AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-17, 17:49   Link #41
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Nah, by now about 3-4 chinese subs must be out, in that case you can get them from emule...
Old 2004-10-18, 13:18   Link #42
Lyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan
Nah, by now about 3-4 chinese subs must be out, in that case you can get them from emule...
Thx for the tip about to watch epp 13 now
Old 2004-10-18, 18:37   Link #43
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

To me, Sachiko doesn't even care about Yumi. She just uses her.

She used her to get out of the play, is where it started. Then she brings Yumi to tears when during valentines, because Yumi had (seemed to be) avoiding her, then does the same thing herself this season!!!

And Yumi tried to confront her, and Sachiko said "Don't make me angry" or something like that, and (in a way) kicks Yumi into the gutter.

Then she doesn't eat so Yumi will come NOW. Now is when you come Yumi, you come when I say. I'm the master of this relationship, don't try to step over the line! (That's how she seems to me) She could have easily asked Yumi for help way before, and if she's too proud to ask for help, Yumi HAD come to her, but Sachiko blew her off.

She just seems to me plain uncaring. How has she become such a classic character?

Quote:
Well if you consider yourself a fan then give the series a chance to the very end... then you could rightfully say you didnt like it instead of relying on hunches ^^ ...
I'd like to watch it, but I can't handle bad people very well. (At least people who I see as bad) Like that whole Sei+Erika+Yuko episode, that made my stop watching for a time (and I decided to just read happenings to avoid those scenes anymore)

It's funny cause I LOVE Oniisama e... and who could have been abused more than Rei? But I loved her character so much, I seemed to be able to look past it. And enjoy the show. That may be why... I don't Love anyone from Marimite, just like some more than others. I especially like Tsutako and Minako! I wish there was more of them. ^__^ But I do like the whole soroity setting and sisters and all that. And nothing kooky ever happens at Lillian. Aliens don't show up or anything weird. It is just like a true to life tale. And I know (seemingly) bad people exist in life, so they have to be there (just like at Seiran) but for some reason, i just don't want them there! Not at Lillian. I want Lillian to be basically happy.

Maybe that's why I am so let down....

Quote:
Would you actually like this series if everyone was a goodie doodie and nothing ever happened ^^
For me it would! ^__^ *hee* Maybe it's my age, but I love a happy cheery tale of kindness and sweetness and fun. ^__^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
...or better yet, read the novel (assumption you cannot read Japanese taken into consideration).
No, I can't read or speak Japanese, which is sad when you learn that I own all the novels >__> My father has bought me the novels, mangas and Drama CDs. He's even got me a little green book that tells kanji and a Pimplser Japanese language course, but I'm too lazy to look into it. (I'm so wasteful -_-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
Yumi and Sachiko however, as strong and superior as Sachiko is, the both of them are *heavily* dependent on each other.
*hee* And I don't see Sachiko dependant at all. It's funny how people can see the same event and go away with 1,000 different ideas of what they just saw. ^_~
Old 2004-10-18, 19:48   Link #44
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Then you should see up to chapter 13 if what you want to see is

mild spoiler

Spoiler:

But seriously speaking, maybe your opinion of Sachiko will just hit bottom rock, but you will grow more fond of Yumy
Old 2004-10-19, 04:43   Link #45
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Not-so mild spoiler
Spoiler:

And honestly, if you don't call Sachiko dependant, then what is she? Cuddle-grubby?
Old 2004-11-28, 12:12   Link #46
LucifersGirl

I wonder if it a little late to add to this, but I'm new to the board and just stumple on this and have something to add..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
After watching it several times (nobody is perfect...):
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orm_Irian
Spoiler for Sort-of Youko analysis and a bit of historical analogy...:
I do agree with Orm Irian on different between Youko-Sachiko's and Sachiko-Yumi's relationship, Yumi can reach Sachiko's emotionally the way Youko can't and Youko's role on this issue. Also I think there's more into it.

Spoiler:

PS Please be patient of my English .
Old 2007-07-25, 21:07   Link #47
Zatoichi8820XX

final episode question

Ok at episode 13 of spring..why is Youko, and Suguru are dress like the Molder and Scully form the X-files?
Old 2007-07-25, 21:27   Link #48
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
I can't say I noticed, but now that you mention it...
One thing's for sure, Youko looks hawt in a suit.
Old 2007-07-25, 22:25   Link #49
Zatoichi8820XX

Also I was thing of the men in black when I saw them
Old 2007-07-25, 22:36   Link #50
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

They had attended the funeral of Sachiko's maternal grandmother. That's why they were dressed formally, in black.
Old 2007-07-26, 07:40   Link #51
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
I personally have to disagree with Sweets Yumi. I think Sachiko's problems with social and emotional issues stem more from her upbringing and family difficulties then any true reflection of her character. What I love about Sachiko (incidentally, she's probably my favourite character) is the fact that, while her sensitivity and tenderness is often hidden by a stern and bad tempered exterior, there can never be much doubt that she is, in fact, a lonely and even needy young woman. An example of this is in the episode where Mifuyu recounts her childhood with Sachiko in Lillian Kindergarten. She recalls Sachiko as rather recalcitrant and giving off 'air of severity' that keeps people away, and yet when Mifuyu begins a friendship with her, she is visibly much happier and more 'childlike'. This suggests that Sachiko has to be 'reached', but those who do touch her heart do so immeasurably. Sachiko doesn't give out affection with ease, and I think her earlier difficulties in expressing her feelings for Yumi are down to this deep rooted reservation, not a lack of care for Yumi. The bumpy start to their (later) very solid relationship is part of what makes Marimite such an emotionally honest series when compared to many others; the characters aren't perfect and all have their problems, just as we do in real life; neither do they always know what to do and how to act around people they love or care about (a problem for many of us IMO).

I think this episode reflects the maturation in Sachiko and Yumi's relationship; it has proved that they both depend on each other equally and that they are both young and have things to learn (from each other as well). Perhaps Yumi learns that her earlier worship of and possessiveness towards Sachiko was not really beneficial to their relationship and kept them apart; Sachiko has learnt to express her feelings to Yumi 'from the heart' and through affection rather than from afar. After they have admitted they love each other, which clearly both of them were desperate to say to each other through much of the later episodes, they are able to properly express themselves to each other and their relationship loses the tension and reservation that earlier proved problematic. Yumi realises Sachiko is only human after all, while Sachiko realises Yumi cares about Sachiko so much she isn't interested in how Sachiko appears to her; she simply loves her for who she is. Yumi has seen Sachiko distraught and in tears, showing all her vulnerability and insecurity, yet her love for her isn't changed at all (if anything it's strengthened). I think the fact that Yumi is able to 'forgive' her for past mistakes is what moves Sachiko to finally say what she's been aching to say (even if it's still a little reserved.)

Sorry for the ramble o.o
Old 2007-07-26, 13:58   Link #52
disney72
Going Bonklers

wow, that was long.. well said too.. hehe..
Old 2007-07-27, 08:18   Link #53
silverstri

i love all the soundtracks in this haru spring season! well done!!
Old 2009-02-22, 01:26   Link #54
Copycatken

I know I'm reviving an old thread but I just finished watching season 2 and I'd like to have something clarified.

Spoiler for About Youko:
Old 2009-02-22, 12:09   Link #55
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
My question is, did Youko actually try to comfort Sachiko and wasn't able to, thus creating the need to go get Yumi? Or did Youko already know that in this kind of situation, she wouldn't be able to do anything, and knew that only Yumi could cheer up Sachiko?
Probably the latter. Youko understands Sachiko extremely well, so she would be fully aware of what she could and could not contribute.

By the way, when you're reviving an old thread like this, there's no need for spoiler tags.
Old 2009-02-22, 20:47   Link #56
Slick_rick

In the novel it's actually the former. When Youko goes to comfort Sachiko all she gets is screamed at by Sachiko that she's not Yumi and Sachiko saying that "Yumi hates me." Youko even admits to being jealous of Yumi's importance to Sachiko in the book.
Old 2009-02-22, 23:31   Link #57
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
In the novel it's actually the former. When Youko goes to comfort Sachiko all she gets is screamed at by Sachiko that she's not Yumi and Sachiko saying that "Yumi hates me." Youko even admits to being jealous of Yumi's importance to Sachiko in the book.
Ah, it's interesting to learn that. I can see why they decided to not depict this in the anime though.
Old 2009-02-23, 09:42   Link #58
inisipis

I have a question.

In the last Episode of Maria-sama ni wa Naisho, were Yumi zips back after the credits. In one frame or so, there are writings in Yumi's eyes(it goes like a flash) There's no translation provided. I wonder what those writings mean in English.
Old 2009-02-23, 11:17   Link #59
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
I have a question.

In the last Episode of Maria-sama ni wa Naisho, were Yumi zips back after the credits. In one frame or so, there are writings in Yumi's eyes(it goes like a flash) There's no translation provided. I wonder what those writings mean in English.
Kabayan, you mean this?

According to what I asked to the habitues of the Garden of Maidens LJ comm, it means "the end".

*methinks of that "Sada" in Sadako's eye *
Old 2009-02-23, 11:53   Link #60
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Kabayan, you mean this?

According to what I asked to the habitues of the Garden of Maidens LJ comm, it means "the end".

*methinks of that "Sada" in Sadako's eye *
Thanks.
I wish Right Stuf added that to the Liner notes in the DVD
Closed Thread