Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-29, 03:56   Link #1
CaSe-
胸のひねること

To fill the gap that is Midori and Konomini

Well, after these great series (imo, before i get lynched ) have come to a conclusion, its left rather a great gap in my anime download and watch schedule. Id like some suggestions, and im pretty open to almost any type of anime... as long as it is good ^^

These are the series ive watched or are watching

Naruto
Konomini
Midori No Hibi
Scrapped Princess
Tenjou Tenge
Samurai Champloo
Peace Maker Kurogane
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Chrno Crusade
NGE
Full Metal Alchemist
FLCL

and there are probably more, but i cant remember.

Anyhow... suggest away!
Old 2004-06-29, 04:05   Link #2
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Well, after these great series (imo, before i get lynched ) have come to a conclusion, its left rather a great gap in my anime download and watch schedule. Id like some suggestions, and im pretty open to almost any type of anime... as long as it is good ^^

These are the series ive watched or are watching

Naruto
Konomini
Midori No Hibi
Scrapped Princess
Tenjou Tenge
Samurai Champloo
Peace Maker Kurogane
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Chrno Crusade
NGE
Full Metal Alchemist
FLCL

and there are probably more, but i cant remember.

Anyhow... suggest away!
Melody of Oblivion--get it from Rice-Box. It is a tale of non-conformity in a world where ethic and morals run amok. We follow an outcast of this world in his fight for what he believe is right. And yes... I could not be more vague

Just watch it^^
Old 2004-06-29, 05:58   Link #3
7thMethuselah

Aishiteruze Baby : a shoujo anime that surprised me when i first started watching it. It's cute heartwarming, a bit dramatic at times, funny, basically shoujo .

The story : Kippei Katakura is a high school playboy who would flirt with any girl he sees. His life was turn upside down when one day, his 5-year old cousin Yuzuyu shows up at his house after her mother had seemingly abandoned her. And now, Kippei has been handed the task of taking care of Yuzuyu for the time being, and he must learn how to become the "mother" that Yuzuyu needs.
(descrition stolen from animenewsnetwork)
Old 2004-06-29, 11:38   Link #4
onizukaPwns
smiles with big mouth!

full moon wo sagashite=legendary shoujo with greatest ending

its about a girl who only has one year to live due to her throat tumor. she dreams of becoming a singer, but the throat tumor won't let her. but she meets these shingami ppls (death god sorta ppls), who grant her the power to become a 16 year old and make her healthy enough to become a singer before she dies.

the story is really HAPPY, even though she only got a year to live. and the characters are likable, and they develope and change throughout the anime. and the ending will probably be the best one you'll ever experience.
Old 2004-06-29, 11:48   Link #5
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Thankyou for the suggestions... keep them coming! (i have lots of time and hard drive space ^^)

What does Shoujo mean?
Old 2004-06-29, 12:41   Link #6
Budweineken
Crap

Considering you list.. here are my suggestions:

Kare Kano
Onegai Teacher and Twins
Love Hina
Twelve Kingdom
Kanon
Air Master
Condor Hero
Matantei Loki Ragnarok
Koi Kaze
Great Teacher Onizuka
Gokusen
Gunparade March
Mahoromatic
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Kenran Butoh Sai The Mars Daybreak
Green Green
PlanetES
Shaman King
Tenchi (all of them)
Figure 17 (I think you'll be surprised with this one)
Gensou Mande Saiyuki, Reload, and Gunlock
Full Metal Panic! and Fomouffu
Tsukihime
Read or Die OVA and ROD TV (A MUST!)
Get Backers
Mononoke Hime
Inuyasha
3x3 Eyes
Rahxephon
Someday's Dreamers
Maburaho

and the list goes on and on.... but i think you got plenty to choose from in this list

**consider that the previous posts recommendations would have also made it to my list... and this list is based on what you are watching... if you are interested in my favorite anime recommendations then let me know and i'll make you another list of what are my favorites
Old 2004-06-29, 22:31   Link #7
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I don't see Mahoromatic anywhere!? It's the same voices and designers as Konomini, you gotta watch it!!

<----- note my av
Old 2004-06-30, 00:06   Link #8
Budweineken
Crap

Well I did mention Mahoromatic in my post... but you probably skipped it because of the long list... but a great recommendation... I really enjoyed it
Old 2004-06-30, 01:48   Link #9
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
Well I did mention Mahoromatic in my post... but you probably skipped it because of the long list... but a great recommendation... I really enjoyed it

Whoops totally missed it!!!

Another suggestion, try out Phantom Memory Kurau, first ep was released today. The VA of Kurau is also Mahoro/Hikari And the first ep was amazing.
Old 2004-06-30, 04:48   Link #10
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
maan, i was searchin for Maburaho and Love Hina but their liscensed hence hard to find.

Aishiteruze Baby is good, don't ask what shoujo is until you watch like 5 eps because you might judje and not watch it.
Old 2004-06-30, 04:51   Link #11
NarutoHead

by the way wheres your sig/avatar from? that looks hilarious!
Old 2004-06-30, 05:19   Link #12
CaSe-
胸のひねること

The sig i made is Hikaru from kimi ga nozomu eien, and the avatar is from Konomini

And tell me what shoujo is! Im not a person to judge
Old 2004-06-30, 12:20   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
The sig i made is Hikaru from kimi ga nozomu eien, and the avatar is from Konomini

Shoujo is anime aimed at a female audience. Basically the situation is looked at and dealt with from a female perspective. Shoujo is the female equivalent of shounen. A typical shounen is naruto, while a typical shoujo would be Fushigi Yuugi

Anyway : Aishiteru ze Baby is loveable, adorable, insanely kawaii, heartwarming, touching, breathtaking, ... Did I mention you really have to watch it?

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-06-30 at 12:47.
Old 2004-06-30, 13:48   Link #14
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Shoujo is anime aimed at a female audience. Basically the situation is looked at and dealt with from a female perspective. Shoujo is the female equivalent of shounen. A typical shounen is naruto, while a typical shoujo would be Fushigi Yuugi

Anyway : Aishiteru ze Baby is loveable, adorable, insanely kawaii, heartwarming, touching, breathtaking, ... Did I mention you really have to watch it?

Convinced, downloading now!
Old 2004-06-30, 16:56   Link #15
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:

"Hikaru"? hm, wasn't aware there was a "Hikaru" in Kiminozo ^_^ (there's a Haruka though)

anyway, i'm in the same boat as you...except i've seen/am watching practically ALL of the ones recomended ^_^;
all the ones mentioned above (especially Mahoromatic and Aishiteru ze Baby since they have similarities to MnH and Konomini)
i'd also like to add Da Capo
it's pretty similar to Kiminozo, in that both are very emotional for about 14 episodes (note that Da Capo is 26 episodes and KGNE is 14 episodes) and Da Capo has a lot of loveable characters (if you like MnH, you'd like this as well as Kanon) heck i liked absolutely every one of the characters in one way or another (though if some strange occurance happened and anime were brought to life and i met Sakura, i'd probably deck her)
i'd also recomend GTO, the anime isn't as good as the manga, but if you ever plan to read the manga, watch the anime first, they're different enough without being completely different stories.
Old 2004-06-30, 19:06   Link #16
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Haruka hikaru hikari haruko i get confused! (forgive me )

It looks like i have a large list of recommendations to choose from, and i must work through them all!
Old 2004-06-30, 22:38   Link #17
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Haruka hikaru hikari haruko i get confused! (forgive me )

It looks like i have a large list of recommendations to choose from, and i must work through them all!
*in a villain's voice* MWHAHAHA! you do not have enough space on your harddrive to complete The List!
speaking of which...better go buy some blank CDs...
Old 2004-07-01, 03:49   Link #18
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
*in a villain's voice* MWHAHAHA! you do not have enough space on your harddrive to complete The List!
speaking of which...better go buy some blank CDs...

Oooh i do

I have a total of 350 gb on my machine, and my anime has only taken 70gig so far...

so bring it all on!
Old 2004-07-01, 03:58   Link #19
NarutoHead

Quote:

SWEET! I'm downloading Kimi ga nozomu eien and Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai(which I really hope is konomini) is on my "Next" list!

Yoshi!(by the way, am I spelling that right? do I leave the I on there even though you don't pronounce it? bah i'm hopeless).
Old 2004-07-01, 04:02   Link #20
NarutoHead

Quote:
Oooh i do

I have a total of 350 gb on my machine, and my anime has only taken 70gig so far...

so bring it all on!

yeah I just bought 250 gigs to top the 37 I had. So I SHOULD have 287 gigs but, for some reason from the 250 that I bought only 233 makes it on "my computer"

I wonder where 27 gigs went. baka nothing to worry about I have over 250!

but BT still goes slow! I wish there was some other thing I could buy to make BT faster, I might just get some RAM for the time being but that won't do anything to dl speed. My Azu goes combined usually 40-90ish. But when I get the 30 and less instances I get mad. And when I get the 100+ days I wish it could stay that way.
Closed Thread