AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 66 70.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 4.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-14, 13:03   Link #61
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Wow, this is definitely my favorite anime of all time right now. This was really amazing.
Old 2014-02-14, 13:21   Link #62
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
This isn't by Gainax. This is produced by Studio Trigger with former employees of Gainax.
Aside names it's basically still Gainax. Trigger is composed from former crazy core of Gainax and since in production is also partially involved Studio Khara which is composed from former psychotic core of Gainax, you have complete golden core of former staff members from Gainax on production of this series. Just under different names.
Old 2014-02-14, 13:53   Link #63
Gravitas Free Zone

I must admit that Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom has totally ruined all heart-wrenched-out-of-chest scenes for me, because... you know.

Even so, the Holy Shit Quotient for this episode was right up there. Sure, there are predictable story elements, but it's done with style.

Thoughts for later:

So the sword can't quite do the job of Highlandering Ragyo. Obvious setup for the final thread to be severed by a reunified Scissor. See above for style, though.

Sanageyama still is the show's Worf Effect character, though somewhat effective nonetheless. Awaiting further payoff for the show's buildup of the Elite Four as a hero team.

It feels like some of the heat is off for Mako getting killed, since they're pulling the sympathy card for Satsuki now. It'll be interesting to see how they fit Mako into the weirdness now, since her charming nonchalance to the chaos is still a comic effect, but this time she wasn't a factor in snapping Ryuko out of a rage moment.

Soroi evacuating Shiro and the rest of the Sewing Club on his back: Was waiting for a Badass Butler moment, got a very small one.

Satsuki's father still bore some resemblance to Aikuro, which remains confusing even though that seems improbable now.
Old 2014-02-14, 14:11   Link #64
soryo

Good episode, so a question...
Does the Isshin is Shouichirou father and grandfather for Satsuki and Ryuko?
Old 2014-02-14, 14:19   Link #65
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Oh yeah, not a bad observation actually. Can't believe I didn't consider that.

It was stated that Souichirou married into the Kiryuin family, so maybe his original surname was Matoi; and that means Isshin is actually Ryuko and Satsuki's grandfather from their dad's side of the family?

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2014-02-14 at 14:30.
Old 2014-02-14, 14:32   Link #66
ookamigirl

Satsuki's rebellion, nice!
Her mom truly is a monster.
Wish Matoi would get back the other half of the scissors.
The short flashback was interesting.
Didn't think Matoi would become mom's slave.
It's good it was only a short thing.
Satsuki was really cool this time.
Shame her mom is such a tough cookie.
Damn, things are gonna get seriously intense.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-02-14, 15:00   Link #67
ChampDream
Alive

awesome episode, I just want more.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:58   Link #68
Homura7

Sanageyama in the last 2 seconds of the preview and that title... This doesn't bode well.
Old 2014-02-14, 17:04   Link #69
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Let's try and sort out the timeline and family trees:

T-18 years: Souichiro and Ragyo give birth to Satsuki
T-17 years: Souichiro and Ragyo give birth to daughter that apparently dies during a life-fiber infusion; Ragyo disposes of daughter who it appears grows up to be Ryuuko

What, if any, relationship do Souichiro and Isshin Matoi have? The same guy? Was Matoi an assistant to Souichiro and Ragyo? From the scene where the baby is disposed of, one would think Souichiro rescued his daughter and decided to use her to fight Ragyo and ball of yarn. So how and why does Ryuuko end up with Isshin if he is not the contemporary version of Souichiro?

What, if any, relationship do Souichiro and Mikisugi have? The family resemblance is strong. Is Mikisugi another of Souichiro's offspring, perhaps one with a different woman prior to his hooking up with Ragyo? Let's say Souichiro was 30-35 when the girls were born. He could have a son another ten years older than them. If Mikisugi is related to the Matois, does he know this fact? He talks about Isshin in the third person all the time without any hint that they might be related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
And of course Ragyo still managed to touch Satsuki inappropriately while fighting her.
I think that's where the connection to Junketsu's banshi is located. Notice how the Kamui migrated to Ragyo during that scene. Most images of the two Kamui suggest that the only thing that connects the front to the back in the "naughty bits" region is a single thread. If true, it would provide another rationale for the bath scene, that Ragyo was "activating" Satsuki's receptivity to the Kamui. Given the nature of the script, a connection between the banshi and sexuality doesn't seem out of place.
Old 2014-02-14, 17:32   Link #70
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Aside names it's basically still Gainax. Trigger is composed from former crazy core of Gainax and since in production is also partially involved Studio Khara which is composed from former psychotic core of Gainax, you have complete golden core of former staff members from Gainax on production of this series. Just under different names.
Despite their former association with Gainax I would never consider KLK basically a Gainax work. Sure the creators were once the core of Gainax and what made it one the top studios in Japan. But I think it would be kinda insulting to Trigger if it was called as such. They left Gainax due discontent with the current management and formed Trigger. Now Gainax is now but a shell of their former selves.
Old 2014-02-14, 19:00   Link #71
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Despite their former association with Gainax I would never consider KLK basically a Gainax work. Sure the creators were once the core of Gainax and what made it one the top studios in Japan. But I think it would be kinda insulting to Trigger if it was called as such. They left Gainax due discontent with the current management and formed Trigger. Now Gainax is now but a shell of their former selves.
Yeah, it's like calling Platinum Games Capcom when the team disliked a lot their methods.
Old 2014-02-14, 22:08   Link #72
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

My final prediction after the subs released,

1) Soichiro and isshin same person.
2) Satsuki first child who survived but wasn't compatible and ryoko second child who supposedly died but saved by soichiro ( aka Isshin). This is obvious after the subs but i just mentioned it because before sub i mentioned 3 possibilities.

3) Kinda speculation but: i think Nui is another child of at least Ragyo ( if not both soichiro and ragyou).
Old 2014-02-14, 23:18   Link #73
Anime Online

How is it possible Soichiro and Isshin are the same person? This is a job for .. Obvious Man!

Satsuki was with her dad Soichiro, at least until she's 5 years old. That means Ryuko would have been 4 years old by then. If Soichiro is with Satsuki all that time, then how is he going to find time to hide Ryuko and raise her as Isshin? C'mon!
Old 2014-02-15, 00:06   Link #74
Hamster

Wow Ragyo just can't stop touching Satsuki's Junketsu can she.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:10   Link #75
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think that's where the connection to Junketsu's banshi is located. Notice how the Kamui migrated to Ragyo during that scene. Most images of the two Kamui suggest that the only thing that connects the front to the back in the "naughty bits" region is a single thread. If true, it would provide another rationale for the bath scene, that Ragyo was "activating" Satsuki's receptivity to the Kamui. Given the nature of the script, a connection between the banshi and sexuality doesn't seem out of place.
I didn't even think about that. I think you're onto something. I could definitely see that connection. Kamui show off a lot of skin but cover the naughty bits. Also Junketsu, purity, virginity. It makes sense.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:18   Link #76
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
How is it possible Soichiro and Isshin are the same person? This is a job for .. Obvious Man!

Satsuki was with her dad Soichiro, at least until she's 5 years old. That means Ryuko would have been 4 years old by then. If Soichiro is with Satsuki all that time, then how is he going to find time to hide Ryuko and raise her as Isshin? C'mon!
i already mentioned this in my first post in first page of this thread.

But simply there is a high possibility that he was working with the kiryuins ( for unknown number of years) while at the same time doing all the secrete stuff ( plotting behind their back in secrete, ...). In this episode it was even hinted that he was probably doing that. It's in the episode.

also if this doesn't convince you i talked about episode 8 in my first post as well. i know it's been a long time since that episode so it's normal to forget it ( i had to go review it myself too ), but matoi does say she used to 'live in kindergarten dorms" when asked by mako if she was living a princess like life.

she wasn't really raised by her father. their contact was minimal.

i am just mentioning a possibility here. you don't have to agree with it.

the post is here, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=15 .
Old 2014-02-15, 00:19   Link #77
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Wow Ragyo just can't stop touching Satsuki's Junketsu can she.
I wonder if anyone else has touched or did "something else" with Satsuki's Junketsu.

I mean, Satsuki's a good lookin 18 year old girl. Surely she has been with someone... if not... I'm sure Mataro Mankanshoku will be more then willing to...
Old 2014-02-15, 00:45   Link #78
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Very good episode, I did feel a twist would be coming up, but didnt expect that. Ragyu seems very strong I think Satsuki and Ryuko will create some special move to cut all the life fibre threads.
Old 2014-02-15, 01:11   Link #79
Wandering Soul

Amazing episode. The reveal was pretty predicable but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing. Nice to see Ragyu wasn't going to go down so easily.
Old 2014-02-15, 02:17   Link #80
Gravitas Free Zone

While contemplating the call-back shot to the first episode when Satsuki is hurled into the wall, it occurred to me that both her and Ryuko never get knocked down to naked, just their underwear. Benefits of being headline characters...
Closed Thread