Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-08-07, 13:16   Link #221
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
But... it is a PS3 game.
... yeah, but what i meant is, instead of trying something more progressive, they when backwards. If we consider that it is a ps3 game it isn't a bad thing.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 21:22   Link #222
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

what is progressive, abandoning the game style and went full AAA western like FF15?
Old 2016-08-07, 23:56   Link #223
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
what is progressive, abandoning the game style and went full AAA western like FF15?
FF15? to me that game is a spin-off of the main series.
Progressive means to me improving and adding new things to it. Just like what they did going from ToG and ToX1/2 to ToZ, or ToS to TotA aso.
BTW I wish they would change some enemy models next time. those western styled eneimes looked kind of off in ToZ and here.
Old 2016-08-10, 20:57   Link #224
ninjastarforcex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-eU_GjEKDo

this game has so many costumes, and magilou is just too sexy
Old 2016-08-15, 21:08   Link #225
Ultragunner

So they really ditched the open world style of Zestiria? such a shame, since that's one of the few strong points of ToZ which I had hope Bandai would keep.

Granted I kinda enjoy ToZ, dunno why many get so disappointed (aside the whole Alisha debacle that is )
Old 2016-08-15, 22:41   Link #226
coded321
He Who Games

gameplay wise, people loved ToZ. Its in regard to ToZ's plot and story that most people were disappointed in. There were so many problems in ToZ's plot even if you exclude the alisha controversy.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 22:53   Link #227
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The story made it tough for me to really get into ToZ. Controversy didn't help anything, though it was hardly the breaking point.

Haven't looked too hard into ToB, but if nothing else the opening sequence looks good . Decided to try to avoid too many spoilers. Plus I do approve of the fact that they are actually going to have lyrics for that song .

If nothing else I like the lead for this one. I give a thumbs up to a character using a red demonic hand of doom . Not a bad shift to go with a main character in Velvet who is so rage driven. Room to grow and certainly will drive the story forward with that attitude.
Old 2016-08-16, 00:46   Link #228
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
gameplay wise, people loved ToZ. Its in regard to ToZ's plot and story that most people were disappointed in. There were so many problems in ToZ's plot even if you exclude the alisha controversy.
Wasn't the fusion mechanic criticized, because the player was pretty much forced to use it and would only have two characters most of the time during each battle? Also, the combat looked really awkward with the character animations. I've never played it myself but I've seen some LPs.
Old 2016-08-16, 01:03   Link #229
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I loved the characters. The skits were more than enjoyable.

The dungeons were as boring and repetitive as the Radiant Mythology games, and bosses ended up being bigger HP sponges than Abyss on Unknown mode because it accounted for Armatization damage. Then there's also the camera issues and the unstable (though not as bad as the Xillias') framerate.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 01:26   Link #230
Dragon_Slayer_X

ToZ in a nutshell can be called a wasted potential. The story is average, not too bad but with a few changes it could have been something much better. Personally the lack of romance was a bit annoying for me. Not to mention the Alisha issue, while the game gave an actual reason (though half-assed) with her being more involved in the story, ToZ could have been much better. That aside, i do like the cast, but i feel they could have done better. But the ending wasn't really pleasant.......Tales series likes to make the MC suffer i guess considering what happened to Luke/Ash.

Gameplay-wise people were put off by 2 MC - 2 Seraphim setup making things a bit restricted and the combo and weapon skill system was confusing. The Armatizations were cool though. Personally i don't have too much issues gameplay wise.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 07:08   Link #231
ninjastarforcex

ToZ is the most disappointing Tales ever
-plot? simple, cliche average, yet very incomplete with shitton of half assed sub plot (fox guy?? maltran?? aizen?? zaveid pistol???)
-some character just get removed for basically no reason, replaced by mary sue hypocrite pure-hearted assassin (lol)
-armatization is just another restriction
-limited arte combo
-useless, pointless, very complicated equipment upgrade system
-camera angle in dungeon is just plain terrible
-no skit along the way and is very hard to get for a non-Inn fan like me, I have to spam Inn like 10 times in a row for no reason just to wonder if there is a skit or not

+windrun

let's see how berseria fix those fuck ups
Old 2016-08-16, 12:14   Link #232
GDB

Quote:
gameplay wise, people loved ToZ.
No they didn't. I don't think I've seen a single person say they loved it. One or two likes, lot of indifferents, and a lot of dislike/hate.

Quote:
Its in regard to ToZ's plot and story that most people were disappointed in. There were so many problems in ToZ's plot even if you exclude the alisha controversy.
This is just why you don't hear most people complain about the gameplay; because the story was a worse issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Wasn't the fusion mechanic criticized, because the player was pretty much forced to use it and would only have two characters most of the time during each battle?
There was this, the AI was one of the worst I've ever seen in a game, and if you didn't get exceptionally lucky with Exceed item drops your fighting style literally didn't change from the beginning of the game until you beat the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
let's see how berseria fix those fuck ups
This is the key right here. Are they going to learn from the mistakes they made or are they just going to continue pumping out titles until they stop selling? Guess we'll know pretty soon.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 13:15   Link #233
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Haven't looked too hard into ToB, but if nothing else the opening sequence looks good . Decided to try to avoid too many spoilers. Plus I do approve of the fact that they are actually going to have lyrics for that song .
To be fair White Light only got the lyrics removed for the western release. You win some (JP voices), you loose some (No song lyrics for you!).

Btw add me in the pool of people that didn't really get into Zestria. I don't think I've ever felt so compelled to avoid combat in other Tales games like I did in that one. In fact I haven't finished it yet due to a bloody HP sponge boss that I know is coming and lack the willpower to grind xp to level up.

It's a shame because, like most Tales games, the Characters manage to sort of redeem the story.
Old 2016-08-16, 16:11   Link #234
Shadow5YA

As a person who doesn't have Alisha goggles, Zestiria's plot is far from the worst for me, considering how mediocre Graces' main plot is and how offensive Xillia 2's plot is. People talk about Alisha, but fractured Milla was treated far worse.

My primary gripe with Zestiria's story was all the loose ends. Maltran's motivation was barely foreshadowed, Symonne's backstory was nearly nonexistent, Zaveid's backstory was brushed over, Eizan's backstory was nonexistent, etc.

As far as Sorey and his party goes, I liked them all, and I well understood why he did what he did. It was a pragmatic solution that still maintains his good hearted nature. That's much better than Xillia 2's mess, where nearly all of them were villians with a case of "which is the lesser evil" with the exception of Elle and alt Milla.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 16:35   Link #235
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
As a person who doesn't have Alisha goggles, Zestiria's plot is far from the worst for me, considering how mediocre Graces' main plot is and how offensive Xillia 2's plot is. People talk about Alisha, but fractured Milla was treated far worse.

My primary gripe with Zestiria's story was all the loose ends. Maltran's motivation was barely foreshadowed, Symonne's backstory was nearly nonexistent, Zaveid's backstory was brushed over, Eizan's backstory was nonexistent, etc.

As far as Sorey and his party goes, I liked them all, and I well understood why he did what he did. It was a pragmatic solution that still maintains his good hearted nature. That's much better than Xillia 2's mess, where nearly all of them were villians with a case of "which is the lesser evil" with the exception of Elle and alt Milla.
i can agree with most of this post especially where it concerns to alt milla (there really should have been a way to save her) and xillia 2 was dark for the sake of being dark with a protagonist forced to go through everything because of a BS debt, and honestly the only real gripe i have with zestiria is rose's role as an assassin which takes away from sorey's conflict of morality with being the shepherd means that purifying the land means that sometimes you will have to kill the person causing it, her being an assassin allows for her to take that burden away from him which hurts part of the story, and this has nothing todo with that contraversy if alisha did the same thing i would have reacted the same way
Old 2016-08-16, 22:40   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
To be fair White Light only got the lyrics removed for the western release. You win some (JP voices), you loose some (No song lyrics for you!).

Btw add me in the pool of people that didn't really get into Zestria. I don't think I've ever felt so compelled to avoid combat in other Tales games like I did in that one. In fact I haven't finished it yet due to a bloody HP sponge boss that I know is coming and lack the willpower to grind xp to level up.

It's a shame because, like most Tales games, the Characters manage to sort of redeem the story.
Hmm didn't know that. Odd move, but suppose if it was one or the other I would go with the voices . Hopefully we can get both for this one. A totally instrumental opening just seems...lacking to me .

Yeah, this is one of the rare Tales I just couldn't get myself to finish. A shame, but suppose I can always try to finish it some other time.

Still, looking forward to this one. Hopefully they get things right.
Old 2016-08-16, 23:06   Link #237
Ultragunner

I, and few others , really enjoy the combat though (pls don't judge me ), especially the rock-paper-scissors relationship of Martial-Hidden-Seraphic Artes.
There are times that I have to stop fighting to move on with the story

Does anyone know how combat will work in Berseria? Do we still have the classification of artes into Martial-Hidden-Seraphic/Malak?
Old 2016-08-17, 11:05   Link #238
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Does anyone know how combat will work in Berseria? Do we still have the classification of artes into Martial-Hidden-Seraphic/Malak?
The demo is still up, try for yourself.

YAY, amazon just shipped my copy, but expected delivery date is the 23rd...

Last edited by Sides; 2016-08-17 at 23:18.
Old 2016-08-18, 16:38   Link #239
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The demo is still up, try for yourself.

YAY, amazon just shipped my copy, but expected delivery date is the 23rd...
Implying everyone has a PS4/PS3

.. Believe it or not some of us are waiting for the PC version. I do have PS3 but why bother when I can play on PC?

As far as ToZ goes gameplay wise .. Well I can say easily I loved it .. The battles anyway. The fusion stuff seemed overly complex to me and it could have been done in a better way. Doesn't top Graces though .. I doubt nothing will for a while.
Old 2016-08-18, 17:46   Link #240
coded321
He Who Games

when i said people loved the ToZ gameplay, i was mainly referring to the battle/combat system. sorry for not being specific. what i trying to say was, for ToZ, the gameplay was the superior aspect over the game's plot. it was far from perfect of course, but for some people, was the only thing that kept them playing until at least the final boss.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc/steam, ps3, rpg