AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-11-27, 07:55   Link #1061
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@godz: Ise has no choice but to beat Team God Alliance. Because if he loses, Rossweisse will have to marry Vidar. And from having read about the future we know that she marries Ise and has a daughter with him. So yes, actually, Ise is going to beat Team God Alliance. We just need to see what the rules are going to be and how Ise will win it.
Old 2017-11-27, 08:20   Link #1062
bluestahli1

Oh yeahs, It's that time of year again, It's that time somebody crashes a forced wedding and the bride inevitably falls for the wedding crasher, yes it's cliché but I enjoy these tropes no matter what people say
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 08:22   Link #1063
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyalmohit View Post
Saying Rias team is OP in a tournament filled with god class beings is just stupid, especially after her game vs Vali team which showed the biggest weakness of Rias team - a fragile king. She's the weakest king among all teams that have at least one God class being. Yes if Ishibumi wants he can make Issei team win against Rias team (in a power game) even now, he just has to write Issei defeating Rias quickly with his DxD or psudo DxD. But of course he's saving that game for Issei vs Crom, so it won't be that simple.

Also no team is unbeatable. With Issei getting more & more power-ups, he will be in position to defeat all by the end of this tournament.

Lastly, I don't think Ravel will shine as much as a strategist as many as hoping her to be. It's not her fault or anything, it's just that Issei is her king and he will get random power-ups (since is the MC) and Issei team will win most of their games with those power-ups.
Hmmm.... you have a point there.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 08:43   Link #1064
Lucidrago

In my opinion, Ishibumi is trying hard but is seriously falling flat. For the Rating Game tournament I was expecting full-on matches. Both sides showing their stuff like the Rating Games of the past. But here's what we're getting now: barely any retirements, passing mention of all but a few fights, and a few other things. This is from the Rias vs Vali RG but why were there barely any retirements? Half of Vali's team were fighting against Strada. Not one retirement on their side? You could have at least had Gogmagog retiring because he was defeated by Strada. And it seems like it was just mainly Strada showing off. I wouldn't mind that if the other fights were covered. While we know how powerful Vali Team is we've barely seen them fight. So this was the perfect opportunity. And who better for them to show their skills than against Rias' team? But I just feel like Ishibumi just made passing mention of the fights(except for Koneko vs Kuroka). And this was a perfect chance to show off the new members of their teams(like Lint, Valerie, Sha Wujing, and Zhu Bajie). But I guess Ishibumi's too scared to narrate from any other character's POV besides Issei or Kiba. And then the moment of truth: Vali vs Crom Cruach. I would have no problem with this originally. But I just got the feeling that Ishibumi's going to pull some Goku-Vegeta BS and suddenly have Issei fighting evenly with Crom Cruach. Combat experience be damned when it's the hero Issei. I should probably wait to read the volume.

And Sona is even less of a major character thsn Sairaorg but it was mentioned how she achieved her dream.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 09:32   Link #1065
thefreakmike

You know now thinking on the Rias-Vali RG, what was Le Fay doing durnig the whole match? Like who did she fought or what role did she played? Poor girl totally got forgotten
Old 2017-11-27, 09:34   Link #1066
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestahli1 View Post
Oh yeahs, It's that time of year again, It's that time somebody crashes a forced wedding and the bride inevitably falls for the wedding crasher, yes it's cliché but I enjoy these tropes no matter what people say
In this case it's a little different since Rossweisse already loves Ise. In the case of Rias and Rizer's engagement, Rias fell for Ise sometime right before the kiss scene on the Gryphon on the way back to the human world. IIRC.

@Lucidrago: I think Ishibumi mainly wanted to show off Strada in the Rias vs. Vali match. We've already seen how powerful the Vai Team is and what they can do. Vali's still in his growth period like Ise, since neither of them have mastered his respective Sacred Gear yet, but the point here was about Rias's team, Rias's new form, and Strada. Like Koneko surpassing her past self and also her sister. As for combat experience being damned when it's Ise: you think Ise will be able to use that excuse against the First Gen. Sun Wukong? Not right now he won't, at least IMO. Give him ExE and let him successfully complete the training assigned to him by the First Gen. geezer, and he'll have a chance.

Edit: One post late.
@thefreakmile: Yeah, now that you mention it. What exactly did she do?
Old 2017-11-27, 09:48   Link #1067
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
In this case it's a little different since Rossweisse already loves Ise. In the case of Rias and Rizer's engagement, Rias fell for Ise sometime right before the kiss scene on the Gryphon on the way back to the human world. IIRC.

@Lucidrago: I think Ishibumi mainly wanted to show off Strada in the Rias vs. Vali match. We've already seen how powerful the Vai Team is and what they can do. Vali's still in his growth period like Ise, since neither of them have mastered his respective Sacred Gear yet, but the point here was about Rias's team, Rias's new form, and Strada. Like Koneko surpassing her past self and also her sister. As for combat experience being damned when it's Ise: you think Ise will be able to use that excuse against the First Gen. Sun Wukong? Not right now he won't, at least IMO. Give him ExE and let him successfully complete the training assigned to him by the First Gen. geezer, and he'll have a chance.

Edit: One post late.
@thefreakmile: Yeah, now that you mention it. What exactly did she do?
That's true and now that I think about it really was just Strada showing off. Furthermore, we witness Rias finally gets a new form but only to lose. I know it was against Fenrir so it would make sense that Rias woudn't win but still, Rias could've fought someone else weaker than Fenrir on Vali's team like Bikou (since she find him annoying anyway) to show off her new form but instead she's force to give up. I feel like Ishibumi is just writing Rias off as a liability at this point.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 10:09   Link #1068
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, Rias in her new form was evenly matched against 80% power Fenrir and she was told to give up by Gasper when she was exhausted because of the intensive stamina consumption in her new form and because her condition was also getting worse the longer she stayed in that form.
Old 2017-11-27, 10:17   Link #1069
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I believe Le Fay, Sha, Zhu, Akeno, Yuuto, Valarie and Lint weren't even talked about. The Japanese wiki has no info.

But maybe their info just hasn't been updated so best course is to wait for the match to be translated. Well if such info is added, I'll let you know.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 10:26   Link #1070
kanyalmohit

Ye no point in speculating what everyone did in RG, though my only complain is the lack of eliminations (of major characters) not just in this game, but in the entire tournament till now.
About Le Fay, this is just my guess, but apart from using her magic abilities directly in battles, she might be the one controlling Fenrir (& Gogmagon?) and also the one who removed Fenrir’s seals.
kanyalmohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 10:39   Link #1071
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think Le Fay needs to control Fenrir. It seems like it's fond of and loyal towards her. And they only released 80% of its power in the match, but even if they had released 100%, I'm sure it still wouldn't have betrayed them. It's already past that point.

Anyway, yeah, I agree about waiting until the match is translated to say more on what everyone did.
Old 2017-11-27, 10:43   Link #1072
Blazor 98

Quote:
No, Rias in her new form was evenly matched against 80% power Fenrir and she was told to give up by Gasper when she was exhausted because of the intensive stamina consumption in her new form and because her condition was also getting worse the longer she stayed in that form.
It really doesn't make a difference because it was only a 80% Fenrir. Vali could've had Fenrir go 100% then Rias new form wouldn't stood much of a chance. Even if Gasper didn't tell Rias to give up she still would've lost either way do to the form's taking toll on her body. The bottomline is Fenrir could've kept going while Rias couldn't which resulted in her defeat. So instead of losing she could've fought someone else to showcase her new form as I mentioned like Bikou since she don't like him anyway. I remember Issei winning when he first showcased his True Queen against Sairorg or Vali demonstrating his Emperio Juggernaut Overdrive for the first time when he one shot Pluto. Or how Sairaorg showcase his new Imperial Purpure when he defeated Bedeze. You get my point. But since it's a rating game it is worse because she's a king and when she go down the entire team lose hence liability.
Old 2017-11-27, 11:05   Link #1073
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyalmohit View Post
Ye no point in speculating what everyone did in RG, though my only complain is the lack of eliminations (of major characters) not just in this game, but in the entire tournament till now.
About Le Fay, this is just my guess, but apart from using her magic abilities directly in battles, she might be the one controlling Fenrir (& Gogmagon?) and also the one who removed Fenrir’s seals.
Because the current games type are not like a death match as showcased in Vol 10 ( Rias vs Sairaorg). For example, Issei vs Dulio team is about who gets to destroy more balls instead of trying to eliminate one and another and Rias vs Vali team is evenly matched, so the casualties for both sides would be more or less the same. Had their fight lasted longer the casualties would have been higher for sure ( Arthur was so close to retire). If you want to see eliminations left and right then why don't you read Dx 4 since the game is closer to death match type of game.

@Lucidrago Passing mentions? this is based on Nom@n's spoilers about one single fight? ( Strada vs Bikou and Gogmagog), yeah right
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 12:16   Link #1074
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Blazor 89: I see where you're coming from. But I don't think you can call her a liability like that. That's unfair to her in my opinion. She's new to using her new form, so of course there would be problems. Ise, when he first got the True Queen, was also troubled by its stamina consumption. And the scale between that form and Rias's new form is different. While the level of power output seems to be equal or so (around the level of the current Maou), the form Rias has comes from Gasper Balor and sounds like it's more dangerous compared to the True Queen from what was said about it. Of course the toll on Rias would be greater.

@Royalknightftw: I agree about the matches.
Old 2017-11-27, 12:19   Link #1075
kanyalmohit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Because the current games type are not like a death match as showcased in Vol 10 ( Rias vs Sairaorg). For example, Issei vs Dulio team is about who gets to destroy more balls instead of trying to eliminate one and another and Rias vs Vali team is evenly matched, so the casualties for both sides would be more or less the same. Had their fight lasted longer the casualties would have been higher for sure ( Arthur was so close to retire). If you want to see eliminations left and right then why don't you read Dx 4 since the game is closer to death match type of game.
Who got eliminated in DX4 tho? Did any known major character got eliminated?
Once such setting where enough eliminations don't occur is fine, but Ishibumi has not let even single major character lose till now apart from Rias & Sona because they are kings. Well I understand Issei-Dulio game not getting much eliminations, but then Cao Cao vs Sairorg? I was hoping to see a nice battle and one of them coming on top of other, but meh we get retirements of some unknown members in Sairorg peerage.
Then what was Sona-Issei game hyped for?? The rematch between Issei & Saji, but again we get a stalemate.
Now u are right about Rias-Vali teams being quite even, but then why a 1-1 elimination, why not 4-4 or 5-5?? That too when Strada is shown to dominate 3-4 characters at same time, I don't understand why he can't eliminate say 2 of them? Close to retiring is still not retired.
How I see this thing is - Ishi is trying to show that all these characters are very powerful on their own and doesn't want to retire them as much as possible. But these are already established characters and this is the last arc, I don't get what saving characters like Saji, Kiba, Sairorg etc will give to story. Instead more eliminations make games more serious and more dramatic.
Take for example, in Rias vs Sairorg game, say Akeno wasn't eliminated against Sairorg queen, the result would have same. But will Issei get to show that killing intent that he showed against the queen then?? Similarly Strada eliminating 2-3 Vali team members could cause panic in their team, which would justify unleashing full power Fenrir even better (perhaps even 100%).
I understand that there are rules in these games by which it becomes unnecessary to eliminate others (even king in some games). But imo such rules are just bad and using them more than once in just 5 games that have been covered till now shows that Ishi is not taking any risks in eliminating bigger names.
kanyalmohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 14:30   Link #1076
Blazor 98

Quote:
@Blazor 89: I see where you're coming from. But I don't think you can call her a liability like that. That's unfair to her in my opinion. She's new to using her new form, so of course there would be problems. Ise, when he first got the True Queen, was also troubled by its stamina consumption. And the scale between that form and Rias's new form is different. While the level of power output seems to be equal or so (around the level of the current Maou), the form Rias has comes from Gasper Balor and sounds like it's more dangerous compared to the True Queen from what was said about it. Of course the toll on Rias would be greater.

@Royalknightftw: I agree about the matches.
Yes, Issei True Queen did have a stamina issue problem at first but at least Issei manage to get the fight over with before that happened. Issei couldn't hold DxD G for long because of stamina issues when he fought Rivezim but Rivezim fleed from the battle. That's why I said she was a liability. At best she could only tie with an 80% Fenrir but she was force to give up. And just like @Kenya said. In this tournament there are many kings and teams who are God Class in addition you have new Super Devils who are humiliating some of the God Class teams. Rias new form is only at (current) Maou level but she can't hold it for long and she can only use that form if Gasper around. Many teams could take advantage of that weakness by eliminating Gasper first. At this rate there is no way she would be able to keep up with the OP teams in the tournament. At least for Issei he has Psuedo DxD to make up for that. I mean sure Rias has Crom and Strada but they won't be there to help Rias all the time. For example, Strada didn't make it in time to help Rias against Fenrir. And there could be times when Gasper isn't there. So what is Rias going to do? She has a great team but if they're too occupied and she's by herself then she's screwed hence a liability. I was honestly desappionted when I found out Rias only defeated an Ultimate Class devil because Crom's help.
Old 2017-11-27, 15:47   Link #1077
Lucidrago

Being evenly matched shouldn't be an excuse for why only two people retired in the Rating Game. Let's see how those like Rias' team and Vali Team fare against each other. Who's going to defeat who? I know the Vali Team is strong but that's no excuse just to solely show off Rias and Strada. And despite how strong they were, they didn't retire anyone. Pretty strange.

I understand Issei vs Dulio. But it's normal for a game to have retirements where it applies. I was expecting some epic matches between strong opponents. I'm going to wait until the volume is translated.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 16:00   Link #1078
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Blazor 98: Again, look at what the source of Rias's new form is. It's understandable why she isn't used to it yet. It was also said that her condition will deteriorate as the fight continues. That form is not safe. I do agree with you about her needing Crom's help to defeat that Ultimate-class Devil. And we don't know how strong he was exactly or what tier of Ultimate-class he was. But I do think that Rias is at least a low-tier Ultimate-class Devil now.
Old 2017-11-27, 16:42   Link #1079
Blazor 98

Quote:
@Blazor 98: Again, look at what the source of Rias's new form is. It's understandable why she isn't used to it yet. It was also said that her condition will deteriorate as the fight continues. That form is not safe. I do agree with you about her needing Crom's help to defeat that Ultimate-class Devil. And we don't know how strong he was exactly or what tier of Ultimate-class he was. But I do think that Rias is at least a low-tier Ultimate-class Devil now.
It doesn't matter where the source is from because in the end all she could do was tie with an 80% Fenrir only to lose. Issei's condition using DxD G was much worse than Rias using Balor of Darkness but he still manage to win those battles against Rizevim and Apophis before the backlash of the form became too much. That's what I'm getting at. In the end despite Rias new form she didn't accomplish anything and her team lost because she couldn't keep going which is why I said Ishibumi is writing her off as a liability. If he's going to give Rias a new form then at least showcase the form against an opponent she could beat like Bikou. If she fought Bikou in that form she could've retired him.

@Lucidrago Rias didn't really show off. The only ones who did was Koneko, Strada and Crom. Rias got a new form only to lose. Strada desplayed an impressive feat by taking on Vali (EJO), Author and (nerf) Fenrir at the same time and Crom showed off by fighting Vali (DxD L) and according to the spoilers actually gaining the upper hand. No one else on Rias team besides by Koneko actually retired someone and I find even that hard to swallow of her beating Kuroka.
Old 2017-11-27, 16:52   Link #1080
Tbolt

God where did all the DxD expert's come from.