Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-12, 15:19   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

How to watch Chaos;Head

I was planned to watch Chaos;Head someday because of how interesting it looks for what I saw on Wiki. However, due to how bad the show is complained by most people (even the ones who haven't played the game), I was feared to start watching it for these reasons, but I'd like to watch other Scientific Adventure (a saga created by Nitro+ and 5pb.) after that. But according to some sites, if a viewer decides to watch Chaos;Head first, then he/she is unable to look at Scientific Adventure titles, even though they are more faithful to the original source than the anime. I'm not going to play the VN (because I'm not a fan of VN, but Katawa Shoujo is one of my few exceptions) so I'll watch the anime adaptation instead. However, I got tired of people's negative impacts about the show. Which tips makes me want to watch Chaos;Head before launching other Scientific Adventure titles (even though I'm less interested in these titles than Chaos;Head) ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 15:25   Link #2
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I would say that the anime is more enjoyable if you don't know it source, just like Tsukihime or Fate Stay Night anime. If you are however interested in reading the VN after finishing this anime (seeing that it did not explain some things), then you are going to disappointed in the anime. By then the anime should not matter too much anymore if it was meant as an introduction to it's source.

If you meant by the scientific adventure titles, the VN's made by nitro+ and 5pb about sci-fi (robotics;note and Steins;Gate) then these stories are not related with eachother. So you can enjoy them without knowing the other titles, however there are some minor references about Chaos;head in Steins;Gate that you might miss out.

Or in Robotics;Note there is an appearance by Nae from Steins;Gate.
Old 2012-04-12, 15:30   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I would say that the anime is more enjoyable if you don't know it source, just like Tsukihime or Fate Stay Night anime. If you are however interested in reading the VN after finishing this anime (seeing that it not explain some things), then you are going to disappointed in the anime. By then the anime should not matter too much anymore if it was meant as an introduction to it's source.
This is a pretty god tip, hyl.
However, I heard some sites that a viewer who have watched Chaos;Head will be dissapointed by other Scientific Adventure titles, even though he/she never played the game.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-12, 15:39   Link #4
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I heard robotics;note is up for an anime next (hearsay :P).

But as it does not exist yet, I don't see how anyone would know what impact chaos;head has on it.
And no one could ever be disappointed by steins;gate, that's just not possible.

So, no problem, go ahead and watch it (on a TV, with your eyes open, to anwser the initial question).
Old 2012-04-12, 15:46   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I heard robotics;note is up for an anime next (hearsay :P).

But as it does not exist yet, I don't see how anyone would know what impact chaos;head has on it.
And no one could ever be disappointed by steins;gate, that's just not possible.

So, no problem, go ahead and watch it (on a TV, with your eyes open, to anwser the initial question).
Thanks for all the tips ! The discussion will end thanks to my resolutions !
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-13, 10:20   Link #6
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Watch the C;H anime then play the game...?
Old 2012-04-13, 10:26   Link #7
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Watch the C;H anime then play the game...?
As Dhomo and hyl said, if you watch the anime then play the game or vice-versa, then that's a dissapointement. But if you solely play the game or watch the anime, then it's fine.
MyAnimeList
Closed Thread