Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 03:50   Link #62
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The animation is pretty good.
Speaking of which... it's pretty CGI heavy, but this show is IMHO an interesting technical achievement. It's one of the first where I actually sorta appreciate it rather than want to tear my eyes out. It's still somewhat awkward in some scenes involving human characters, but definitely miles better than the past efforts I've seen.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 08:22   Link #63
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Inuyashiki really is such a sweet guy. And it's actually refreshing to have a protagonist that is genuinely altruistic without the story or some character hinting at him being mentally damaged. Also props to the voice actor because his screaming in the fight and flight scenes had me in stitches.

Such a contrast to that nihilistic scumbag. I hope Inuyashiki breaks his finger off. Great directing on that last scene with him just going into that house purely for noise control. Chilling beyond belief.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 18:24   Link #64
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just checked the manga only has 10 volumes by now. Since it is a Noitamina show, does it mean it will last 12 episodes more or less?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 19:20   Link #65
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Just checked the manga only has 10 volumes by now. Since it is a Noitamina show, does it mean it will last 12 episodes more or less?
It's only 11 episodes, actually. I think the show could actually cover all 10 volumes, since the manga is very decompressed, with few panels per page, lots of double-page spreads and very little dialogue, but it really needs to pick up the pace. Episode 3 only got to the end of volume 2.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 21:01   Link #66
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

This show is actually pretty different. Inuyashiki's facial expressions are REALLY awful sometimes, but for a non-shipping show, I'm still watching it. So that must stand for something...

Now if only I didn't think of Kill Bill when the High School Kid goes on rampage. Bang Bang he shot me down!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 21:44   Link #67
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He's lucky Hiro thought he was an ordinary old man and didn't try to look into him.
The way he has been portrayed thus far in the show is that he's fairly perceptive. Case in point he is able to figure out how to work his new-found body. There are other information like how he communicated with his friend about school life, bullies, the various things he can do with his body and etc.. seem to support he is observant and isn't missing much detail. Surely it wouldn't escape him that if he can exist as he is, there is a possibility he is not unique.

I actually thought it took him by surprise that perhaps another like him exist and did not want to confront Inuyashiki at that very moment.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 07:41   Link #68
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The way he has been portrayed thus far in the show is that he's fairly perceptive. Case in point he is able to figure out how to work his new-found body. There are other information like how he communicated with his friend about school life, bullies, the various things he can do with his body and etc.. seem to support he is observant and isn't missing much detail. Surely it wouldn't escape him that if he can exist as he is, there is a possibility he is not unique.

I actually thought it took him by surprise that perhaps another like him exist and did not want to confront Inuyashiki at that very moment.
Also he should have noted he wasn't alone in that park when he got hit by the UFO...

Old 2017-10-29, 13:26   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
We heard his thoughts after he saw Inuyashiki had survived. He was shocked at first and then he rationalized what happened as his finger gun missfiring. He'll figure it out eventually, but at the moment I don't think he suspects Inuyashiki is like him.

And I don't think Hiro saw Inuyashiki in the park. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts.
Old 2017-10-31, 06:39   Link #70
Psyco Diver

Well that got dark, I got caught up last night. First episode made it seem like this would be bumbling super hero comedy but that second and third episode really hit hard
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 10:03   Link #71
Irenesharda

I pretty sure that what Hiro said to his friend was true, he's always been like this. The small flashback to them as kids really gave a clue to that being the case. He just escalated. The thing is his friend either didn't notice or didn't think what Hiro was doing was quite that bad. One thing noted about a psychopath is that they can usually pretend pretty well to be part of society. To everyone else, they seem perfectly normal, admirable even. But it's all an act.
I would not at all be surprised if Hiro had killed prior to him becoming an android. I wonder if that was why he was in the park?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 17:54   Link #72
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I pretty sure that what Hiro said to his friend was true, he's always been like this. The small flashback to them as kids really gave a clue to that being the case. He just escalated. The thing is his friend either didn't notice or didn't think what Hiro was doing was quite that bad. One thing noted about a psychopath is that they can usually pretend pretty well to be part of society. To everyone else, they seem perfectly normal, admirable even. But it's all an act.
I would not at all be surprised if Hiro had killed prior to him becoming an android. I wonder if that was why he was in the park?
I don't think he has. He may have killed animals, I don't think humans. But that would be mostly for fear of being caught and the consequences. He made it a point of stressing how much these are important for him. When his friend questioned him, his first reaction was "well but they can't catch me so it's no problem".

Old 2017-11-01, 20:48   Link #73
Irenesharda

Well he knows that people would try to catch him, psychopaths do hide their actions and try to seem normal. But he still sees nothing wrong with his actions morally. His first thought is that his friend thinks there will be consequences, not that what he is doing is wrong. When his friend continues to question him, he actually looks confused as to what his friend is making such a big deal about. But you are right in that he might have just been up to killing animals and such at that point and that he escalated to people after he got the power to do so. I wouldn't put it past him in that the only reason that he didn't kill people before in that it would be too much trouble to try to put in the effort.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 02:14   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He may not even have had the impetus to kill animals before his transformation. Lots of psychopaths don't do anything because, while they don't feel it's morally wrong, they also don't see the point.

But after... He wanted to reassure himself he was still himself in some way. He wanted to feel.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 03:03   Link #75
Eater of All
NOM

Left on his own, Inuyashiki may just try to cure this world of sickness, heal every person - or creature - injured/killed due to an accident, prevent all crimes from happening, etc. He won't even be a hero at that point - he'd simply be a benevolent god. But a naive god, because while he _may_ be able to prevent disasters and cure illnesses, he can't change human nature. There will be conflicts, people will want to commit crimes, they will expect more and more out of him and begin blaming him for anything remotely wrong with their lives. It'll turn into a dystopian fiction.

I can see why we need someone as psychopathic as Hiro to balance out this altruism.
Old 2017-11-02, 05:26   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Left on his own, Inuyashiki may just try to cure this world of sickness, heal every person - or creature - injured/killed due to an accident, prevent all crimes from happening, etc. He won't even be a hero at that point - he'd simply be a benevolent god. But a naive god, because while he _may_ be able to prevent disasters and cure illnesses, he can't change human nature. There will be conflicts, people will want to commit crimes, they will expect more and more out of him and begin blaming him for anything remotely wrong with their lives. It'll turn into a dystopian fiction.

I can see why we need someone as psychopathic as Hiro to balance out this altruism.
That's why I think these powers might come at a price or new character might appear with these things. Also, the origins of these powers are aliens again Oku?
Old 2017-11-02, 15:43   Link #77
Nivek von Beldo

The first minutes of this chapter...yes this is a series from Gantz and both Hen/HEN creator.

Beatiful yet basic fillerish chapter, show how Inuyashiki actions translated as a hero...but the lack of Hiro scarred me, i knew he will fuck it next chapter or some moment and yet hope Inuyashiki is strong to stop him...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 17:52   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was amused they chose Takaya Kuroda to voice the yakuza. As a big fan of the Yakuza game series, I immediately thought of Kazuma Kiryuu and how this character was pretty much his polar opposite.

This story felt a bit like filler at first, but the ending made me understand just how important it was. It painted Inuyashiki in a different, darker light. He went from friendly neighborhood hero to dangerous vigilante. What he did to those men was far worse than killing them. I didn't think he had it in him to do such things.
Old 2017-11-02, 18:47   Link #79
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
I was amused they chose Takaya Kuroda to voice the yakuza. As a big fan of the Yakuza game series, I immediately thought of Kazuma Kiryuu and how this character was pretty much his polar opposite.

This story felt a bit like filler at first, but the ending made me understand just how important it was. It painted Inuyashiki in a different, darker light. He went from friendly neighborhood hero to dangerous vigilante. What he did to those men was far worse than killing them. I didn't think he had it in him to do such things.
So it was Kiryu's va!?

Man, are yakuza really that bad in Japan. Still, I loved seeing gramps beating up the yakuza with only one punch that made his foe's body basically breakdance in the process. But yet, a happy ending? That was too nice for Oku.
Old 2017-11-02, 19:15   Link #80
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I couldn't understand if it was him or the AI to dole out the punishment. His body just seems to act on his own in these situations.

Tags
elderly main protagonist, superheroes