AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-02, 06:19   Link #141
GranHom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They have since the beginning.

Long story short, The magic goes haywire because Espers have their bodies altered in a way that the 'normal' magic laws don't apply to them. Magic was originally created for normal people to gain power.

In the case of Vento, the manifestation of Fuze=Kazakiri has brought about a new set of laws in the form of the [Imaginary Number District], also known as the AIM field. And these new set of laws screw with the existing laws.

To use an analogy from the book-

....Also, magic uses life force as fuel. So screwing that up means screwing with your life.
Thanks, I completely forgot that part.

I'm currently reading vol 22, Aleister state that his plan has some similarities with Fiamma's. So if Aleister can somehow fill the whole world with concentrate AIM diffusion field like what Fiamma did with his Star of Bethlehem, he'd probably turn the Earth into an artificial Heaven, right? This guys start becoming my favorite character, I'm looking foward to see some of his real keikaku in New Testament
GranHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:24   Link #142
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranHom View Post

I'm currently reading vol 22, Aleister state that his plan has some similarities with Fiamma's. So if Aleister can somehow fill the whole world with concentrate AIM diffusion field like what Fiamma did with his Star of Bethlehem, he'd probably turn the Earth into an artificial Heaven, right? This guys start becoming my favorite character, I'm looking foward to see some of his real keikaku in New Testament
Well personally I think Aleister was just referring to using the same trinity as Fiamma:

Church (Bethlehem/Academy City) - Angel (Gabriel/Kazakiri) - Right Hand (Holy Right/Imagine Breaker)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:24   Link #143
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranHom View Post

For now, then you will be disappointed but maybe in the future.
Old 2014-01-02, 16:02   Link #144
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Well personally I think Aleister was just referring to using the same trinity as Fiamma:

Church (Bethlehem/Academy City) - Angel (Gabriel/Kazakiri) - Right Hand (Holy Right/Imagine Breaker)
I thought it was Holy Spirit-Aiwass, The holy Son Imagine Breaker, The Holy Father Accelerator (maybe reverse the last two?)... something like that...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 16:58   Link #145
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

New question:

So I was curious for characters from other series strong enough to beat othinus, a leister, aiwass? Just curious... Because after nt8... I'm somewhat at a loss to what beats the first one... I get that every universe has it's own physics, but...
Old 2014-01-03, 17:15   Link #146
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
New question:

So I was curious for characters from other series strong enough to beat othinus, a leister, aiwass? Just curious... Because after nt8... I'm somewhat at a loss to what beats the first one... I get that every universe has it's own physics, but...
Have you seen the universal power chart that has been shown lately? its universal because it has different series/universe mesh up together.

I'll try to find it and post it on image thread. Its not accurate but you can see the difference in strength and its mostly right but not complete. The only popular ones and well known are there.
Old 2014-01-05, 00:09   Link #147
zero7090

What is the current vol that anime adapted? i google around and people said it is ss1 which means i start at vol 14. However as i read, i see many plot event in the past is mentioned but i dont recall seeing it in the anime.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 00:19   Link #148
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
As it says on Baka-Tsuki, Season 1 covers volumes 1-6; Season 2 covers volumes 7-13 + most of SS1. While the anime didn't cover EVERYTHING in LN it covered the most important parts that WOULD be referenced as past events.

Could you give an example of plot events that you don't remember reading about?
Old 2014-01-05, 06:11   Link #149
zero7090

For example it said the boy who started the word war was kamijou. But i dont remember touma did anything to the magical side except fight off vento.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 06:20   Link #150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
For example it said the boy who started the word war was kamijou. But i dont remember touma did anything to the magical side except fight off vento.
The war wasn't started by a single incident, don't forget that throughout the entire second season Kamijou was responsible for foiling them four times including Vento... three of those incidents would had led to the destruction or subjection of the city.

But you're right in the sense that it's not his fault, but they are uaing him as an excuse.
Old 2014-01-24, 14:32   Link #151
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

What's that?
A new play card?
Old 2014-01-31, 02:02   Link #152
omega253

Honestly, this is more of a forum-regulation type question rather than a TAMNI question.

First, an explanation: someone on 4chan managed to supply the raws for untranslated side stories that had previously escaped js06's translating might.

So, I should ask: should we ask for a separate thread for that collection of side stories?

I have no clue what to do, so I put the question here.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 02:16   Link #153
tsunade666

first of all. Is the raw for manga or novel? that itself can answer the question because its not allowed to create a new thread unless its confirmed or translated or canon.

If its manga then its fine to discuss it first in manga thread. If its novel then the general novel thread or speculation/theories novel thread.
Old 2014-01-31, 02:24   Link #154
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
first of all. Is the raw for manga or novel? that itself can answer the question because its not allowed to create a new thread unless its confirmed or translated or canon.

If its manga then its fine to discuss it first in manga thread. If its novel then the general novel thread or speculation/theories novel thread.
It was some side stories that aren't canon. Some of their summaries are found on the wiki, I think.

One was apparently about Kamijou lamenting about what career path to take and suddenly finding several people (related to supernatural matters) offering him jobs.

Another was apparently him in despair, getting drunk and making girls all around the worlds fall for him on Valentine's Day (no, I'm not actually kidding...) plus forgetting all about it, and now he has to do something to pay them back for on White Day.

There's more, but those are the ones I can think of clearly. The rest are probably up on the wiki.

So, just the general novel thread it is. Thanks for the help.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 07:16   Link #155
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
It was some side stories that aren't canon. Some of their summaries are found on the wiki, I think.

One was apparently about Kamijou lamenting about what career path to take and suddenly finding several people (related to supernatural matters) offering him jobs.

Another was apparently him in despair, getting drunk and making girls all around the worlds fall for him on Valentine's Day (no, I'm not actually kidding...) plus forgetting all about it, and now he has to do something to pay them back for on White Day.

There's more, but those are the ones I can think of clearly. The rest are probably up on the wiki.

Why does that even exist? Just beautiful And how are these not canon, were they not written by Kamachi?... Are they like... what if __ happened?
Old 2014-01-31, 09:23   Link #156
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post

I think I ever saw it somewhere. I forget
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 11:18   Link #157
tsunade666

Has there been mentioned/released of birthday profiles for the characters? or just personal profiles of Hamazura, Accelerator and Kamijou?
Old 2014-02-03, 17:12   Link #158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Has there been mentioned/released of birthday profiles for the characters? or just personal profiles of Hamazura, Accelerator and Kamijou?
Zero, nada.

We don't know anybody's birthday... Heck, we don't even know the age for most of the characters
Old 2014-02-03, 18:26   Link #159
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

We only know Mikoto's birthday: May 2.

And Aleister's birthday too
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 18:50   Link #160
tsunade666

Quote:
Zero, nada.

We don't know anybody's birthday... Heck, we don't even know the age for most of the characters
that's true which is why I ask because I thought I miss something but it looks like I haven't.

I wish Kamachi will release more info on some characters like their spells, habits, character traits or esper abilities. Or more personal info's.

Its hard to think of creating a story with lack of information and I don't want to turn my character into ooc of their canon version.

Tags
memories, q&a