AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-16, 14:57   Link #581
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I'm guessing that's really Shouyou but he has some personality disorder issue? If he can regenerate wounds, I'm sure reattachment of a head is within his means. Part of me hopes that is not the case though and that's just his evil twin brother... both are cliches but hey got to pick one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Oh, the manga is still faaaar from finishing. The current arc is still ongoing like...halfway through?
More content of gintama is always good
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 15:00   Link #582
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Epic episode this week. Great music scores, long-ass fights, so many injuries that it's a wonder how these people are still standing (or not, some were being carried) and the plot thickens EVEN MORE!

Can I wake up and find myself on next Wednesday?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 17:43   Link #583
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, a lot happened in a one single episode and it was epic. Probably the best episode of this arc.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 18:25   Link #584
grecefar

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!?? that was my reaction when utsuro show his face, I got goosebumps from beginning to end of this chapter. Epic battles, epic chapter.

the next one I think everyone called it, isaburo last moments.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 09:09   Link #585
Peanutbutter

Probably the most electrifying episode in this entire Gintama season.

Can't say more, since I already went ahead and read past this point.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 11:28   Link #586
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like the way they animated Utsuro's fighting style. You can tell at a glance he's no normal human being. He might be even more of a monster than the likes of Housen.
Old 2016-03-18, 03:20   Link #587
Mister Twit

Holy crap that was intense. The plot armor was literally coming off for this episode; even with nobody actually dying yet it felt like anyone could die at any moment.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 08:16   Link #588
Azuma Denton
~AD~

;_;

Damn, this episode is so touchy...

Spoiler for isaburo:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 12:04   Link #589
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 315:
Old 2016-03-23, 13:34   Link #590
BPD Renegade

Man, took so much willpower not to shed a tear, but still blurry-eyed as hell. Great episode.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 15:57   Link #591
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Man, took so much willpower not to shed a tear, but still blurry-eyed as hell. Great episode.
I honestly don't know how you held on. I've never cried so much in my whole life. ;____;
Old 2016-03-23, 16:42   Link #592
grecefar

so close isaburou... so close.

I'm still crying man.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 17:36   Link #593
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Yep, this is probably the only time I came close to crying while watching Gintama.

They've managed to make Isaburo's swan song have even more impact than the shogun's death scene, and to think that he was a villain before all this and only appeared in 3 or so arcs before this one, compared to the shogun who has entire episodes dedicated to his tighty whities.

Kondo and Isaburo can be cut by enemy swords hundreds of times and they can't be killed, while oboro just dropped dead after 2 strikes from hijikata and kondo, lol

Everyone's laughing during that preview, it's as if everything's back to normal and there are no dead bodies scattered around that island..
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 17:52   Link #594
Peanutbutter

*Salutes fallen angel*

It was unexpected to see Isaburo be the one to take the most in this arc, after all that build-up, but it hits hard as well.

(And probably the last major scene in any anime I'll ever see Hirano Aya voicing in. )
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 18:07   Link #595
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, a lot of blood in this episode. I already can't wait for the finale.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 05:21   Link #596
Mister Twit

Wait, so Nobume was Isaburo's real daughter? Or is it saying he adopted her? I'm a little confused by this development.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 08:04   Link #597
henshinagogobaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
Wait, so Nobume was Isaburo's real daughter? Or is it saying he adopted her? I'm a little confused by this development.
No, his real daughter was murdered that day. The last scene was Isaburo arguing with his wife via texting what to name their newborn child. After many names, he finally decided on Nobume and was about to send the text when he realized that they were in danger and rushed to the scene. The rest is history.

In short, he told "Mukuro" that her name was too grisly (meaning "corpse") and decided to call her by the name he was planning to give his daughter, though he didn't tell her that; she thought it was just some random name. Little did both realize that Isaburo would grow to love her as he would a real daughter and vice-versa. Excuse me, I'm off to dry my tears.

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin

Last edited by henshinagogobaby; 2016-03-24 at 16:26.
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 20:32   Link #598
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by henshinagogobaby View Post
No, his real daughter was murdered that day. The last scene was Isaburo arguing with his wife via texting what to name their newborn child. After many names, he finally decided on Nobume and was about to send the text when he realized that they were in danger and rushed to the scene. The rest is history.

In short, he told "Mukuro" that her name was too grisly (meaning "corpse") and decided to call her by the name he was planning to give his daughter, though he didn't tell her that; she thought it was just some random name. Little did both realize that Isaburo would grow to love her as he would a real daughter and vice-versa. Excuse me, I'm off to dry my tears.
Damn man... that adopting daughter scenario after your real daughter is dead things is crazy.

So sad... never knew, here I thought Isaburo was a jackass that wants to rule by force and kill all good guys just because he felt like it.

But his backstory explains about what he was doing, mainly because of competition of wanting to win.

But that Nobume was shocking, didn't think he already know she wasn't the killer and still blames her just because he wants to use her.
Except as time pass he and Nobume basically turn into a Father-Daughter relationship that won't abandon each other with the promise of
*You can't Die, because I'll be the one to kill you, and I can't die because I haven't killed you*

And at the end all Isaburo wanted is for Nobume to live a happier life... damn you tears, get back in my eye sockets.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 12:21   Link #599
inisipis

Such a compelling story arc. I find it more riveting than the Shogan A arc which itself is quite spectacular. Props to the author for outdoing himself.

My only complaint is that flashback with the fake death pill of Kondo. I remember that Katsura bungled his attempt at giving Kondo the pill and accidentally swallowed it himself.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 13:37   Link #600
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ He spat it out later on, right before making their escape.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen