AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-13, 11:18   Link #22441
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^ easier to draw, I suppose? Maybe there was a reason given in Kohaku-Ace, but I think that "it's a gag manga, no point in so much effort on clothe all the time" might be it?

So making my way through EoR story, and sort of realising that I never had that much Evil servants for me to bond level? It's all Caligula and Kiyo, with the rest being the standard stuff I had before my time away.

Kind breaks the immersion a bit, since I wanted it to be sort of like it was in Camelot and having Mashu in every story node. Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Come to think of it, I don't have you on my friend list do I? Can I add you? Especially since you got Arthur. Congrats btw.
Sure thing. 019790893, my IGN is Arabesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Welcome back you lucky bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
Welcome back and Congratulations! It's not fair for the rest of us .
Heh, thanks

I'm planning to see how to raise Arthur soon once I'm done with the story stuff, since I have some EXP and I think I have enough material for his skills. I think.

Problem is the Fou cards, but since we have an event coming up, I guess I'll get them from there.

Quote:
Valentine 2.0 was same story that 1.0, with quartz as reward and free quest that are farming and just that. The event was to farm and nothing else, ALL servant has cut screen chocolate, some has 2 choco, one male and one female (e.g. Orion, Da Vinci, D'eon). If you have mats you didn't misses much.
Quote:
Valentines was just standard farming for mats. Apart from the new female Servants giving you chocolate, there's also you giving chocolate to all the male Servants and they give a return gift to you. That meant a lot of choco CEs to farm if you had a lot of Servants(like lare). The bait gacha for Valentines was Mysterious Heroine X(Alter), Berserker class.
Guess Valentine wasn't much worth it then. I seem to be destined to never do this event, so fine by me.

Although some of the choco CE seem pretty nice, but it doesn't seem to be worth the farm. I already showcase enough care by bond farming in the first place ...

Quote:
EoR is story so never goes away and can be completed whenever you want. Emiya Alter is story lock, and servants there are called by their class (eg. Saber, Archer, Assassin) until you manage to figure out their names. A new health system for the AI, multiple bars that prevent very high damage NP to one shot the enemy and a fairy challenging fights.
Yeah, the AI changes to health par (and the AI itself I think?) had made the battles more difficult. Much enjoyable I think, but makes it time consuming with the team I'm running with lol

The idea of hiding the Servants names is nice, and provides a better way for the story to not be spoiled like it was in the earlier chapters. Kinda curious about what will they do on the Musashi chapter then.

Also the PV was surprising on them using Gudako in it. Are they going to keep using her as the poster portag of the EoR chapters, or will they alternate between the 2?

Quote:
Right now, everyone is just bored to death since it's a week of nothing yet again since Shinjuku was pretty short story wise and gameplay wise. Discussion of Arthur's trial quest got exhausted pretty quick even if it was full of stuff. So there's nothing else to do but farm EXP, QP and bonds points. Or play other games.
So, same old same old

I guess that's the Achilles heel of this game, since the main draw is the story (and characters), when the story is done and the character stuff isn't urgent, we end up with these periods of boredom. The lull post the ending was natural, but I worry about them keeping up interest at this rate, unless EoR chapters come out in an orderly manner.

What was the general reception of Shinjuku?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
He looks like a nun in that outfit
Only appropriate, since he needs to pass as androgynous enough to pass as a man or woman.
Old 2017-03-13, 11:53   Link #22442
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I guess that's the Achilles heel of this game, since the main draw is the story (and characters), when the story is done and the character stuff isn't urgent, we end up with these periods of boredom. The lull post the ending was natural, but I worry about them keeping up interest at this rate, unless EoR chapters come out in an orderly manner.
The problem was:
  • We had pretty much nothing in November
  • A deluge of content in December
  • Nothing in January except a tweaked version of the worst event in the game's history (Dango)
  • One week of a one-quest a day event (Dantes) followed by a week of nothing but a single challenge quest for Dantes
  • Two weeks of mediocre farming for Valentine's (by the standards of normal events, due to how few mats were in the shop itself, though the quest drops were good)
  • Two weeks of Shinjuku (which only took about 3-4 days to finish)
  • The current week of literally nothing
And now Honnouji lite rerun. It'll be fun, if nothing else, but it's just more rehashed content for those who have played since the beginning. It's not really any longer between actual story than it was before part 1 ended, but unlike back then the events they put between story segments is rehashed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 12:04   Link #22443
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Sure thing. 019790893, my IGN is Arabesque.

What was the general reception of Shinjuku?
Added. Name is mil.

Shinjuku was received well I guess. Most loved the Alters' appearance and the way the True Names of the Servants were hidden until you unlock it one by one in the story. It's Emiya Alter who just baffled everyone since it's Emiya, whose an Alter. We hardly got any info on him plus his looks are a controversy. The plot wasn't that groundbreaking but there were some moments that were interesting. It's the characters that are the best parts of the chapter I believe. Aside from the Alters, Shinjuku Archer was done well. Everything about him was really good, from start to finish.

Gameplaywise it was decent since it added a new thing of getting more bond points for using Evil Servants, which limited your options and made it a challenge if you want to benefit from it. The health bar is a mixed opinion I guess. Saw people didn't like it because it made battles longer than usual. And there were frustrating battles in the latter parts that everyone just hated for several reasons.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 12:49   Link #22444
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The problem was:
  • One week of a one-quest a day event (Dantes) followed by a week of nothing but a single challenge quest for Dantes
  • Two weeks of mediocre farming for Valentine's (by the standards of normal events, due to how few mats were in the shop itself, though the quest drops were good)
  • Two weeks of Shinjuku (which only took about 3-4 days to finish)
  • The current week of literally nothing
I went away after Dango, so now that I see how little new stuff happened, it does put things into context. And yeah, it's easy to see now that it's less of a lull and more the lack of new content for post ending players.

If I had to see the logic in it, I guess that because the game had such a massive amount of content in December, and a lot of players joined then post Solomon, they are essentially getting everyone new up to speed by rehashing the older events, while taking their time in making new content for later on.

The point about "pretty much nothing in November" makes me also think they might be thinking that it doesn't matter if there is dearth of content now. FGO ended up not charting in the Top 10 grossing games in November last year, only to shoot up to 4 and then top 3 in December and January respectively. So they might be thinking "when we have new content, players will come. Until then, just recycle the old stuff for the new players to finish".

Of course, I don't think this is a wise move, but the game is sort of in a weird situation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's not really any longer between actual story than it was before part 1 ended, but unlike back then the events they put between story segments is rehashed.
I do wish some of the events end up being reworked to be like Nero 2.0 or even 2 parts like Halloween in that case, just to give both new and older players something. But I guess that isn't possible in this time :/

Quote:
Added. Name is mil.
Accepted. Will put in Arthur once I level him in the Saber or All slot.

Quote:
Shinjuku was received well I guess. Most loved the Alters' appearance and the way the True Names of the Servants were hidden until you unlock it one by one in the story. It's Emiya Alter who just baffled everyone since it's Emiya, whose an Alter. We hardly got any info on him plus his looks are a controversy. The plot wasn't that groundbreaking but there were some moments that were interesting. It's the characters that are the best parts of the chapter I believe. Aside from the Alters, Shinjuku Archer was done well. Everything about him was really good, from start to finish.
Emiya Alter's looks being controversial was a given I'm not sure why they designed him looking like that, but this game has it's fair share of oddly and terribly designed servants as is! What's one more!

Alter being a focus here and the return of the motorbike was very welcome, I agree. I really like that they had given it to her, I hope all the Saber-face servants end up getting their own versions down the line

(Although, I'm sure there will be collectors who bankrupt themselves trying to get all those hypothetical bikes )

Shinjuku Archer was pretty cool too. I like that we are getting more 5* male servants now, and also an older gentleman. Raita being back was a plus with a servant whose anatomy looks human like.

Quote:
Gameplaywise it was decent since it added a new thing of getting more bond points for using Evil Servants, which limited your options and made it a challenge if you want to benefit from it. The health bar is a mixed opinion I guess. Saw people didn't like it because it made battles longer than usual. And there were frustrating battles in the latter parts that everyone just hated for several reasons.
The new health bar is a welcome change for those who want the game to continue being challenging after Camelot/Babylon/Solomon, but for those who are playing casually or don't have much time to spend, it must be a frustrating thing to deal with.

The health bars wouldn't be such an issue if there was an option to change the difficulty of the nodes (so harder nodes get them, easy nodes don't) but I imagine programming them and the size of the game being as huge as it is now all play a factor in just keeping them as is.

Terrible Idea:They should get back the boss rush from Nero Olympics, pre-nerf, and have each servant have the Shinjuku Health Bars.

The bonus Bond for Evil servants is very welcome, problem isn't that I don't have many who are maxed Caligula and Kiyo pretty much walk through the early nodes alright, but given the comment of frustrating battles coming ahead, I suspect I'll need to change a lot of my team.
Old 2017-03-13, 15:50   Link #22445
Rasen

The new health bar barely affected me.

Maybe because I can't (I think), buff the crap out of my Servants so that they OTK the enemy, so I have to chip away at their HP slowly instead.

LOL, I guess it's a measure that only hurts the proficient players.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 15:56   Link #22446
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

What annoyed me about the Overgauge is that if you overkill the first health bar the damage won't transfer to the second health bar so if you made the mistake of NP chaining it would be wasted.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 16:03   Link #22447
GDB

Worst feeling was leaving the enemy with 17hp pre-break and not having an AoE NP to use.
Old 2017-03-13, 18:30   Link #22448
MartianMage

Well if the excess damage carried over to the next bar then they might as well just give the enemies massive hp pools cause making you not overcommit is the whole point of the extra bars.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 02:02   Link #22449
tiatiu

ugh should i pull or not iwant okita but want to save gems for summer event
Old 2017-03-14, 02:47   Link #22450
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
The point about "pretty much nothing in November" makes me also think they might be thinking that it doesn't matter if there is dearth of content now. FGO ended up not charting in the Top 10 grossing games in November last year, only to shoot up to 4 and then top 3 in December and January respectively. So they might be thinking "when we have new content, players will come. Until then, just recycle the old stuff for the new players to finish".

The health bars wouldn't be such an issue if there was an option to change the difficulty of the nodes (so harder nodes get them, easy nodes don't) but I imagine programming them and the size of the game being as huge as it is now all play a factor in just keeping them as is.

Terrible Idea:They should get back the boss rush from Nero Olympics, pre-nerf, and have each servant have the Shinjuku Health Bars.

The bonus Bond for Evil servants is very welcome, problem isn't that I don't have many who are maxed Caligula and Kiyo pretty much walk through the early nodes alright, but given the comment of frustrating battles coming ahead, I suspect I'll need to change a lot of my team.
Well we did have Christmas '16 on November and very heavy story load on December. Through the only really new content on '17 is Shinjuku not counting try outs of course. However the game managed to make money with Merlin, Hassan and alike so people are still putting money despite not having new content.

The multi-bars is to avoid one shots like 1M robin nuke tree, works fairly well for that and add an option for multiple AI behaviour. The evil bonus doesn't work for me because Knight class have near to 0 evil, while Assassin and Riders (all pirates) are overloaded with them, and the stages are archers loaded (evel lancers: Liz, Lin Shuwen) so normally people use a non-evil in most cases.

Trivia point: I've rolled at least one new servant (any rarity) every month so far. But this March might be my first month without new servant.

Quote:
ugh should i pull or not iwant okita but want to save gems for summer event
Summer Event...?
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 02:59   Link #22451
tiatiu

Quote:

Summer Event...?
the beach event i only got tamamo beach and kiyohime from last year ihope they re run it iwant to get arthur beach
Old 2017-03-14, 03:31   Link #22452
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatiu View Post
the beach event i only got tamamo beach and kiyohime from last year ihope they re run it iwant to get arthur beach
No confirmation about if it will have this year or not.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 03:36   Link #22453
Cicili

Quote:

I remember way back like a year ago, people commented on that FGO was making 1 million dollars a day. And recently we had that chart which shows that revenue is increasing instead of decreasing.

I think at this point they're just swimming in so much money they hardly care about money anymore so they do whatever they want.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 06:39   Link #22454
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Mordred summoning herself The way Mordred yells "Chichue!!!" is hilarious

Poor Seigfried gets bash by his fellow Servants.

huh I didn't notice the three rings when a Servant is rolled.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 06:56   Link #22455
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Nobu! NOBU!

Ugh...on one hand, I really like Arthur so I want to give it a try during the CuAlter rate up. On the other hand, Okita-chan is also awesome & certified broken. With so few quartz remaining...decisions, decisions.

If Sita or Gareth-chan suddenly comes out of nowhere in the future ones, I'd truly be in despair.

The fact that that crazy crotch clown has a rate up & Bedivere doesn't is just pure injustice I tellz ya'.

(Camelot story spoilers be damned).
Old 2017-03-14, 07:29   Link #22456
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I gotta need to roll for a few CE to be able to grind enough points for Nobu.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 08:05   Link #22457
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Gacha CEs don't affect points. Only event Servants and the Gudao shop CE affects points. Gacha CEs affect currency drops.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 11:00   Link #22458
GDB

Quote:
No confirmation about if it will have this year or not.
Please, they're repeating every other event. Of course they're going to repeat the summer event in some fashion, even if it's only as a summon pool and not a literal "event".

Quote:
Gacha CEs don't affect points. Only event Servants and the Gudao shop CE affects points. Gacha CEs affect currency drops.
Which is the difficult part, since the dailies alone should be more than enough points for Nobu since so many people have Okita and LB Gudao already.
Old 2017-03-14, 12:10   Link #22459
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Nobu! NOBU!

Ugh...on one hand, I really like Arthur so I want to give it a try during the CuAlter rate up. On the other hand, Okita-chan is also awesome & certified broken. With so few quartz remaining...decisions, decisions.

If Sita or Gareth-chan suddenly comes out of nowhere in the future ones, I'd truly be in despair.

The fact that that crazy crotch clown has a rate up & Bedivere doesn't is just pure injustice I tellz ya'.

(Camelot story spoilers be damned).
I'm not sure who the crotch clown is, bue Bedi doesn't need a rate-up. As a 3 star, if you do a couple rolls during this Chaldea Boys event, you'll probably get several of him, COOOOOOOL, and any other guy. (Since the pool appears to be limited to the males)
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 12:47   Link #22460
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Well we did have Christmas '16 on November and very heavy story load on December. Through the only really new content on '17 is Shinjuku not counting try outs of course. However the game managed to make money with Merlin, Hassan and alike so people are still putting money despite not having new content.
The best period of growth the game had was when they went all out and finish season 1 in December + had exclusive gotcha for 2 really cool/strong servants (King/Merlin). It's when a lot of new players also checked in to see what the game is about (since the story conclusion came out and stuff) and older players got to have more broken/cool looking units in game.

So yeah, I don't think the game has trouble making money, but I do wonder if they can recreate the same level of success down the line if they are busy just rehashing events now. The logic I see in them doing what they are doing now is that they are trying to get everyone caught up to speed with the previous events + story, while taking time in making new content later. But if the older players don't have much to do or work towards until then, what will happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
I remember way back like a year ago, people commented on that FGO was making 1 million dollars a day. And recently we had that chart which shows that revenue is increasing instead of decreasing.

I think at this point they're just swimming in so much money they hardly care about money anymore so they do whatever they want.
It could that they are taking it easy now, since EoR is sort of an interlude between season 1 and 2, but the mobile space is really competitive in what draws new players and keeping your player base engaged with the game. I don't think they can keep on recycling older events on this base without something new with enough substance for the older players, unless they really don't care about keeping the game running for years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
but Bedi doesn't need a rate-up
To be honest, they should either move the 3* story locked servants to the FP gatcha already, or at least give them a "soft" rate up. Bedi is the best 3* Saber (and the best chapter support character) but he has to yet get a rate up, which is ridiculous.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon