Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-30, 12:53   Link #81
Valky
Radioactive

Even Meteor Strike? That guy is basically a god. lol
Old 2014-08-30, 12:57   Link #82
bakato

I'd normally be the last person to call this, but I'm gonna say it right now. This guy's a Gary Stu.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 22:26   Link #83
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I'd normally be the last person to call this, but I'm gonna say it right now. This guy's a Gary Stu.
Why? He trained like a madman through his childhood, faced tradegy with the death of his childhood friend at the hands of his own weakness, and he is far from invincible with at least 3 character that could challenge him. Nor do all the women flock to him for no reason, several of those around him like the knight assistant and his other underling try to keep him in place and don't drool over him.

Seems if in a harem, a MC is not spineless, its fashionable to call them a gary/mary/god mode sue.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 22:44   Link #84
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Why? He trained like a madman through his childhood, faced tradegy with the death of his childhood friend at the hands of his own weakness, and he is far from invincible with at least 3 character that could challenge him. Nor do all the women flock to him for no reason, several of those around him like the knight assistant and his other underling try to keep him in place and don't drool over him.

Seems if in a harem, a MC is not spineless, its fashionable to call them a gary/mary/god mode sue.
How many times has he actually been outwitted or beaten? Every time a villain comes along, Rain is always two steps ahead, never panicking and always knowing what's going on. This chapter was a classic example. The villains came, pulled their special moves, and Rain easily beats them and even reverses their spells.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 23:01   Link #85
gunner56

In case if anyone forgot what the LN covers were like.

Spoiler for Volume 5:
Old 2014-08-30, 23:35   Link #86
Pierre

Quote:
How many times has he actually been outwitted or beaten? Every time a villain comes along, Rain is always two steps ahead, never panicking and always knowing what's going on. This chapter was a classic example. The villains came, pulled their special moves, and Rain easily beats them and even reverses their spells.
First fight between Rain and King Legyn. If it wasn't for her power or the coin, he would have basically got the princess stolen from him right off the bat.

Hawk arguably only lost because he was old.

He basically lost to Silva.
Old 2014-08-30, 23:39   Link #87
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
That's called "using the brain". Just look at how many times people tried to kill/abduct Little One, they went as far as invading Rain's castle and kill some guards. Then we have an open tournament where the Queen is there completely exposed to danger. Had Rain not anticipated that there would be some kind of attempt, you could very well call him retarded instead of Gary Stu.

EDIT: Only saw that chapter 46 was out just now, that was some really badass spell hehe. Ahh Sylvia is so cute <3 Just hope she won't be appearing for only a short while.

Last edited by Ophis; 2014-08-31 at 01:18.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 14:05   Link #88
DarkSilverSky

Quote:
Lol, he has tons of life experience, altough we don't know all of it. He should be used to being betrayed and backstabbed. It is also mentioned he has tons of people spying for him, so obviously he can be two steps ahead.
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 03:04   Link #89
Takatathien

Ok, I want some spoiler regarding the Light novel. If anyone has finished it, please tell me who end up with Rain.
Takatathien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 04:15   Link #90
chaosbeowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
That's called "using the brain". Just look at how many times people tried to kill/abduct Little One, they went as far as invading Rain's castle and kill some guards. Then we have an open tournament where the Queen is there completely exposed to danger. Had Rain not anticipated that there would be some kind of attempt, you could very well call him retarded instead of Gary Stu.

EDIT: Only saw that chapter 46 was out just now, that was some really badass spell hehe. Ahh Sylvia is so cute <3 Just hope she won't be appearing for only a short while.
Or it might be that Rain is actually letting the Small One exposed as a bait to flush out the enemies? Knowing Rain, I thought that this possibility is more likely.
chaosbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 04:24   Link #91
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbeowulf View Post
Or it might be that Rain is actually letting the Small One exposed as a bait to flush out the enemies? Knowing Rain, I thought that this possibility is more likely.
Well, yeah. The reason as to why he disguised himself as some random character and made it look like the Queen was "unguarded", was to bait those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takatathien View Post
Ok, I want some spoiler regarding the Light novel. If anyone has finished it, please tell me who end up with Rain.
If I'm not mistaken, the novel has yet to end.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 04:34   Link #92
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Well, yeah. The reason as to why he disguised himself as some random character and made it look like the Queen was "unguarded", was to bait those guys.

If I'm not mistaken, the novel has yet to end.
Yeah from what I know he switched to some weird correspondence through mail for vol. 10, and indication is he will work on at least vol. 11.

I mean if I had to take a wild guess I would say the princess, but given he is semi immortal, she is a demon, and then there is a vampire, who knows?
Old 2014-09-25, 20:15   Link #93
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

So chapter 47 is out and here how it goes
Spoiler for Ch. 47:
Old 2014-09-25, 21:39   Link #94
gunner56

^ Well, it has been out for a while... Anyways, yes, that is what I got out of it. But, things sure did escalate quickly. I expected at least one or two more chapters about Sylvia, with her appearance an such.
Old 2014-09-26, 05:15   Link #95
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

I think Sylvia is gonna stay with Rain for a while, since we still don't really know what purpose she came for.
Old 2014-10-06, 19:49   Link #96
gunner56

(0.0) I did not notice that Chapters 48 and 49 were out.
Old 2014-10-06, 19:58   Link #97
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner56 View Post
(0.0) I did not notice that Chapters 48 and 49 were out.
O.o these chapter creep up on us like a ninja.
Old 2014-10-06, 20:27   Link #98
fazri
blacksun king

i want to know is rain novel already finised?
if yes how many vol??
Old 2014-10-07, 00:29   Link #99
cyberbeing

Still ongoing. The release date of Volume 11 of the novel is coming up very soon on October 23rd, 2014.
Old 2014-11-02, 09:31   Link #100
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

To freaking fabulas xD

Tags
fantasy, rain, romance, sword