Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-05-05, 03:30   Link #1
Brother Coa
Banned

New Sabaton Album releases in August.

Yes, yes, yes... so much yes!!!

Spoiler for Official artwork of new album:

It will be titled "The Last Stand" and judging from the cover art it will feature Spartans, Ronins, Alamo troops, Crusaders, Vietnam War US soldiers and WW2 US soldiers.

It will probably be as good as Heroes which is great news.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 07:52   Link #2
Brother Coa
Banned

Sabaton released the names of the song today that will be in new album.

"CD+DVD-DIGI
CD
01. Sparta
02. Last Dying Breath
03. Blood Of Bannockburn
04. Diary Of An Unknown Soldier
05. The Lost Battalion
06. Rorke’s Drift
07. The Last Stand
08. Hill 3234
09. Shiroyama
10. Winged Hussars
11. The Last Battle
Bonus:
12. Camouflage
13. All Guns Blazing"

1 - Leonidas and 300.
2 - Unknown.
3 - Battle of Bannockburn, Scottish vs English in First War of Scottish Independence.
4 - Unknown.
5 - about nine companies of the United States’ 77th Division during the battle of the Argonne in 1918.
6 - Epic battle between Zulu and British during Zulu wars. Watch 'Zulu' movie.
7 - Unknown.
8 - Soviet 345th Independent Guards Airborne Regiment vs Mujaheddin in Afghanistan. Watch '9'th company' movie.
9 - Last battle of Samurai rebellion. Watch 'Last Samurai' movie.
10 - about Polish hussars.
11 - unknown.

So far so good.
Old 2016-06-10, 11:08   Link #3
Brother Coa
Banned

They have released first song in the new album today:

This one is about United States’ 77th Division during the battle of the Argonne in 1918. Once inside woods they were encircled by German Army and suffered heavy losses. They were saved few days later but out of 500 men only 150 or so survived.

The ending also teased of another song in the album, and it is mentioning Swiss Guard.
Old 2016-06-15, 03:45   Link #4
teacup
Professional lurker

I need this NOW.

teacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-19, 15:00   Link #5
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenuity View Post
I need this NOW.
Ditto.

I've been a fan of this band since The Art of War, and till date there isn't a single album of theirs that I dislike. So I have no problem assuming that this will be another masterpiece.

Also, this band is a pleasure to watch live. They're great musicians and their crowd interaction is also wonderful. And the fans take great pleasure to get the most out of it. I'll be seeing them for what I think is the fifth time next year, and I'm already looking forward to it.

BTW, Carolus Rex = best Sabaton album, especially the Swedish version.
Old 2016-06-28, 05:19   Link #6
Brother Coa
Banned

I know I am a little late but here is info abot the new song from German magazine who was with Sabaton on their test singing:

Sabaton - "The Last Stand" listening session

1. Sparta
Music: Brodén/Kängström
Lyrics: Brodén/Sundström

The song is very bombastic, with a very catchy chorus, the midsection comes with the "HUH HAH" shouts from 300. It's a first-class opener that is predestined to put a live concert in ruins. The song is about the battle of Thermopylae, where the famous 300 led by king Leonidas defended the entrance to the kingdom of Sparta.

2. Last Dying Breath
Music: Brodén/Kängström

This song is about the defense of Belgrade(1915), where Major Gavrilovic spoke the following words to his troops:

”Soldiers, exactly at three o´clock the enemy is to be crushed by your fierce charge, destroyed by your grenades and bayonets. The honour of Belgrade, our capital, must not be stained.
Soldiers! Heroes! The supreme command has erased our regiment from its records.
Our regiment has been sacrificed for the honour of Belgrade and the fatherland.
Therefore, you no longer need to worry about your lives: they no longer exist.
So, forward to glory! For the king and the fatherland!
Long live the King! Long live Belgrade!”

Modern, tinged with midtempo bangers. The keyboard is dominant and very melodic.

3. Blood of Bannockburn
Music: Brodén
Lyrics: Sundström

The album's surprise, use of bagpipes and a Deep Purple style moderate Hammond organs, which are not used by Sabaton. A great song with a Braveheart flair that showed us that the Swedes are still good for a few surprises. This is about the history after the death of William Wallace in 1314, when the Scots, under the command of Robert The Bruce, pushed back the British.

4. Diary of an Unknown Soldier

"I remember the Argonne, 1918.
The sound of that battle still haunts me to this day.
The machine guns firing from enemy lines.
The sickening sound of a bayonet tearing through human flesh.
The soldier next to me firing his sidearm in desperation.
All these sounds still echo in my mind, and as conducted by death himself it all comes together as music.
A rhythm of death
A symphony of war"

Spoken intro by Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth), which statments reflects from a veteran's diary and merges into the next song.

5. The Lost Battalion

You already know it, if not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTgkTEDDog

6. Rorke's Drift

In this song the Metal axe is unpacked again. Tough, swift as an arrow with a fat double bass drums and a class, outstanding guitar work. The hardest song on the album. In 1879, about 4000 Zulu fighters attacked a British station defended by only 150 soldiers. The Brits only lost 17 men to the long-lasting battle.

7. The Last Stand
Music: Brodén/Rörland

A typicalk sing along track which is initiated by the sound of ringing bells. It has everything you need and everything the fans love about the band: Succint keys, extreamely heavy choruses and a chorus that you want to sing along to. It's about the struggle of the Swiss Guard against the roman troops who decided to plunder Rome. The few remaining Swiss guards lost their lives on the steps of St.Peter Basilica.

8. Hill 3234

Very midtempo, heavy with a massive choir, and it couldn't be otherwise, very distinctive keys. A typical Sabaton stamper. The song is about the events on Hill 3234 (1988), the struggle of the Soviet forces against the Afghans.

09. Shiroyama
Music: Brodén/Englund
Lyrics: Brodén

Very catchy, almost a bit trendy. Great singing by Joakim. The theme of this song is the fight of the legendary samurais in the battle of Shiroyama (1877). At the end of the battle, only 40 samurais remained, those samurais then charged the enemy and fought until the lost one lost his life.

10. Winged Hussars

About the battle of Vienna (1683) where the Hussars fought against 140'000 soldiers of the Ottoman empire. The keyboard is similar to "The Art of War" and the chorus steals your sleep. One of the album's highjlight and certainly the catchiest one.

11. The Last Battle

A rocking, experimental and joyful song that as the fight in the Tyrolean Alps to the Waffen-SS after the demise of the third Reich (May 1945) as a theme. The track is very unusual for Sabaton because it shines through it's rock guitars with an almost Europ flair, but fits perfectly with the rest of the album. For me the biggest surprise and a melodic rock twist on the title is always right. Hammer track and a worthy conclusion.
Old 2016-07-29, 01:59   Link #7
Brother Coa
Banned

I know I am a little late but Sabaton released another song from their new album, Blood of Bannockburn.

Now, the song is fine by me but it seems that some did not like it. I have nothing against band trying out new stuff but it seems that not everyone like their decision.

I will put my judgement on hold until whole album is released.
Old 2016-08-12, 15:20   Link #8
Brother Coa
Banned

Another new song.

This one is about Shiroyama, last stand of 500 Samurai vs new Imperial Japanese Army.
Old 2016-08-19, 03:05   Link #9
Brother Coa
Banned

ALBUM IS OUT!!!

And I may say that I love it. At least what I always liked about Sabaton - historic tribute and storytelling. Whoever liked Sabaton for metal is going to be little disappointed as it's quite toned down from say Coat of Arms or Attero Dominatus.
Old 2016-08-19, 20:29   Link #10
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

To be fair, Sabaton's been toning down the power metal since Carolus Rex, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Definitely agree with you though: The album is just as good as I've come to expect from Sabaton. I can't wait to see what songs from it they play when I go see them in concert again in a few months.