AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2020-11-05, 07:03   Link #81
Key Board
Carbon

Is this about Hololive Moments.?

1)I had the feeling they’re fansubbers. They were never hired.

Hired means they were commissioned to translate things. From what I‘ve seen they were free to fansub whatever they wanted.

2) They translate from chinese/bilibili to English/youtube. Whose jurisdiction are they under. It feels that they’re barking at the wrong tree. Bilibili (and the HoloCN side ) are managed independently from Cover

3) I don’t trust anything on NGA

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2020-11-05 at 07:22.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 03:04   Link #82
EroKing

Notstop Nut November going strong.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

YouTube
Old 2020-11-06, 03:31   Link #83
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Bili translators were treated pretty bad. IIRC, no formal contract, low pay, largely nationalistic kids just working part-time jobs. Jealous of overseas and JP fans not appreciating them etc. So ofc they jumped at the chance to join Bilibili's coup against Cover due to the resentment.

I don't know why Cover looked at such a bad management structure and decided it's fine, let's sign a contract with them, it won't come back to bite us
There is actually a brigading culture in China, and it's not just Bilibili but pretty much in all videos, celebrity, streaming services, etc... where groups of fans from another idols, streamers, etc.... went on and attacking another stream and the norm is that said attacked fanbase supposed to be attacking them back, some even go as far as having hiring what they call " internet water army" to attack another streamers. This is way more than just anti. And some of the big streaming company like to actually fan the flame, since during this attack, the view counts tend to rocket and people flocking on the flames platform more. This is very normal in China video site though. Some agency even hired the same water army to protect their talents in China by brigading back. So the anti culture is way worse over there as attacking is consider normal in the first place. Some bigger site is generally accused as fanning the flame so I was always skeptical of HololiveCN in the 1st place.

This is also not consider that this is a part of national company vs foreigner, and we know how touchy CHina is with the subject recently. Again, while I feel bad for the talents, I don't think Cover leaving CHina market is that bad, especially with the current climate.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 11:08   Link #84
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
There is actually a brigading culture in China, and it's not just Bilibili but pretty much in all videos, celebrity, streaming services, etc... where groups of fans from another idols, streamers, etc.... went on and attacking another stream and the norm is that said attacked fanbase supposed to be attacking them back, some even go as far as having hiring what they call " internet water army" to attack another streamers. This is way more than just anti. And some of the big streaming company like to actually fan the flame, since during this attack, the view counts tend to rocket and people flocking on the flames platform more. This is very normal in China video site though. Some agency even hired the same water army to protect their talents in China by brigading back. So the anti culture is way worse over there as attacking is consider normal in the first place. Some bigger site is generally accused as fanning the flame so I was always skeptical of HololiveCN in the 1st place.

This is also not consider that this is a part of national company vs foreigner, and we know how touchy CHina is with the subject recently. Again, while I feel bad for the talents, I don't think Cover leaving CHina market is that bad, especially with the current climate.
I didn't know that Chinese idol culture is so...........American O___o

I mean obviously Hololive Chinese fans do this all the time but I thought it was an otaku thing lol. Didn't know it's mainstream like in US media culture

Quote:
Again, while I feel bad for the talents, I don't think Cover leaving CHina market is that bad, especially with the current climate.
And not enter again until at least like 15 years later if the place has became more sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Is this about Hololive Moments.?

1)I had the feeling they’re fansubbers. They were never hired.

Hired means they were commissioned to translate things. From what I‘ve seen they were free to fansub whatever they wanted.

2) They translate from chinese/bilibili to English/youtube. Whose jurisdiction are they under. It feels that they’re barking at the wrong tree. Bilibili (and the HoloCN side ) are managed independently from Cover

3) I don’t trust anything on NGA

//

Not Moments per se. The Bilbili translators. Of which several do overlap with the Moments crew.

Bilbili does not seem to officially hire, so much as outsource their work for minor stuff like subbing. And while you may not trust what Chinese on NGA say, this outsourcing is pretty much quite common practice in not only China but many Asian places. Not unreasonable that this lax management contributed to their discontent. Besides, NGA is pretty much accurate in regards to them telegraphing their plans to spam Coco anyway....and their brigading for Artia which only puts her in a worse spot (she did try to appease both sides.....But with such people, both Chinese and international, there's no appeasing them. Not if she wants to continue streaming in China at any rate)

And yeah, Cover has no jurisdiction over them. They are indeed barking at the wrong tree. But you know Bilibili crowd. They rather take it out on Cover than their own Bili which they consider their turf.....Especially if they feel they aren't getting enough respect from Cover JP internationally.

It's surprising all the same that a Japanese company, with how anal Japanese companies tend to be about complex, detailed procedures, would be willing to work with an entity that handles their workers so loosely

On another note, Calli plays Guilty Gear? Come to think of it, Holo should check if Arcsys allows them to stream their games. There's minimal spoilers anyway since the real fun is in Vs play

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-06 at 13:20.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 13:09   Link #85
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

On another note, Calli plays Guilty Gear? Come to think of it, Holo should check if Arcsys allows them to stream their games. There's minimal spoilers anyway since the real fun is in Vs play
Roberto has been playing BBTag and later Guilty Gear so they Haven permission for that

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 13:16   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://twitter.com/yaki_ebiko/statu...119488/photo/1

10/10 Polka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Roberto has been playing BBTag and later Guilty Gear so they Haven permission for that
Nice
Old 2020-11-06, 16:04   Link #87
dragon1412

Quote:
I didn't know that Chinese idol culture is so...........American O___o

I mean obviously Hololive Chinese fans do this all the time but I thought it was an otaku thing lol. Didn't know it's mainstream like in US media culture
Wait, seriously, this is a thing in America as well ??? I mean, I read news about how China celebrity industry goes. ANd yeah, You have actual company hiring water army to attack another company talents, and the normal reactions is actually attack back, i.e flooding the video, social media with countless comments and even scandals. These tactics eventually became the norm in their celebrity culture, which make them quite toxic, I mean, even some idols said themselves that becoming famous equal people insulting you. And they even claimed that Infamy is also a type of fame. So some even go out of their way to make scandal themselves to fan the flames so people would notice them more. Frankly, I don't found hololiveCN situation strange when it happened, more like just as usual ehhh....

Quote:
And not enter again until at least like 15 years later if the place has became more sane

15 years might not even enough with the current climate, I mean seriously, China is only going to be more progressively nationalistic from now on, and I doubt that will change anytime soon unless something very big happen with their government.

Quote:
Not Moments per se. The Bilbili translators. Of which several do overlap with the Moments crew.

Bilbili does not seem to officially hire, so much as outsource their work for minor stuff like subbing. And while you may not trust what Chinese on NGA say, this outsourcing is pretty much quite common practice in not only China but many Asian places. Not unreasonable that this lax management contributed to their discontent. Besides, NGA is pretty much accurate in regards to them telegraphing their plans to spam Coco anyway....and their brigading for Artia which only puts her in a worse spot (she did try to appease both sides.....But with such people, both Chinese and international, there's no appeasing them. Not if she wants to continue streaming in China at any rate)

And yeah, Cover has no jurisdiction over them. They are indeed barking at the wrong tree. But you know Bilibili crowd. They rather take it out on Cover than their own Bili which they consider their turf.....Especially if they feel they aren't getting enough respect from Cover JP internationally.

It's surprising all the same that a Japanese company, with how anal Japanese companies tend to be about complex, detailed procedures, would be willing to work with an entity that handles their workers so loosely
It's more like they have no choice though, all company want to be in CN have to be in joint venture with a domestic company as mandated by law in China, And Bilibili is practically the sole biggest streaming site on CHina. From Chinese side, they probably will always site with national company regardless of the issues as long it's deal with foreigner.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 22:30   Link #88
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Wait, seriously, this is a thing in America as well ??? I mean, I read news about how China celebrity industry goes. ANd yeah, You have actual company hiring water army to attack another company talents, and the normal reactions is actually attack back, i.e flooding the video, social media with countless comments and even scandals. These tactics eventually became the norm in their celebrity culture, which make them quite toxic, I mean, even some idols said themselves that becoming famous equal people insulting you. And they even claimed that Infamy is also a type of fame. So some even go out of their way to make scandal themselves to fan the flames so people would notice them more. Frankly, I don't found hololiveCN situation strange when it happened, more like just as usual ehhh....
I mean when you see the turf wars on Twitch and aggressive marketing in US media industry which promotes competition between groups of fans.....The sports-like culture is certainly similar even if the actions are on different degree. Let's be honest, to people like myself outside America, the US entertainment scene is the prime example of "wild."

I know East Asian media competition makes the US look tame when the otaku and groupies become involved but I thought the general, non-stan East Asian viewer doesn't give as much of a shit about drama as general US viewers.

Quote:
It's more like they have no choice though, all company want to be in CN have to be in joint venture with a domestic company as mandated by law in China, And Bilibili is practically the sole biggest streaming site on CHina. From Chinese side, they probably will always site with national company regardless of the issues as long it's deal with foreigner
Choice as in why even want to go into China in the first place when most non-JP fans of such things are English speakers + the English market is far more diverse and approachable than CN market. At most if they want to collab Azur Lane, just deal directly with Yostar in Japan...After all, isn't AL JP handled totally by Yostar? Everything else isn't worth it

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-06 at 23:12.
Old 2020-11-07, 23:05   Link #89
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Things will getting better if new US administration decided to tone down the cold war. I'm just still sad to see how it went with HoloCN girls

I'm just curious on how it will go when Aqua do a collab with Coco.. I think it will break Bilibili

Putting that aside, due to election hype that brought down Reddit, I didn't get my dose of Coco's meme review this week.. How would I get through my week without that content
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-08, 09:15   Link #90
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

YouTube

Senchou + fighting games is amazing combo
Old 2020-11-08, 10:34   Link #91
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Must say, legendary "A Way Out" stream from Ame and Gura. So much so that I'm afraid it may ruin Vtubers for me as I doubt very much things can top it.
Spoiler for links:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 06:43   Link #92
~Yami~

Ame and Gura are really looking like siblings
They admitted that they really enjoyed to play game together

although next collab might be hell because of Gura's revenge..
Old 2020-11-10, 10:21   Link #93
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

YouTube

Senchou's set lists are the best.

Of note here:

Just Communication (Gundam Wing)

Butter-fly (Digimon)

COLORS (Code Geass)

勇侠青春謳 (Code Geass)

JOINT (Shana)

Northern Lights (Shaman King)

創聖のアクエリオン (Aquarion)

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-10 at 10:33.
Old 2020-11-12, 02:46   Link #94
EroKing

YouTube

"Bacon is kind of a pig vegetable" - Haachama, 2020.

Kiara :"It would be easy to impress you Haachama on a date because you are used to this kind of food so anything will be good" lmao

Last edited by EroKing; 2020-11-12 at 15:53.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-12, 22:33   Link #95
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtualYout...s_to_graduate/

CN is totally disbanded. IE no continuation. Expected, after Bili tried to pull that shit on them but you know this won't appease any of the hypocrites on either CN or EN/JP side. While this finally puts Cover's side of play to rest it might not be ever over.

People who want to make a stand should know what to do. Give no money to Cover and Bilibili.....They don't deserve it after starting this. Give membership or random superchat to your favorite talent, JP/EN or CN if you want but if you want to make a statement of disapproval then don't give more than that. Companies started this and toyed with individuals, companies should bear the costs of this.

BTW: https://www.reddit.com/r/Hololive/co...1zu/?context=3

Quote:
. The CN girls actually wanted to leave cover over the taiwan shit, and get contracts with bilibili directly instead but thought if they made themselves look like victims they might get to keep all their access to cover corp technology and assets. Luckily Cover saw through it. I honestly don't understand why this subreddit is still simping so hard for streamers that genuinely hate you and all the other hololive girls simply for the crime of not being Chinese.
EDIT: nvm I found it: https://ibb.co/s9wDcSk

Evidence my goddamned ass. This is laughable. The "something I want to say" bit at the end is also just rich. Who wants to ally with a destructive hypocrite

All stuff that was known for a long time. the most one can say is Bili strung them along and they naively followed thinking they can get the best out of both fandoms or were flat out misdirected. It seems more to any reasonable person they were just pandering to audiences actually. Anyway, they didn't consider that their actions would lead to them losing their fans instead. But I don't see anything that suggests they actively planned it

On another note, fresh slate while not ideal, isn't that bad either. If they go unaffiliated to any company they can simply announce to old fans who they used to be if they don't care about the drama it would attract. Even if they don't, people will eventually find out anyway but they won't be tied down to Cover

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-16 at 07:56.
Old 2020-11-14, 12:37   Link #96
~Yami~

I've been tried to say something regarding that long evidence but it spreaded out too fast and even got posted on youtube videos

It is dangerous to translate random posts and even involved some "spies" and "assumptions" there by digging old posts or previous lives of the CN Vtubers.
I can only read a bit of Chinese and I know that CN have so many terms which ambiguous and could be used for various goals.. Their memes are usually misinterpreted even among the Chinese community.
For example : when Aqua sang "Take Over" for League of Legends world final, CN fans interpreted that as Aqua's call for CN fans to take over Cover and save her from evil Yagoo's grasp. So they used that video for war song to deliver huge spams to Coco.
IMO, that looks similar with that "wolf warrior" post.. might means something different but got interpreted differently
So about that "evidences", take it as one point of view but it doesn't affect myself to keep hoping the best for the ex-Hololive CN girls.

There is a video about Artia telling her dark past back in 2016 by supporting political issues against Taiwan.. Basically, she is trolling in internet for that reason.
I don't understand.. when I'm still newbie in internet, I have lost counts on how many I involved myself in political and sensitive issues.. Then when I grew up, I learned that I need to be responsible on how I posted my personal opinion.
It is true that Artia committed huge mistakes by telling the viewers that.. but it is not enough to prove that she is the huge supporter of spam attacks toward Coco. That past might show her political stand, but she should be matured enough for not pushing it again since she got so many overseas fans.

If the CN girls are actually hating Coco and Cover, then so be it.. if not, then it is okay as well
This issue has reached the end after all and hopefully nothing similar will arise in the future
Old 2020-11-15, 01:27   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I've been tried to say something regarding that long evidence but it spreaded out too fast and even got posted on youtube videos

It is dangerous to translate random posts and even involved some "spies" and "assumptions" there by digging old posts or previous lives of the CN Vtubers.
I can only read a bit of Chinese and I know that CN have so many terms which ambiguous and could be used for various goals.. Their memes are usually misinterpreted even among the Chinese community.
For example : when Aqua sang "Take Over" for League of Legends world final, CN fans interpreted that as Aqua's call for CN fans to take over Cover and save her from evil Yagoo's grasp. So they used that video for war song to deliver huge spams to Coco.
IMO, that looks similar with that "wolf warrior" post.. might means something different but got interpreted differently
So about that "evidences", take it as one point of view but it doesn't affect myself to keep hoping the best for the ex-Hololive CN girls.

There is a video about Artia telling her dark past back in 2016 by supporting political issues against Taiwan.. Basically, she is trolling in internet for that reason.
I don't understand.. when I'm still newbie in internet, I have lost counts on how many I involved myself in political and sensitive issues.. Then when I grew up, I learned that I need to be responsible on how I posted my personal opinion.
It is true that Artia committed huge mistakes by telling the viewers that.. but it is not enough to prove that she is the huge supporter of spam attacks toward Coco. That past might show her political stand, but she should be matured enough for not pushing it again since she got so many overseas fans.

If the CN girls are actually hating Coco and Cover, then so be it.. if not, then it is okay as well
This issue has reached the end after all and hopefully nothing similar will arise in the future
You can find one of the original sources who compiled that list on Twitter. It's a Chinese person of questionable motive....more political than anything else. Guy posts often on one of the Chinese language subreddits dedicated to showing the true uncensored face of China....but obviously biased as well. I doubt he actually cares about anyone's wellbeing so much as to take advantage of issues to use as his soapbox

That said though, Artia really does tell one thing to her CN fans and another to her overseas ones. Her reason is simple....She pretty much spelled it out on her Twitter outburst. She's trying to appease both sides since that's just the nature of being a public persona particularly when your community are full of such.....amazing people on both sides. People can call it two faced or whatever but I say it's stupid to expect some kid VTuber to be a goddamned diplomat. Especially when these people add fuel to the fire. Now who's two-faced?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-15 at 01:40.
Old 2020-11-16, 06:07   Link #98
~Yami~

After reading the hololive announcement regarding CN graduation, now people have become what they hated before... they are all Antis

and because of this response, I felt bad for Coco because she is the main and sole target left. I also hoped that Artia and Civia doesn't become the doxxing target
People tended to antagonize CCP but they doesn't know about Taiwan Nationalist, HK nationalist, etc. They are just as bad as them.. blinded by their political view.. and tried to frame in disgusting way

=================
Putting this issue aside, finally my friend managed to push me completely into rabbit hole since I just become official Kiryu gang, Hoshiyomi, Takodachi, and Chumbuds in the same day.. I even bought the concert ticket.. heck! RIP my wallet
And I even subscribe to some Nijisanji

Yesterday Hololive among us was not as funny as the chaotic language barrier one but still enjoyable.. Ojou and Terminator were scary.
Old 2020-11-16, 07:37   Link #99
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
After reading the hololive announcement regarding CN graduation, now people have become what they hated before... they are all Antis

and because of this response, I felt bad for Coco because she is the main and sole target left. I also hoped that Artia and Civia doesn't become the doxxing target
People tended to antagonize CCP but they doesn't know about Taiwan Nationalist, HK nationalist, etc. They are just as bad as them.. blinded by their political view.. and tried to frame in disgusting way

=================
Putting this issue aside, finally my friend managed to push me completely into rabbit hole since I just become official Kiryu gang, Hoshiyomi, Takodachi, and Chumbuds in the same day.. I even bought the concert ticket.. heck! RIP my wallet
And I even subscribe to some Nijisanji

Yesterday Hololive among us was not as funny as the chaotic language barrier one but still enjoyable.. Ojou and Terminator were scary.
Unfollow Hololive social media other than the girls' accounts. It's a shitstorm now. SEA people on Facebook, Westerners on Twitter and reddit....I don't see it ending for months at least. Especially if any of the CN girls resume streaming on Twitch

In other news, Mio hit 450K subs

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-11-16 at 07:52.
Old 2020-11-18, 06:33   Link #100
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Unfollow Hololive social media other than the girls' accounts. It's a shitstorm now. SEA people on Facebook, Westerners on Twitter and reddit....
I follow some of the artists for the Hololive talents and my Twitter timeline is pretty safe and lacking in politics.

Also it kinda triggers me when people refer to Hololive streaming talents as "the girls". They have male talents in Holostars, which is a legitimate branch of Hololive Production, and they're just as good and worth acknowledging as the female talents. I'm not saying you have to watch them (although they do make great streams), but it's not fair to imply that the female talents are the only ones who exist in the agency. The boys in Holostars already suffer from significantly less subs and views than the Hololive girls and the popular male livers in Nijisanji due to the different branding, lack of exposure, and the negative bias from radical Japanese idol fans, so I think it's important to at least acknowledge their existence.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote