Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 14:59   Link #201
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Bet you don't have any sibling?
You lose! If you want to know what cruel and sadistic is, try being the youngest child, a boy, no less, to four older sisters. I know a cruel and sadistic sister when I see her in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Sometimes siblings do cruel things to teach other but don't necessarily mean it or regret it later. So while what she did may be common, that doesn't mean everyone is going to enjoy seeing it.
Exactly. Especially not regretting it ever. I got scars (physical and emotional) to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Yeah, I'm still kind of taken aback by Natsumi's devilish behavior, not the actual behavior but seeing how she didn't seem to learn anything from the last incident and how true to life that is.
Not much will teach such a kid that it isn't nice to do those things.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 16:59   Link #202
Zeross

that was the cutest ghost i've ever seen =D

also ren-chon stole yet again with her playing house as a fish

glad for koma-chan that she is not beiing labeled as a weirdo by her friends for those dolls

edit : and just HOW did hotaru grow so much in a year, even hiting puberty has its limits ^^
Old 2013-11-11, 18:07   Link #203
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 6 had some positively great scenes - the series is really able to capture the countryside seen through the eyes of childhood at times.

Had to admit that the fish scene in playing house by ren chon was also great.

One of things I realized in this ep is the similarity for me between Natsume and Kana from Miname Ke personality wise (am speaking in broad strokes here). That might be why her chara does always work for me, as Kana's didn't either.

Another thing I was surprised to see is more screen time from the ever silent older brother. I liked seeing more of him, and I wonder if that brief second when they actually showed his eyes through his glasses at the test of courage thing was the first?

Anyhoo - good ep.
Old 2013-11-11, 18:30   Link #204
Gabrinius
Hic !

I think the brother will have a line in the last episode and say:

"second season coming in april"
Old 2013-11-11, 18:47   Link #205
nojay
Scanlator

Practicing my poor Nihongo, the handwritten note beside last year's picture (really?) of Hotaru-chan in the photo album reads (I think):

Playing at Granny's house again-!
Nature is full of excitement

Corrections welcome...
Old 2013-11-11, 20:31   Link #206
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 6

great revelation Hotaru-chan had a "normal" size for his age last year
Old 2013-11-11, 21:02   Link #207
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrinius View Post
I think the brother will have a line in the last episode and say:

"second season coming in april"
Sadly there isn't enough manga published for a second season that soon. Each episode uses up two or three chapters -- this week's show was chapter 10 (Report Card), 15 (Koma Plushies) and 16 (Test of Courage) -- and the magazine publication is only up to chapter 48 as of this month.
Old 2013-11-11, 21:23   Link #208
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

this mean for the anime he draws chapters (not to follow in the manga) to an episode and say that there are 48 chapters so far .... this season there may adapt any chapter 48?
Old 2013-11-12, 08:19   Link #209
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am the only one who felt like Natsume was getting what she deserved this episode (from her mom) after her cruel treatment towards her sister before? And then I felt she deserved even more after her attitude in the past was shown

And also it so felt like Renge forced Hotaru a little into teaching them on making the plushies, and playing demon with her, since she seemed good on picking up on Hotaru acting odd very well, quite the observant 1st grader she is .

Very enjoyable episode overall .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 11:07   Link #210
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Great episode once again.

Hotarun's obsession with her tiny senpai is worse than I thought. The amount of plushies she created is scary. She's very lucky Ren-chon's innocent mind provided her with the perfect excuse, I have no idea what else she could have come up with to explain this.

Hotaru grew up a lot in the span of the year, so that means there might still be hope for Komari. Maybe she'll hit a sudden growth spur someday too. I doub it but anything is possible.
Old 2013-11-12, 12:56   Link #211
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

This show makes me so happy inside.
Been busy lately so I only had the chance to watch episodes 3-6 this afternoon, and I'm fairly positive that I'm overdosing on happiness (save for Renge's sad moment on ep4).
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 13:04   Link #212
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

At first, I thought Hotaru's obsession over Komari was rather cute, but it's getting downright creepy now. Next thing you know, we see her sleeping with a Komari hug pillow.

I knew Natsuki would try and run from her mother and how she would suggest a test of courage. I also figured Komari would 'win', only to end up as the one who has to scare people on her own.
Old 2013-11-12, 13:43   Link #213
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
At first, I thought Hotaru's obsession over Komari was rather cute, but it's getting downright creepy now. Next thing you know, we see her sleeping with a Komari hug pillow.

I knew Natsuki would try and run from her mother and how she would suggest a test of courage. I also figured Komari would 'win', only to end up as the one who has to scare people on her own.
Is Natsumi not Natsuki
Old 2013-11-12, 15:10   Link #214
Zeross

on second watch i noticed : why does natsumi mom call komari and her brother "nii-chan" and "nee-chan" when she call natsumi just "natsumi" ?

kinda feel weird for a mother to call her son and daugther like that
Old 2013-11-12, 16:17   Link #215
Sol Falling

It's the same way that Japanese families often have mothers and fathers calling each other "okaa-san" and "otou-san", and a bit of an extension of the language's tendency to speak in third person. Basically, when they refer to family members as "okaa-san", "otou-san", "onii-san", or "onee-san" they are usually referring to each other by their familial roles, and empathizing from the perspective of the youngest child.

Parents might use the older siblings' real names in situations which are more personal, or where their responsibility/position as a role model for the younger sibling is less significant. In a way, a parent's method of referring to an older sibling is another way of how Japanese naming conventions convey implicit information about the context or relationship between characters.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 22:53   Link #216
FateAnomaly

Didn't really notice it until you mention it but my mom does the same thing. She usually call my older brother by gor-gor (older brother in dialect) but call me by my name. No idea why but thats just how it has always been.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 23:00   Link #217
whitecloud

Say...just wanna ask, if you found out your dear friend have a plushie of you in her/his closet, what would you do? reconsider friendship? Be happy that someone admire you so? Pretend you don't see anything? And will you talk it up front?
Old 2013-11-12, 23:06   Link #218
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Anther great epiosde Hotaru with her Komari plushies but Komari didnt seem weirded out by it

Still Suguru dosnt speak just nobs
Old 2013-11-12, 23:16   Link #219
FateAnomaly

Renge is the most interesting character to watch in the show.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 23:29   Link #220
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Hotaru loves what is small and is so cute ............... so..... why Hotaru not love Ren-chon??? Hotaru fall in love her senpai-chan

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-11-13 at 17:57.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, shojo-ai, slice of life