Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 21:16   Link #2102
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Makes me wonder how some people managed to sink her during day battle
By BBs focusing fire on HER rather than the Island Demon. Managed to do this TWICE over the course of completing the event, and it annoyed me to no end (especially since I needed to reduce the HP bar at that point).
Old 2014-05-07, 21:20   Link #2103
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
By BBs focusing fire on HER rather than the Island Demon. Managed to do this TWICE over the course of completing the event, and it annoyed me to no end (especially since I needed to reduce the HP bar at that point).
My closest case of sinking her before night was during one of my 2nd node encounter where BSH was the only thing left at the beginning of the 2nd round of shelling,
And I had Yamato, Nagato, Kirishima AND Hiei focus firing on her, plus KitaGod's torpedo at the end, and even that had only gotten her to 8 hp and not sunk her

P.S. That was during a T-advantage, AND I was doing LINE AHEAD, sheesh!

Otherwise, all 3 of my counts of sinking her so far was KitaGod finishing her off with a cut-in
Old 2014-05-07, 21:26   Link #2104
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, it depends how many Yamato class you have in your fleet, and generally occur only if you have a green T cross. I was close to do that on 2 occasions.
Generally, it is "enough" if you have both Yamato + another BB double critting twice the Senkan Seiki during day battle, which is a bit too much RNG dependant but you never know with Kancolle.

So unless your support fleet is doing exceedlingly well (both takoyaki dead and Ru class half dead), your night battle won't be funny.

Speaking of the Senkan Seiki, I noticed something quite "interesting": with my own run and all the nico nico videos I've watched, I realized that there is no "flagship protection arc" on the boss, not even once.
I suspect that due to the boss unit class (special airport base class which is unaffected by torpedo but cannot attack on day battle if orange HP), the flagship protection is not visible but should be.
That explains why players' ships target excessively the Senkan Seiki: it wouldn't make sense to have so many people having their ships mauling that Seiki so much for no damn reason.

EDIT: checking few videos with Darwin, and it is the same thing I think: there is no flagship protection cue, which isn't exactly normal. So I assume it is effective, but not visible. I think people would be less alienated if they realized that a good deal of these attack on the Seiki was because of the flagship protection, even more logical for the diamond formation.
Old 2014-05-07, 21:30   Link #2105
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
So unless your support fleet is doing exceedlingly well (both takoyaki dead and Ru class half dead), your night battle won't be funny.
Aye, that's exactly how my attempts are failing right now

My support fleet for some reason is doing exceedingly bad compared to when I sent them during my clearing runs.

3 boss battles so far, and they haven't been able to kill anything, not even those sentinels, resulting my BBs wasting all their shots on them during the day... sigh.

They used to be able to take out those sentinels fairly consistently too....
Old 2014-05-07, 22:18   Link #2106
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Sound like a common occurrence.

Old 2014-05-08, 00:17   Link #2107
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

^Translation, anyone?
Old 2014-05-08, 02:06   Link #2108
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

*white flag*

I'm all out of steel, so that will conclude my quest to S rank E5 hahaha

Result: 戦術的敗北
Old 2014-05-08, 03:07   Link #2109
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
^Translation, anyone?
Everyone is cursing at Senkan Seiki because she did all the major work to make admiral's life miserable, while Wake-tan lament that even though she's the last bost.
Old 2014-05-08, 04:05   Link #2110
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Apparently E-4 boss node also drops Zuikaku. Should I go for this instead of E-3? Don't have much resource left either... It's less steel-intensive but more bucket-intensive, from previous experience.

EDIT: Bloody hell, I went ahead with E-3 and I got one ship knocked to red every time BEFORE I hit boss node. Seriously this is rubbish RNG trolling.

...I'm about to give up right here, right now. I got Kaga once again hit to red on PRE-BOSS node, giving me no shot whatsoever at the boss. Just about out of steel too.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 07:18   Link #2111
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
^Translation, anyone?
Dammit, the second battle with Senkan Seiki dished out another heavy damage!

FUUUUUUU----! I got to the boss night battle and Senkan Seiki absorbed all the attacks. What an annoyance! She's too strong!

Everything E-5 is Senkan Seiki, right?

Senkan Seiki: There there.

Hime: Gununu, even though I'm the last boss...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 08:24   Link #2112
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hilarious indeed

Btw, what is the best ship to use Mayuru luck on for? KTKM for cut-in set up?
Old 2014-05-08, 08:32   Link #2113
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Now that you mention it, I feel that Goya gets cut-in quite frequently. Is higher luck == better odds of cut-in confirmed?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 10:25   Link #2114
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Now that you mention it, I feel that Goya gets cut-in quite frequently. Is higher luck == better odds of cut-in confirmed?
Indeed that's the case. You'll notice far higher rates of cut-ins with Yukikazes, Shigures (Kai 2'd) and Goyas than with most other ships.

Probably going for one or two more E-3 runs before I give up completely, I'm just about at my limit here.
Old 2014-05-08, 10:35   Link #2115
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
It has been for a while. The cut-in % is equal to the luck stats of your ship, with approximately additional 15-20% and something like 5% if it is the flagship.
Ships also get a bonus % if they are damaged, although the status modifier affects greatly the cut-in damage.
Old 2014-05-08, 11:25   Link #2116
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Wow. That means that Maruyu kai with +2 luck would be worthwhile. This makes me want to do min LSC!

Moving back on topic, I realized that Lvl40 Musashi doesn't do it for E5. She misses far too much, and never mind the Lvl1 Yamato... I might as well as to rely on support expedition instead of fielding her. (In during -2200 steels)

The problem with using anyone else is that they are all so squishy at boss node. All the CVs, Kongo and Nagato gets taken to red in one go, so they became pretty useless. Sparkling seems to help somewhat, but support expedition's ability to knock out 2 of those balloons matter more.

Edit: Damn you guys in a good way I guess. I now have to give up E5, but I just got the Iron chancellor thanks to you all.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-05-08, 11:35   Link #2117
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering the remaining time left, you better take a decision right now.
That said, Yamato class as support BB deal substancial damage and the level doesn't matter that much.

Going through E5 with Kongou and Nagato class is fine so long you are ok to sparkle all the way, and have some luck. The real edge with the Yamato class is the ability to deal punishment even in orange.
So really, it is possible so long you don't do it half heartedly.
Old 2014-05-08, 11:47   Link #2118
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
LSC Taihou try for the week... No dice (Hiyou, Ryuujou, and two Kagas). I think I have to start trying another recipe aside from 4k/2k/5k/7k/20. ^^;

On the bright side, Chikuma Kai 2. It's funny how I Kai-2'd both Tones in less than two days from each other, give or take.

Also, nopan? Nopan.
Old 2014-05-08, 13:49   Link #2119
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, full suffering mode for me atm.

Battle lineup:
L45 Musashi (46cm 46cm type3 plane)
L56 Nagato (46cm 46cm type3 plane)
L84 Kongou (46cm 46cm type3 plane)
L42 Zuikaku (Shidenkai2 Skai2 type64 Suisei 12A)
L66 Kaga (Reppu Shiden kai2 Reppukai Ryuusei Kai)
L57 Taihou (Reppu Reppu Suisei 12A Saiun)

Support fleet of 2x DD 2x BB 2x CVL. Not really going anywhere and starting to dip below 25k on steel right now.

Old 2014-05-08, 19:44   Link #2120
RapidPotential

I once fed one Maruyu (not remodeled) to Kongou and I got +2 luck. Case in point: I had her on 21 after marriage (temp) and already fed her one Maruyu to make 22. I fed the next one and 22 > 24. Did I get lucky?

Anyways, I'm going in towards my last attempts before maintenance begins. Lurking around 2k steel. Hope RNG goddess is not being whimsical today.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls