AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2024-03-16, 01:08   Link #21
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Not sure he's gonna pair the main characters from the different spin-offs with each other. Might just be yuri bait instead.
OOF, Yuri bait lol.

That'd be a hell of a first in a DxD setting unless something else is alluding from it.
Qliphoth Bacikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-16, 01:11   Link #22
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
It's from the magazine. But I wonder if it would be better if the focus was in another city instead of Kuoh again, mainly because devils might dominate the spotlight again.
Tbh, I probably would have liked something like this to happen, especially in just seeing how things are also happening elsewhere while the main story events are also going on.

IDK if Slash-Dog (2014 onwards ver) counts because I can't recall the sort of city they're set in + I remember they also take place a few years prior to main DxD going off the confirmed/implied ages of the cast there like Tobio and others like Vali from that time...

(Apologies if I'm multi-posting, haven't done multi-quoting here before)
Old 2024-03-16, 07:33   Link #23
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxDvn View Post
Junior High School DxD released on May 17 https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/322308001215/
So she's a samurai girl and she has a Sacred Gear? Or can someone confirm cause I'm using Google Translate. I was hoping to see more of the Totsuka no Tsurugi, but oh well.

This is better than getting no new material at all.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-16, 07:37   Link #24
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliphoth Bacikal View Post
Tbh, I probably would have liked something like this to happen, especially in just seeing how things are also happening elsewhere while the main story events are also going on.

IDK if Slash-Dog (2014 onwards ver) counts because I can't recall the sort of city they're set in + I remember they also take place a few years prior to main DxD going off the confirmed/implied ages of the cast there like Tobio and others like Vali from that time...

(Apologies if I'm multi-posting, haven't done multi-quoting here before)
Maybe they just want to include some main characters from DxD as a regular feature, due to popularity reasons which might draw in DxD fans to try out the novel, hence the setting being Kuoh and the new girl meeting Rias. Another city would have been better for me and they could have used one of the newer girls like Latia or Iryuka to connect Zekka with the devil main cast. Even Seekvaira, just for the sake of variety and seeing different characters. But it's fine ig.
Old 2024-03-16, 15:21   Link #25
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

The presence of DXD's Characters likely is for try to attract the the readers of Main Story. I can see Issei and others help the Junior's Cast sometimes in their battles.

Maybe if the girl have a sword-like Sacred Gear she could be trained by both Kiba and Cao Cao.
Hyodou True DXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-16, 16:33   Link #26
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
So she's a samurai girl and she has a Sacred Gear? Or can someone confirm cause I'm using Google Translate. I was hoping to see more of the Totsuka no Tsurugi, but oh well.

This is better than getting no new material at all.
Yeah, it says "Sword-shaped Sacred Gear" or something of that effect. DK how to translate the name of the weapon though. Seems like it's something new, but then again, it could also be the Totsuka sword too in a different name or something in a matter like Tobio's?

IDK.

Quote:
Maybe they just want to include some main characters from DxD as a regular feature, due to popularity reasons which might draw in DxD fans to try out the novel, hence the setting being Kuoh and the new girl meeting Rias. Another city would have been better for me and they could have used one of the newer girls like Latia or Iryuka to connect Zekka with the devil main cast. Even Seekvaira, just for the sake of variety and seeing different characters. But it's fine ig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
The presence of DXD's Characters likely is for try to attract the the readers of Main Story. I can see Issei and others help the Junior's Cast sometimes in their battles.

Maybe if the girl have a sword-like Sacred Gear she could be trained by both Kiba and Cao Cao.
That makes sense. I think Ishibumi probably did something like that of that effect sorta with Slash/Dog, since it had Vali in it and even got Akeno's old man Baraqiel in it.

But yeah, having the main main cast of DxD and more is likely to gain some interest in this spin off which would make sense seeing as it's set for the girl to be in Kuoh Academy.
Old 2024-03-16, 16:56   Link #27
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
That makes sense. I think Ishibumi probably did something like that of that effect sorta with Slash/Dog, since it had Vali in it and even got Akeno's old man Baraqiel in it.

But yeah, having the main main cast of DxD and more is likely to gain some interest in this spin off which would make sense seeing as it's set for the girl to be in Kuoh Academy.
Perhaps Rossweisse can be the teacher of her class as well or maybe there would be a Fallen Angel Lady from the Grigori which her task is observe the MC that can be a teacher and a mentor figure like Azazel did with the Main Cast.

We have Rias that haven't found yet someone for which give her new Knight Piece, also Xenovia too haven't someone for her Knight's Pieces. Maybe if this girl would appear on Shin she can bee see as potential candidate for be the Knight of Rias and Xenovia.
Old 2024-03-16, 17:22   Link #28
Xuanwu

Rias is a high school student according to the intro, which means the novel should be set sometime before Volume 22? So, no post-Trihexa stuff.

Based on this, I think it's likely that the novel is between v3-v14 timeline? First half of DxD, basically. Rizevim/Trihexa stuff starts from v16 proper.
Old 2024-03-16, 18:02   Link #29
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

The problem of this Spin-Off that take place before Shin is why if the MC already meet the Main Cast she hasn't ever show up in the main story before?

I don't like that they can go with this kind of incongruence, for me it should take place after Shin DXD 4 and Runeas's Introduction. They could find a way for justify her meet with Rias despite she is on University. We already have Slash Dog as Prequel Spin-Off.
Old 2024-03-18, 12:53   Link #30
Xuanwu

I'm also wondering if Zekka's Sacred Gear could end up as one of the new Longinus. Because it's very hard for me to picture one of the MCs wielding an average Sacred Gear, given how the current MCs (Issei and Tobio) and potential MCs (Ouryuu, Millicas, Ex) have busted inner powers or god-class potential.

But ofc, Zekka isn't mentioned as one of the strongest humans by Vali or Issei.
Old 2024-03-18, 14:04   Link #31
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

@ Xuanwu you should considered the fact that when the list of Future Longinus and Strongest Humans were mentioned back Zekka's existence could haven't been even thinked yet by Ishibumi back then. Just like how Ishi have released the Top 10 for the first time but later we have discovered there are beings like Tartarus who despite not having being mentioned back then show he can easily be Top 10.

If Ishi choice to introduce her even in Shin DXD's Volumes maybe her Sacred Gear could became a Longinus. Maybe her possible opponents wouldn't be so strong that a Longinus is necessary to defeated them but in future, who knows?
Old 2024-03-19, 05:58   Link #32
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Her sword Sacred Gear is called Heavenly Saint (name could be changed).
Old 2024-03-19, 09:56   Link #33
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
Nice. Reminds me of Nero's sacred gear name. Hopefully she'll have interesting Sacred Gear evolutions like Issei and Tobio.
Old 2024-03-19, 09:59   Link #34
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
@ Xuanwu you should considered the fact that when the list of Future Longinus and Strongest Humans were mentioned back Zekka's existence could haven't been even thinked yet by Ishibumi back then. Just like how Ishi have released the Top 10 for the first time but later we have discovered there are beings like Tartarus who despite not having being mentioned back then show he can easily be Top 10.

If Ishi choice to introduce her even in Shin DXD's Volumes maybe her Sacred Gear could became a Longinus. Maybe her possible opponents wouldn't be so strong that a Longinus is necessary to defeated them but in future, who knows?
Yeah, I was just thinking that it'd be weird if she's the only MC that tops at Ultimate-class. She's most likely going to be at least Maou-class in Shin DxD.

Side note, this is a good opportunity to give Kunou more spotlight. She could be part of Zekka's friend group.
Old 2024-03-19, 10:35   Link #35
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
天聖/Tensei being Heavenly Saint...that's not a bad name.

Am curious if it will stay and what it can do given it's in the hands of Musashi's apparent descendent.
Old 2024-03-19, 10:42   Link #36
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Yeah, I was just thinking that it'd be weird if she's the only MC that tops at Ultimate-class. She's most likely going to be at least Maou-class in Shin DxD.

Side note, this is a good opportunity to give Kunou more spotlight. She could be part of Zekka's friend group.
I can definitely see Zekka becoming another Human with a powerful Sacred Gear mentioned or even show up in Shin DxD if it came to it. But yeah, she's gonna be well behind the other MC's of Issei and Tobio on that front...

That would be dope for more Kunou screentime owo
Old 2024-03-19, 12:01   Link #37
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

Story takes place when Issei was familiarising himself with the Occult Research Club, so no Kunou
Old 2024-03-19, 16:13   Link #38
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Story takes place when Issei was familiarising himself with the Occult Research Club, so no Kunou
Did I miss something? Was this confirmed somewhere?

Quote:
I can definitely see Zekka becoming another Human with a powerful Sacred Gear mentioned or even show up in Shin DxD if it came to it. But yeah, she's gonna be well behind the other MC's of Issei and Tobio on that front...
I do wonder what her Sacred Gear could be capable to do and if the characters would already heard about her?

Quote:
It should pass some times between Jurion and Shin DXD for justify that she would be Maou Class in Shin but considering she is a MC I can agree she could have a lot of potential.

I know is too soon for this but considering how many vacants positions there in the various Peerage such the ones of Rias, Xenovia, Gasper and Ravel it could be possible she can the a addition for one of those Peerage?
Old 2024-03-19, 16:20   Link #39
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

It was confirmed in the previous Dragon Magazine issue.
Old 2024-03-19, 17:08   Link #40
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

I see. I was thinking we would have see sometimes the current Issei save the MC and the possible characters sometimes. Hope that Issei wouldn't appear just for look like a Idiot to which Junior's Characters badmounthing sometimes