AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-08-27, 19:19   Link #21
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
When you go back and re-read early One Piece (the first 300 chapters), you pick up on the fact that Oda constructs his story by leaving noticeable gaps in regards to explanation so he can fill them in later to make it look like one seamless story. Things like:
  • the blank 10 years of Luffy growing up and skipping his actual departure from the village. (Covered in his Luffy's flashback.)
  • Sanji already being on the ship Zeff attacked and then the whole thing about him being born in North Blue. (Covered in Sanji's second flashback).
  • Yosaku's explanation about Jinbe releasing Arlong into East Blue. (Covered in the Fishman Island flashback).
  • Zoro's method for cutting through steel. (Ryuo)
Sanji's Diable Jambe was the same. The initial explanation of the friction causing the flames in Sanji's first use of Diable Jambe is still valid. But Oda's explanation of Sanji not being hurt by the flames in the SBS (and parroted in this very chapter) was suspect after the timeskip. Sanji straight up used Diable Jambe underwater; ain't no friction there. And with Hell Memories and thereafter, it appeared the flames themselves were responding to Sanji's feelings. Then we get to Whole Cake Island and learn about Judge's manipulation of the Lineage Factor as well as Sora's efforts to protect Sanji's emotions. At this point, Sanji's Diable Jambe was highly suspect.

The only point against this line of reasoning is the lack of mention it received in the Whole Cake Island Arc. But it looks like its being brought up now.

At what point can we really call it a retcon?
The fact that if creating fire was related to his LF then Judge should have noticed it when Sanji used diable jambe against him, since he is the one who modified his children. And yet nothing.

About Zoro I don’t think he will be related to any samurai as there was only one samurai who abandoned Wano years ago and it’s not related to Zoro for sure. Even the similarity with ryuma is just because Oda based his short story on a proto-Zoro character.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-27, 19:20   Link #22
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Super strong samurai genes, obviously.
Obviously? I dunno about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Can you explain to me what the point of making Zoro a Shimotsuki is?
No.

But there's a range of possibilities:
  • It could just be symbolic. A descendant of Ryuuma (or at least one who learned from the same school of swordplay as his descendants) has come to the Wano country to liberate it from an evil force.
  • It could be a key to explore the full scope of Zoro's origins and explain where his family name (Roronoa) comes from.
  • It could be the actual worst case scenario: Zoro unlocks Sword God Ryuuma mode which he uses to epically pwn King, Shiliew, Mihawk and the Buddha Gorousei.
But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Right now I'm still waiting for confirmation on Zoro being a Shimotsuki in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
The fact that if creating fire was related to his LF then Judge should have noticed it when Sanji used diable jambe against him, since he is the one who modified his children. And yet nothing.
I agree. I've been holding that thought ever since Whole Cake Island. Let's see what ultimately happens.

Last edited by OH&S; 2021-08-27 at 19:24. Reason: Response to Ka-el
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-28, 00:29   Link #23
itachi-san314

This chapter was great. I'm really liking these final fights. Not exactly sure what to make of Sanji yet. I thought his LF would be related to invisibility like his Raid Suit. Guess we have to wait a little longer for a full explanation. Like others' said, Judge should have noticed if it was fire based. As for Zoro, his lineage was pretty obvious since Thriller Bark. He's also not likely to care much about it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-28, 07:28   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
About Zoro I don’t think he will be related to any samurai as there was only one samurai who abandoned Wano years ago and it’s not related to Zoro for sure. Even the similarity with ryuma is just because Oda based his short story on a proto-Zoro character.
The Shimotsuki Daimyo they talk about is the split image of Zoro. There's pretty much no chance he isn't from their lineage.

I've been thinking we could get another Zoro flashback to explain his origins too, because right now he's the one with the most lame backstory. Kuina falling off the stairs has even been a meme for ages.
Old 2021-08-29, 05:41   Link #25
Hoodspirit

Carrot being there for the Perospero fight was a good surprise since the spoilers didn't mention her at all. With this she could actually prevent Nekomamushi from killing the candy guy by maturing and accepting that it was Pedro's own decision.

The Sanji situation, there is definitely something at play here. The fire might be a diversion, but he will get the tougher skin. At one point the Samurai will fail to stop one gunner and Sanji will tank that shot like it is nothing.
As for the fire, I can see it both ways. It certainly would be a crazy enough of a reason to go with the passion explanation, just like with the milk. Brook and Luffy were considered not normal for having that trait either. Speaking of Luffy, a general passion explanation could be used for his Red-technics too.
On the other hand a Linage Factor reason would be the more logical explanation. Judge wouldn't be too surprised since he created it, and thus would have no need to comment on it. While we only know that Sanji got the Raid Suit from Niji, it is highly likely that Judge was the one to create and gifting it by proxy to Sanji.

The Zoro stuff would only be interesting if it has nothing to do with genes, but with inherited will.

Cannot quite agree with calling King a brute based on what we have seen. I fully understand the intention behind it, but what we saw in this chapter is still in HEMA scripts (though dialed up a little).

Still not a fan of Momonosuke aging up, but he will probably be physical impressive because of Shounen rules, while he should really be just a very skinny man. Let's see if he will do more than giving Kaido a little shock at his Oden-face and carrying Onigashima.

Colourspread was nice and will probably make for a good poster when it is completed.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-30, 10:38   Link #26
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Carrot being there for the Perospero fight was a good surprise since the spoilers didn't mention her at all. With this she could actually prevent Nekomamushi from killing the candy guy by maturing and accepting that it was Pedro's own decision.
Fist, Perospero is still a bad guy actively fighting against their side in the Raid. Second, Pedro blew himself up because Perospero was preventing the Straw Hats from escaping, so the Mink's sacrifice was a direct responds to Perospero's actions. And finally, Nekomamushi knows what went down at WCI already and he still doesn't care because his friend is dead.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote