AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-03-21, 12:51   Link #5481
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I was clearly talking about the 4 main characters.
Old 2020-03-21, 15:42   Link #5482
Hakai

Or maybe this title is actually based on the name of antagonists, unlike the original one.

Hopefully the last chapter will give us some idea.

Also depending on the time skip Tristan might end up looking older than his father and uncle

Bump!
Final chapter Korean is out

Spoiler:
Old 2020-03-21, 16:14   Link #5483
Homura7

Shoot.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 16:21   Link #5484
Hakai

Spoiler:

Rough summary
Spoiler for 346: Like the blue of this sky:

Last edited by Hakai; 2020-03-21 at 17:48.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 18:58   Link #5485
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Gowther killed the Boruto inside Tristan .

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2020-03-21 at 22:35.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 19:26   Link #5486
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Final chapter:
Old 2020-03-21, 19:36   Link #5487
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Gowther killed the Boruto to inside Tristan .
I hope so. Boruto, Hana, Mantaro, I have had enough of that shit.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 20:22   Link #5488
Hakai

Seeing how much focus Tristan had in the last chapter, he'll probably be the main character of the sequel like his father, with the others being like rest of the sins.
Old 2020-03-21, 21:39   Link #5489
SilverGlavenus

"Four knights of the Apocalypse", so .... Darksiders manga adaptation ?
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 23:12   Link #5490
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I wonder Guinevere will appear as well
Also will she same age with Arthur or same age like Tristan.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-21, 23:32   Link #5491
marvelB

Spoiler for final chapter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Final chapter:
Spoiler for final chapter:

Quote:
I was clearly talking about the 4 main characters.
*Shrug* Even if she's not one of the titular four knights, I still expect her to be part of the main cast, or something close to that role. She's such a prominent figure in Arthurian legend that Suzuki would be crazy NOT to include her in the NNT-verse. In fact, I had an interesting thought concerning le Fay's inclusion: She's known to be an apprentice of Merlin's, right? Well, considering Suzuki gender-bent Merlin for this series, I wonder if he would do the same for the second best-known sorcerer of Arthurian lore....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
I wonder Guinevere will appear as well
Also will she same age with Arthur or same age like Tristan.
She's Arthur's wife, why wouldn't she appear? Personally, I think a more interesting question is whether or not Suzuki will address the affair between her and Lancelot.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-22, 04:45   Link #5492
Lex79

I feel like the story should have ended with the demon king fight. The Chaos Plot and Cathwere a bit disappointing, but I guess they are necessary for setting up the sequel. In the end, it was a very satisfying manga to read.
Old 2020-03-22, 08:26   Link #5493
Homura7

Compared to "Seven Deadly Sins", " Four Knights of the Apocalypse " has a more ominous ring and, together with the climax setup, it sets the stakes really high.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-22, 12:08   Link #5494
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's funny that Tristan thought his father is a bad person. Exact opposite of his mother, who despite them being called "The Seven Deadly Sins" was sure they weren't bad people (at the start of the series).

@Marvel: I know Guinevere is Arthur's wife in the legend, but isn't it possible for Nakaba not follow that in his story?
Old 2020-03-22, 21:49   Link #5495
cyberdemon

Quote:
...But who'll be the token female then?
You've clearly never played FGO. Mordred is female there lol
Old 2020-03-25, 02:35   Link #5496
Hakai

LMAOOOO
I've seen some other shonen that showed kids in the last chapter, but this had the most satisfying father-son moments.
Good to see Meliodas trains Tristan.

I wonder how Tristan's relationship is with Zeldris.
Speaking of Zel I hope he and Gelda got a kid as well.

Can't wait for the sequel. Hope it's weekly.
Old 2020-03-25, 12:40   Link #5497
Akira Theia

I have been following this manga fir the past few years, although I didn't really read it every week.

Overall, it was a very good shonen. The characters were very different from the norm in shonen, mainly Meliodas who is a protagonist with a more intriguing personality and backstory than many shonen MC out there. The main cast was very colorful and varied with different kinds of fantastical species and backgrounds, which made it stand out a lot. It also offered very good, unexpected twists such as the curse of Meliodas and Elizabeth, the two Gowthers and so on.

I saw a lot of criticism for the later parts of the manga and yeah, I agree the first half of the manga was way better when the Sins were still gathering and we got to gradually meet these engaging characters. Also, that the Sins were OP played for mainly comedy was very funny. Early Nanatsu and One Punch Man prove that OP manga characters work best when they're just being ridiculous for the sake of it.

The final bosses like the Demon King and Cath Palug were frankly pretty boring both in character and motivation, so it was hard to be really invested in those final battles and I just skipped through them.

I did really like that this was one of the few shonen that gave proper attention to its romances instead of leaving them at teases that at most get development at the very end if the author doesn't decide to skip it and just show the babies.

My favorite couple was KingxDiane because their moments were cute. It was nice to see the author subverting that bad cliche where a female character is pointlessly pining after the MC who already has another love interest. The backstory King and Diane share was a surprise I enjoyed, although the amnesia thing was a bit contrived. Anyhow, the author did let them hook up in the middle of the manga for us to appreciate that progress instead of shoehorning it at the end, which is great. I did want to see their kid at the end, but guess I'll have to wait for the sequel.

ZeldrisxGelda had some of the best interactions too, but they just had way too little screentime and only when the manga was ending. Well, maybe they'll get a few more scenes in the sequel.

Personally, what I liked the most is that this whole manga was basically a prequel for the Arthurian legend. I love mythology of all kind so I always love seeing it incorporated in manga, the media I adore the most. I think one tie in I liked most was the revelation that Mama Hawk was Henwen because I didn't see that one coming.

My rating of this manga would be 9/10 for the first half and 7/10 for the second half. It did lose some of its quality, but that's almost inevitable for weekly manga. Compared to other shonen out there, this one never went off the rails that badly and overall did give a proper conclusion yet left enough open to make a decent sequel.
Akira Theia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 19:53   Link #5498
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree with most of what you said. I think the focus on romance really set it apart from most battle shounen. Definitely going to read the sequel.

The last chapter was pretty fun. Pranking his son on his birthday is a very Meliodas thing to do. Nice to know King and Diane have a kid as well.
Old 2020-03-26, 12:12   Link #5499
marvelB

Yep, I also loved the series overall, even if the final two villains were on the weak side (in fact, my favorite villain was Helbram back in the holy knights arc, when he was using that old man disguise). I still consider Kongou Banchou to be Suzuki's magnum opus, otherwise. But with that being said, I'm definitely still looking forward to the sequel! And on that note....

Looks like we've got some preview sketches of the sequel which already reveal some interesting stuff! A possible mention of the Supreme Goddess, a girl who may or may not be the child of King and Diane, and Mael meeting the next inheritor of Sunshine (so the next "Escanor" is pretty much confirmed ). Some pretty hype info already, if you ask me!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-26, 14:37   Link #5500
LevelSeven

Wow....this was...

well, im honest, this series was a trainwreck waaaaaaay before the chaos-bs began.

I cant really name all the stuff that went wrong in last 100-150 chapters that made this series absolutely uninteresting for me, it would be a 30k essay.

Just happy its over, and just like with Boruto, i will only read the sequel after it gets quite some chapters and i see people talking positively about it.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen