AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-07-05, 08:14   Link #21
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Maybe it can be that there is still another Extra Joker.

I'm curios to see if Ishi would just show the climax of that battle or maybe Tobio vs Dulio's whole match could be inserted in DX that would sealed together with a Slash Dog's Volume?
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 08:15   Link #22
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

However someone has any other possible idea about who could join the peerage of Rias, Xenovia, Gasper and Ravel?
Old 2023-07-05, 09:45   Link #23
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Lol, I thought there was two Extra Jokers aside from Dulio. We need to see Dulio's match against Tobio to see Heaven's strongest cards.
The strongest cards went into the Isolation Barrier Field to fight Tribeca. Griselda, Milana, Nero, and Deethelm are likely the strongest members on Dulio's team.

But let's and this because we're getting off topic.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 10:02   Link #24
B214

How many slots are left for each team?
Rias has Rook & Bishop.
Xenovia still has 2 Knights & 7 Pawns.
Ravel & Gasper should still have all slots opened.

Edit: Personally if you ask me i really hope Ishibumi doesn't really add another peerage members anymore. I feel like DxD is currently suffering from having too many characters, that's why he wrote off Sona and some of her team members away. Most of the characters are now suffering from they are just there instead of having an actual role. Ingvild is Ise's queen but i feel like her role in the story is just being there only at the moment, she's important but i don't have the feeling that she's treated as important as lets say Asia or Ravel. Maybe it would be better if Ishibumi takes things slowly. Maybe he needs to put aside more characters like he did with Sona.

Last edited by B214; 2023-07-05 at 10:12.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 12:08   Link #25
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Edit: Personally if you ask me i really hope Ishibumi doesn't really add another peerage members anymore.
@ B214 Ishi in the Shin DXD 4 has tell to us that Issei's Rook is a mutated piece that is growing together with him:

Quote:
• The unused [Rook] that Hyoudou Issei possessed converted into a [Mutation Piece] afterwards. It’s supposedly growing alongside its owner.
https://occult-research.club/project...mory_Genealogy

I think that he wouldn't have tell to us something like that if he hasn't any plan for that piece so I think that at least that vacant mutated piece would be used.

Quote:
I feel like DxD is currently suffering from having too many characters, that's why he wrote off Sona and some of her team members away.

Considering that lately he have introduced Runeas Gremory, Sefaria Seraselbes and would have to introduce the Malebranche and the members of the Eevie's army it seem that Ishi isn't particular afraid that he would have too many characters to handle
Old 2023-07-05, 12:35   Link #26
Dareal_truth

It's going towards fairy tail route
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 16:55   Link #27
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
However someone has any other possible idea about who could join the peerage of Rias, Xenovia, Gasper and Ravel?
Tosca seems the perfect candidate for rook on Rias’ team. If Kiba does eventually take up his pieces, I could see her being traded to him.
Gasper definitely will reincarnate Valerie. Likely as his queen or bishop. I say queen
There’s isn’t any real candidates for Ravel at present
Dunno about Xenovia since her peerage is out of the ordinary.
Saji will probably use his pieces to reincarnate his siblings. Maybe Momo will eventually be traded to him as well. Possibly Ruruko if she can settle her feelings.
Old 2023-07-05, 18:18   Link #28
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Tosca seems the perfect candidate for rook on Rias’ team. If Kiba does eventually take up his pieces, I could see her being traded to him.
Gasper definitely will reincarnate Valerie. Likely as his queen or bishop. I say queen
There’s isn’t any real candidates for Ravel at present
Dunno about Xenovia since her peerage is out of the ordinary.
Saji will probably use his pieces to reincarnate his siblings. Maybe Momo will eventually be traded to him as well. Possibly Ruruko if she can settle her feelings.
Kiba is one of Ishibuni's favorite characters. If he wanted him to have evil pieces he would have given him some. Why would Xenovia, Ravel, Gasper, Saji, Tsubaki, and Alivian decide to get evil pieces but not Kiba if that was Ishibumi's intention to give him some?

There's no indication that Tosca will be a combatant or that she necessarily wants to.be. And Rias' already has two rooks. I suggested her being in Ravel's peerage because I don't think her peerage will be focused on combat. Because besides the fact she has a strong barrier-type Sacred Gear, what kind of combat ability does she have? Based on how Ishibuni treats female characters in this series and the level of future enemies, it would probably be best to keep her as far away from combat as humanly possible.

Akeno and Koneko both have feelings for Issei so why didn't they join his peerage? Using Hanakai's feelings as an excuse for her to join Saji's peerage don't make any sense. Also Nimura has already been traded.. why would she be traded again?

And I doubt Saji would want to reincarnate his siblings. Yes he will far outlive them if they stay human but he has likely come to terms with that like Issei with his parents or probably Akeno with Suzaku and Tobio or even with Irina and her parents. He'll probably be happy as long as they live long, fulfilling lives.

And about people saying Balberith and Verrine joining Xenovia's peerage was random? I don't really think it was. One is the fact that Balberith and Verrine are Super Devils. They wouldn't just be able to join anyone else's peerage because they would simply be worth too many pieces. Rias'or Sairaorg don't have the pieces. So that would only leave Issei or a newly promoted high-class devil.

With Issei, he doesn't intend to have any males in his harem and even if he decided on Balberith I doubt any of his current pieces would be enough although Ishibuni could justify Issei's mutated rook because it's Issei. But alas, Balberith is a male.

As far as Verrine is concerned, I don"t think Ishibuni has any intention of her joining the harem. And it's fair to say that all of Issei's servants are his haremettes. And plus as the likely two candidates for strongest female devils, Ishibuni probably wants Ingvild and Verrine to be rival queens in a way.

As far as Xenovia being the lucky recipient, it could have been anyone else and it would really be no better or worse. But Xenovia being Student Council President is a leader in her own right and her getting a peerage seems very natural considering her personality. If Balberith and Verrine couldn't join Issei's peerage for the reasons I stated above, then being in one of his servant's peerage was the next best thing.

And we saw how Nimura was following Xenovia's lead in the short story in DX3. So that makes sense as well.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2023-07-05 at 18:32.
Old 2023-07-06, 04:18   Link #29
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

@ Lucidrago well you have make a pretty long post.

I have appreciated how did you express your reasoning here.

I have say that after reading this long post to yours though I still think that Balberith and Verrine in Xenovia's peerage was make too suddenly I'm not again that idea so much anymore cause your reason have sense.
Old 2023-07-06, 06:49   Link #30
Lucidrago

Quote:
@ Lucidrago well you have make a pretty long post.

I have appreciated how did you express your reasoning here.

I have say that after reading this long post to yours though I still think that Balberith and Verrine in Xenovia's peerage was make too suddenly I'm not again that idea so much anymore cause your reason have sense.
I do agree that it was sudden but it makes a lot of sense considering Balberith's and Verrine's position. They were just their enemies not that long ago and were aligned with Hades. A lot of devils would have their concerns with them being taken under the custody of the Underworld with no strings attached because of their previous affiliation with Hades and the fact that they're Super Devils.

But Xenoviaaking them her servants with the condition that she can't compete in Rating Games with her peerage pretty much solves the problem. Because Xenovia is Issei's knight, it's fair to say that her peerage may as well be an extension of Issei's. And Issei is a hero to the underworld and the supernatural world at large. So that would clear up any concerns about Balberith and Verrine and would make Xenovia, and by extension, Issei, responsible for those two. That would free up the higher-ups' hands and they could simply leave their cars to Xenovia and Issei. Even if they still had concerns, they wouldn't be able to openly state them because of Issei's standing.

Look at it like Odin adopting Vali or Indra making Cao Cap hkx direct subordinate.
Old 2023-07-06, 08:05   Link #31
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

@ Lucidragon I was thinking that maybe for the Malebranche could happened a situation like that.

Perhaps Vali could accept to have a peerage for make Malacoda is queen, a female Malebranche could be either Isse's Mutated Rook or all of his 8 pawns when another one can be in the peerage of Xenovia or in the Ravel.

I was thinking that maybe there can be a Malebranche that could bond with Ravel and so maybe because of their bond Ravel could use part of its power without turn into a monster or something. I think to remember that it was said that the compatibility between a Devil and the Malebranche is important.
Old 2023-07-06, 16:36   Link #32
Dareal_truth

Why does certain individuas such as Ravel need a Malebranche? It has no compatibility with her because her role in the story is not fighting.
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-06, 20:38   Link #33
B214

The King doesn't necessarily have to be the strongest but the King does need to have strong members under them.

That being said, i do hope we could get a sniper for a peerage member.
Old 2023-07-07, 04:00   Link #34
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Sniper? It would be interesting. How this person could be a sniper? Thanks a SG that work like a fire weapon? There is already Shooting Star for that but maybe there can be another kind of SG that work like a fire weapon?
Old 2023-07-07, 06:19   Link #35
B214

Quote:
Sniper? It would be interesting. How this person could be a sniper? Thanks a SG that work like a fire weapon? There is already Shooting Star for that but maybe there can be another kind of SG that work like a fire weapon?
I'm thinking something more to a non-SG user like, a person who's a gun user but prefers to use sniping rifle to avoid close combat. He/she shoots out demonic power, maybe they has some equipment that allows them to reflect their bullets to hide their position from enemy.
Old 2023-07-07, 06:30   Link #36
Lucidrago

Quote:
The King doesn't necessarily have to be the strongest but the King does need to have strong members under them.

That would be a good idea but something like that would be reserved for an assassin-like character. In a Rating Game or even in real combat, their uses would be very limited based on how Ishibuni writes battles. The rifle would have to be powerful enough to take out more than your typical low-level enemies and they would have to keep their presence concealed. You would need both for said sniper to stay as effective as possible. Take away either of those conditions and they pretty much become useless.

Also the king or a key figure in the king's peerage would be the main target. Their goal would be to take out either one of those to either cripple the opposing team or to win the match outright. And there's a chance that the sniper could only get one shot and if they mess it up, they're probably finished.

So while it's an interesting idea if played right, I don't think it would go over well in DxD.
L
Old 2023-07-07, 07:12   Link #37
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I'm thinking something more to a non-SG user like, a person who's a gun user but prefers to use sniping rifle to avoid close combat. He/she shoots out demonic power, maybe they has some equipment that allows them to reflect their bullets to hide their position from enemy.
Maybe the Grigori could make a weapon that would allow to use demoniac power in that way. I was also thinking that if Lint and Fried using guns then maybe it could be possible that there can be among the exorcist or the brave saints some who can have a weapon that fire bullets of holy powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
And there's a chance that the sniper could only get one shot and if they mess it up, they're probably finished.

So while it's an interesting idea if played right, I don't think it would go over well in DxD.
Agree, it could be depend by how Ishi would wrotte the battle when the sniper is involved.

I was thinking that maybe Shooting Star BXB could consist that he could change the type of fire weapon Star Buster Star Blaster is, for example maybe he could turn it into a sort of sniper rifle that fire bullets much less destructive but more fast and accurate which can be ideal for being able to fire continuously without needing to worry about the fact that a ally could be strike cause is too close to Shooting Star's target.
Old 2023-07-07, 15:30   Link #38
Lucidrago

Quote:
Maybe the Grigori could make a weapon that would allow to use demoniac power in that way. I was also thinking that if Lint and Fried using guns then maybe it could be possible that there can be among the exorcist or the brave saints some who can have a weapon that fire bullets of holy powers.

Agree, it could be depend by how Ishi would wrotte the battle when the sniper is involved.

I was thinking that maybe Shooting Star BXB could consist that he could change the type of fire weapon Star Buster Star Blaster is, for example maybe he could turn it into a sort of sniper rifle that fire bullets much less destructive but more fast and accurate which can be ideal for being able to fire continuously without needing to worry about the fact that a ally could be strike cause is too close to Shooting Star's target.
Moving this over to the power-ups thread.
Old 2023-07-07, 20:46   Link #39
B214

Another potential candidate i would put into consideration is the descendent of a past Boosted Gear & Divine Dividing possessor. But then again, we don't know how many Dragon based SG are there in the world, so hard to tell how effective he/she would be if it's just twice critical. Maybe they could have it that, he/she manage to find a piece of Draig/Albion's original flesh and made a weapon from it. Or they did a contract with some Dragons like Asia.
Old 2023-07-08, 05:22   Link #40
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Moving this over to the power-ups thread.
Yeah, I shouldn't have post it here. My bad.

Quote:
Another potential candidate i would put into consideration is the descendent of a past Boosted Gear & Divine Dividing possessor.
For me the problem here is considering the JD how many of the former possessors of BG and DD has living enough to having childrens and so descendents? Perhaps all previous wielders of BG and DD were too much focus on their power for care to have a family.

However is a interesting idea.