AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-09-06, 02:01   Link #501
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Damage calculator I made. It's an application type, so you can run it like the Windows calculator app right off your desktop.
http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/2017/09...alculator.html
If there are any problems (aside from my opinions), don't hesitate to let me know.

PS:
Voting Gauntlet is a bad idea? Everyone knew that except the people that decided to make a web page just for it. They have too much free time, I guess.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 18:21   Link #502
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Me personally, I'm in the gauntlet only for the feathers, or for fun if there's someone I really like (Julia probably the only one I adored due to Cassandra Morris voicing her). In either case, whoever wins doesn't really bother me because it's not as if the winning character gets anything. Sure individual players can get tons of feathers by going to losing side matchups and monitor for multipliers, but the characters get jack squat so it's not a big of deal if they don't win.

I admit, before multipliers it was so much easier since you just drop your flags and forget about it, but one thing multipliers did was made people watch the match more closely. And anything that makes the game more interactive is a win overall for IS, as I doubt ANY one is going to quit FEH just because their character got upset in a voting contest that has no character rewards. :shrug:

How do you guys build Brave Ike anyway? I know of distant counter, but RNG decided to give me Amelia instead of a Hector while rolling for the TT banner. I still have an extra Hector, but my bait cavalry team (Camus/Xander/Cav healer) REALLY needs Titania with Distant Counter.

Basically what I'm asking is that, does Brave Ike really need distant counter? Brave Lyn is an epidemic in Arena Assault (like Takumi was at release), and that does squat against her. I guess getting rid of enemy blue mages IS nice on the counter, but if anyone has experience using BIke without DC, I would love to hear how he is used.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 01:56   Link #503
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Basically what I'm asking is that, does Brave Ike really need distant counter?
No?
I mean, the only reason you would give him that is to take out Linehart (or whatever you spell his localized name). If you let him counter ranged attack, Urvan's damage reduction ability doesn't work either, which actually could result in him dying from a mage's attack.
On top of that, his unique A Skill is pretty much "Absorb a mage's attack and kill him on the next turn", so you are also giving that up.

In other words, while the Counter skill can do something, you have much better options like Titania. Even if you had a hundred Hectors to use, "really need" is an exaggeration.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2017-09-08, 14:56   Link #504
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I admit, before multipliers it was so much easier since you just drop your flags and forget about it, but one thing multipliers did was made people watch the match more closely. And anything that makes the game more interactive is a win overall for IS, as I doubt ANY one is going to quit FEH just because their character got upset in a voting contest that has no character rewards. :shrug:
Until you get people NOT playing so as to try to make a multiplier more likely. This happened a lot this past gauntlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
No?
I mean, the only reason you would give him that is to take out Linehart (or whatever you spell his localized name). If you let him counter ranged attack, Urvan's damage reduction ability doesn't work either, which actually could result in him dying from a mage's attack.
This. Not only do you lose out on the absolutely amazing Steady Breath, it hurts Urvan's usefulness. (FYI, it's Reinhardt)

There's basically two ways I've seen to build BIke. One is Beorc's Blessing or QR (C skill doesn't really matter, special either Aether or Luna). The other is Shield Pulse/Aegis for when you want him to tank anything and everything. He even survives Cecila (or Cecilia... I forget which one the red mage is). Also saw one build that used Windsweep/Threaten SPD on a +SPD Ike... not sure what the point of that is to be honest.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 15:05   Link #505
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Until you get people NOT playing so as to try to make a multiplier more likely. This happened a lot this past gauntlet.
Play only multiplier battles > playing a lot and missing out on any of the multiplier battles
That itself sucks, since those multiplier moments can sometimes happen in the middle of the night. And missing out on just one of them can kick you off to the lower ranks, pretty much impossible to recover.

Or maybe the staff is trying to be smart (Eh?) and is trying to teach people the lesson that hard work doesn't always pay off, since some people just have better opportunities.

Old 2017-09-08, 15:18   Link #506
GDB

No, I mean people who normally play as much as they can, but campaigning for people to not do the gauntlet so the other team "outperforms expectations" and triggers a bonus.

They need to modify the multiplier to just be a flat bonus based on how many people are on either team, and then weigh points based on victory and level of the victory. Ie: A level 40 unit gives more points than a level 1 unit. And make it so rank is not affected by modifier, so people literally only choose who they like, and the winner is based on which team can actually perform better.
Old 2017-09-09, 01:15   Link #507
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I just realized that there was an English term for the Kozaki artwork of Lance Lucina.
The Uncanny Valley.

...Yeah, I could have just clicked on "English" when I was looking at the JP wiki page. I didn't think of the possibility there was a term for that doll-ish... artwork thing.

Old 2017-09-09, 04:30   Link #508
IceHism

How is -def +res Lyn compared to neutral?
Also, my Roy is +atk -spd, is this unsalvageable.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 08:37   Link #509
Tenzen12

I would say -def/+res is better Lyn. You really don't wanna tank physical damage (and with Sacae's blessing you don't really need to), in other hands being able tank more mages is much appreciated.

Quote:
I just realized that there was an English term for the Kozaki artwork of Lance Lucina.
The Uncanny Valley.

...Yeah, I could have just clicked on "English" when I was looking at the JP wiki page. I didn't think of the possibility there was a term for that doll-ish... artwork thing.
Yeah out of Brave heroes her standard artwork is my least favourite for that reason, her action and damaged arts fortunately work well.
Old 2017-09-10, 01:47   Link #510
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
How is -def +res Lyn compared to neutral?
Also, my Roy is +atk -spd, is this unsalvageable.
Assuming these are both the newer versions,
1. Better
2. Yeah. His whole idea is to attack twice and immediately activate his Special with Attack -> Counter -> Attack, so losing the speed to attack twice is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah out of Brave heroes her standard artwork is my least favourite for that reason, her action and damaged arts fortunately work well.
Putting aside the fact he draws slowly and has a big ego, Kozaki's front-side artwork is extraordinarily bad for some reason.

Old 2017-09-10, 04:26   Link #511
Tenzen12

To be fair in heroes only Veronica get on similar level and even she is not that bad imho. I myself prefer Wada, but I don't think it's big deal.
Old 2017-09-10, 14:07   Link #512
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Playing a bit with Brave Ike at Arena Assault (usually against total merge levels of +30 when my non-main teams are +0), I'm finding that it's not bad against Rein WITHOUT horse support (uncommon). He's a better version of Anna since I can count on him not getting ORKO'd, but will get run over by enemy horse support if you decide to kill Rein during playing phase. I think he's good enough without Distant Counter (as Titania is TERRIBLE without it), but Reinhardt being so prevalent makes me miss killing him on the spot. Will see if I can scrounge up enough orbs before TT is done, but if not it's not worth real money IMO.

As for the Braves, Lyn with -DEF +RES is usable. I personally trained up a bunch of archers with Bowbreakers to specifically counter the +10 Lyns (even a 4* Gordin can bait ORKO them if not fortified), mainly because it's cheaper to counter them through physical than through magical. Most people, judging through other sites, are complaining about the epidemic of Horse Lyns, so they clearly haven't done the same.

As such, with Archer Bowbreaker out of the meta still, -DEF is best bane since she ignores Distant Counter. +RES as boon is not on the same level as +ATK/+SPD, but is usable since she's not running Desperation. Overall, I'd say -DEF/+RES is slightly better than neutral.

Brave Roy on the other hand, TBH anything but +SPD feels terrible. His entire shctick is getting Galeforce procced on the first attack, then either run away or kill another enemy outside of danger zones. I'm glad he isn't as common as the other braves, since the +10's I face crushes my +0 lance users unless they run Triangle Adept (he is bulky enough to survive non-TA counter, procs galeforce, then desparation kills them on his free turn).

That said, he's still a Brave Unit, so he could see use in Arena Assault. Maybe run Darting Blow instead of his usual A Skill, as 31 base SPD + 6 Darting + 6 Horse buffs = 43 SPD should have him double a good amount of units as long as they aren't horse/flier buffed.

Old 2017-09-10, 22:46   Link #513
Aogami

Quote:
The Uncanny Valley.

Quote:
Putting aside the fact he draws slowly and has a big ego, Kozaki's front-side artwork is extraordinarily bad for some reason.
I think your personal disdain for the guy might be getting in the way of your view of his art, sure a lot his art and designs from awakening, fates, and Anna here in heroes can be pretty rough to straight up awful but I think Brave Lucina is one of his better works in a while.

Brave Lyn on the other hand just looks way too generic and sterile whether it's the style, use of colors or the poses.

My ranking for the Brave heroes art would be Roy>Ike>Lucina>>>>>Lyn

Oh yeah you might want to read up on the Uncanny Valley, because I can asure you that whatever your idea of the term's definition is, is completely wrong.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 23:05   Link #514
shadow1296

Quote:
The Uncanny Valley.

so the reason you don't like lancina's artwork is because it looks to human, if not then you are completely thinking of something else because the uncanny valley is defined like this
Quote:
un·can·ny val·ley
noun
used in reference to the phenomenon whereby a computer-generated figure or humanoid robot bearing a near-identical resemblance to a human being arouses a sense of unease or revulsion in the person viewing it.
"anyone attempting to build a believable human facsimile also has to beware of the uncanny valley"
i copied this directly from the definition google gave when i typed uncanny valley definition

Last edited by shadow1296; 2017-09-10 at 23:23.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 01:29   Link #515
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
I think your personal disdain for the guy might be getting in the way of your view of his art, sure a lot his art and designs from awakening, fates, and Anna here in heroes can be pretty rough to straight up awful but I think Brave Lucina is one of his better works in a while.

Brave Lyn on the other hand just looks way too generic and sterile whether it's the style, use of colors or the poses.

My ranking for the Brave heroes art would be Roy>Ike>Lucina>>>>>Lyn

Oh yeah you might want to read up on the Uncanny Valley, because I can asure you that whatever your idea of the term's definition is, is completely wrong.
Nah, while not as good as bride version, Brave Lyn looks very strong and give impression of her personality.It's certainly is "generic" kind, but that goes for Ike too. I myself like Brave Lyn artwork most of four. That said Roy is probably objectively best, so: Roy > Lyn > Ike >>>> Lucina.

Lucina is one looking "sterile" like some kind of plastic doll. While, I don't think Kozaki is bad, but Maiponpon's Lucinas are certaily better.
Old 2017-09-11, 10:57   Link #516
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

After burning through most of my orbs, finally manage to get +ATK -HP Brave Roy. Granted, +SPD is the best, but I'm happy just getting him at all So, for Brave Roy's A skill with my IV, which one is the best? Darting Blow, Fury, or his original skill?(I know swift sparrow might be the best, but I'm not whaling to get Katarina just to sacrifice her )
Old 2017-09-11, 11:38   Link #517
GDB

As you said, Swift Sparrow is the best, but it's so rare that outside of whales, super lucky/unlucky folks (depending on point of view), and super Roy fanboys I don't see anyone sacrificing what's needed for it.

From there, I honestly don't know whether I'd prefer Fury, LAD, or Darting Blow on him. I'm trying to use him enough (took him as my neutral choice) to get an idea of how often I'd let him take a hit. Problem is my Horse team is too freaking mobile and he hasn't really needed to test his defenses yet.
Old 2017-09-11, 12:27   Link #518
Tenzen12

I don't think LoD is good option for him, given you need get into desperation range recieving one counter is needed (unless you give him Ardent or repro as well), LoD make higher chance you will get 1HKO before even getting there.

Fury sound like really good option as even if enemy doesn't hit him you still loose some lives. Darting Blow is bit unoffensive (figuratively speaking), but it does give him more speed than fury as long as Roy initiate and obviously you don't want it any other way...
Old 2017-09-11, 20:54   Link #519
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Brave Roy should have 21 DEF with LnD, or 59 effective HP for one hit WITHOUT horse buffs. Unless you're charging into a +ATK Fury Chrom, Zanbato/Ridersbane wielders, blue melee, swordbreakers, or wary armors, Brave Roy should survive one hit, proc Galeforce on his second hit, and go into desperation mode or run away.

My +0 Tharja has the same effective HP without LnD, and I generally can attack into almost all non-blue units (even fully merged) expecting her to survive. Biggest exception to this is +ATK/Fury/Fully Merged Ryomas, but these are much more rare than +SPD versions. BRoy has access to fortify cav anyway, so it should be a non-issue for him if you set it up.

I'd say LnD is even superior to Swift Sparrow, but worth 20k feathers? Me personally I think Green/Raven+/TA/QR/decent DEF mages are just too good as anti-meta units right now, but if you have fully outfitted a Boey, Merric, and FRobin with them, then go for it.

Old 2017-09-11, 20:58   Link #520
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
Lyn's artwork is "good", but they really need to switch artists, because all of her artworks are this same person and they really just look like the same thing over and over again.
And yeah, generic.

I'm not sure if they have some preference to use this illustrator for every artwork of Lyn or not, but in that case, they should have just let Watanabe Mai (probably her real name to Maiponpon) draw Lucina too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
so the reason you don't like lancina's artwork is because it looks to human, if not then you are completely thinking of something else because the uncanny valley is defined like this

bearing a near-identical resemblance to a human being

i copied this directly from the definition google gave when i typed uncanny valley definition
I don't plan to argue about interpretations of whatever meanings, but the definition you quoted said "near-identical resemblance"
If someone said you almost looked human, I don't think you would take that as a compliment.

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy