti climatic, so either something will go wrong during the final stage of the plan or Najenda is planning something she hasn't told the others.
I never said it'll be a simple just grab and go. I said it's just a simple rescue mission, meaning a mission that focuses on rescuing rather than assassinating.

As to the fight issue. I believe too many people are being clouded by the anime to the point where they feel that Budo must die in this fight. There are even people calling Budo a jobber even when Budo is proving he's not. I don't mind discussion but when it becomes like what it has been right now over the issue where someone must die thing, i feel like it goes out of control. Rather than discussing about a chapter or event, it becomes more like a demand that this must happen.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 11:11   Link #9239
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I never said it'll be a simple just grab and go. I said it's just a simple rescue mission, meaning a mission that focuses on rescuing rather than assassinating.

As to the fight issue. I believe too many people are being clouded by the anime to the point where they feel that Budo must die in this fight. There are even people calling Budo a jobber even when Budo is proving he's not. I don't mind discussion but when it becomes like what it has been right now over the issue where someone must die thing, i feel like it goes out of control. Rather than discussing about a chapter or event, it becomes more like a demand that this must happen.
Its a manga about death, what kind of discussions were you expecting to happen, that's like watching Game of Thrones and not expecting people to discuss who will die next.
Old 2014-12-25, 11:40   Link #9240
Tenryu
天龍
*Artist

Well the tragedy tag isn't just for looks lol

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!