Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 06:34   Link #27601
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Woah now Mr/Ms.

AGE is dog shit on a stick, but Woolf was easily the best thing that show has, not to mention his suits are totally Gundam versions of Prime Mode Ultra Magnus, you can't hate on that.
I've seen 14 episodes of AGE so far (sorry, going very slow). The show is not perfect, i agree it aint SEED or 8th MS team, but it not bad. I love the fact that it's another story then before, not the colonies vs earth or the intervention stuff. It goes abit fast and the fact that their are 3 parts with alot of time in between (25 years!) does bother me. I do liek teh fact that there is realisme in MS design, you so don't have a whole new range of new MS after 2 years! MS are built to last quite a while.

I like the simplicity of the Earth forces MS. I like the weirdness of the vagan suits, but their transformation could have been better done and more meaningfull. The show is full fo references towards older shows, personaly i don't think that's nessessary, but it's a nice feature.

As for Woolf, his MS are great, i liek teh white suits, even if i do not liek white as a color. But to compare him to that horrible white version of Ultra Magnus....Yak!!!! Ultra magnus best reincarnation was in Animated and the bot mode in Prime is not bad either when he had some color! The only white is ugly! Looks like a dead optimus prime! To bad they didn't do a better job either with the alternity version of him i would have bought that if it had more color..
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 07:10   Link #27602
bio9205
Reborn

Stay on topic guys, there's an AGE discussion thread for this.

On a side note, do you think Bandai is done with AGE HGs after the Fortress, with the drought of kits in the third arc compared to the first and second arcs?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 07:55   Link #27603
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

On a side note, do you think Bandai is done with AGE HGs after the Fortress, with the drought of kits in the third arc compared to the first and second arcs?
I hope not. There a still some kits I would like to get. But I wouldn't be surprised, if the Fortress was the last kit in the line
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 12:47   Link #27604
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post

As for Woolf, his MS are great, i liek teh white suits, even if i do not liek white as a color. But to compare him to that horrible white version of Ultra Magnus....Yak!!!! Ultra magnus best reincarnation was in Animated and the bot mode in Prime is not bad either when he had some color! The only white is ugly! Looks like a dead optimus prime! To bad they didn't do a better job either with the alternity version of him i would have bought that if it had more color..
Not really the place so lets keep this short and just say I disagree, I love the white/blue/green color scheme.

As for the topic, now that I have G Bouncer I'm pretty much done with the line as far as HG's go.

None of the rest of the suits really do anything for me and none of the characters are enough to make up for what I think to be ugly designs. What I do hope for is that when the AGE HG line does end that we will finally see a CC or AC/MC HG line introduced and finally get some modern quality HG's from Turn A/Wing like we did with G and X.

Also, it might not sell the best, but if you can't give me a MG DX at least let me have a HGAW DX please Bandai.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 15:38   Link #27605
helois

i always like custom gunpa by hobby no toriko:

Spoiler for img:
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 15:46   Link #27606
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

In terms of HG from Age, we need:

Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher Launcher
Age-1 Flat Glansa w/ Glastron Launcher

I think then we'll be done. Then all we need to do is wait for MG to come out.
Old 2012-09-20, 16:08   Link #27607
derrickmc63

i just finished with my custom g bouncer, i hope i did a good job considering that this my first paint job

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000164.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000162.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000158.jpg/
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 16:18   Link #27608
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
I know what you mean and I totally agree.
I have a tendecy to buy more kits than I have time to build. >_<

The same for when I buy video games. Ugh~ It sucks not having like 24-7 to just play videogames and make GunPla... It'd be nice. But that's part of life ya know?
for me its Gundam kits, books i acquire and buy and various television shows. i have nearly 10 books i have to read but dont take the time to do so. models also suffer from procrastiantion heavily. but i tend to do decent amounts of work on the kits when i feel in the mood to do so. i have an interest in buying Deathscythe hell custom and one of those green Bawoo but i know it'll take a long time to get to them should i buy them. i build the ones in the same order i purchase them for the most part. though i went ahead with the 100 Nebula Blitz to get rid of the biggest job and the Quanta and full saber will be done together.

the 100 repaint isnte even the biggest one i have on the list as once the MS are done i'll need to assemble/glue a 1/72 SU-47 Berkut (swept forward subsonic jet) model before even painting. if im lucky i'll be able to do that in 10 years given my current pace.

what annoys me the most is i cant stand those stickers though i do use the eye stickers. the rest i paint to replace the stickers that are supposed to be used. if it wasnt for that id have completed the kits long ago.

Last edited by X207; 2012-09-20 at 16:31.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 17:01   Link #27609
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmc63 View Post
i just finished with my custom g bouncer, i hope i did a good job considering that this my first paint job

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000164.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000162.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000158.jpg/
That's pretty impressive: was the clear part painted over or just left as it was?
Old 2012-09-20, 17:05   Link #27610
derrickmc63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
That's pretty impressive: was the clear part painted over or just left as it was?
i left it as it was
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:25   Link #27611
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Life is good.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/vi...extra=page%3D1
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:52   Link #27612
FalsePrime

More SEED RD's.

Really hope they take a break from SEED and Wing soon. Not to even hate but they are just tearing through the Wing/SEED like there is no tomorrow. Need something to spread them out so I enjoy the annoucments more instead of just expecting them.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:13   Link #27613
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd happily welcome some Side MS from Gundam Unicorn. But all Bandai is doing is re-releasing the Banshee and Unicorn Gundam, along with the Sinanju. They aren't making anything new. I would buy a Robot Damashii Loto or Delta Plus in a heartbeat.

It confuses me really. If by all accounts Gundam Unicorn is being a money maker, why not make more MS for the Robot Damashii series?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 07:05   Link #27614
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'd happily welcome some Side MS from Gundam Unicorn. But all Bandai is doing is re-releasing the Banshee and Unicorn Gundam, along with the Sinanju. They aren't making anything new. I would buy a Robot Damashii Loto or Delta Plus in a heartbeat.

It confuses me really. If by all accounts Gundam Unicorn is being a money maker, why not make more MS for the Robot Damashii series?
Probably because UC fans are more old-school and hence more acquainted with model kits, I guess. So their focus for Unicorn is on model kits.

On a side note, do all RGs come with fixed manipulator hands?
Old 2012-09-21, 07:42   Link #27615
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I welcome all seed Rd's and RG and MG's, but this guy is more expensive then it's 1/100 MG couterpart....

I got the RD Strike, nice but not flawless and definately to expensive for what you get.

I will be getting more 1/144 HG models from gundam AGE as for their reasonable price they are of superb quality.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 08:32   Link #27616
Plant42

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/7333/12clanchecustom.jpg

Clanche Custom is coming on December.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 08:50   Link #27617
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plant42 View Post
http://imageshack.us/a/img23/7333/12clanchecustom.jpg

clanche custom is coming on december.
fuck yes!!!
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 09:04   Link #27618
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
so is HGUC Delta Kai XD

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 09:35   Link #27619
bio9205
Reborn

Those 2 are amazing announcements. So bought.

EDIT: Looking at the Delta Kai - did anyone with the HG Delta Plus or Delta Gundam face any issues like looser joints due to the polycaps being worn out by transforming back and forth, with all that part swapping going on?

Last edited by bio9205; 2012-09-21 at 09:54.
Old 2012-09-21, 10:45   Link #27620
suiton629
Master Grade Master

MG Darkhound

:: waiting ::

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy