AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-20, 17:09   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shame the OP spoiled it, but the flashback would have made it obvious anyway. Can't blame Hime for not recognizing her nemesis. She turned into one sexy lady. Hime, on other hand, remained a gremlin so it's easy for anyone to tell it's her.

Although Mitsuki still hates Hime for always putting up a facade and being unable what she's truly thinking as a result, it seems like she's matured enough to not just go screaming on every roof that Hime is a liar.
Old 2023-04-20, 22:57   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-21, 04:46   Link #23
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

some yuri with Hime x Yano breast smooch. lol

anyway, stressful time for Hime. A trauma from her past has come back.

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-27, 17:03   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good old misunderstanding. None of this would have happened if Hime had communicated normally with Yano. I'm surprised Hime actually opened to Kanoko given what happened with Yano, she must have surely been afraid history would repeat itself. I think better of her after this episode. She may be lying all the time and maintaining a facade, but she's a good girl deep down.
Old 2023-04-28, 06:12   Link #25
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

Hime lied to protect Yano from the bad girls. Sad that Hime was misunderstood.
Old 2023-04-29, 16:42   Link #26
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 11:21.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 18:26   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hime is a lucky girl. Just look at the size of those things, hot damn.
Old 2023-04-29, 22:24   Link #28
Alchemist007
*Author

So she explained the backstory I guess just to the viewer, and not out loud to Yano. Kind of just hoping they dish it out now instead of being passive aggressive for another ep+. Though it's about time Yano got some just desserts for her own behavior recently, at least in the form of being told the truth and having some level of remorse for her current attitude, because it seems like she didn't really grow out of the past herself either.
Old 2023-05-04, 09:59   Link #29
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

things got a bit more complicated. But at last, Yano is told by Hime on the reason for quitting the piano.

Kanoko realize what's going on.. she tell Hime that they should go home.
Old 2023-05-04, 18:02   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have to say I wasn't expecting this much drama going into this series. I thought it'd be light hearted yuri. I hope the misunderstanding will be fully cleared up by the end of the anime. Damn that dude for forgetting his umbrella.
Old 2023-05-11, 18:09   Link #31
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

made me smile when Yano put the cross on Hime. Emotional moment. Looks like they now solved something that was not solved years ago. Hime get another hug. lol

and Kanoko does not look happy.
Old 2023-05-11, 18:19   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad the misunderstanding was resolved and they made up... mostly. Now a new misunderstanding arose as Hime is too dense to get what Yano's "I love you" truly meant. Still hope they'll get along from now on.

Seems the drama will move on to Kanoko now.
Old 2023-05-11, 22:09   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I swear that this anime forgot by the 2nd episode that the protagonist is being forced/coerced into working in the shop in the first place, since the option to quit never seems to occur in her mind no matter how toxic the workplace is and they talk about how forced they look as if she wasn't forced in the first place

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-12, 15:29   Link #34
Ghostfriendly

An interstellar war or killing spree would be far less engaging than this bloodless romantic comedy about actors. By and large, animated violence is senselessly contrived and cheap - people die, but its easy to remember that no one really dies in anime. The tension particularly of amateurs attempting to put on a show for an audience is incredibly relatable and sympathetic. Combining the same with the real feelings between the players makes this almost too intense to watch, with a level of emotional depths that many more famous anime never even touched. The only reason needed for Hime to stay with the cafe, as @serenade_beta complained of, is that she's not only entangled with Yano but stagestruck. She was pushed into the cafe, but now she's enjoying it. The show must go on, if that takes rom-com miscommunication, I'm glad of it keeping this drama going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Good old misunderstanding. None of this would have happened if Hime had communicated normally with Yano. I'm surprised Hime actually opened to Kanoko given what happened with Yano, she must have surely been afraid history would repeat itself. I think better of her after this episode. She may be lying all the time and maintaining a facade, but she's a good girl deep down.
It's not unbelievable that an uptight closeted lesbian and a habitual liar would have communication issues, but I can still imagine it being overdone - I'd very much like to see some Kanoko-Yano conflict to switch things up. While Kanoko already knows about Hime's facade, it would be interesting to see how their friendship got started. It would also be interesting to hear more about why Hime lies, though it's been shown to be a product of her (perception of) her environment.

Still don't care about any character in Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. It needs more amateur dramatics, more happy lesbians, fewer dead prostitutes.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2023-06-02 at 16:05.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-13, 05:16   Link #35
Liddo-kun
is this so?

forgot to say in previous post..

I think the problem was left unresolved, because the incident happened when they were kids. That time, they were not mature enough to fully understand what happened. Now that they're older, the issue is cleared up after some honest talk.
Old 2023-05-18, 13:50   Link #36
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

Kanoko thinks it's fine to have so many photos of a friend on her cp. This is worrying..

oh, and nice to see other students of Liebe academy, even if they;re just imaginary.
Old 2023-05-18, 17:48   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Each of the staff members get 90 votes each for a total of 450. This means the votes of the customers don't matter one bit, since I seriously doubt there are that many of them. They seem to have a small but loyal customer base. I'm willing to bet the cake you have to buy to get a ballot is overpriced too, especially considering Hime's reaction when she found out they were frozen goods instead of actually made by the cook. It's a complete scam, but it's not surprising coming from the girl who faked an injury to coerce a high school girl into working at her place.
Old 2023-05-19, 05:09   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

from what I understand. Each employee would be.. customer votes + other employee vote + 90 votes = total vote? I think the automatic 90 vote is just a method by the store owner, so nobody really get a 0. Also helps create the illusion that there are many other "students" in the academy.
Old 2023-05-19, 06:14   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
from what I understand. Each employee would be.. customer votes + other employee vote + 90 votes = total vote? I think the automatic 90 vote is just a method by the store owner, so nobody really get a 0. Also helps create the illusion that there are many other "students" in the academy.
She keeps it a secret from the customers, and there's no way they have enough customers to offset the staff's votes. Their votes are counted but they don't matter. If Hime and Kanoko both vote for Hime that's already 180 votes for her... do you think there are more than 180 customers?

One thing I haven't taken into account though is that customers can probably vote several times, just need to keep ordering the cake.
Old 2023-05-19, 11:19   Link #40
Liddo-kun
is this so?

let's just wait for the next episode.

I've been following the manga. So I know how this will turn out.

anyway, I was careful not to mention any spoilers.

Tags
romance, yuri