AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-03, 00:07   Link #21
Chosen_Hero

Is it just me or does the red (pink?) haired guy feel like he might get Kamina'd at some point?
Old 2021-04-03, 01:45   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw, I'm glad that they still retain some of the 90s sensibilities. One of them is the control panel in the Dyna cockpits being the same joystick-buttons that the protags used in the live-action show which you can see in this video at the 1:05 mark:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Is it just me or does the red (pink?) haired guy feel like he might get Kamina'd at some point?
I mean, read the first page and you'll know that you're not alone in thinking that.
Old 2021-04-03, 07:10   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Yeah, the loli is going to take over his spot for sure.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 11:40   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Yeah, the loli is going to take over his spot for sure.
Is she a loli? She seems like a normal high school girl physique-wise, give or take she's younger or older than Yomogi and Yume.
Old 2021-04-03, 11:54   Link #25
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

She's probably not that young but she was loli enough for a joke about being questioned by cops so... I'm going with loli.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 22:24   Link #26
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Great first episode! This show looks like it'll be as good as it's predecessor, so I'm really looking forward to more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Scarred Souls Shine like Stars.
Really liked this, I'll have to remember it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
Oh, and it’s great that a special dog is once again the cause of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Onore Special Doggguu!!!!
Special Dogs are like the Truck-kun of Gridman now.

Quote:
Considering what we see in the last scene of the ED, I wouldn't be surprised if Gouma drop out from piloting/died midway into the story like a certain someone .
Had the same thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
At least this time they're telling us from the start that the girl isn't right in the head. I doubt she will be even 1/100th as crazy as Akane though. Her behavior is odd, but it's understandable given that she's lost her sister and her family is quite obviously broken since, with the mother unable to move on and the father being irritated she won't/can't.
I mean, she probably won't be as crazy as Akane, but she went through a wholeass tokusatsu battle and came out looking as bored as she did before. That's not average crazy at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Heck, kind of interesting that both Minami and Yomogi have complicated familial situations. Seems like Yomogi's mother is dating and likely looking to get re-married. Although makes for really awkward situations with her dragging her teenage son along for her dates. I get that if they are getting together that he should probably get to know his future step-father, but it still seems awkward. I'm not going to judge the guy since we barely got to meet him. But certainly his attempts to win Yomogi over with money isn't working. Heck, Yomogi might be working so much because he wants to move out as soon as possible.
He's working so hard, yet he threw away free money, so he must have something against that guy.

Quote:
Btw, I'm glad that they still retain some of the 90s sensibilities. One of them is the control panel in the Dyna cockpits being the same joystick-buttons that the protags used in the live-action show which you can see in this video at the 1:05 mark:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I love when a show pays respect to the thing it's based off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
She's probably not that young but she was loli enough for a joke about being questioned by cops so... I'm going with loli.
She came across as a middle schooler to me, so yeah, cops might question an unwashed dude in his twenties in sweats with long hair if they saw him with her, especially since she dresses in a kinda mature fashion.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-04, 02:32   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-04, 02:59   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I love when a show pays respect to the thing it's based off.
Also:

Yume X Rikka = Yuka (the live-action heroine )

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also, compared to the previous season, the thighs and breasts are kinda... gone. Which is a big problem.
That's true if the audience only care about fanservice. Thankfully, Gridman fans are more sophisticated than that as the original live-action show didn't even have fanservice in the first place.
Old 2021-04-04, 03:47   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
original live-action show didn't even have fanservice in the first place.
Don't even burn my eyes with the thought of real females' fanservice

Also yeah, I highly doubt fans of Tokusatsu would care about anime fanservice in what... I guess is related to tokusatsu, this is? maybe?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-04-04, 04:59   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Don't even burn my eyes with the thought of real females' fanservice.
Why that thought burns your eyes? Live-action fanservice in Toku often looks good. For example, the Rena Yanase character from Ultraman Tiga in this Seaworld scene shot back in the 90s :

Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2021-04-04, 10:06   Link #31
Frontier

I think Yume has some decent thighs. I think one of the villains has mega-thighs though .
Old 2021-04-04, 20:07   Link #32
zztop

Like Gridman, Dynazenon also has an audio drama tie-in segment.
Here's Ep 1.1, where Yomogi and his classmates talk about what events to hold for the upcoming school festival before going into what the heck kashiwaguilty even means.
https://streamable.com/vrnr72

Quote:
Also:

Yume X Rikka = Yuka (the live-action heroine )

That's true if the audience only care about fanservice. Thankfully, Gridman fans are more sophisticated than that as the original live-action show didn't even have fanservice in the first place.
Ah, I remember the massive boom in Pixiv fanart of Rikka and Akane when Gridman aired. Nearly all of them were...love letters to their respective...proportions.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-04, 23:46   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

The design of Dynazenon itself reminded me of GaoGaiGar.
Old 2021-04-05, 00:07   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Why that thought burns your eyes? Live-action fanservice in Toku often looks good. For example, the Rena Yanase character from Ultraman Tiga in this Seaworld scene shot back in the 90s :

Spoiler for Just in case:
I'm not feeling it

Old 2021-04-05, 01:45   Link #35
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I'm not feeling it
But it didn't burn your eyes, right?
Old 2021-04-05, 04:37   Link #36
Chosen_Hero

I don't see the problem in a show wanting to show a bit of culture. If done well done it doesn't detract from the show, besides, the first show was literally characterized mainly by the thighs and big breasts.
Old 2021-04-05, 04:50   Link #37
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't see the problem in a show wanting to show a bit of culture. If done well done it doesn't detract from the show, besides, the first show was literally characterized mainly by the thighs and big breasts.
It only becomes a problem when certain segment of the audience only care about fanservice (+shipping) and will complain if the show doesn't deliver on that front.

Look at what happened to the Evangelion 4 movie. Apparently, many of the blowbacks came from some angry fans whose "ship has sunk" so to say. The movie itself is mighty fine from what I've heard.

Also, just coz Rikka's thighs were the thing that ridiculously blew up on the net community, doesn't mean the show was characterized by it. You don't judge a show by the meme it created.
Old 2021-04-05, 06:50   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Also, just coz Rikka's thighs were the thing that ridiculously blew up on the net community, doesn't mean the show was characterized by it. You don't judge a show by the meme it created.
Exactly right in terms of Gridman. Lots of viewers like that show because of the old-school Gainax feel and outstanding writing and direction.

And to be blunt, if you're only interested in Dynazenon because of what you see as fanservice you're entitled to, why should anyone else give a fuck whether you're dissatisfied or not?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 11:22   Link #39
Frontier

Just so far I don't think this show is going to be lacking in any area Gridman excelled at .
Old 2021-04-05, 18:02   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Just so far I don't think this show is going to be lacking in any area Gridman excelled at .
Except those thighs

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu